Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2013, 17:55   #46
BHPian

Re: My Mitsubishi Pajero Sport!

Here is a pic of the twins...The cedia was bought in 2006 and has made me a fan of mitsubishi.
Attached Thumbnails
My Mitsubishi Pajero Sport!-photo-2.jpg  

motorotor is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 8th March 2013, 18:33   #47
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorotor View Post
Will post pics and update soon...
Congrats on purchasing one of my dream SUVs.

I d suggest you start your own ownership thread. Daebis hardly updates this thread and we really need a full time thread of the Pajero Sport on TBHP.
n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2013, 13:22   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Hi All

I took delivery of my ps on the 9th of Feb. So far done about a 1000kms of mostly city driving. Totally peaceful so far. First service was done a couple of days back and I think she has become smother still...Swapped out the music system for the mitsubishi oe unit that comes in the high end model in the phillipines which comes with touch screen, navigation, dvd, bluetooth etc...yet to play around much with it but sounds great and looks good!

Will post pics and update soon...
Please start a new ownership tread.
I am sure everybody here would love to see the music system upgrade and i want details too please.

Last edited by 599gto : 26th March 2013 at 13:23. Reason: typo
Old 13th April 2013, 18:53   #49
BHPian

hi,
my apologises for not being frequent on my updates, all i can say is no news is good news.

Have done 26000 kms, most of it highways.
Two services done, (been recommended synthetic oil) was expensive and I found normal oil smooth enough. maybe next oil change.
The car is giving me current milage of 9.7* and the show tyres no sign of wear and tear.
Love the smoothness of the four wheel drive on the go and I find the engine smoother than it was since my initial review.

Actually reason for not updating was i had thought i'd have done all my upgrades by now, but didnt realise i wouldnt get free from work till now. Have gathered all the equipment I need, music system, speakers, woofers, amps, new bulbs for head lights, and the smaller bulbs fog lights, *lightforce fogs, etc...

BTW has anyone installed amps mounted to the roof at the back of an SUVI need all the space I need!

Over a year now and yup still in love, and it hasnt ceased to impress me or bore me. Now -a- days with the choices and the fast life one does get bored after a while, I atleast do whether its cameras , tvs, computers, even cars, this vehicle has me completly *twirrled around. It has performed way better than i expected on highways, braking is really good i read someplace they are not happy with the brakes, i have had no such troubles. Yes the steering was Harder than many soccer mum suvs but I love it , I have always liked steerings to respond *how much I want them to and heavier steerings do give me a sense of control at high speeds and we are in a big heavy car, to each his own I guess.

On bad roads, "katcha rastas" its smooth takes most of the shock, I remember flinching in my captiva or skoda when I saw pot holes last minute or a speed breaker, let me just say this car spoils you and makes you take pangas.

It performed as expected at my farms or off roads as it should have all the hype is true.

I do plan to change to nitro abs shockers but not for style but for a change only once these are worn out...

I will write in detail with pictures of what changes I would have made by May sometime.
daebis is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th May 2013, 00:38   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by daebis View Post
hi,
my apologises for not being frequent on my updates, all i can say is no news is good news.....

I will write in detail with pictures of what changes I would have made by May sometime.
hey daebis, its already may, please update the thread, I am particularly keen on the music system upgrade as I am keen on buying the SUV and music is as important to me as 4x4!
Old 16th May 2013, 11:51   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 599gto View Post
hey daebis, its already may, please update the thread, I am particularly keen on the music system upgrade as I am keen on buying the SUV and music is as important to me as 4x4!
you telling me....
had mentioned i live in a small town. For me to get anything done requires me to go to delhi. When i finally got time which was last month, gunbir and the team were out of delhi, so ended up bringing all my stuff back.

Am yet to take out time and fix an appointment.

I had to get my tints removed as i had been stopped twice already in chandigarh and once in delhi, so was too much of a hassle keeping them, although they were really light.

Wont be getting the install till next month. Have ofcourse designed the placement etc... No point posting anything till its not done.

Will post as soon as its done.

thx
daebis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2013, 16:49   #52
BHPian

Hello everyone .
This is my first post after becoming a part of team bhp . I had gone to the chandigarh dealership today and I ve always bought my vehicles from this dealership for the sole reason that I ve had a good experience always and always driven out with a smile on my face . There is a pajero sport automatic on the cards on which the decision shall be taken in a week or so . Before that there is a new touchscreen that will be available from the dealership itself. I prefer the pajero sport over any SUV in the bracket and if the auto box does come it ll be the only true SUV that has an automatic transmission and is 4 wheel drive too ! I ve driven my fortuner and a pajero sport back to back and personally i prefer the overall response of a pajero sport. God willingly I ll buy the automatic Sport when it comes .
Will keep everyone posted .
Regards
Imran
Old 30th October 2013, 10:51   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by daebis View Post
you telling me....
had mentioned i live in a small town. For me to get anything done requires me to go to delhi.

Wont be getting the install till next month. Have ofcourse designed the placement etc... No point posting anything till its not done.

Will post as soon as its done.

thx

Hi Daebis,

Any updates on the install? Would this be replacing the MID? (I hope not!); would you have any info on the OEM screen available elsewhere. It's bigger, but does it provide the same info as the MID or does one require e MID as well for that?

Thanks!

imp
Old 31st October 2013, 13:49   #54
BHPian

Hi daebis, glued to your thread, do post the pics after the modifications. Its been raining fortuners on our forum , but Pajero Sport is still a rare commodity, perhaps HM should do better marketing of the vehicle.

Last edited by manson : 31st October 2013 at 14:45.
Old 26th November 2013, 01:12   #55
BHPian

big hello to all.
let me start by saying the more i drive my car the more i am impressed...

I got to compare the quality of the PS manufactured in India and mine (which was the direct import from Thailand).
Everything being the same, there is a clear cut difference in the refinement department. Simple things in the Thai model like door closing, the smoothness and softness as compared to the Indian one is clearly visible.

Story - : Filled it with 17 sacks of potato seed (52 Kgs each) (that i grow for pepsi Lays) that was required as an emergency a 135 Kms journey to my farm near ludhiana through hilly areas. (pic attached). No problem going up steep slopes on 2nd gear easily. Am so impressed with the power delivery. Although the pickup did get lethargic. I did purposely drive on the 4 wheel (high) to be on the safe side. On turns and slopes it was as smooth as an empty vehicle. Went over a huge dug up area by PWD which appeared out of nowhere, it braked extremely well but the back (tyre i am guessing) did hit the edge, forget the car I felt in my Gut.

Also this whole debate about Roll on turns is a little misleading for those who haven't driven SUVs. Compared to cars most SUVs will have roll. Roll completely depends on the speed that you take turns at. Even a car you may feel the roll (sway) if you take sharp turns at high speeds. There is so much of it in the safaris, Tata vehicles, Mahindra but even those if you take turns at Speeds that you are "supposed" to even those you will hardly feel any roll.
As for the PS, i havent had a problem at high speed that would make feel apprehensive with the next turn. So the word Roll is directly proportionate to the speed you take the turns at.

My Father would sell the Montero (whose back seats are like sitting on a slippery seats on a roller coaster), if the PS had an Automatic today!
My bumper guard which is chrome originally got in from Thailand (I may be coloring it black) had a bash up. It did such a great job, broke at the right place, took the impact with very little damage to the bumper which my driver himself settled. I recommend this bumper. And it does make it look butch!

Any how:-
Was at the service center for my final service. Service was at 39000 Kms, 15000/- (my own oil)
new brake pads, synthetic oil, tyre rotation, changed the grill, all the lamps.
I got a new front Grill. Looks nice but the gaps are a little big so am worried about insects reaching the radiator and clogging it (pic attach). A local mechanic has offered to put a simple (home windows) aluminium "jalli" (net) behind it but i got a new grill matching the grill at the base in Honeycomb style (Pic attach)

Got new lamps 6 in total for the Head lights (low and high beam) and fogs.
Sylvania 9005 SU SilverStar Ultra Halogen Headlight Bulb (High Beam)
Sylvania H11 ST SilverStar High Performance Halogen Headlight Bulb,
Sylvania H11 SU SilverStar Ultra Halogen Headlight Bulb
incase you want to change your lamps the Bulb Nos are-
9005 for head lights full beams,
H11 for both low and fogs (in the bumper).
Should have got the Ultras for all but i wanted to experiment and got the High performace which was not as bright.

It made a huge difference, without having to change any wiring (relays), just plug and play.

Bought my own Synthetics oil from Indian Oil. I know the owners of a Petrol Pump who gave it cost to cost. Almost 1/3rd the cost of dealership price.
Okay People i say this loud and clear, it has completely changed my vehicle. I could immediately tell the difference in the smoothness and engine noise. I cannot tell the difference in the pickup though, but psychologically it does feel its quicker.

I can officially state that the average this car gives is between 9 and 9.75, never 10 whether its highway or city its the same.. (obviously subjective to the way i drive).

Found a shop in Thailand who ship to india, they even have a website for most SUV, worked out cheaper than anything and i enjoy the exclusivity. Had a new spoiler, bonnet mirror, new side-view mirror in white, white rain guards for windows, new bonnet grill. Had a little problem with the customs made me wait for half a day, but i guess that's how it is.

Taking my time to install my audio and other accessories which i want to get done by Jan. Have started my install, the mids and tweets in A-pillars. Gunbir and team were busy they gave me an address in ludhiana who would do the same, great great guy, and takes his time and enjoys his work so am in good hands the fibre glassing is done. Cant wait to meet him. More about the car install later.
For those who are not interested in changing the audio gear, the original install (at least in mine) is pretty decent, unless you blast them.. The speakers do go low which is good.

Will try and update sooner with my new light-force fog lamps and other stuff.
Thanks for reading.
Attached Thumbnails
My Mitsubishi Pajero Sport!-dsc06990.jpg  

My Mitsubishi Pajero Sport!-dsc06967.jpg  

My Mitsubishi Pajero Sport!-dsc07023.jpg  

My Mitsubishi Pajero Sport!-dsc07011.jpg  

My Mitsubishi Pajero Sport!-dsc07067.jpg  

My Mitsubishi Pajero Sport!-front-honey-comb-grill-chrome-black.-2.jpg  

My Mitsubishi Pajero Sport!-dsc07066.jpg  

My Mitsubishi Pajero Sport!-img2013092900439.jpg  

My Mitsubishi Pajero Sport!-img2013092900445.jpg  

My Mitsubishi Pajero Sport!-img2013092900448.jpg  

daebis is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 28th November 2013, 10:46   #56
BHPian

Quick question to all the Pajero Sport owners out there...I just completed 10K on my sport and while there have been absolutely no issues with the car in general the windshield glass developed cracks twice and had to be replaced. The culprit was some really small stones while I was driving Kochi-Bangalore. There is road work going on there so lots of debris floating around...however I feel two cracks in 7 months is a bit too much...Was wondering if this reflects on the quality of the glass itself ? I drive on these roads very often; almost twice a month and never had issues before on my other cars. I have sent a letter to Mitsu....Would like to know your thoughts on this.

Mod Note : Please avoid typing with excessive dots.........like................this.

Thanks

Last edited by khan_sultan : 28th November 2013 at 11:00.
motorotor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2014, 12:40   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Quick question to all the Pajero Sport owners out there...I just completed 10K on my sport and while there have been absolutely no issues with the car in general the windshield glass developed cracks twice and had to be replaced. The culprit was some really small stones while I was driving Kochi-Bangalore. There is road work going on there so lots of debris floating around...however I feel two cracks in 7 months is a bit too much...Was wondering if this reflects on the quality of the glass itself ? I drive on these roads very often; almost twice a month and never had issues before on my other cars. I have sent a letter to Mitsu....Would like to know your thoughts on this.

Mod Note : Please avoid typing with excessive dots.........like................this.

Thanks
Hi,
My Pajero Sport has done 24K in a year and in august my windshield also cracked. on its own.. weird thing to happen as when I left the house there was nothing and when I reached the mitsubishi workshop for some other work a crack mysteriously appeared.
Old 5th January 2014, 10:15   #58
BHPian

Abhinavsurekha in my case both the times I did see a small chip come off the windshield where a stone had hit. A tiny chip but it was there all the same. So I have a feeling it is more to do with the quality of the glass than anything else. Thoughts?
Old 6th January 2014, 11:30   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Abhinavsurekha in my case both the times I did see a small chip come off the windshield where a stone had hit. A tiny chip but it was there all the same. So I have a feeling it is more to do with the quality of the glass than anything else. Thoughts?
It definitely is the quality of the glass then. We must write to mitsubishi for the same. though i dont expect any action on that. they might just change it on the new cars they make.
Old 6th January 2014, 20:21   #60
BHPian

Abhinav I already sent an email to HM about this and they have promised to look into it. They were properly apologetic and all that however I got it replaced under the b2b insurance that I had going. If it occurs again I am going to get really worried. This might have crept in along with the localization effort.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks