Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th May 2012, 09:33   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: My Mitsubishi Pajero Sport!

Nice writeup and congratulations on your Sport The first one on the forum I guess. Do post interior pics and as others mentioned, a comparison of the Pajero and Fortuner.
Old 14th May 2012, 11:26   #17
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Very nice!
Well done and all the best.
The vehicle looks Good and tough. The ground clearance seems really phenomenal!
Old 15th May 2012, 17:59   #18
BHPian

Hi, Nice rewiew, as requested by all please post more pictures, Iam also inclined to buy the Pajero, after reading your wiiteup I will take the plunge soon.
Old 17th May 2012, 17:37   #19
BHPian

Looks really great. just wish the after sales service is up to standard. I am yet to see a PS on Hyderabad roads.

Also do keep updating with pictures of whatever mods you are planning on the exterior and the audio system.
Cheers!

Last edited by mobike008 : 18th May 2012 at 16:13. Reason: Please read rule 5b
Old 18th May 2012, 18:46   #20
BHPian

Dear Deibis,

Is it possible to fit a 2din with navigation in the Pajero sport. Can the display unit compass etc be shifted to the original sereo slot and double din fitted on top ?
Old 18th May 2012, 20:16   #21
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by daebis View Post
i will give me a few days. try and get more pictures...
Daebis, where are you Sir? The entire forum is waiting for your updates, pics and more, desparately.
Old 18th May 2012, 23:20   #22
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your new acquisition, daebis. Please be active on the forum; will be looking out for a complete ownership experience. Please take your Pajero Sport to your farm and click some pics for us.
Old 19th May 2012, 00:36   #23
BHPian

Thank you all for the wonderful response.

2 problems i am having currently,

1. Have been out for work and social resons will be back home on wednesday.

2. My temp no has expired, trying to get a Chandigarh number of a particular series. So did not take my car with me.

Just got my "highlander" carrier, has made the car look lets different.

Will put up all the pics very soon.
Old 19th May 2012, 09:23   #24
BHPian

A great buy. Certainly looks better (or call it majestic) than Fortuner. Practically speaking, it almost provides you with nearly everything which Montero does at 1/2 the price. Build quality must be awesome in it's class since it's a CBU.
Old 19th May 2012, 22:08   #25
BHPian

Waiting for Wednesday and lots of photos. Do let me know the answer to my previous query. Will be booking one Red colour next month.
Old 20th May 2012, 08:58   #26

That's a wonderful review and wish u many miles of happy motoring (and off roading) with your PS.

Just one query and you seem to be the in the perfect position to answer - Since you own both the Montero and the PS can u elaborate on the actual places where the Montero scores over the PS.. Sure its almost twice the price but is it all for the 'Presence' and 'class' ?

Thanks in advance cause I'm looking out for an SUV and have shortlisted only these two - cause I need to do some actual offroading
Old 23rd May 2012, 17:03   #27
BHPian

Hi
its me again, thank you all for your best wishes. Feels good to get a little importance once ina while (kidding).

Been out of town and still waiting for a particular number i want as i am getting it registered in chandigarh instead of my home town, simply cause i save 5% in registeration charges, and the new series starts next week.

Before i take on your questions a few more points about the car although i have not driven it enough.

1. Music system, the bass is surprisingly good. Will upgrade in a fe month though.
2. Air conditioning is fantastic even for those sitting in the last seats.(picture attached of the vents)
3. it turns heads.
4. mileage is very inconsistent, its given me 11.5 as well as 8.5, funny thing on the same road, could be the diesel, i dont know, let the engine open up a bit. a few more delhi trips.
5. Given a socket (cigrette lighter socket) even at the back great to put a refrigerator or a chrager (picture attached).
6. Nifty storage compartments all over the car (pictures attached)
7. Covers of some of the storage made of thin MDF crazy (a little water a it will rot, not so cleaver).
8. Carpeting near the doors very poor, a little pull on the matt carpet actually comes out from under the metal plates. (picture attached)
9.Luggage space not so much as comparred to some other SUVs out there. Realised it on this trip i just took. Meaning the other fit a bit more.

Below are some of the exterior pictures, as you can see i quite like the carrier , but have seen a pajero sport (beside one owned in thailand which was pink in color), red in patches, so may paint the carrier a diff color later.

also anyone know of a good place to get a customised front nudge guard. Just a nice thick pipe chrome or black along the entire bumper not just near the number plate like we see so many cars on the road with.

My Mitsubishi Pajero Sport!-img2012052200015.jpg

My Mitsubishi Pajero Sport!-dsc_0102.jpg

My Mitsubishi Pajero Sport!-dsc_0106.jpg

My Mitsubishi Pajero Sport!-dsc_0127.jpg

My Mitsubishi Pajero Sport!-dsc_0121.jpg

My Mitsubishi Pajero Sport!-dsc_0122.jpg

My Mitsubishi Pajero Sport!-dsc_0131.jpg

My Mitsubishi Pajero Sport!-dsc_0133.jpg

My Mitsubishi Pajero Sport!-dsc_0137.jpg

My Mitsubishi Pajero Sport!-img2012041902808.jpg
daebis is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2012, 17:11   #28
Senior - BHPian

Very nice pics! Especially the last one. Very interesting garage, that.

How do you compare it with its cousin, the Montero and the old Gen Pajero ?
Old 23rd May 2012, 18:27   #29
BHPian

@kevinephraim , @MAS , @mayankjha1806 and others it will take me mid june to give you a great comparrison with the Fortuner as a friend will be coming in and we will be driving up to Dharamsala. Maybe we even have a Santafe in our midst....

As for other questions-
Montero hmmm, wont be fair as it is highly refined as compared. Also mine is the older model. I think the best description would be that the montero is like a transformer, meaning that it is an out and out off roader and behaves like a car. Its smooth to drive, has a better pickup, automatic gears, Four wheel drive, more storage space, top speed i have touched approx 187 i doubt the ps will touch that, no body roll, more color choices for the time being, way better interiors, rockford fosgate system with a woofer, 6 cd changer, no USB, cruise control, BUT us a guzzler as comparred to the PS, the best i have got out of it is 8 and worst 6 kmpl. Did i say it drives like a Soccer mom suv /car But here is the thing take it to the fields, off road, it is as good as you will get. Will give you an example, last year at time of sowing rice, our fields were uneven and one could tell there is a dip at a point, the tractor driver refused to agree and tractor was getting stuck. My father without blinking takes the car into the slush reaches the spot and points at his tyre which was almost buried and came right out. In the bargain he did hit a few areas in the car which the Mitsubishi engineers are still wondering how any one could have managed that.
The PS gives a better fuel average, is higher and more open view of the road as the Montero i found the A-pillar do come in the way in the hill. Very basic interiors but i find it way better looking and if you can you can really play around with upgrades and accessories which not many would on a montero. ground clearance is better on the PS.I prefer the spare wheel placement of the Montero as we are not short of space so parking is not a problem.

It has only a single DIN, i doubt you could put a double DIN where the Single is placed, even if you could there is no chance you could keep bending to see GPS or other tocuh screen options. but i guess you could get rid of the Mitsubishi's info screen and get a double DIN there.

@ rahul - red looks amazing , wee bit too loud for me.
The back seats are great they slide and recline, and by far the last row are as comfy as last can get. I sat in it, i may not want to go for a long drive sitting there.
As for the Old Pajero, it was a petrol model, dad is a hobbiest, so he has put in a diesel, runs okay , but cutting the back and making it a pickup for only farm use. Not much of a comparrison, had it's period of glory.
Thats all for now.

Now Am dying to do an actual comparrison on the fortuner and PS, will be tough to be fair though
Attached Thumbnails
My Mitsubishi Pajero Sport!-seat-folding-choices1.jpg  

My Mitsubishi Pajero Sport!-seat-folding-choices3.jpg  

My Mitsubishi Pajero Sport!-slides-forward-back-well-reclines.jpg  

My Mitsubishi Pajero Sport!-boot.jpg  

My Mitsubishi Pajero Sport!-door-storage-speaker-placement.jpg  

My Mitsubishi Pajero Sport!-front-door-speaker-u-can-even-put-7-.jpg  

My Mitsubishi Pajero Sport!-enough-space-mid-range-driver-tweeter.jpg  

My Mitsubishi Pajero Sport!-diff-storage-spaces.jpg  

My Mitsubishi Pajero Sport!-u-see-jack-i-see-place-10-subwoofer.jpg  

My Mitsubishi Pajero Sport!-ac-vents.jpg  

My Mitsubishi Pajero Sport!-img_8621.jpg  

My Mitsubishi Pajero Sport!-charging-socket.jpg  

My Mitsubishi Pajero Sport!-very-basic-steering-remote.jpg  

My Mitsubishi Pajero Sport!-glass-change-holder.jpg  

My Mitsubishi Pajero Sport!-little-compartment.jpg  

My Mitsubishi Pajero Sport!-apillar-too-thin-midrange-install.jpg  

My Mitsubishi Pajero Sport!-usb-single-din-unit.jpg  

My Mitsubishi Pajero Sport!-carpet-comes-out.jpg  

My Mitsubishi Pajero Sport!-some-more-storage.jpg  

daebis is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2012, 19:32   #30
Team-BHP Support

Thanks for the update, and the set of awesome pictures. Pretty impressive indeed
Quote:
Originally Posted by daebis View Post
7. Covers of some of the storage made of thin MDF crazy (a little water a it will rot, not so cleaver).
MDF for storage bin covers! That’s quite surprising indeed. Very easy to go off with slight touch of water. Never knew MDF inserts are used in cars.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks