Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 15th December 2014, 16:30   #91
BHPian

Re: My Mitsubishi Pajero Sport!

Didn't do an ECU remap however got a RaceChip Ultimate installed. While I have not dynoed it yet the seat of the pants feeling is that bottom end has improved; it now hangs on more gamely to 3rd gear where i would have definitely had to downshift earlier. Intend to get it dynoed from Red Rooster next time I am in Bangalore.
Old 16th December 2014, 20:40   #92
BHPian

any one have got their engines tuned?

my suv's done 75200 Kms,
tyres have still got juice in them, am thinking atleast 10000 Kms, I have rotated all 5, over all not bad.

Using synthetic oil, since my last review.

Cars performance is absolutely amazing.

Designing my front bar for my light force lights, should be up and ready end of this month.

Need some advice on tyres...
short listed the following please do give me the negatives.

Thankss...

Recommended Size - 265 / 65 R17 112H
Car comes with Bridgestone - D 683
price :- 13000/- per tyre

Choices
Yokohama - Series 65 - G902 - 265/65 R17 (102S) - 12600 Rs.
Yokohama - Car Tyres G012 TL - 265/65/17 - Rs 11192
Yokohama - Series 60 - G94A - 285/60 R18 - 20700
Falken - Wildpeak H/T01 - 275/70 R16 (114T) - Rs 8028
Hankook - Dynapro HL - 275/65 R17 115H - Rs 13680
Michelin - Latitude Cross - 265/65R17 (112T) - Rs 15200/-
Pirelli - Scorpion ATR - 265/65 R17 (112 T) - Rs 12780
GoodYear - Wrangler AT/SA OWL - 265/65 R17 (112S) - Rs 10929
Hankook DYNAPRO HL P 265/65R 17 112H Tubeless -13636 Rs.
Old 17th December 2014, 11:49   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorotor View Post
Didn't do an ECU remap however got a RaceChip Ultimate installed. While I have not dynoed it yet the seat of the pants feeling is that bottom end has improved; it now hangs on more gamely to 3rd gear where i would have definitely had to downshift earlier. Intend to get it dynoed from Red Rooster next time I am in Bangalore.
How much you spent on RaceChip Ultimate installation? Is it carried out at an authorized dealership or aftermarket. If aftermarket then does it have any implications with the warranty of the vehicle?
Old 17th December 2014, 13:00   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satpalsharma View Post
How much you spent on RaceChip Ultimate installation? Is it carried out at an authorized dealership or aftermarket. If aftermarket then does it have any implications with the warranty of the vehicle?
watch out for this issue mentioned on another forum
http://www.4x4community.co.za/forum/...t=94180&page=7
Old 18th December 2014, 14:13   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satpalsharma View Post
Spent about $400. The installation was done by me when I had a morning to kill. Will post pics. Regarding the warranty I am pretty sure there will be implications if they find out. Plan to remove it prior to service. So far it looks pretty good.

I did see some links on a few forms about the complexity of chipping the 2.5 DiD and resulting issues; not sure whether they are valid claims or not. Intend to run it for a few hundred kilometers before I decide. Fingers crossed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asinghal View Post
watch out for this issue mentioned on another forum
http://www.4x4community.co.za/forum/...t=94180&page=7
Didn't see any actual issue. Not sure what to make of it.

Last edited by aah78 : 19th December 2014 at 01:53. Reason: Posts merged.
Old 18th December 2014, 15:14   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Didn't see any actual issue. Not sure what to make of it.
Sorry, the link to specific post which does a cursory mention of the issue is here
http://www.4x4community.co.za/forum/...&postcount=304
Old 18th December 2014, 17:26   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Spent about $400. The installation was done by me when I had a morning to kill. Will post pics. Regarding the warranty I am pretty sure there will be implications if they find out. Plan to remove it prior to service. So far it looks pretty good.
The only point that needs getting a little used to in the Pajero Sport is the low rpm behaviour. If there is a way to correct that, man - this would easily be the benchmark in the segment. Eagerly awaiting your report on this - for two reasons:

- So we can read up more
- So your PM ability gets setup, so we can ask you more pointed questions

Do create the next 8 odd posts on this forum to get your PMs enabled,
Old 18th December 2014, 18:33   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anshuman_v View Post
The only point that needs getting a little used to in the Pajero Sport is the low rpm behaviour. If there is a way to correct that, man - this would easily be the benchmark in the segment. Eagerly awaiting your report on this - for two reasons:

- So we can read up more
- So your PM ability gets setup, so we can ask you more pointed questions

Do create the next 8 odd posts on this forum to get your PMs enabled,
Anshuman I agree completely. And after the install thats the first thing that struck me

1. It was holding on to 3rd a lot better. Where I would shift to second earlier I can manage with third.
2. The engine feels more responsive. No balking in 1st/ 2nd.

I am hoping the chip does not act up going forward. My comfort lies in the fact that it has been used in all kinds of vehicles including high end and with good reviews. I have also seen a dyno test with this same test on youtube which validates some of the numbers. Let me see if I can find the link. Will put it up.

I am currently running this at the lowest setting and am hoping it does not have any adverse impact. After experiencing it I don't have the heart to go back to stock.

Will work on the number of posts

Last edited by aah78 : 19th December 2014 at 01:53.
Old 19th December 2014, 07:49   #99
BHPian

By the way Anshuman just read your review of the PS today. Great thread and thanks for sharing.

Also another upgrade that I did was to replace the stock MID/Head Unit with the touch screen one that comes on the montero in other markets. The advantage is that I now have an integrated MID/ Head Unit with GPS instead of the separate one that came earlier.

Pics below.
Attached Thumbnails
My Mitsubishi Pajero Sport!-img_1329.jpg  

My Mitsubishi Pajero Sport!-img_2265.jpg  

My Mitsubishi Pajero Sport!-img_2264.jpg  

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 19th December 2014 at 08:19. Reason: Not your mistake but merging posts as they're back to back.
motorotor is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th December 2014, 08:57   #100
Senior - BHPian

Wow! Now that looks fantastic! So there was already an input for vehicle parameters? Where and for how much did you source that HU?
Old 19th December 2014, 09:14   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
Wow! Now that looks fantastic! So there was already an input for vehicle parameters? Where and for how much did you source that HU?
Thanks. Yes the install retains the hardware of the original unit and interfaces with the new one.

I got it from a vendor here in Kochi who imports this specific model. They have a tie up with the Mitsu dealer here.
Old 19th December 2014, 09:24   #102
BHPian

Quote:
By the way Anshuman just read your review of the PS today. Great thread and thanks for sharing.

Also another upgrade that I did was to replace the stock MID/Head Unit with the touch screen one that comes on the montero in other markets. The advantage is that I now have an integrated MID/ Head Unit with GPS instead of the separate one that came earlier.
Most welcome, its fun to create the forum for Pajero Sports enthusiasts.

Those pics look juicy! Great install - you really do need to get your PMs enabled for us to chat. Please create nicely informative posts with all the what and how of these installs, and you will have your PM in a jiffy - hurry up please!
Old 19th December 2014, 14:18   #103
BHPian

The HU install looks good and makes sense. I had put the MID in the anniversary edition and has taken up the space for wallet/phone etc.
Will be waiting for feedback from @motorrotor on the race chip.
Old 22nd December 2014, 14:44   #104
BHPian

a bit late i just saw this ,
i update when i do some changes..
back seats i dont use them, one is removed to make place for my 2 amplifiers and the plastic box behind the 3rd row has been removed to install 2 very low profile 10" subs.
I got a great clarion Hu with a 3way setup in front.

i did post the pictures of the install, will post what it finally looks like.
My tyres have crossed 76000 K, may have 5-10k left in them this is after using all 5 for rotation.
Upgrading the alloys and tyres. Selected a tyre size of 275/65R17 supposedly does not effect the performance.

Hows yours been so far.
I love my car never felt this way with any other plan to keep it for a very long time. Have switched to synthetic oil does make a difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Daebis, thanks for the review. I liked the way you have put down the details – very earthy, and have almost given a human touch to the car

How usable is the third row seats?

Do keep updating the thread, and please post some interior pictures as well.
Hi,
please do share the the cochi dealers contatc numbers.
Have been thinking of this and you answered everything i needed to ask. Excellent job well done!!!

Quote:

Pics below.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 22nd December 2014 at 15:01. Reason: Back to back post. Please go through board rules.
daebis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2015, 08:12   #105
BHPian

Quote:

Pics below.
Hey Motorotor, do you have the Make of this HU ? is the Sound quality any better ?
Thanks for posting this

Most Viewed