Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th January 2014, 02:16   #76
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorotor View Post
Have purchased the race chip which I will fit soon. Fingers crossed that it solves the lag in low rpms. Will update the post once i am done with the install.

Looking forward to your experience.

Is there a possibility of having strut mounts and braces to counter the body roll? Do you think lowering the car a few mm will help in added grip?

If I put 20" the sidewall height is still 50 in a 275/50 set. Coming down from 65. It doesn't sound bad on paper. It should be alright considering many 2 ton cars on indian roads are using 45mm. Correct me if my speculation is wrong. If I could go 18" I can get 285/60 r18 but I don't know how much justice the 18" would do to the look.

Found some really cool Pajero's over the net. Attaching a few good looking ones.

My Mitsubishi Pajero Sport!-imageuploadedbyteambhp1390941477.689518.jpgMy Mitsubishi Pajero Sport!-imageuploadedbyteambhp1390941499.575929.jpgMy Mitsubishi Pajero Sport!-imageuploadedbyteambhp1390941518.941740.jpgMy Mitsubishi Pajero Sport!-imageuploadedbyteambhp1390941538.783464.jpgMy Mitsubishi Pajero Sport!-imageuploadedbyteambhp1390941559.009648.jpg
13thpsycho is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 30th January 2014, 10:50   #77
BHPian

13thPsycho : I am talking to a few folks about fitting the bilstein shocks on the sport. So far getting conflicting opinions so unable to commit. Will update this thread soon.
Old 14th February 2014, 20:57   #78
BHPian

Hey motoroter did you progress with this ?
Old 16th February 2014, 22:09   #79
BHPian

Re: My Mitsubishi Pajero Sport!

Quote:
Originally Posted by daebis View Post

Found a shop in Thailand who ship to india, they even have a website for most SUV, worked out cheaper than anything and i enjoy the exclusivity.
=====Had a little problem with the customs made me wait for half a day, but i guess that's how it is.
Daebsis can you give me the details of this shop that ships from Thailand ?
Old 16th February 2014, 23:54   #80
BHPian

sh@rpshooter : Not yet. Been caught up with work. Also my 3rd service is coming due. Will start after that.
Old 17th February 2014, 09:49   #81
BHPian

Quote:
sh@rpshooter : Not yet. Been caught up with work. Also my 3rd service is coming due. Will start after that.
Thanks. BTW Do you really see a need for a suspension change ?
Old 27th February 2014, 14:25   #82
BHPian

Hi

I have been going through some of the queries and comments, would like to answer a few from my experience of having treated my SUV as one should when you buy a car like this... (Mini-Truck as I call it)...

-At 140 it is stable no doubt, way more than the fortuner, can’t comment on turning at that speed doubt I’ll try it...

- Sudden braking and medium speed very little roll and passengers more comfy than in a fortuner.

- I get a mileage (with my air filter jammed) of 8.45 - 9.65 km/l. While my BIL's fortuner gives around the same, but I drive way faster. My BIL got 11.25 driving mine from Jaipur to Delhi, but it was the most frustrating ride yet.

- Accessories in Thailand way cheaper just have to manage the duty part and of course the transit risk. https://www.facebook.com/ddaccessories
they have a website DDaccessories, but on their Facebook page they have most of their items photographed. I bought from them even met the owners they are reliable.

Another site is Bantegmas (just search) https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...6975933&type=1

Awesome Pictures 13thpsycho in case you want to see more and get more ideas you can see and buy accessories from them (Bantegmas). The accessories look to be of better quality but more expensive, haven’t bought from them.

- Another advice once you are done with your free service. Buy from Khan market- Sood motors or something, They are not as cheap as some other parts shops you may know of in Delhi,but keeping convenience in mind I bought from him and am happy with the 1/3rd price that I get compared to the Dealerships ( Sorry dealers but you guys charge too much premium.) They can get you any part!

Example - I bought last week:-
New windshield wipers
Right bumper light assembly (mine was broken)
Brake pads front and back
Air filter
Oil filter
Diesel Filter
The Entire thing cost inclusive of taxes at Dealership is 25873/- Rs. (not sure of the wipers as the dealership don’t keep them as they r expensive they recommend using lancer wipers i.e. 400/-)
At Khan Market the entire thing cost me - 8650/- (diff of 17223/- Rs.)

Am sure there must be cheaper places than khan market too at Kashmiri gate etc. the hunt is on! Please do inform if you find.

So my point is things can get way cheaper.

Buying Synthetic oil from an IOC Petrol Pump (theyhave a huge margin so bargain, i own a small ioc pump in a village- i know!)saves you almost 1/3rd the cost, Order it seperately if the dealership doesnt have, and trust me when i say this there is no diff in the brands keeping all the specs same
So just be smart, the quality of the pads/filters is at Par as I am using them myself.

Now the goodies, I have finished a few of the upgrades that I needed to do:-

1. White rain guards.
2. Honey comb grill ( had a sports grill earlier but holes too large).
3. Horns (I got them earlier though, the second loudest after the "Bullet horns").
4. Spoiler painted by DD accessories.
5. Roof rack ( from my old Captiva going to be painting it white when my car goes for touching as I have had many scratches after this year’s Orange and Potato season)
6. Bonnet mirrorpainted from dd accessories (only useful for the side not the front but it’s cheap so happy with the side viewing at least).
7. LED side view mirror covers in White. (I wish the side view mirror lamp's LED was warm yellow and not the blue.)
8. Chrome bumper fog lamp covers (cheap plastic but get the job done)
9. Fog lamps Light force blitz240 ( have had them for 3 years had got them from the US, but just didn’t get down to installing it in my previous car Captiva and going to wait for a better bumper guard.
10. LED Daylight lamps (Weird thing happened The front daylight lamps go off when i am in 1st gear, but they remain on in all other gears as well as neutral).
11. MUSIC SYSTEM the aim was best sound with cheapest system Yet.

Posting some pictures:-
Music System review I will post in my next post. All I can say it sounds awesome, and good part is I know it can tune way better.

Safe driving Ya All!
Attached Thumbnails
My Mitsubishi Pajero Sport!-2014212121726a.jpg  

My Mitsubishi Pajero Sport!-2014212121726aa.jpg  

My Mitsubishi Pajero Sport!-2014210144922.jpg  

My Mitsubishi Pajero Sport!-hijoin.jpg  

My Mitsubishi Pajero Sport!-2014212121817a.jpg  

My Mitsubishi Pajero Sport!-2014212121817.jpg  

My Mitsubishi Pajero Sport!-2014212121817aa.jpg  

My Mitsubishi Pajero Sport!-2014212121824.jpg  

My Mitsubishi Pajero Sport!-10.jpg  

My Mitsubishi Pajero Sport!-dsc04595.jpg  

Last edited by moralfibre : 27th February 2014 at 15:36. Reason: Only two smileys per post.
daebis is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 27th February 2014, 15:04   #83
BHPian

thanks Daebis for the above, you seem to have removed the grill- makes it a lot less aggressive !
I did a 1200 km to and fro trip last week on my Pajero Sport. Since I have done my first service easily hit the above speeds and more and the vehicle was exceptionally stable. even on ghat sections with rough roads easily sailed through.
Old 27th February 2014, 20:53   #84
BHPian

Finally Music system installed.

Few things still remain such as:-

-Getting the System to integrate with my Steering wheel remote.
-Active crossover settings (maybe there's a fault in it as i bought it used, will explain below).
-Direction of the A-pillar mounts will be adjusted next week.
-And my friend messing up my right side midrange.

Aim:-
1. Best possible system + sound in a very tight budget.
2. Trying not to loose too much space in the woofer/speaker/amp placements
3. Be able to use my entire storage at the back without the threat of damaging my equipment.

I have been helping friends and family with their systems for the past 16 years. Used to write on richard clarks forums for the indian scene as we had a very limited choice when pioneer ruled the non-billed market and blaupunkt the billed market.

Head Unit:-
Clarion CZ702 (I dont like double dins). Its awesome, time alignment 5 volt preouts, 4 preouts (fr+back+right sub+left sub).bluetooth, aux, cd,usb. For the quality+features+price unbeatable.

Amplifiers:-
Arc Audio (KS900.6 ) 6 channel one of the most understated amps i've seen.
Arc Audio (KS300.4) Decided against using it.
Hifonics brutus brx2400.1d (for the price cum power ration unbeatable)

Speakers:-
Front speakers -3 way system using all three i.e. mid bass,mid range domes, tweeters all Dayton drivers. (lemme know if anyone inquistive about details).

Back speakers - keeping stocks as i found the bass in the PS very good in the stock speakers.

Subs - Dayton 10" x 2 subs recommended for small sealed enclosures.

Crossover - Used Audio Control 4xs. (had to purchase modules for the cut offs for the mid bass from the stock modules as the 60Hz module was usable for sub-to-midbass, but I'd prefer a little higher (70Hz) with 18cm midbasswoofers
The 90Hz module wad not usable, way to high for sub-to-midbass
The 500Hz module could have been usable for midbass-to-mid, but I thought it was a little low in combination with a dome-mid, so trying a a little higher (650Hz).

(A tip for enthusiasts, incase u do not want to change your stock system but want a speaker+amp+woofers upgrade get a active crossover from Audio control, it will take a single preout pair and convert it into: fr 2way+ rear single+ sub or 3 way in front and subs etc etc.. oh and its not expensive).

Found a person through Gunbir in LUDHIANA CITY, who does A-pillar fibre glassing.

Usually i would do my installs myself get an installer make him do all the cutting and wiring the way i wanted keeping RCs away from power cords etc (best to let professionals do the job), and then ensure the connections are proper and then take a week or a month to do the settings till i would get the best sound with the equipment i could afford.

Karamjit who i really enjoyed meeting, loves his work, its more like his hobby but loves a challenge. He has his factory in Ludhiana-Delhi road where he does the installs. He owns Audio Sympro saw him working on tiny things and doing them very well, you can find him on Facebook.

Keeping it short- Met him, took decisions had to go for 2 more meetings to get the fibre glassing of A-pillars perfect.

He made them painted them mat black matching the dash.

Install took 5 hours.

You can see the pictures.

Few problems i faced:-
the 3 meetings took sometime for the A-pillars as i got busy and then got busy.

Didnt want the tweeters in A-pillar as would have had a problem with line of sight. So instead of 2 pieces we had to do 4 so price went up a bit.

Angles of the speakers left side are a bit off but that is easily manageable, fixing an appointment with Karamjit tomorrow for next week.

My woofer box that I made i can go lower in height but am getting excellent tight bass from it so lets see. Also gonna be putting fibre glass board with holes to protect the subs as i will be putting luggage on it.

Had to remove only One (right) Back seat. For placing the two Amps.

The box made for 2 Amps can take my weight easily so no problem with putting luggage on it.

Anyhow the Sound is really nice. LOVE the tweeters and mid dome very laid back crystal clear. A bit more laid back on the left side therefore the adjustment with the directions.

Mid bass are clipping at very high volume so trying to figure out whats up with that. But at loud-medium volume am very impressed with mid bass in front.

Best Subs i have heard in a long time. So still thinking should i cut up the box or make a new shallower one and try it. Made them .7 cuft each enclosure. Can go to .50 cu ft.

Lastly had to cut off outer part of the faceplates of the speakers as they looked too big. but i damaged the grill a bit so my dear friend trying to help me tried to pull it out but damaged the dome, so ordering a new one.

Left the original rear door speakers connected directly to the HU with fader set up front at half.

Anyhow enough of the boring stuff.

The pictures:-
Attached Thumbnails
My Mitsubishi Pajero Sport!-3.jpg  

My Mitsubishi Pajero Sport!-4.jpg  

My Mitsubishi Pajero Sport!-5.jpg  

My Mitsubishi Pajero Sport!-6.jpg  

My Mitsubishi Pajero Sport!-10.jpg  

My Mitsubishi Pajero Sport!-9.jpg  

My Mitsubishi Pajero Sport!-7.jpg  

My Mitsubishi Pajero Sport!-1.jpg  

My Mitsubishi Pajero Sport!-13.jpg  

My Mitsubishi Pajero Sport!-14.jpg  

My Mitsubishi Pajero Sport!-15.jpg  

My Mitsubishi Pajero Sport!-16.jpg  

My Mitsubishi Pajero Sport!-17.jpg  

My Mitsubishi Pajero Sport!-18.jpg  

My Mitsubishi Pajero Sport!-2014209182933.jpg  

My Mitsubishi Pajero Sport!-dsc04595.jpg  

My Mitsubishi Pajero Sport!-2014211142459.jpg  

My Mitsubishi Pajero Sport!-2014209114319.jpg  

My Mitsubishi Pajero Sport!-12.jpg  

daebis is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 10th March 2014, 13:14   #85

Long Term Pajero Sport Owners - Can you advise on the longevity of the stock Apollo A/T tires that come as standard issue?
Old 19th March 2014, 18:42   #86
BHPian

hi, would love to help, but mine was the first lot which has bridgestone.
I have done 56000 kms and i think they are good to go for another 15000 atleast.

Although i do use all 5 tyres in rotation..

Once these are gone thinking about Michelin..
Old 18th May 2014, 21:35   #87
BHPian

My new look!!!
redesigning my front guard ... will post pics later.
Attached Thumbnails
My Mitsubishi Pajero Sport!-dsc_3747.jpg  

My Mitsubishi Pajero Sport!-dsc_3748.jpg  

My Mitsubishi Pajero Sport!-dsc_3753.jpg  

My Mitsubishi Pajero Sport!-dsc_3755.jpg  

daebis is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th May 2014, 21:56   #88
Senior - BHPian

Hi Daebis, those are nice shots and great surroundings. Can you tell me where are these pictures taken?
Old 25th May 2014, 09:11   #89
BHPian

Hi, its a place near bhakra nangal , called govind Sagar.
Old 15th December 2014, 16:12   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Hey Motorotor, Did you manage to get the ECU remap done? Please share any updates. Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks