Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2012, 22:05   #31
Team-BHP Support

Re: Less is More - VW Jetta Highline MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivasuma View Post
Overall, how was your experience with Downtown? I am dealing with one salesguy Karthik. Seems to be a decent chap. I just hope the govt doesnt increase the tax on diesel cars by the time of my delivery. Good luck with the car and hope you have a trouble-free experience.
I really could not fault them except for the time taken when delivering. Bit apprehensive about servicing considering the the way cars are parked around there. I beleive they are opening a bigger centre on Hosur road soon

Last edited by ajmat : 31st May 2012 at 22:06.
Old 2nd June 2012, 20:41   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
3: Bit too clever - electronics interfere with want you want to do occassionally
First off, congrats and many safe miles with the car. Excellent colour choice if I had gotten to see this colour at the dealers I would be in a TB now.

And spot on with the review too. The thing I miss most is ESP override. I have all this power (comparatively) on tap but I just cant launch it. The problems worse with a DSG. But I guess its 'better safe than sorry' and of course I do have the ESP mod in mind.
Old 4th June 2012, 12:21   #33
BHPian

Quote:
..There were no extended warranties at the moment. Again, I do not have DSG so am not too anxious. I will keep the car for 5 years though...

I do not miss the Xenons too much, it has its limitations in the rain...

I do miss the sunroof. Only cari n the price range was the Superb..
Congrats on the excellent buy Ajmat.. Having driven it over 8K in last 8 months I totally agree on this being a fantastic buy. It would have been a lot more but have been a really crazy last few months so have not been able to do much more than a couple of Mumbai trips & a trip to Hyd.. I am looking forward to a trip mid-month to Goa. Just taking this beauty for a spin puts a smile to your face

Not sure what is up with VW dealers - I was among the initial lot of Jetta owners & have for an extended warranty.

Regarding the DSG - I believe the failure stories are more for the 7 speed "dry" box rather than the 6 speed "wet" box that is there in Jetta. Was that the only reason you did not go for an auto box?

You mentioned Xenon limitations in the rains - can you pls clarify. Also I was planning to swap the bulbs with "white light" halogens. Would that hamper / reduce the visibility?

I agree, the sun roof is the only piece that I miss - apart from having to fiddle a bit with the climate control.

Overall a fantastic package.. Happy Motoring...

BTW - Yes it comfortably holds 2 - 3 golf bags
Old 7th June 2012, 20:32   #34
Senior - BHPian

Well written review Ajmat. The car looks fab.17 Km/l is fantastic for the size.
Tell you what, the Black one besides VW looks gorgeous.
The VW people have raised the bar when it comes to showroom experience(BMW/Audi and likes apart).

The road to Bangalore via Shiradi is fantastic one(for now) and good one to exploit the capabilities of your car.
How is the road to Bekal via Madikeri? i believe the stretch between Sampaje and Puttur is not in good shape.
Old 7th June 2012, 20:40   #35
BHPian

This ownership thread slipped passed me! Just spotted it now. Congrats on the purchase, fellow JETta owner! As you mentioned, it's a really tough car. Mine escaped without a scrape once after being rear ended by a Beamer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayedongivadam

And spot on with the review too. The thing I miss most is ESP override. I have all this power (comparatively) on tap but I just cant launch it. The problems worse with a DSG. But I guess its 'better safe than sorry' and of course I do have the ESP mod in mind.
I guess you should really try out a manual one. Launching the Jet with the foot down scares the daylights out of me! But then I may be wrong coming from a measly iDSI engine in my City.
Old 8th June 2012, 08:43   #36
BHPian

Congrats Sir. I am thrilled to see an ownership review from a mod selecting a VW steed. Also when someone from the mods (like GTO's Sunny ownership review) and this one I think it says a lot for the brand and the car in general in terms of reliability , build and all other parameters. Also the color is unique and suits the car well. Hope you have many many happy miles in the TDI. I will be hooked to this thread for updates from your side as a user.
Old 8th June 2012, 17:05   #37
BHPian

Hi Ajmat,
I saw this car on Richmond road this Sunday, when I mentioned to wifey - how nice the color looks.. and of kors a TBhpian cant go wrong with choice of cars...
Old 8th June 2012, 17:44   #38
BHPian

Congrats buddy, me too sold on this beauty. But lower GC worrying, does it really bother too much on Indian roads ?
Old 8th June 2012, 17:52   #39
BHPian

Congrats on the Buy!

But I'm curious, I see that even petrol cars were on your list - any specific reason you didn't consider Kizashi ?
Old 8th June 2012, 18:51   #40
BHPian

Congratulations on an excellent buy !

Last year, I waited and waited for VW to launch the new Jetta and excitedly made my way over to the VW dealer in Chandigarh the day it was launched.

Unfortunately, they did not have a TD car and informed me that it would only be available after a week - a week later I was back there with my Father and Wife fully intending to book the top - end Automatic version.

My Father & me were a bit surprised to note the lack of Automatic Climate control and a sun-roof even in the top end version - my wife meanwhile had gone across to the 2011 Passat on display and said "I like this one more".

My Father looked and me and said 'Lets just get the Passat!!!!".

I told him the difference between the two is substantial and it's a bigger car in higher bracket - he said let's think it over.

A month later - We booked a white Passat in the Comfortline trim and the Car is absolutely spectacular !!
Old 9th June 2012, 12:06   #41
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidyabhushan View Post
Hi Ajmat,
I saw this car on Richmond road this Sunday, when I mentioned to wifey - how nice the color looks..
It is highly likely that was me!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam003 View Post
Congrats buddy, me too sold on this beauty. But lower GC worrying, does it really bother too much on Indian roads ?
I have not scraped it at all except on an unscientific spreedbreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vibhanshu View Post
But I'm curious, I see that even petrol cars were on your list - any specific reason you didn't consider Kizashi ?
It actually ticks all the boxes in whant I would want in a car but it costs as much as a superb and residual valuers will be appalling
Old 9th June 2012, 12:33   #42
BHPian

Congrats Ajmat for the Jetta, when I read the TD review here, although the car looked quite boring but it had a lot to offer. After reading your experience here, I guess it does.

However, there was something misfit in your post...

Quote:
I was looking for

1: Good handling
2: Punchy performance
3: Good quality

1: Skoda Yeti

...First test drive went ok, performance was good but dull after the vRS (unrealistic expectation)...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
...Thank god you didn't get the Yeti. Upgrading from a vRS the Yeti felt a step down with poor interior quality and drive also wasn't the best...
NOM to both the mods here, but both of your comparison parameters are impractical, you are judging a SUV with an expectation of vRS, probably you shud've either looked in the LC/Cayene or atleast Q5/Q7/X6 etc territories rather than something relatively too basic like a Yeti.

Last edited by AltoHoncho : 9th June 2012 at 12:35.
Old 9th June 2012, 12:42   #43
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltoHoncho View Post

NOM to both the mods here, but both of your comparison parameters are impractical, you are judging a SUV with an expectation of vRS, probably you shud've either looked in the LC/Cayene or atleast Q5/Q7/X6 etc territories rather than something relatively too basic like a Yeti.
I dont think it was a comparison but more of the reality of the contrast! As for interior quality - a like for like comparison is perfectly in order
Old 9th June 2012, 12:47   #44
BHPian

Quote:
..As for interior quality - a like for like comparison is perfectly in order
Absolutely. no second thought on that one.. Jetta would be more premium IMO. Anyways,

Congrats and wish you a healthy ownership for long.
Old 9th June 2012, 12:51   #45
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltoHoncho View Post
Yeti has the same engine as the Jetta and uses a lot of similar parts. It is not a true SUV at all but a substitute to a sedan.

The same reason why a buyer looking at Altis, Civic, Laura looks at an XUV500 we need to compare with the Yeti.

They are in the same price point and offer similar level of kit with similar underpinings. A comparison is very much valid.

The problem is that many times people end up comparing a Scorpio/Innova to the Yeti but both of them are like chalk and cheese.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks