Senior - BHPian

Name:  ForumRunner_20120708_115236.png
Views: 4009
Size:  574.4 KB

The shine of the blue blistering barnacle
geeash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2012, 18:00   #47
Senior - BHPian

Car finally crossed 1k kms today. The engine is settling down well now.

Name:  ForumRunner_20120708_175932.png
Views: 3720
Size:  429.8 KB
Old 8th July 2012, 22:01   #48
BHPian

re: Billions of Blue Blistering Barnacles - My Maruti Swift ZDi EDIT: Now sold!

Hi,

Congrats on the car. The blue colour looks the best by far, though i am hoping the shine stays intact

Read earlier that you were planning to upgrade the lamps to 100/90. did you go ahead with the same? i am in a dilmmea about the same. Some advice will help.

Btw, what mileage are you getting on tankful and under what driving conditions.
Old 9th July 2012, 09:45   #49
BHPian

Hi. We have got a pre owned 2008 model vxi around 2 months back. I dont drive it much. When i do, i feel the tires ( changed by the previous owner) make more noise than my alto. Any comments?
Of course the power and comfort are good. I recently met with a small concern with my ANHC (read my thread) and drove a friends 2008 i10. With all due respect, except for the AC, Swift beats i10 hands down.
Old 11th July 2012, 10:35   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyp View Post
Hi, Read earlier that you were planning to upgrade the lamps to 100/90. did you go ahead with the same? i am in a dilmmea about the same. Some advice will help.

Btw, what mileage are you getting on tankful and under what driving conditions.
No i have not upgraded it as yet. But i know a fellow BHPian (handle: Sridhar K) who got the car very next day from my same dealer who has upgraded it to 100/90 hella with ceramic holders. He says it is very good. I am little apprehensive about all these cut out thingy. so i have post poned it. might do it next week when i go to fix K&N filter. will let you know how it works soon.

As for the mileage it is atpresent giving me 15.6kmpl diesel in chennai bumper to bumper traffic. It used to give me 11-12 ish mileage before the engine set. But for the last 2 tank full i have got 15.6 and 15.7 kmpl ( i have done a manual calculation which comes to around 15.7 so the MID is accurate). I did make a few tweaks to my driving to achieve that figure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00nuts001 View Post
Hi. We have got a pre owned 2008 model vxi around 2 months back. I dont drive it much. When i do, i feel the tires ( changed by the previous owner) make more noise than my alto. Any comments?
what tyres do you have? i have OEM goodyear duraplus shoes in mine. Pretty noisy but people say it is way durable. didnt change it for the want of vitamin M. sridhar ( Sridhar K) who had MRF ZVTS as stock replaced it with YOKO A DRIVE and his car indeed feels like heaven

A few Long awaited Pics of my Blue Blistering Barnacle

Billions of Blue Blistering Barnacles - My Maruti Swift ZDi EDIT: Now sold!-img_2223.jpg

Billions of Blue Blistering Barnacles - My Maruti Swift ZDi EDIT: Now sold!-img_2224.jpg

Billions of Blue Blistering Barnacles - My Maruti Swift ZDi EDIT: Now sold!-img_2225.jpg

Billions of Blue Blistering Barnacles - My Maruti Swift ZDi EDIT: Now sold!-img_2226.jpg

Billions of Blue Blistering Barnacles - My Maruti Swift ZDi EDIT: Now sold!-img_2227.jpg

Billions of Blue Blistering Barnacles - My Maruti Swift ZDi EDIT: Now sold!-img_2278.jpg

Billions of Blue Blistering Barnacles - My Maruti Swift ZDi EDIT: Now sold!-img_2232.jpg

Billions of Blue Blistering Barnacles - My Maruti Swift ZDi EDIT: Now sold!-img_2237.jpg

Billions of Blue Blistering Barnacles - My Maruti Swift ZDi EDIT: Now sold!-img_2238.jpg

Billions of Blue Blistering Barnacles - My Maruti Swift ZDi EDIT: Now sold!-img_2241.jpg

Billions of Blue Blistering Barnacles - My Maruti Swift ZDi EDIT: Now sold!-img_2245.jpg

Billions of Blue Blistering Barnacles - My Maruti Swift ZDi EDIT: Now sold!-img_2246.jpg
geeash is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th July 2012, 12:06   #51
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post

A few Long awaited Pics of my Blue Blistering Barnacle
Amazing pictures of the billions of blue blistering barnacles, doc . The color is as stunning as can be. Without doubt, a blue Swift ZDi is the most hot-looking color/hatch on Indian roads today, a Red/yellow Palio GTX being the only other hot-looking hatch I can remember. The blue just screams for attention, with those funky alloys adding up to the hotness quotient.

I love the body color bumper protectors you have installed sir. They complement the look. The other black+chrome protectors just look like junk in front of these. Could you please upload some close-up shots of those for me ? I want to get them on my blue ZDi at the maruti dealer itself.

On a different note, I see many Swifts on the road with a bent aerial. Your fortunately seems to be upright. I am assuming you are not using any car cover.

Is this common aerial bend because Maruti's MGA car cover doesn't have a pouch for the aerial and causes it to bend after some days? Any comments from existing MGA car cover users for Swift?

Last edited by KarthikK : 11th July 2012 at 12:08.
Old 12th July 2012, 06:23   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK

I love the body color bumper protectors you have installed sir. They complement the look. The other black+chrome protectors just look like junk in front of these. Could you please upload some close-up shots of those for me ? I want to get them on my blue ZDi at the maruti dealer itself.

Is this common aerial bend because Maruti's MGA car cover doesn't have a pouch for the aerial and causes it to bend after some days? Any comments from existing MGA car cover users for Swift?
They are MGA. They are the bumper moulding of the old swifts. The new ones with chrome look el cheapo. Its IMHO doesn't go well with new swift. So i had asked the MSM to paint th older bumper mouldings and install it.

They have indeed done a good job. Costed me 1.7k including painting. I have posted a closeup pic on the previous picture series. Please have a look. If you want more ill take and post it.

The MGA pdf in the site has a picture of bumper moulding for new swifts without the chrome painted to body colour. Unfortunately it is still not available at MASS
geeash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2012, 07:23   #53
Senior - BHPian

Time for road trip. Planning to take the car for first long trip. My car has run 1.2k. Is it safe to rev her high? I read the manual and there is nothing about the run in period at all. I have sedately driven her till now inside city apart from occasional turbo surge within limits. Whats your take on this guys.? This one is diesel so dont want to take chances.

Secondly i read somewhere in the forum that especially if the car is diesel the car has to be idled 10-15 seconds on coldrun and also when i stop the car for the coolant to circulate in turbo for its long life. How many of you practice this? Does this need to be done?
Old 12th July 2012, 07:59   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash
Time for road trip. Planning to take the car for first long trip. My car has run 1.2k. Is it safe to rev her high? I read the manual and there is nothing about the run in period at all?
You can very well take your Swift on that trip without any apprehensions. I took my Ertiga from Chennai to Ooty when it had a mere 100 kms on the odo. Did the ghats beautifully. Came back for first service and then did a Chennai-Trivandrum-Chennai the very next day. Didn't follow any run in but drove with my usual style.

Enjoy your trip, should have no problem. After a long highway drive let the engine idle for a minute before shutting down. That's about it.
Old 17th July 2012, 02:18   #55
Senior - BHPian

Back from trip. Let the pictures do the talking

Name:  ForumRunner_20120717_021743.png
Views: 3204
Size:  446.3 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20120717_021808.png
Views: 3100
Size:  342.8 KB
geeash is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th July 2012, 10:52   #56
Senior - BHPian

Update:

Finally installed K&N filter for my blue barnacle yesterday. Cost 4.8k with 200rs tip for the installer. The pickup has improved ad is awesome. Have not driven the car much. will update soon.

Sadly i have to forgo the armrest. the new design too does not fit correctly with flange not seating properly.
Old 12th August 2012, 16:06   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK

On a different note, I see many Swifts on the road with a bent aerial. Your fortunately seems to be upright. I am assuming you are not using any car cover.

Coming in late into this thread and happened to see your post, hence the delay.

I had the same issue with the aerial bending as I use a body cover. I found a way to fix it. I unscrewed the aerial and now keep it in the glove box. I use it only if I am going out of town or on a long highway run.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash

Secondly i read somewhere in the forum that especially if the car is diesel the car has to be idled 10-15 seconds on coldrun and also when i stop the car for the coolant to circulate in turbo for its long life. How many of you practice this? Does this need to be done?
I have been doing this diligently since day one. More like 30 secs idling on startup and shutdown. More relevant when you do high speed running and immediately stop the car. This should prolong the life of the turbo and turbo bearings.

Looks like you got the standard K&N filter installed judging by the price. I believe there are performance filters as well costing 10K+ which further improve the output. Let us know your experience with the standard filter.

Last edited by fuel_addict : 12th August 2012 at 16:09.
fuel_addict is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2012, 09:29   #58
Senior - BHPian

Car is in MSM for 2ns free service. A few problems

1. A rattling from the rear windshield
2. Bumper scratch from speed breaker
3. Regular service

6 MONTHS OF OWNERSHIP FINALLY I AM ALL AT PEACE
Old 16th October 2012, 11:06   #59
Senior - BHPian

Fantastic color. The color options on the prev gen SWIFT were very limited.

Be rest assured, this is a fill it and forget it type of car. Need to follow the regular schedule, thats all. Replace the air filter every 5K Kms. It costs Rs 268.

Watch out for the grade of engine oil they use at the service center. MASS are notorious for pushing costly engine oils for no apparent reason.

Last edited by F150 : 16th October 2012 at 11:07.
Old 16th October 2012, 17:23   #60
Senior - BHPian

The car is back from 2nd service. MSM guy are thorough professionals. Have done a immaculate job. The car is new again.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks