Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th April 2023, 14:56   #991
BHPian

Re: 1st-gen Hyundai i20 (2008 - 2014) : Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoBlip View Post
Guys, I need your help.

If any of you have any leads on where I could find such a frame, I would very much appreciate the help. I'm attaching a picture I found online for reference.

Attachment 2438382
That looks like the ICE frame of the 2013 Diesel AVN AT (Yes, they actually named it as the AVN - Audio, Video, Navigation - variant).

Since it's an OEM part, you should get it at a Hyundai MOBIS outlet. Boodmo's OEM catalogue should be able to help you with the requisite part numbers.
Old 21st April 2023, 01:20   #992
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidpunjabi View Post
That looks like the ICE frame of the 2013 Diesel AVN AT (Yes, they actually named it as the AVN - Audio, Video, Navigation - variant).

Since it's an OEM part, you should get it at a Hyundai MOBIS outlet. Boodmo's OEM catalogue should be able to help you with the requisite part numbers.
He is not looking for the OEM part. He just needs the fascia to fit the 7 inch unit. The attached picture below will show what he needs (7 inch) vs. what he is able to get (9/10 inch). The Fascia for bigger size units obstruct the AC vents and looks ugly. But with so many 9/10 inch Android Head Units in the market and customers going for bigger sizes, these fascia are easily available compared to the 7 inch units.

Quote:
Most shops are selling the 9/10" android frame with a adapter for 7" units. Now the end result in such a case would look very ugly and bulky with huge bezels all around.
Try calling Auto Planet (Bangalore) (https://www.autoplanet.net.in/) and see if they are ready to ship. I went there last year to decide for a SONY or Pioneer Android Auto unit (7 inch) and they were ready to do it (I have 2013 i20). But I dropped the plan eventually as I got a new car for highways and investing 30k in i20 did not make much sense and it will be probably sold in next 1-2 years.

If you do not get it, they are only available on AliExpress. Not sure when normal shipping to India will resume. Miss it so much.
Attached Thumbnails
1st-gen Hyundai i20 (2008 - 2014) : Review-2din.png  

Last edited by vidyanand : 21st April 2023 at 01:23.
vidyanand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2023, 20:07   #993
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidpunjabi View Post
Well, regardless of what it was called, this wouldn't have worked because it isn't exactly a double din slot which is something these Pioneer/Sony units need. This is what the stock frame looks like:

1st-gen Hyundai i20 (2008 - 2014) : Review-img20230421125949.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidyanand View Post
Try calling Auto Planet (Bangalore) (https://www.autoplanet.net.in/) and see if they are ready to ship. I went there last year to decide for a SONY or Pioneer Android Auto unit (7 inch) and they were ready to do it (I have 2013 i20). But I dropped the plan eventually as I got a new car for highways and investing 30k in i20 did not make much sense and it will be probably sold in next 1-2 years.

If you do not get it, they are only available on AliExpress. Not sure when normal shipping to India will resume. Miss it so much.
I believe I did contact them but they did not have one in stock. Anyways, I was able to source one through a local shop in Delhi. It came all the way from Mumbai and is made by a company called Global Byte. It was pricey @3K, but then I had to have it and the quality is first-rate and the color matched the stock trims too.

Had already installed Infinity components all around previously along with damping on all 4 doors, and the output is just fab and the entire thingamajig looks very stock too IMO. Here are some pictures:

1st-gen Hyundai i20 (2008 - 2014) : Review-20230421_124219.jpg

1st-gen Hyundai i20 (2008 - 2014) : Review-img20230421124426.jpg

P.S. NCR received an abrupt thundershower yesterday, hence the dirty windows. It's usually not that bad
MotoBlip is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th May 2023, 15:47   #994
BHPian

Hi guys,
My aunt has a 2013 model i20 sportz variant. Its left side mirror was recently cracked and the service centre is not giving a proper estimate on when the part will be available.

Does anyone know any good garage in kolkata that can help with the part or what to look for in boodmo or any other marketplace to get the mirror replaced?
Old 26th May 2023, 17:25   #995
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftlock View Post
Does anyone know any good garage in kolkata that can help with the part or what to look for in boodmo or any other marketplace to get the mirror replaced?
Get the part number from the service center, they will share without any question. Call few other service centers. I have seen availability vary across service centers of same dealer chain.

Once you have part number you can order on boodmo as well.

Last edited by vidyanand : 26th May 2023 at 17:26.
Old 18th August 2023, 15:36   #996
BHPian

Another milestone achieved.
My i20 crossed the 150k km this independence day. Uptill now it's been relatively trouble free. Apart from frequent spark plugs replacement (because of CNG), i haven't done anything extra. Will be servicing the car soon so might change the clutch again. Although there is no change in the performance & average (25+ km), but the clutch has become hard.
Attached Thumbnails
1st-gen Hyundai i20 (2008 - 2014) : Review-img20230817190346.jpg  

TB16 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2023, 11:58   #997
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TB16 View Post
Another milestone achieved.
My i20 crossed the 150k km this independence day.
Hi Everyone, need a little help. 5 years back my i20 at 65k km went through an entire clutch replacement. At that time i wasn't aware which all parts needed to be replaced. So i kind of approved everything which the service advisor told me. I'm attaching the bill for reference.

Now the car is at 155k km and needs another clutch overhaul. Shall i once again change everything mentioned in the bill or change only the worn out parts? Please guide 🙏
Attached Thumbnails
1st-gen Hyundai i20 (2008 - 2014) : Review-img202309211147202.jpg  

Old 21st September 2023, 12:40   #998
BHPian

Hi TB16, since the clutch has done almost 1 lakh kms, talk to your SA and get his views. If he recommends replacing only a few parts post assessment then go as per his advice.

A question - what were the circumstances that led to overhaul of the clutch assembly at 65K? Was it parts quality?

Regards
Nikhil
nsbhagwat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2023, 13:03   #999
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsbhagwat View Post
A question - what were the circumstances that led to overhaul of the clutch assembly at 65K? Was it parts quality?
Yes, parts quality is the only reason i could come up with. Infact there was a thread which was created a month back and many hyundai owners said something similar.
TB16 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2023, 05:48   #1000
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TB16 View Post
Now the car is at 155k km and needs another clutch overhaul. Shall i once again change everything mentioned in the bill or change only the worn out parts? Please guide 🙏
Some elements previously changed were not really required IMO, obviously this is considering you were not facing any drastic issues earlier. Btw 65k seems a little too soon for the 1st clutch to give up but the second one seems to have lasted you just fine.

Parts #2 & #6 don't really need a replacement unless they go bad, in most cases flywheels can be resurfaced just like disc rotors and #2 which I assume is the slave cylinder again does not need to replaced if it working fine, most common observation in case of failure is a soft/heavy clutch pedal, so if you are facing this, I would suggest getting it overhauled first since child parts are available and the kit only costs a few hundred bucks. The rest of parts replaced are pretty standard and in line with what you should expect to be billed this time around too. If you still want to go ahead with Hyundai ASS, you could consider getting an opinion/estimate from an independent workshop first so as to not expect any surprises later.
MotoBlip is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2023, 01:25   #1001

Quote:
Guys, I need your help.

Have recently bought a pioneer 7 inch unit, thanks to @himalidaa for the lead.
Hi, I have just restored my 2010 i20, and I am looking to get the HU changed to a 7” unit, could you please share the model number and your experience with the pioneer unit you have installed?

Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehillybilly View Post
Loved the roof wrap, Rohan! I also have an i20 Sportz, 2012. I am planning to add fog lamps but wanted to confirm if I need to change the front bumper? The current one has no housing for the fog lamps.
Hi, I have the 2011 i20 sports, were you able to find good fog lamps that fit the sports model?

Last edited by benbsb29 : 13th December 2023 at 04:21. Reason: Merged back-to-back posts.
Old 29th December 2023, 13:07   #1002
BHPian

A few updates on maintenance of 2012 i20 CRDI, with odo 1,30,000

Recently dashboard shows Electric power steering (EPS) system warning light, started intermittently and it was constant. Speedometer was erratic jumping between zero to the actual speed. My initial worry was EPS motor going bad. When the speedometer was showing zero, EPS motor was not working as expected - no extra weight on higher speeds and makes it very sensitive to slight turns at high speed. I got the scanning done and it was confirmed speedometer sensor was the culprit for this behaviour. Surprisingly, the sensor did not need a replacement. After cleaning the connectors it was working fine. Here is the part number in case you need a replacement.

Both RH and LH lower arms needed a replacement because the rubber parts were worn out or cracked. Front suspension started making a noise while climbing speed breakers in the city and at some bridges on the highways. We can replace the bush and individuals parts which add up to almost the same amount for a single unit.

1st-gen Hyundai i20 (2008 - 2014) : Review-img_1125.jpg

1st-gen Hyundai i20 (2008 - 2014) : Review-img_1126.jpg

1st-gen Hyundai i20 (2008 - 2014) : Review-img_1124.jpg

Clock spring was another part that needed replacement. Airbag warning light was the symptom and audio controls on the steering will not work properly.
Romins is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th April 2024, 22:21   #1003
phi
BHPian

My 2011 CRDi Diesel i20 Sportz has a pair of Bridgestone tyres in the front, and a pair of Michelins on the rear. This car has taken me one quite a few long drives over 8 years, and I have been very particular about getting good highway tyres. The tyres were last changed in 2019, before Covid. Since usage was very little after Covid, the tyres were looking quite new.

Then, in 2023, I drove from Cochin to Bangalore a few times, and the after the trips, the tyre on the left rear lost most its tread on the inside. The suspension overall is not as smooth as it was, but the rear suspension looks fine to me (no wobble or abnormal noises). Even the service advisor did not find anything substantial - he said that the wear could have been due to the age of the tyre and Michelin, being made of soft compound, does not age as well as other tyres.

Now that I have a new Kodiaq as my primary highway vehicle, the i20 is going to be used only for city duties. For now, I replaced the worn out Michelin with an old Apollo tyre which I had as spare. I was not feeling comfortable in investing in new rear tyres since I have this nagging feeling that it is not just the age of the tyre that caused the abnormal wear.

As of now, I am planning to get an independent suspension test done at MRF Tyredrome some time next week. If everything is fine, I will get a new pair of tyres for the front, and move the front tyres to the rear. The old Michelin on rear right will go to the spare and my old Apollo spare will go to into my storage dump.

Any comments or suggestions? Also, what would be a good choice of tyre if usage is primarily for short trips in the city, and a highway ride upto 100km once a month? Ride comfort on long highway rides is no longer a requirement.

Last edited by phi : 12th April 2024 at 22:21. Reason: Typo
Old 14th April 2024, 19:17   #1004
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by phi View Post
My 2011 CRDi Diesel i20 Sportz has a pair of Bridgestone tyres in the front, and a pair of Michelins on the rear. This car has taken me one quite a few long drives over 8 years, and I have been very particular about getting good highway tyres. The tyres were last changed in 2019, before Covid. Since usage was very little after Covid, the tyres were looking quite new.

Any comments or suggestions? Also, what would be a good choice of tyre if usage is primarily for short trips in the city, and a highway ride upto 100km once a month? Ride comfort on long highway rides is no longer a requirement.
Since you're no more using i20 for your highway needs, you are fine with managing with the old tyres. However, you have also quoted 100 kms highway run occasionally, so replacing the front tyres will be a safer move and wiser investment, but not in a hurry. You can take a couple of months as well. Safety First

Last edited by KarthikK : 14th April 2024 at 19:35. Reason: Fixed a couple of minor typos and trimmed the quoted post for better readability. Thanks!
Kum_CarFreak is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks