Team-BHP - Bringing home my blue wind : VW Vento TDI EDIT: Now sold!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   Bringing home my blue wind : VW Vento TDI EDIT: Now sold! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/120373-bringing-home-my-blue-wind-vw-vento-tdi-edit-now-sold-5.html)

thats wonderful newtonMeter. For that kind of price even I am tempted. Did you get it from someone who was updating his unit? From VW themselves this device costs a bomb if I remember correctly.

Quote:

Originally Posted by prabhu (Post 3067318)

Cool !! That's a steal away price. How did you procure it ? Did you get it through a friend from US or via online, Please let me know.

Enjoy.

Got it from eBay. Portugal made by Bosch. The same name was my original rcd 310. Avoid Chinese

Quote:

Originally Posted by siddharthdeb (Post 3067312)

That is brilliant, I always wanted to do that but was, well sceptical but now that you have done it and everything works its awesome. So share the pricing for it and where did you source it and more importantly who installed it, the VW dealer or aftermarket chaps.

Sid

Sourced it from eBay, got a good deal of usd210 for a made in Portugal system. Made by Bosch. With safe code
Avoid Chinese make:) which are cheaper. These radio are cheaper now as new generation are coming ( already seen in the latest vento and upcoming Octavia)

Well installed on my own:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by newtonMeter (Post 3067340)

Sourced it from eBay, got a good deal of usd210 for a made in Portugal system. Made by Bosch. With safe code
Avoid Chinese make:) which are cheaper. These radio are cheaper now as new generation are coming ( already seen in the latest vento and upcoming Octavia)

Well installed on my own:)

Hmmm if its plug and play, I can do it in my own. Now the only thing left is the eBay link. I say this on behalf of others too share the link ASAP 😀

Sid

Quote:

Originally Posted by joslicx (Post 3067335)
thats wonderful newtonMeter. For that kind of price even I am tempted. Did you get it from someone who was updating his unit? From VW themselves this device costs a bomb if I remember correctly.

Got it from eBay resellers, the unit is removed from a euro CC at the dealership

Quote:

Originally Posted by siddharthdeb (Post 3067346)

Hmmm if its plug and play, I can do it in my own. Now the only thing left is the eBay link. I say this on behalf of others too share the link ASAP dde00

Sid

Will do the moment I reach home:) meanwhile u can search in eBay.com not .in and see for worldwide shipping option. And look for non Chinese. I'll let you guys some current deals once I get back.

One disclaimer: you should avoid upgrade if you don't have current 310. For 2 reasons

Pre 310 the HU which came with vento were Chinese low radio single din 2nd generation

The 310s were pure dual din made in Portugal generation 3 with diversity antenna

This rcd 510 is gen 3 so the pins are same. Though you can upgrade from older (pre 310) to 510 but would require a easy resorting your pins on connectors. It's a simple job :)

The last issue, for 2010 ventos the canbus version would be too old and could cause battery draining with rcd 510

Note from the Team-BHP Support: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the same thread.

Quote:

Originally Posted by newtonMeter (Post 3067358)

Will do the moment I reach home:) meanwhile u can search in eBay.com not .in and see for worldwide shipping option. And look for non Chinese. I'll let you guys some current deals once I get back.

One disclaimer: you should avoid upgrade if you don't have current 310. For 2 reasons

Pre 310 the HU which came with vento were Chinese low radio single din 2nd generation

The 310s were pure dual din made in Portugal generation 3 with diversity antenna

This rcd 510 is gen 3 so the pins are same. Though you can upgrade from older (pre 310) to 510 but would require a easy resorting your pins on connectors. It's a simple job :)

The last issue, for 2010 ventos the canbus version would be too old and could cause battery draining with rcd 510

Well I have the same gen car as yours so no problem on that, here is what I found on eBay

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trks...at=0&_from=R40

Sid

Quote:

Originally Posted by newtonMeter (Post 3067358)

Is there any issue if I upgrade to RCD 510 in Aug, 2012 manufacture Vento ?

Absolutely none! As long as u have 310. No issues

Quote:

Originally Posted by siddharthdeb (Post 3067370)

Well I have the same gen car as yours so no problem on that, here is what I found on eBay

Sid

VW CD Radio+RDS RCD510 Portugal, Passat Golf 5,6 Jetta, w/CODE Bosch 5K0035190B
Looks awesome for 198.

Do u need the rear view camera integration too? For that you will have to buy 5K0035190A

Quote:

Originally Posted by newtonMeter (Post 3067349)
Got it from eBay resellers, the unit is removed from a euro CC at the dealership

@newtonMeter, Great find and for the price looks very interesting!!

Does this come with the bluetooth module or you have to purchase it separately?

Quote:

Originally Posted by nileshch (Post 3068015)

@newtonMeter, Great find and for the price looks very interesting!!

Does this come with the bluetooth module or you have to purchase it separately?

No this does not come with 9w7 kit. U need to buy it separately

little chromification!

any one seen the Vento style yet? chrome on runner board looks good?

Bringing home my blue wind : VW Vento TDI EDIT: Now sold!-img_1836.jpg

Nice work on the RC510 NewtonMeter ! As for the chromes , not too tasteful . The lines end too abruptly !! You can try for the side and rear chrome as on the New "Style" Edition of the Vento .
P.S.
Also the dealer here(Hubli) said that The Style is only available in ComfortLine Variant . Can anybody confirm that ? If yes , what were they thinking ??? :O

Quote:

Originally Posted by siddharthdeb (Post 3067370)

Sid

Hey Sid, Nilesh

Did any of you get this system. I am planning to go for vento highline AT which now comes with rcd 320. Would indian vw upgrade to this system from dealers themselves or is it too much to ask.

Some latest pics

Bringing home my blue wind : VW Vento TDI EDIT: Now sold!-image2804892424.jpg

Bringing home my blue wind : VW Vento TDI EDIT: Now sold!-image2085839275.jpg

Bringing home my blue wind : VW Vento TDI EDIT: Now sold!-image3841834751.jpg

Bringing home my blue wind : VW Vento TDI EDIT: Now sold!-image4048348018.jpg

Weekend detailing session.

tasks -

1.Dusting
2.Two bucket wash
3. Claying
4. Masking

Bringing home my blue wind : VW Vento TDI EDIT: Now sold!-photo-12.jpg