Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th June 2013, 02:58   #76
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loud View Post
First of all, CONGRATULATIONS on your GA. Wish you a trouble free ownership and a long companionship with your angel. It looks really gleaming in that shade. I actually don't like the way the steering cover looks, but I'm pretty satisfied thinking of its usability and practicality. Do consider a 'Velvet steering cover'. I have purchased it for my Alto (all 3 other cars have leather-wrapped ones) and it's pretty comfortable as compared to leather ones. Costs 500 bucks only.
Unfortunately or fortunately, the cover got ripped. Will try your recommendation soon. Where can I get it?
Quote:
5143 INR for a paid service seems okay to me. I feel the SA troubled you a lot; not getting the car washed, not preparing the car on the said time, etc.
Us lesser mortals do not have much of a choice. The other A S S is Ring Road Honda in Gurgaon, which again is not any better, if not worse. Perhaps I'll try someone in Delhi. Any recommendations?
Quote:
BTW Did you get the car cleaned by the handheld machine? How much was the cost?
no I did not. Actually the shine on GA is still great, so did not see the reason for that. Not sure of the cost.
Quote:
Can you clarify that your car was sent to workshop first and then to cleaning?
yup.
Quote:
In my DZire and Alto, the service center changes the oil first, then sends the car for a wash, then polishes and cleans the car and then finally it goes to the workshop. Pretty unusual, right?
But, ultimately, the car is wiped clean with a soft cloth by some worker before handing it over to the owner.
That is strange, cleaning a car and potentially dirtying it later, not cool. The wiping with a soft cloth did happen.
Quote:
I have also Test Driven the Amaze. I have almost felt the same as you; high NVH, wacky interiors for the top end VX model, poor support of front seats, small stance from front, and a pretty basic stereo.
If one is not using the boot frequently, then I think it is better to go for DZire if budget is extendable till V variants. If one considers a base model, then Amaze E is definitely the better bet.
I did not try the dzire diesel, so not very sure. My personal opinion of the new dzire is that of cork stuck in the behind. The petrol dz lacked the grunt.
----

Quote:
This is serious trouble. Take the car to Reliance Auto and then complaint to the responsible person. Nowadays, they use Couplers which eliminate the need of wire cuts. But, if they have really cut the stock wiring, then you are in trouble.
already sorted out. Revisit my thread.
Quote:
Now for installing Amp and Sub-
Get to some other trusted ICE installer and act as a very 'attention-to-detail' person. Poke the workers every now and then to show that you are attentive. Be with your car during all stages of install and check yourself that NO wires are cut. Inform the workers as well as the shop owner that you will NOT pay the money if any wires are cut.

Do update once installed. What model Amp and Sub does your Alto have?
I would really need some expert help if I am to touch this act. Will not do this alone. Wonder if a guru will be kind to join me. Burgers and cokes on me!
I have a Jbl 1400 watt bass tube, and Sony explode amp. The alto's sold off (sigh), refer my earlier posts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biraj View Post
Good to see your Angel doing well. Hondas usually are trouble free. Now that you have completed more than a year with GA, will you like to share the KMs you have clocked and the kind of efficiency it returns on various types of roads. Enjoy the miles!

A bit ot: Are you sure the guy you met from Evalueserve used to work in "vehicles technical wing"? I am an ex EVS employee and worked there till 2010 but never had heard of team called "vehicles technical wing". Seems a lot has changed there.
Done 11.5K KMs. 20% on highways, 65% in peak traffic, and 15% normal traffic in city (pun intended). earlier for close to 3k KMs, my average was at 13.5 with 10%ac. Now for the past 1.5k kms, with 20% ac, getting 14 kmpl. My thread has a more detailed post on my driving style and the related FE. Hope it helps.

He said his job was ascertaining the long term plans for the automotive clients they had. Dont know much about it. He wasn't carrying his card, so got to rely if he responds to mine.

Cheers brothers!

Last edited by 00nuts001 : 6th June 2013 at 03:04.
00nuts001 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2013, 10:39   #77
BHPian

Re: Living My Pride : Honda City VMT (Golden Angel)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00nuts001 View Post
Unfortunately or fortunately, the cover got ripped. Will try your recommendation soon. Where can I get it?
I got mine for Rs. 500 this February from 'Alka Car Accessories' in Tikona Park, NIT, Faridabad. The shop is the first one located on the left hand side. I am not sure why it is called Velvet cover! The owner was saying me that it is called 'Velvet Steering Cover'. Mine is of silver colour.

Quote:
Us lesser mortals do not have much of a choice. The other A S S is Ring Road Honda in Gurgaon, which again is not any better, if not worse. Perhaps I'll try someone in Delhi. Any recommendations?
My friend got his City VMT from Sterling Automobiles, Mathura Road, Faridabad. The car was also send for its 1st free service in the same dealership. They are okay in their work, but I have seen them driving a Brio S at a very high speed (very carelessly) around the dealership and applying brakes very hard (and the car screeched everytime since it didn't had ABS). When I asked the person, he said 'Saar, hume brake check karne ke liye bola hai' (Sir, we are instructed to check the brakes!). I didn't interfere much and came back. Was it the right way to check the brakes?
I would recommend you Pearl Honda. My friend says that the SAs are very polite there and the procedure is also very smooth.

Quote:
That is strange, cleaning a car and potentially dirtying it later, not cool. The wiping with a soft cloth did happen.
Yes, strange indeed. I don't know but they send all the cars like this only. Strange!

Quote:
I did not try the dzire diesel, so not very sure. My personal opinion of the new dzire is that of cork stuck in the behind. The petrol dz lacked the grunt.
Yes, the Petrol Dzire is not as chuckable as the Diesel DZire. I own a VDi BTW.

Quote:
I would really need some expert help if I am to touch this act. Will not do this alone. Wonder if a guru will be kind to join me. Burgers and cokes on me!
I have a Jbl 1400 watt bass tube, and Sony explode amp. The alto's sold off (sigh), refer my earlier posts.
Don't worry! There is just no need of taking a crowd with you! Just be very strict with those guys and keep asking them what work they are doing.
Thanks for the info about the BassTube and Amp. Is the Amp a 4 Ch or a 2 Ch one? How much did you get the whole thing for?
I would suggest you to get a Mono Amplifier for your Basstube and route the current Amplifier to the speakers. Your car would be bombarding!
Old 7th June 2013, 10:52   #78
BHPian

Quote:
I got mine for Rs. 500 this February from 'Alka Car Accessories' in Tikona Park, NIT, Faridabad. The shop is the first one located on the left hand side. I am not sure why it is called Velvet cover! The owner was saying me that it is called 'Velvet Steering Cover'. Mine is of silver colour.
Will try out in Ambience Mall Reliance Autozone

Quote:
My friend got his City VMT from Sterling Automobiles, Mathura Road, Faridabad. The car was also send for its 1st free service in the same dealership. They are okay in their work, but I have seen them driving a Brio S at a very high speed (very carelessly) around the dealership and applying brakes very hard (and the car screeched everytime since it didn't had ABS). When I asked the person, he said 'Saar, hume brake check karne ke liye bola hai' (Sir, we are instructed to check the brakes!). I didn't interfere much and came back. Was it the right way to check the brakes?
I would recommend you Pearl Honda. My friend says that the SAs are very polite there and the procedure is also very smooth.
As I said, bro, we dont have much choice. sticking to Pearl Honda

Quote:
Yes, the Petrol Dzire is not as chuckable as the Diesel DZire. I own a VDi BTW.
Need a joyride soon, bro!

Quote:
Don't worry! There is just no need of taking a crowd with you! Just be very strict with those guys and keep asking them what work they are doing.
Thanks for the info about the BassTube and Amp. Is the Amp a 4 Ch or a 2 Ch one? How much did you get the whole thing for?
I would suggest you to get a Mono Amplifier for your Basstube and route the current Amplifier to the speakers. Your car would be bombarding!
it's a 4 Ch Amp. dont remember the output.
I am very clear with this: no tampering with the wiring till I am accompanied by a know-it-all. Support needed, guys! cant handle this part alone.

Thanks.
Old 7th June 2013, 11:00   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Need a joyride soon, bro!
Wish the same of your GA also! I am too busy with college nowadays, although I don't compromise with T-BHP surfing at any cost!
BTW my car would provide you a joyride for your ears also. 1 4 Ch Amp, 4 Speakers, 2 Tweeters, 12" Subwoofer, Mono Amplifier for sub! Do I need to say more?

Quote:
it's a 4 Ch Amp. dont remember the output.
I am very clear with this: no tampering with the wiring till I am accompanied by a know-it-all. Support needed, guys! cant handle this part alone.
Thanks.
I would have helped you but I am NO guru in the ICE area. Other ICE bugs can help.
However, I would provide every possible online help to you.

Cheers!
Old 26th July 2013, 17:24   #80
BHPian

So a long pending update:

The pax side ORVM got damaged by a raging cow (or was it a bull?) crashed into it. luckily, only the plastic cover and the glass got damaged. the electricals and machine still work. dont assume it will cost a bomb, but need to get it checked.
also, some flying debris decided toland at the mid bottom of the front windsheild, cracking it in the process. I knew the crack would keep on growing longer, which it did. It finally stands constant half way up. for changing it, the A.S.S. estimated Rs. 15,000/-, whereas a local garage person known to me costed it at Rs.5,000/-, for Asahi India, or Rs.4,500/- for Saint Gobain. Suggestions needed.
My Cellmate branded car charger shorted, blowing a fuse. got the fuse changed and looking for a good charger. again looking for advise.

The fuel economy i now get is ~14.0 kmpl! still the silent performer GA always was.

Thanks for the time.
Old 26th July 2013, 19:18   #81
BHPian

The entire package looks stunning. Be careful with the low ground clearence of it. You will surely love the silent smooth horses under the bonet and one of the best interiors in the segment.
Old 28th July 2013, 09:01   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikz View Post
The entire package looks stunning. Be careful with the low ground clearence of it. You will surely love the silent smooth horses under the bonet and one of the best interiors in the segment.
Gee thanks Nikz,

The low ground clearance has not bothered me except once or twice in my 1.5 yrs of ownership. probably since i mostly drive alone, it helps.
The silence I appreciate every time I drive it. butter smooth as you say .

The interiors are mind blowing. If I really must pick on the interirors, perhaps the only thing for improvement is the ergonomical throw of the air con vents.

Thanks.
Old 12th August 2013, 16:18   #83
BHPian

The left ORVM replaced:

Mirror = ~400
Plastic cover = ~350
Paint for plastic cover (!) = ~750

Approx cost ~ 1500.

also, there was an error code generated which got the Air Bag Light on. they got the same cleared by mapping their comp based machine to the ECU (another 250 after discount - originally 650)

FE down to 13.5 due to rains and subsequent traffic snarlups.

Thanks.
Old 19th August 2013, 03:11   #84
BHPian

how's your touchscreen dvd doing? i think a long term ownership review is due.especially as I'm thinkimg of buying one
Also when it was installed ,was the touchscreen DVD panel the only thing installed by retaining the full console?or was the whole console including the OE silver front plate changed?
hows the steering controls working with dvd?any issues?what are the various video formats accepted by the usb interface?
Your reply will motivate me towards the purchase of this brand.
thankyou
Old 19th August 2013, 09:35   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinivaspai View Post
how's your touchscreen dvd doing? i think a long term ownership review is due.especially as I'm thinkimg of buying one
Also when it was installed ,was the touchscreen DVD panel the only thing installed by retaining the full console?or was the whole console including the OE silver front plate changed?
hows the steering controls working with dvd?any issues?what are the various video formats accepted by the usb interface?
Your reply will motivate me towards the purchase of this brand.
thankyou
Hi Srinivas,
The whole unit is still doing good. no issues on the touch senstivity part.
The entire console was replaced. the good thing is there is no difference in the finish of the console (refer my pics). Also, in case something does go wrong in your unit, you get it replaced with the OE instantly.
The steering controls are in sync, no problems there. the only grouse, if i have to pick one, is that while you can change skip to the next song on your dvd / usb by clicking the steering control, you cannot skip the FM station by doing so . But you can do a long press of the + button on the S/wheel to scan onto the next station.
With the DVD, you can FF(x1-20), REW(x1-20), Pause, Start, Stop, Change, etc through the controls. I still have problem to play the movie once i have clicked on FF. you have to run through x1-20 speed to get back to play, so have to be precise where you want to start playing. or you press the play button on the screen, which does the trick
I haven't really tried all the formats, as use the DVD option very less. have tried upto DIVX, which is fine, I think it might do an MP4.
I did face a problem with the GPS. the data card corrupted. however, the same was replaced free, even outside warranty, by the company. took almost a month for them to do it, though. The maps have changed to Sygic. I am not familiar with this interface, but it still lead me back home from Dwarka Sector 10, with every twist and turn read out.

Hope this helps! let me know if you decide to buy one, ill try to speak to motevo unit guy here to see if there is a discount.

Thanks.
Old 24th December 2013, 14:56   #86
BHPian

It's been a busy life. Not mch happenning on the GA end. two small updates.
1. Every morning, the first few speed breakers bring out a squeek from the front suspensions. the squeek ends after 1 or 2 bumps. need to show that in the servicing next month.
2. Imagination it could be, but I think I hear a very slight gurgle from the engine when i drive in absolute silence. this probably wasnt there earlier. time to worry?

Please re-assure me guys .

Thanks.
Old 18th January 2014, 19:08   #87
BHPian

Quote:
It's been a busy life. Not mch happenning on the GA end. two small updates.
1. Every morning, the first few speed breakers bring out a squeek from the front suspensions. the squeek ends after 1 or 2 bumps. need to show that in the servicing next month.
2. Imagination it could be, but I think I hear a very slight gurgle from the engine when i drive in absolute silence. this probably wasnt there earlier. time to worry?

Please re-assure me guys .

Thanks.
So, how many clicks have you got on the odo, by now?
Regarding the problems you mentioned, I have absolutely no idea about either of the problems, but I'm sure that Honda would easily get them sorted. And, you as an enthusiast, would have got these issues adressed by now.

Waiting for update.
Old 21st January 2014, 11:38   #88
BHPian

Quote:
So, how many clicks have you got on the odo, by now?
Regarding the problems you mentioned, I have absolutely no idea about either of the problems, but I'm sure that Honda would easily get them sorted. And, you as an enthusiast, would have got these issues adressed by now.

Waiting for update.
Hi Loud
~16.5 K on Odometer

The problems resolved in the last servicing, and GA returns to her former self

BTW, waiting fo your article.

I finally took the plunge and got the Amp and Bass tube fixed.
The front door speakers changed to Rockfford Fosgate 6" Components, while the rear changed to Polk 3Way 6" co-oaxials. The Component tweeters were affixed on the rear tray.

The sound output with 9 speakers (2Components, 2 Co-Axials, 4 Tweeters, 1 Bass Tube) is amazing!

Now my GA is complete in all aspects... Till the big old BUT(T) kicks in!
is remapping the ECU a good option? not too keen on it, unless I get significant results. will look at it later.

Thanks.
Old 3rd October 2014, 09:35   #89
BHPian

While driving to the office, i switched off the engine at a crossing, while keeping the music on...loud. when the signal greened, i cranked the engine, and the battery gave way! it wouldn't start. took a few tries to crank. on reaching the office, i shut off the engine and re-started it, and it cranked fine. same when returning back home, no issues on starting. however, kept the music off and got the battery checked, which had died. the voltmeter showed a power output of 8-9 when beingcranked, as compared to 11-12 when engine idling / off.
got an exide battery with 5 year warranty.
no other problem on GA.
Old 4th December 2014, 00:53   #90
BHPian

After owning the Ohc, I finally upgraded to a used 34000kms driven Ivtec 2010 vmt model crystal black. I really like the car and looks great too. Infact better than the current gen. Does any one have the official brochure of the 2010 model as I would like to go through it . Also what are the things I should look out for. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks