Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th November 2012, 15:01   #61
BHPian

Re: Living My Pride : Honda City VMT (Golden Angel)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00nuts001 View Post
Hi headbanger, i have completed the following free services
1st - 1000km/1 mnth
2nd - 3000km/3 mnths
3rd - 6000kms/ 6 mnths.

Got the engine oil changed to synthetic each time, cost around 2k. No other cost. Next service in 6 months will tell the average cost. Other members may kindly advise on the average cost.
Thanks.
So, do you mean to say that 03 oil changes have already happened in the car at the intervals of 1k, 2k & 3k respectively?
Old 12th November 2012, 15:31   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by breezydrive

So, do you mean to say that 03 oil changes have already happened in the car at the intervals of 1k, 2k & 3k respectively?
I stand corrected, brother. 1st and 3rd.
Old 12th December 2012, 07:17   #63
BHPian

Another realization. The seat belt tends to entangle itself in the boot release lever. I faced this issue 3 times since the purchase. The worst was when the boot opened as i put on my seat belt at a red light while it was raining. Couldnt get out due to heavy traffic and rains.thanks to a cab driver who rolled down his window and locked the boot.
Old 12th December 2012, 09:55   #64
Distinguished - BHPian

Posting question on another thread:

Question to all ANHC owners with Sunroof!! Is the height lesser in the interiors for models with Sunroof, compared to other models? My friend went to book the car today & said the height seemed lesser for the sunroof model. Could anyone confirm?
Old 12th December 2012, 11:25   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Posting question on another thread:

Question to all ANHC owners with Sunroof!! Is the height lesser in the interiors for models with Sunroof, compared to other models?
Hi Swiftnfurious. I dont think the hieght differs. Didnt find any difference mentioned anywhere on their specifications. Other owners to confirm please.
Old 27th January 2013, 01:35   #66
BHPian

Well, the due date for the new member in my family was 22 Feb, co-inciding with GA's arrival date a year earlier. This had me excited. Would i be able to celebrate 2 birthdays together?
But luck had other plans: a true republican doll came into our lives on 26 Jan!
GA faithfully continues to trudge on....
Old 27th January 2013, 23:39   #67
BHPian

Nice to see that your ANHC is treating you well. We have the ANHC v1.0, and I must say, she is a blast. It has been 22,000 KMs of pure bliss, with nothing except routine services that has to be given to her. The engine is something that totally has me floored : the performance that the engine puts out on highways is just fabulous, and there is ample usable power in start stop traffic as well.

Looking at the new bells and whistles that come with v2.0, I'm sure it's an amazing package altogether. Enjoy your Golden Angel, and keep us posted
Old 27th January 2013, 23:51   #68
BHPian

Congratulations on addition to the family. Wish the new born the best in life. For GA, wish it many more happy miles. When driven sedately, City is a fantastic car. Is the second service at 3K an actual service or the visit that you made due to check-engine alarm? Moreover, changing synthetic oil within 1K and then 5K (the service at 6K) seems like an overkill. Did you want the oil to be changed or is it required to be changed at that interval(as per owner's manual)?
Old 3rd February 2013, 12:09   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanaticOnWheels View Post
Nice to see that your ANHC is treating you well. We have the ANHC v1.0, and I must say, she is a blast. It has been 22,000 KMs of pure bliss, with nothing except routine services that has to be given to her. The engine is something that totally has me floored : the performance that the engine puts out on highways is just fabulous, and there is ample usable power in start stop traffic as well.

Looking at the new bells and whistles that come with v2.0, I'm sure it's an amazing package altogether. Enjoy your Golden Angel, and keep us posted
Thanks Bro. The feature list is too good. i wouldn't change a thing in it. wish i could've had the sunroof also, but you cant get the moon. :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biraj View Post
Congratulations on addition to the family. Wish the new born the best in life. For GA, wish it many more happy miles. When driven sedately, City is a fantastic car. Is the second service at 3K an actual service or the visit that you made due to check-engine alarm? Moreover, changing synthetic oil within 1K and then 5K (the service at 6K) seems like an overkill. Did you want the oil to be changed or is it required to be changed at that interval(as per owner's manual)?
Thanks for the warm wishes Biraj!
the oil change is prescribed in the manual. I know I should've taken Mineral oil in thew first change. didn't know much then.
And yes, 3k is an actual service.

I am also keen on knowing about retuning my car. Any advice would be appreciated.

Has anyone in Gurgaon gone for a detailing of ANHC in the first year? Again, appreciate any advice.

Thanks.

Last edited by 00nuts001 : 3rd February 2013 at 12:11.
Old 9th February 2013, 09:20   #70
BHPian

Does TATA AIG not have a cashless agreement with Honda?
Old 9th February 2013, 11:05   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Does TATA AIG not have a cashless agreement with Honda?
Yes they do. But that would depend on the dealer. For eg. In Mumbai link way Honda supports TATA AIG cashless while Apex Honda would not.

Check with TATA website to see which all dealers are supported in your area.
arup.misra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2013, 07:04   #72
BHPian

And GA completes one year of a fine camaraderie. Is it time to pamper her with a detailing job?
I guess I have built the trust over the year more and more.
Thank you, GA, for being there.
Old 1st June 2013, 18:36   #73
BHPian

the 1st Paid Service got done today. The experience follows:
Called Pearl Honda (sector 32, Gurgaon) on Friday for a slot. 1st response was they will call back in 5-10 mins for confirmation, which they did not. called an hour later to confirm myself.
Today, reached at 0930 Hours, as promised. I was met warmly by the Service Advisor Santokh, who remembered me from my last experience (refer earlier post: car banging! he was the one who had then broken the news). He directed me to another SA, who did a roundabout of my car and told me the following was needed. Oil Change (Synthetic), AC check and vent cleaning, air filter cleaning, general servicing. estimated cost - 5000. estimated time - appr 12 ( on the sheet, he mentioned 1, which i noticed only later). I decided to wait in their customer lounge(1st floor, overseeing the working area), and was promptly offered tea/Coffee, thrice!. I switched on my laptop and started working on my official mails. I was joined by a retired Col who had come in for the 1st free service of his Honda City, and we shared some experiences. Surprisingly, his servicing started after mine and finisshed in an hours time. later, I noticed the working style of the workforce. Despite a crowded day, there was no hurry. It seemed there was lack of ownership in their work. but the SAs frequent rounds always made them scramble to their feet.
I was later acquainted with anoyther young guy, who was working in evalueserve, in thier vehicles technical wing. again we shared experiences (he owned a 2011 Jazz) and knew a few things about vehicles ( he was into the technical side of a Tractor firm earlier, so knew the basic processes). He pointed out that the air filter cleaning process we saw here was a crude way of doing it, and is a strict no in the business. I made sure I kept my SA in continuous loop for every doubt I had, and he made frequent visits to my car. I got a call from him that the vehicle was ready, at around 1245. I was surprised,since I had not seen it getting washed, but he confirmed it was done. I thought i might have missed it during my conversations / e-mail business. On coming down, I noticed the vehicle had not been washed. I gave the SA a piece of my mind, without shouting or being loud. he was quite apologetic, but made it clear that 1 - 1:30 is lunch, and then they would wash out my car. went back to the lounge and whiled away some more time. Incidentally, the other co-customer's car was only then broung in for servicing. I guess even he was a patient customer for H, but I realized you have to keep pushing to get things done. They did clean the car thoroughly, though i would've preferred a rub by the hand held circular machine they used on 2 other vehicles, which gleamed in all their glory. perhaps that was an extra paid item.

Finally, got the vehicle at approx 3PM. so far, every thing seems fine as per the short spin I took. will take her out for a longer spin in the next hour to assess.

Total Cost - 5143.

I also took the opportunity for a short test drive of Honda Amaze. Amazing Pickup, great speed, good seat comfort. then, high NVH, no MID, brakes lacked bite, front design not to my absolute liking ( but I earlier did not like the City rear end iether). However, would recommend anyday ISO a Dzire.

Cheers
00nuts001 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2013, 21:07   #74
BHPian

First of all, CONGRATULATIONS on your GA. Wish you a trouble free ownership and a long companionship with your angel. It looks really gleaming in that shade. I actually don't like the way the steering cover looks, but I'm pretty satisfied thinking of its usability and practicality. Do consider a 'Velvet steering cover'. I have purchased it for my Alto (all 3 other cars have leather-wrapped ones) and it's pretty comfortable as compared to leather ones. Costs 500 bucks only.

Quote:
Today, reached at 0930 Hours, as promised. I was met warmly by the Service Advisor Santokh, who remembered me from my last experience (refer earlier post: car banging! he was the one who had then broken the news)
Surprisingly, his servicing started after mine and finisshed in an hours time. later, I noticed the working style of the workforce. Despite a crowded day, there was no hurry
I gave the SA a piece of my mind, without shouting or being loud. he was quite apologetic, but made it clear that 1 - 1:30 is lunch, and then they would wash out my car. went back to the lounge and whiled away some more time. Incidentally, the other co-customer's car was only then broung in for servicing. I guess even he was a patient customer for H, but I realized you have to keep pushing to get things done. They did clean the car thoroughly, though i would've preferred a rub by the hand held circular machine they used on 2 other vehicles, which gleamed in all their glory. perhaps that was an extra paid item.

Finally, got the vehicle at approx 3PM. so far, every thing seems fine as per the short spin I took. will take her out for a longer spin in the next hour to assess.

Total Cost - 5143.

I also took the opportunity for a short test drive of Honda Amaze. Amazing Pickup, great speed, good seat comfort. then, high NVH, no MID, brakes lacked bite, front design not to my absolute liking ( but I earlier did not like the City rear end iether). However, would recommend anyday ISO a Dzire.

Cheers
5143 INR for a paid service seems okay to me. I feel the SA troubled you a lot; not getting the car washed, not preparing the car on the said time, etc.
BTW Did you get the car cleaned by the handheld machine? How much was the cost?

Can you clarify that your car was sent to workshop first and then to cleaning?
In my DZire and Alto, the service center changes the oil first, then sends the car for a wash, then polishes and cleans the car and then finally it goes to the workshop. Pretty unusual, right?
But, ultimately, the car is wiped clean with a soft cloth by some worker before handing it over to the owner.

I have also Test Driven the Amaze. I have almost felt the same as you; high NVH, wacky interiors for the top end VX model, poor support of front seats, small stance from front, and a pretty basic stereo.
If one is not using the boot frequently, then I think it is better to go for DZire if budget is extendable till V variants. If one considers a base model, then Amaze E is definitely the better bet.

----

Quote:
A big jolt. While just starting for office, i noticed the airbag light was on. I tapped the horn, and then it wouldnt go off! Till i pulled the ignition key out. I have rushed to *** and their engineer working on it. He says the ICE wiring has been uaed by snipping the original wires. I remember categorically being told by Reliance Auto, where i had got my head unit installed, that they would only harness and the original wiring would not be touched.
What a fix. I'm really in deep.
Help?
This is serious trouble. Take the car to Reliance Auto and then complaint to the responsible person. Nowadays, they use Couplers which eliminate the need of wire cuts. But, if they have really cut the stock wiring, then you are in trouble.

Now for installing Amp and Sub-
Get to some other trusted ICE installer and act as a very 'attention-to-detail' person. Poke the workers every now and then to show that you are attentive. Be with your car during all stages of install and check yourself that NO wires are cut. Inform the workers as well as the shop owner that you will NOT pay the money if any wires are cut.

Do update once installed. What model Amp and Sub does your Alto have?
Loud is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2013, 21:58   #75
BHPian

Good to see your Angel doing well. Hondas usually are trouble free. Now that you have completed more than a year with GA, will you like to share the KMs you have clocked and the kind of efficiency it returns on various types of roads. Enjoy the miles!

A bit ot: Are you sure the guy you met from Evalueserve used to work in "vehicles technical wing"? I am an ex EVS employee and worked there till 2010 but never had heard of team called "vehicles technical wing". Seems a lot has changed there.
Biraj is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks