Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th May 2012, 15:17   #16
BHPian

re: Bringing home my blue wind : VW Vento TDI EDIT: Now sold!

Congratulations!
It is indeed One good car. Been 1 + year (32000 kms), I'm loving every bit it.
Are you finding the headlamp's strength adequate? (Most of us has upgraded them. Me being the first )

Hope you've gone through this thread:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...es-quirks.html
mikon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2012, 15:30   #17
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations NewtonMeter

The first pic is just smashing. Its raining Blue Ventos on TBHP. It looks so beautiful in this color.

Did you get any Corporate Discount? I think for Vento it is anywhere between 14k and 31k. The registration charges you've paid just tease us Bangaloreans! We'd have to pay more than that even for the Alto!!!

Enjoy and Drive safe.
Old 11th May 2012, 15:41   #18
BHPian

Congrats blue wind.

The car looks lovely in this color. I should buy a small property in CH just to keep the registration costs down. Lol.

Are you following the run-in instructions for the engine of a new car?
Old 11th May 2012, 17:59   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
Congratulations and superb color selection.

That has to be the best color on vento. bhpian nileshch has one. You should take tips from him to keep that color gleaming at all times.

Here is his thread, and he too is in Bangalore

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ms-update.html

SX4's ride quality is on the stiffer side, so speed breakers are not a problem, same cannot be said of vento I guess.

Owners: nileshch,noopster,mikon,naveen.raju (there are many more)might have more feedback about this issue.

Is it loud even after you sit in the cabin or is it only when we stand outside ?

Could you elaborate more on this ?

Obsolete engine in which sense ? Its a stonker from what i read from mobike's ownership review

EDIT: Registration charges are only 30K you are lucky man.

Drive Safe !!

I spoke to a Mahindra dealer for XUV w8 2WD. He said, because XUV is monocoque and in 2WD there is no differential behind, the rear suspension setup is quite weak. He has already seen 2-3 cases in which the rear suspension had give way and the vehicle just sat! He suggested a 4WD as the rear setup is different dude to differential presence which inherently makes it more stronger (differential and ladder frame)

I was talking about the new Z series Cruze engine slated soon with 163 Ps / 370 Nm

Quote:
Originally Posted by SankalpDesai View Post
Congratulations newtonMeter. You'll find loads of differences in driving around this German beauty, as you come from a Japanese and Korean background.

You're based in Bangalore and the car is bought from Haryana. Would you be going for a opex by paying the traffic cops instead of a capex of getting it registered in Bangalore? Or you're gonna use it in NCR?

Vento looks awesome in this shade.
CH registered and use in BLR, its in my Dad's name who is in the army and thus can go around some rules, (as army personnels are frequently posted, there is an un said understanding) if not,then oPex way. I might move to del soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramneek009 View Post
Congrats on such a fabulous buy. Yours is a 2012 vento highline right?

Does it have the leatherette seats? Please post some pics if possible
yes, i will post the pics soon. As these are not leather, they tend to get hot when compared to fabric seats. (oh i miss my leather seats in SX4 done by Karlsonns BLR)

Quote:
Originally Posted by samarjitdhar View Post
Many congratulations on owning the stunning blue color. If you have still not experienced it, once you are on the highway, it will take a lot of mental willpower to get off it . Enjoy your ride and wishing you many a happy mile. Have you planned any accessories yet?
No accessories, but have ordered a MDI cable for iPod. Seems it will work with RCD 310 (works in jetta which has the same cable) lets see its a chance

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikon View Post
Congratulations!
It is indeed One good car. Been 1 + year (32000 kms), I'm loving every bit it.
Are you finding the headlamp's strength adequate? (Most of us has upgraded them. Me being the first )

Hope you've gone through this thread:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...es-quirks.html
Yes, definitely, Headlight upgrade is a must
me going with
1. xtreme visions of the same rating for H4s ( i don't want ceramic holders change and cut outs to be installed which are needed for 100/90)
2. Diamond vision for HB4 foggys
3. Absolutely love the default park lights! so no LED t10s there
4. Might change rear number plate bulbs later

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
Congratulations NewtonMeter

The first pic is just smashing. Its raining Blue Ventos on TBHP. It looks so beautiful in this color.

Did you get any Corporate Discount? I think for Vento it is anywhere between 14k and 31k. The registration charges you've paid just tease us Bangaloreans! We'd have to pay more than that even for the Alto!!!

Enjoy and Drive safe.
Yes 24k (nokia) who gets 31k? (VW employees? ) as Nokia it self is platinum category

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5_fan View Post
Congrats blue wind.

The car looks lovely in this color. I should buy a small property in CH just to keep the registration costs down. Lol.

Are you following the run-in instructions for the engine of a new car?
Sure have followed till 1000 mark once touched 130KMp
Old 27th May 2012, 21:44   #20
Team-BHP Support

Note From Team-BHP Support-Team: Thread moved from Assembly Line (The "Assembly Line" Forum section) to Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports section of the forum. Thank you for your valuable contribution and a hearty congratulations on your latest acquisition.

I must say, that's a brilliant choice of colour! Even though I'm not a fan of hatchbacks that have been given the 'boot' treatment, VW/Skoda have done well with both the Vento and Rapid in ensuring that they look more sedan-ish than any other sedan derived from a hatch.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 27th May 2012 at 21:51. Reason: added hyperlink
Old 28th May 2012, 10:43   #21
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Nice review and amazing choice of colour. Thanks for sharing, NewtonMeter!

The Vento TDI is definitely the all-rounder from the C2 segment, along with the Skoda Rapid. The engine is an absolute jewel, frugal when you want it to be, and fast as well on the open road. I only wish VW had given this car a hydraulic steering unit.

Congrats & do drive safe.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2012, 10:56   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtonMeter View Post
4. Might change rear number plate bulbs later
I did change them too. Installed the LED white lights there. Looks real good.
Old 28th May 2012, 16:14   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Nice review and amazing choice of colour. Thanks for sharing, NewtonMeter!

The Vento TDI is definitely the all-rounder from the C2 segment, along with the Skoda Rapid. The engine is an absolute jewel, frugal when you want it to be, and fast as well on the open road. I only wish VW had given this car a hydraulic steering unit.

Congrats & do drive safe.
Thanks GTO. Could you elaborate on how an HPS scores over EPS in case of Vento?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikon View Post
I did change them too. Installed the LED white lights there. Looks real good.
Would be great if you can share some pics? I loaded my lights with the blue vision (t10 W5W)
Old 28th May 2012, 20:21   #24
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on your new car and wishing you a very pleasant ownership experience. Most of your observations is spot on including the suspension noise which is a very common reported issue with the car. In due course you will learn to live with it.

BTW the below statement is totally false. Chassis type of XUV500 is monocoque and not ladder on frame type irrespective of 2WD or AWD. I havent come across any such reports with the rear struts so far. Anyways, doesnt matter too much now as you have already bought the car, but just thought of clarifying this.

Quote:
"i have no problem helping you get the XUV 500, but i strongly suggest to avoid the 2WD due to its current chassis, it has a inherent problem of giving away at the rear struts, if needed, book the AWD which has ladder frame"
Tell me about it! When I bought my pre-refresh vento in 2010, I paid 10.5 lakhs OTR in chennai, after the corporate discount. Post refresh the current OTR price has jumped upto close to 12 odd lakhs for TDI HL which is just plain crazy. The OP has paid less than what I paid to get an pre-refresh vento an year back, what an irony!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniket.tiwari27 View Post
:( This is probabaly because of higher registration charges.

Ideally, what am I sad for, it is poor Bangalore guys who actually face the brunt of RTO charges.

Last edited by bala80 : 28th May 2012 at 20:23.
bala80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2012, 17:38   #25
BHPian

did some slight modification. Lets see if you guys can pick up the difference

Bringing home my blue wind : VW Vento TDI EDIT: Now sold!-photo-11.jpg
Old 2nd June 2012, 18:24   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
did some slight modification. Lets see if you guys can pick up the difference
If I'm not wrong, you have added chrome strip over the air dam. Looks neat. My guess, you have purchased it from United Customz. Planning to change the bulbs and any more mods planned in future?
Old 2nd June 2012, 18:38   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
If I'm not wrong, you have added chrome strip over the air dam. Looks neat. My guess, you have purchased it from United Customz. Planning to change the bulbs and any more mods planned in future?
El lobo! You don't miss a thing! Absolutely correct. Yes i bought from UC

Upgraded by headlights to extreme vision to keep it to stock wattage
Will upgrade fogs soon. Which is the brightest ( white light not essential) option for HB4?

Also you have any idea where I can source SWIRLx?
Old 2nd June 2012, 19:38   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Will upgrade fogs soon. Which is the brightest ( white light not essential) option for HB4?
Since you have upgraded to X-trmeVision, going for white light in fogs would result in mismatch which wouldn't look good either.

The stock fogs are 51W and if you find them inadequate then upgraded them, else wouldn't make sense as newer ones would be 55W.

I would suggest you to go with Philips Premium 55W HB4 9006 which gives 30% more light over stock.

You can go through Philips complete range over here.

Quote:
Also you have any idea where I can source SWIRLx?
I had purchased SwirlX from Sanjay at bringingbest.com. Shoot a mail to him at sanjay@bringingbest.com, asking for it and he would let you know.

You could even get it from 3M Car Care store as they stock Meguiars products and in Banglore there are more than one. Do try at them initially and if not possible ask Sanjay for it.
Old 2nd June 2012, 21:28   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
Since you have upgraded to X-trmeVision, going for white light in fogs would result in mismatch which wouldn't look good either.

The stock fogs are 51W and if you find them inadequate then upgraded them, else wouldn't make sense as newer ones would be 55W.

I would suggest you to go with Philips Premium 55W HB4 9006 which gives 30% more light over stock.

You can go through Philips complete range over here.

I had purchased SwirlX from Sanjay at bringingbest.com. Shoot a mail to him at sanjay@bringingbest.com, asking for it and he would let you know.

You could even get it from 3M Car Care store as they stock Meguiars products and in Banglore there are more than one. Do try at them initially and if not possible ask Sanjay for it.

what about this option for HB4?

Philips Lighting India - EssentialPower - Philips

70w though! will it need cutouts/relay
Old 3rd June 2012, 00:06   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
what about this option for HB4?

Philips Lighting India - EssentialPower - Philips

70w though! will it need cutouts/relay
I would advise not to go with this. Simply 70W would be overkill. Stock are 51W and the ones I have suggested are 55W. So gain of 4W + 30% Extra Light(According to Philips).

Cut-outs & relay in fogs is not advisable and there is space constraint too. So keep it Philips Premium 55W HB4 9006. I had changed the bulbs on my own. Have a go through. Link.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks