Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd May 2012, 22:00   #1
Senior - BHPian

Billions of Blue Blistering Barnacles - My Maruti Swift ZDi EDIT: Now sold!

"Riding the wind of changes" is the tagline of Suzuki. The winds of change has blown hard enough that it has prompted me to go for a second car, My Billions of Blue Blistering Barnacles

Here is my story Cut to the Past - Usual Flashback

Back in Last august the first winds blew. I own a Fiat Linea Emotion Pack Petrol 2009 Model, back at that time my car was on a constant niggles and was on and off to the Tata A.S.S. It was emotionally draining for me and was time consuming too. Emotionally draining as it was my first car and i had put all my money into it despite all the negative feedbacks and questions from Family and it was giving trouble. Time consuming as the service station was the other corner and each time i had to squeeze my time inbetween my profession as orthopaedic surgeon to take the car to get rectified. The car was indeed a dream to drive and it was sheer bad luck that it was repeatedly giving problems. My loan for the car was still 8-10 months to go, so i was not at a point where i could sell my car (Lucky I didnt).

Flash Came a Thought -
Why dont i buy another car (As soon as the flash of thought, came another flash which was even more brighter " I am running to save my life with my wife running behind me with a big stick ). My car loan is not yet over, i have not spent any money on this car as everything has been covered in warranty and extended warranty nor i am in dire need to get another car, Then why should i get another car???. I just ignored that flash.

In another 15 days i suffered another niggle and again i had to take the car. Then the flash came again ( Er!! I mean both the flashes) accompanied by another one "why dont i convince my wife that the car is for her " (She had just got a drivers licence and was finding difficult to drive the biggie). Glee !! Atleast let me try !!

Came and told wifey. Bham! Wham! Bricks and Bats . Oh God, if only i had worn my abdomen guard !!

Despite the life support and all the bandages the flash refused to die. What shall i do now?. Ok!! Ok !! Let me present my case with a little more statistics and all dressed up to wifey !!

So came back here and created a thread on what i could do and assess my situation and take it from here (either sweet or salt) http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-c...-syndrome.html

Few good souls were here to guide me. Special thanks to GTO. He had replied

Quote:
Retain your Linea:

- Selling a 2 year old car means taking a MASSIVE hit in depreciation! This is especially true in the case of a petrol European (always the fastest to sink). Heck, I don't even recommend selling 5 year old cars.

- Replacing the Linea with a new car for depreciation benefits is akin to spending 100 bucks to get back 30. Penny wise, pound foolish.

- You still have warranty left on it.

For the wife:

- Jazz. The best hatchback in the market, now properly priced too

- Swift diesel. Fun, fresh and fuel-efficient too. Can't go wrong.

These two hatchbacks make for the most sensible deals today
This hit me hard !! Harder than the wifey's Bang !! Wham !!. I wanted a diesel car badly as I had driven close to 50k in linea in 3 years and I didnt want to create a hole in my wife's purse.
So Like all guys here " I decided to get my wifey a small car that was diesel" . You get it ?

Ok you guys helped me decide the car type but did anyone help me with the question. 'How to deal the better half??' Cars anyone can decide but you guys left me alone on the hard part. There is no thread in teambhp which can help poor souls deal with the tough part. So decided to wait till the time was ripe to break the ice.

Looks like god was watching my hopeless situation and threw in a towel.

Cut and Pan right 11/09/2011 ( yeah same 9/11) We had a bad accident when driving back from to chennai from bangalore. (yeah my wifey was driving. It was never her fault.). The car's rear was totaled and was a terrible day

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2502638

It dented our confidence in highway driving too. If it was not for the Fiat's Tank like build we wouldnt have been here to write this report. That proved a blessing in disguise. She just wouldnt ride this big car again ( Hee !! Hee !! the car was all mine !!). Took time to cajole her and took cue from Leonardo di Caprio from the film "Inception" and planted a thought in her brain that we have to go for a new car. ( If only i looked like Di caprio hmmm...... Nevertheless I am a rajnikanth, why should i worry !!). Showed her the thread i had created and the choices.

No matter how much ever we guys try to convince wife's you can never read their mind. If i only had the ability like MelGibson in " What Women Want". Halfheartedly started TD ing various cars to zero in. Cars in nomination were FIGO TDCI, i20 CRDI, Micra DCI, All new Swift DDIS (which had just launched), Polo, Liva, Beat. You know how memsaab is (all memsaab are the same). You can never take any to TD various cars as they dont have interest and even if you take them and then make your own choice to purchase it will fire back !!. So decided that i will TD most and zero in on top 3 and then take her for Miss india Final selection.

Liva - Barebones car definitely not my choice
Beat - Small but too small
Polo - Too much out of my pocket
I20 - Pretty old car at that time ( new gen had not launched back then)

So the top 3 were FIGO, Micra, All new swift

Figo TD http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-c...ml#post2519069

Micra TD http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-c...ml#post2519112

Swift TD It was just launched at that time and a TD car was hardly available in chennai for me to test. Not even the Official Reviews here were posted. Got hold of one at vishnu cars but couldnt drive the first time. (Wifey : You should have listened to me when i said the car will not be available )

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post2508612

Finally got hold of the car in 2nd week of october and TDed

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post2529520

Ford Figo

I liked it. As it was VFM. A little less on my budget. I am happy. Wifey said She didn't like it. (ofcourse she didnt tell that to me on straight. she said a few answers, i took cue from that. when ever she says " whatever " I dare not take a step further.). But you hardly get to know what they really mean from what ever they say. There are universal rules which we guys must follow to avoid the ladies wrath

For example : 1. When ever my wifey says "Fine"' It means this is the word used to end an argument when she is right and i need to shut up

2. When ever she says "Don’t worry about it, I got it" It is a dangerous statement, meaning this is something that she has told a me to do several times, but is now doing it herself. This will later result in me asking ‘What’s wrong?’ , Which will result in varied cliched responses.

I bet each one of you would have experienced. So i did not dare to upset the wifey. Meanwhile i saw the injector problem in figo thread and was concerned. So dropped Figo.

The impeccable thing about Ford marketing is that they pursue you even after you have said that you have booked another car. God knows how they call me each time i put on a glove for surgery.

I month before
SA: Saar !1 when are you coming to book the Figo Saar
Me: I have already booked swift which i have told you many times
SA: Why saar. Figo is a good caar saar, ill give it to you in 3 days saar
Me: No, thanks i am busy. Bye
SA: But saar........
Wifey : Bish ! Dish !! Bang !! bang !!

Now i know how to deal with you pestering tele marketers. Now he hardly calls. sends me only SMS about Figo.

Nissan Micra

Wifey Liked it, Loved it. It was too feminine for me (I dare not say that to her !!). She likes it, i like it too. But service centres are far and i would have the same problem like before. But wifey likes it . Yes !!. But she says the car is not at all feminine and car looks good. I agree the car looks awesome.

Maruti Swift

Wifey likes the car and says its drivable for her too despite the fat that it is big. I personally like the car. The car service centre is just across the street. No hassles. But if only wifey likes the swift more than Micra . Period

The discussion went on for couple of months. We even thought enquiring the resale for linea but the resale value was bad. And we decided that we are definitely retaining the car. And so It was Micra vs Swift. Debate went on and on, just then maruti/ micra hiked the price in december by 15k. Bham!!. This time its for the car makers to hit me hard.

Am i a punching bag or what !!!

Decided to go and book car ASAP. Meanwhile the new swifts started appearing on road and wifey had by then started to incline toward s swift due to various fore mentioned reasons and also that swift had a waiting period, So by the time the swift arrives we would have finished the present car loan in march, which was a blessing , so no additional burden on my pocket too.

Cut and shift to next call sheet

4-Jan 2012, I had gone to operate a case at a leading hospital in the city with my mentor. When i finished and came back i saw a new gleaming Toyota Liva in the car park. My mentor had just bought the car. Only 2 days before he had his old Tata sumo and suddenly he had sold it and got Toyota Liva. That was the last straw to break. Took wifey with 10k cash to Vishnu cars to book the car

What variant?, I am never a person who takes risk on life. Without airbags and ABS, i consider all cars as yamaraj ka vahn so it was Zdi for me. I call it ZiDdI (Zdi) or stubborn. I am stubborn about protection.

What colour?

Univesral rule no 1. When ever you get things which are decided based colour always leave it to the women folk at home. Not only they are sentimental in choosing colours be it for diwali saree or cars, they are the best judge too. More because i am like a universal guy who is colour blind.Like all guys i see colour like this,

Billions of Blue Blistering Barnacles - My Maruti Swift ZDi EDIT: Now sold!-how_men_and_women_see_colors.jpg

Then what is the use? I liked the greyish brown colour (Glistening Grey) and electric blue. You see how colour blind i am. But wifey likes Torque Blue. Blue Blue matches. So decided it was the colour to go and paid 10k advance. The official waiting period was 6 months but since the dealer was new the SA said he will get me one in 4 months time. The SA said he would give me the basic accessories for the car as a compliment ( Mudflaps, Mats, Steering cover)

Intermission and 2nd Half

Endless wait for 4 months starts. I give a call every 15 days torturing the SA to speed up. Meanwhile MSIL had risen the price again by 17k in post january and then 15k in budget. Agony!!, Sheer Agony!!. The car which i had booked for 7.47L has risen to 7.97L. Had to endure thoughts of cancelling the car during every price rise and go back to feminine micra. This time wifey was firm that we were going to get the Swift and stopped me each time with her trademark remarks.

Meanwhile it had become a trend in team-bhp to give a name to the car. We were scouting name for the blue car and zeroed in on two
1. Smurf
2. Billions of blue Blistering barnacles

Universal rule 2: When something is decided by the name leave it to womenfolk or they get wild. Wifey like the second one ( i pretend to like the first one , so that she likes the second)

At the end of April i gave a call to SA and told him his 4 months is over and asked him to buck up, he asked me choice of colours. What colours? The Primeminister had already spoken. How can i change the colour now. I dare not change for obvious reasons. Tolds the PM about the choice of colours thingy. She consented to Glistening grey and Silver as choice but preference for Blue. Adviced SA accordingly.

In 2 days SA called me back saying the car had started from the plant and it is indeed Torque Blue. I can process my loan, the car will be in the yard in 12 days. Started processing the loan. I am always the one who shops around for loan (it is the other way when i go for shopping). To my rude shock got a message from the dealer that i have to finish of the financial formalities in 2 days flat as it is their rule when the car had started from plant. Pissed off.

Payment
SA: Sir this is the rule.
Me: (First signs of rising): Show me the rule book or ill complain to maruti that you guys are pressurising.
SA: Ok Ok, Take your own time and make us a payment before car arrives.

Insurance:
Me: I am going to take my own insurance as it is costing me 2k less than your quote.
SA: It is a rule that first time the insurance should be taken at dealership.
Me: Bang !! Iit feels so good to give back), Show me the rule book or I will complain to MSIL
Team leaders and SA discuss : Finally they relent

On 6/05/2012. The car has come to the yard. Specific instructions from Primeminister that the formalities has to be completed and car to be delivered on 10th or 11th after registration.I ask them to do their PDI on Monday or Tuesday so that I can do my PDI on Wednesday. The Car can be sent for registration on Thursday and delivered on Thursday or Friday.

PDI

SA: We dont allow customers to do PDI before registration as a rule
Me: I insist, If not i cancel the car
SA: Sir we don't allow.
Me: I dont know. I have to look at the car before registration or else forgo and book Micra
SA: Ok Sir You can have a look at the vehicle at our yard on wednesday.

Cometh the wednesday I take a printout of PDI from team-bhp and take my camera and my friend and wifey along

Shock !! More shock !!.The car is parked in the yard as if it has just come from transit. The PDi has not been done and no one has bothered to even come near the car. Called the SA back (The Home Ministry relegates to silence when she is so pissed off (be it with me or what ever). Bang bang Bish Dish Puff !!

Looks like the car would'nt go for registration on tThursday. Told him I would sign on Form 20 only after i see the car. He is beginning to get it !!. All Along i have been the punching bag where can i release all my pent up forces?? Eh !! My buddy SA you are the punching bag for Punching bag.Missed the deadline again as he did not call me all Thursday and Friday morning he calls and tells me that car is going for registration.

Me: SA ,My buddy dont you get it , Is my english bad or are your cochlear thingy has concked off and brain is in Manmohansingh mode. I told you i would like to have a hard look at the car before i sign on form 20. why didnt you get your PDI right and show me the car on thursday.

But this time i was terribly pissed of that I was in no mood to take it more. Called up Maruti and lodged a complaint against the dealer and to my surprise they were keen on resolving the issue. Got a call from CCM and with due apologies asked me to give a alternate date for registration and delivery. I told him specifically that i need to do a PDI. if i am allowed to do a PDI on Sunday ( holiday to SA and dealer)(Me taking revenge on them. it feels so good), I can take the car delivery on Wednesday.

Sunday: Had a hard look at the car. wifey spotted a few scratches on the bumper and the rear window wobble. (My god !! she has become addicted to the car. tough time for me hereafter). told SA to put things in place and gave my voters ID for registration

Tuesday:
SA: RTO is asking my Medical registration certificate to register my car. What the F***?.
Me:i am in middle of surgery and why didnt you get it from me earlier. i told you no goof ups.
SA: Sorry sir this is a new rule it seems.

Told him that i will take 2hrs for finishing my work and only then i can come. Went and gave it and got the car registered and got the number.

Delivery 16/05/2012
It has not just sink in. I am going to take delivery of the car despite all the Bang Bang !!. Went to the dealership and completed all formalities and checked the car and did a formal pooja and took the car out for a spin and came back home with my Family

Finally,I have got the Billions of Blue Blistering Barnacles for me.(Er!! For the wife)

Billions of Blue Blistering Barnacles - My Maruti Swift ZDi EDIT: Now sold!-img_2179.jpg

Accessories

Door sill plates and Door side mouldings. Decided against spoilers as the dealers said they cannot give 100% match to car colour

Planned upgrade

Decided to go for MRF ZLO tyres as upgrade to stock goodyear dura plus. Guys please advice on this......
Reverse parking sensors with integrated camera console
Bluetooth and navigation system

Have taken the car for a spin for close to 150kms ( Haven't given it to my wifey till now !!) and here are my analysis

Plus:
1. The car in blue is awesome. Makes head turn all the way.
2. The refinement is a big leap over previous products. The engine is not that noisy as i expected. The NVH is good
3. The best thing in the car are the front seats. it is so hugging that you feel like sitting in a massage chair
4. The second best thing is the A/C. it is a real chiller. ( Cools wifey when she is in anger ). it is a big leap when compared to A/C in linea
5. The drivability in city is good. one nudge on the pedal you feel the adrenal rush of the turbo. I have to refrain from doing that atleast for the first 1k kms. But it is so hard
6 The gear shift is butter smooth and slick. though it is not like my linea which is a notch better
7. Handling is on par with my linea in city and has great maneuverability. Haven't taken her to high speeds so cannot comment how it is on top speed
8. Awesome music system but with A/C in full fan speed makes it sound meek.
Cons:
1. I am missing the boot space of linea much. the boot is so small, that i cant even keep my wifey's make up kits !!
2. Tyres are pretty noisy. but have to live with it due to lack of Vitamin M. People say it is durable
3. Lack of Bluetooth is hurting me a lot. I am used to linea Blue and me and voice dialing and it is pretty hard for me to revive and attend calls.
4. I am feeling the ride to be pretty stiff unlike the reviews here. probably have to check the air pressure or might take the suspension to loosen up.
5. The ORVM control joystick is a pain in the A**. You can never navigate the mirror to your liking effortlessly
6. I am getting a small rattle from the back. Couldn't locate from where it is coming. have to address is it 1st service
7. The car gets very dusty very soon. and it shows on the blue colour. it is a pain to daily wipe the car without swirl marks. Have to get a Jopasu

Haven't done a tank full to assess the FE. Planning to do that only after 1st service after the engine has settled down

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented in this thread are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the womenfolk. Buying a Car employing the same tactics as written by author is subjected to domestic risks. Read the thread related documents carefully before taking your first step. Author and the thread is not responsible nor do advocate for any untoward violence occuring in the household if you employ the same tactics.

PS: Moderators, Please dont show this thread to my wife even if she requests you through contact form. I might be subjected to manslaughter at home.

Last edited by geeash : 24th May 2012 at 11:21. Reason: Appropriate change of title
geeash is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 17th May 2012, 12:13   #2
BHPian

re: Billions of Blue Blistering Barnacles - My Maruti Swift ZDi EDIT: Now sold!

Congratulations geeash.
Pls post more photos; any new car thread is incomplete without it.

Your writing style is just hilarious - doesnt go well with the profession you are in
All the best and wish you many more happy (s)miles.
Old 17th May 2012, 12:18   #3
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Aswhin,

Finally a Diesel car in your Garage.
Color is indeed good in all times. My personal Favourite too.
Change to Black Momo Alloys and MRF ZLO, you are done
Enjoy and Drive Safe.
Old 17th May 2012, 12:23   #4
Team-BHP Support

congrats on the blue swift, geeash! Wish you many happy miles with the ZDi! Fantastic to know the whole story behind the purchase , I thoroughly enjoyed reading through your entire experience.

I share a similar garage - linea and swift - both champions in their own right. I agree with your choice of car - somehow, I never liked any of the other diesel hatches apart from the swift for sheer in-city peppiness and agility. Ditto with the driver-focussed ergonomics and seating comfort. In my experience, nothing can replace a Swift but the Swift itself! I would be upgrading my ageing, first gen swift zxi to a torque blue ZDi which should be here in a few months from now (already booked in march).

I would like to know how much time did the delivery take for you after booking? Was it exactly 4 months like you mentioned in your post? Were there any attempts by the dealer to postpone? I have been quoted a waiting period of 8 months and I am contemplating whether to enquire in other dealers and try blackmailing my SA that I will switch dealers if he doesn't deliver early.

some queries

- How much did the reverse parking sensor with reverse camera cost you, if I may ask? and what make is it?

- Are they giving goodyear as stock tyres now? I thought it was MRF ZVTV 185/65R15 all along

- Are they having an option of getting those body coloured bumper mouldings? I somehow didn't like that chrome inlay type bumper mouldings. They look cheap and spoil the front look completely (seen that very frequently on swifts nowadays).

- how is the ICE speaker quality and do you feel the need to upgrade? I am not too much of an audiophile and rarely play music loudly, but would like to know if they produce jarring at high volume.

some observations from previous swift experience

- The MGA side mouldings look okay, but in my experience from my present Swift, the dark grey plastic on the side mouldings are of pathetic quality. They start fading and become light grey after a year or two of usage.

- watch for the power window switches, especially the rear ones. Maruti has some infamous problems with these. Mine used to fall into the door trim cavity every other day if anyone pressed hard. Again, one had to remove the whole door panel and make it sit properly. I've had my fair share of woes with this. Hopefully Maruti has rectified this in the updated Swift. The setup definitely looked better in the current version, from what I saw in the new Swift's TD.

- watch for rattles from the dashboard plastics and mirrors. Mine had developed rattles prematurely at around 2000km itself!

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
Decided against spoilers as the dealers said they cannot give 100% match to car colour
Aftermarket fitments cannot give the exact same texture as the original body parts, but the spoiler color difference will hardly be perceptible to normal people, unless we decide to take a lens and inspect under bright sunlight. Considering it is a MGA spoiler, they will paint it with the exact same T-blue shade of paint as the car anyway. If not 100% resemblance, there will be 95% resemblance to the rest of the body. My Swift used to sport the OEM spoiler earlier, and my Linea sports an OEM spoiler too; i don't think paint matching difference should be a cause for concern.

P.S - do post some more pictures of the blue beauty! a.k.a Billions of Blue Blistering Barnacles. This color is really a treat to the eyes

Last edited by KarthikK : 17th May 2012 at 12:45.
Old 17th May 2012, 14:50   #5
Senior - BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 18th May 2012 at 11:26.
bigron is offline   Received Infraction
Old 17th May 2012, 15:16   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
Congrats Aswhin,

Finally a Diesel car in your Garage.
Color is indeed good in all times. My personal Favourite too.
Enjoy and Drive Safe.
Congrats on the new car ashwin. Yes I agree with Karthik that momo alloys + MRG ZLO (or Yoko a-drive) will make the ride complete
Old 17th May 2012, 15:42   #7
BHPian

Hahaha. Brilliant writing there, Geeash. And congratulations on the Smurf (or Barnacle).
I will keep my eyes peeled for your updates.
Old 17th May 2012, 16:10   #8
Senior - BHPian

geeash - congrats on the new acquisition! Great choice and smart colour too! I enjoyed reading about your decision making and comments on the workings of the female mind. Don't we all know it too well.
Old 17th May 2012, 17:19   #9
Senior - BHPian

Congrats and many happy miles on you new blue 'Smurf' err did you say that you decided between your wifi it would be the other one, that 'barnacles' as the official name (hope your first aid kit is handy). Anyway now you have to keep her off from this thread as well for your disobedience.
Old 17th May 2012, 18:57   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by advaitlele View Post
Pls post more photos; any new car thread is incomplete without it.
Couldnt take more photos on delivery day. Planning to take her along with my DSLR for a photoshoot this weekend. Will post soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
Not planning to change the alloys, but for sure better tyres are in piping. will soon buzz you, my linea buddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
I share a similar garage - linea and swift - both champions in their own right.

I would like to know how much time did the delivery take for you after booking? Was it exactly 4 months like you mentioned in your post? Were there any attempts by the dealer to postpone?

some queries

- How much did the reverse parking sensor with reverse camera cost you, if I may ask? and what make is it?

- Are they giving goodyear as stock tyres now? I thought it was MRF ZVTV 185/65R15 all along

- Are they having an option of getting those body coloured bumper mouldings? I somehow didn't like that chrome inlay type bumper mouldings. They look cheap and spoil the front look completely (seen that very frequently on swifts nowadays).

- how is the ICE speaker quality and do you feel the need to upgrade? I am not too much of an audiophile and rarely play music loudly, but would like to know if they produce jarring at high volume.

Spoiler If not 100% resemblance, there will be 95% resemblance to the rest of the body.
P.S - do post some more pictures of the blue beauty! a.k.a Billions of Blue Blistering Barnacles. This color is really a treat to the eyes
Thanks KarthikK. Pleased to know that we both have linea and swift in our garage.
As for your queries
1. Delivery took a little more than 4 months. No the dealer didnt try to postpone it as i had kept torturing the SA every 10-15 days for the car

2. I have not fitted the parking sensors yet. i went and enquired today in market. I wanted a parking sensors integrated with camera console for my Barnacles. There was only oone brand called "TorQ" available in which both are integrated. the previledge moto mall quoted 11k for the equipment and 500 bucks for painting the sensor to body colour. i enquired else where and they quoted me 8k for the equipment but no painting. planning to take the equipment alone and get the sensors painted at MASS and then fit it with quality installer

3. Swift now comes with goodyear duraplus and mrf zvts both. In my car it was good year and in the next batch which sridar ( Sridhar K from here) who is going to get delivery of the same colour car from the same dealer from next batch has MRFZVTS. He is planning to change. I am in double mind as People say this dura plus is a durable tyre and will last 50-60k, but it is a little noisy. i dont mind the noise. only thing is that i dont want to go for very soft tyres like primacy or yoko avs decibel which are prone for puncture in side walls, Guys please advice regarding this

4. They dont have those body colour bumper mouldings as of now ( but website lists it as available) and the OEM is a typical eye sore with a chrome inlay, wifey didnt like it. so i dare not fit it

5. The ICE is pretty good. better than my OEM linea. I am a amateur hobby composer and keyboard player and have a studio at my home. i frequently mix sounds at my studio and bring and hear it in car to test how it is sounding on day to day speakers. Though it is not upto studio standards, it is pretty good. The bass is a bit boomy, but mids and highs are well defined. thats pretty much ok for me.

6. After seeing your post i have ordered for OEM spoilers. Hope to get it fixed tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantX View Post
Congrats on the new car ashwin. Yes I agree with Karthik that momo alloys + MRG ZLO (or Yoko a-drive) will make the ride complete
Thanks Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitg79 View Post
Hahaha. Brilliant writing there, Geeash. And congratulations on the Smurf (or Barnacle).
I will keep my eyes peeled for your updates.
sure sure will keep you posted mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
geeash - congrats on the new acquisition! Great choice and smart colour too! I enjoyed reading about your decision making and comments on the workings of the female mind. Don't we all know it too well.
yeah we all know it but we refuse to talk about it in open is it not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishglg View Post
Congrats and many happy miles on you new blue 'Smurf' err did you say that you decided between your wifi it would be the other one, that 'barnacles' as the official name (hope your first aid kit is handy). Anyway now you have to keep her off from this thread as well for your disobedience.
I have asked the moderators to change the title to blistering barnacles. Accidentally posted the old one here. hope the wifey doesnt come near team-bhp
geeash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2012, 19:11   #11
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Ashwin! Enjoyed the write up and glad to see that you still retained the Linea
Old 18th May 2012, 09:01   #12
Senior - BHPian

Had taken my Blue Barnacle for its first coat of make up yesterday. I was not satisfied with the washing and level of shine when i got delivery of the car from vishnu cars.So took her to 3M car care yesterday for paint protection and barnacles had a free quote of make up. the car is back to awesomeness.

On the wallet : Rs.3300
Got Meguiar's NXT Generation Tech Wax 2.0 and a microfibre cloth for maintaining the shine
geeash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2012, 10:49   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ congratulations doc.

I'll tell you something that has made maintaining a dark blue colour so so easy.

wash and dry bonnet and immediately apply wax on it ; repeat on all panels in the following sequence:
  • front right fender
  • front right door
  • rear right door
  • rear right panel
  • roof
  • boot
  • rear bumper
  • rear left panel
  • rear left door
  • front left door
  • front left fender
  • front bumper
By the time the sequence is done,the wax on panel #1(bonnet) would have dried up and time for the final wipe to shine

repeat on all panels and you're left with a shining car - all in approx 1hr 15mins

I tried this out a month back and have never washed my car since ; just a gentle wipe with a soft old vest and all the dust is gone.

damages - aching arms

Last edited by vigsom : 18th May 2012 at 11:09. Reason: addition
vigsom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th May 2012, 11:06   #14
Team-BHP Support

Thanks for all the answers to my queries. I will keep a close watch on your thread from now for all ownership updates. Glad to know the car got a 3M coating now. It will shine all the more, and indeed reflect billions of blistering particles of light . Pictures of your weekend photoshoot are eagerly awaited. Any plans on getting an underbody protection plate for the Swift? I was thinking of getting one for my ZDi when it arrives. Not sure where this is available though. Lineas and Puntos come factory fitted with this, really useful when travelling I guess
Old 25th May 2012, 09:53   #15
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Thread moved from the Assembly Line to the Initial Ownership Section. Thanks for sharing!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks