Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2012, 20:52   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Skoda Laura TSI - The Bullet

The car aside (which I am sure is a hoot to drive), What a review!!!

The effort you have put in, (painstakingly) describing every little feature, coupled with equally good photos; is so very wonderful. It was a pleasure to read. Rated a very well deserved 5 stars.

PS - I am kinda shocked that even at this price point there are no auto folding mirrors and USB available. I too do not care much for the Auto AC though.

Last edited by Urban_Nomad : 31st May 2012 at 20:55.
Old 1st June 2012, 14:56   #32
BHPian

Good you went in for the white. Looks timeless classic.

Loved your review. The way you have highlighted the finer but important points is amazing.

Drive safe.
Old 2nd June 2012, 09:17   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
I like Skoda cars and have always found them to have that Euro class and yet somehow exude purposefulness and a sort of controlled aggression.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban_Nomad View Post
PS - I am kinda shocked that even at this price point there are no auto folding mirrors and USB available. I too do not care much for the Auto AC though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by razrman View Post
Loved your review. The way you have highlighted the finer but important points is amazing.
Thank you so much. Thanks for the rating
Yes, Auto folding mirrors and USB should have been there. Till Jan 2011 or so, the Ambiente came with Auto dimming IRVM, Rain sensor and Auto headlamps and cooled glovebox but these were discontinued. That Laura would have been a better value for money.
Old 3rd June 2012, 06:48   #34
BHPian

Congratulations driveanddrive! The TSI in candy white is most definitely a head-turner.
Does the car feel composed on low speeds, say ~60-70 kmph in the 6th gear, or do you feel the need to downshift?
Happy revving and drive safe!
Old 4th June 2012, 13:23   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye1592 View Post
Does the car feel composed on low speeds, say ~60-70 kmph in the 6th gear, or do you feel the need to downshift?
There is no need to downshift from 6th gear at 70 kmph. 5th gear is good too, be it 40 or 160, no issues there.
Thank you so much.

Last edited by driveanddrive : 4th June 2012 at 13:26.
Old 3rd August 2012, 15:54   #36
Senior - BHPian

Hey driveanddrive check this pic and let me know have i done justice to the exhaust tips? Mine are bolt on and not welded.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Laura TSI - The Bullet-image1789000770.jpg  

adi_petrolhead is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th August 2012, 21:21   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
Hey driveanddrive check this pic and let me know have i done justice to the exhaust tips? Mine are bolt on and not welded.
Hi adi_petrolhead! The tips look great! Even I was going to bolt them on but the Skoda guy insisted on welding. He said bolting it on might interrupt the exhaust flow. Not sure if its logical, but went ahead with welding as it'll be better in the long run. Yours look great nevertheless

PS - Extremely sorry for the late reply.
driveanddrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2012, 11:02   #38
BHPian

Hi driveanddrive just saw this thread while browing.. Had missed it earlier. I know am a little late but congratulations for your purchase.

It is an amazing car & if my runabout was a little less &/or if the petrol prices were a little more sensible this would have been in my garage as well. While it was a long stretch for me but I went all the way to cousin Jetta which has given me immense driving pleasure in past few months.

Am sure your Laura puts a smile on your face every time you drive it. Have you done / planned any long road trips?

Drive Safe..
Old 28th August 2012, 20:36   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkaul1 View Post
While it was a long stretch for me but I went all the way to cousin Jetta which has given me immense driving pleasure in past few months.
Have you done / planned any long road trips?
Hi vkaul, thank you so much! Yes, this car is a hoot to drive and puts a wide grin on the driver's face after every drive. Haven't done/planned any long drives yet. Both me and my father are not in town. I hope I get an opportunity soon.
Congrats on your Jetta! It's a gorgeous car and I am sure superb to drive too. Love its classy looks.

Last edited by driveanddrive : 28th August 2012 at 20:38.
Old 24th September 2012, 12:41   #40

Hey...!!!

You have done a really good job of putting this review together along with the pictures...!!!

I was scouting around for a second car {preferably a second hand car} and was torn between a CIVIC and the LAURA 1.8 TSI and post reading this exhaustive and well put review {read it in the 20th of sept}... the 1st thing I did was call all my dealer "friends" and check for a little used 1.8 TSI.

And today I'm going to check out a couple of them in my neighborhood...
anu_zip is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2012, 10:25   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Hi the chrome exhuast tips looks very nice. How much did these cost you?
Shreyas Aterkar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2012, 21:04   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyas Aterkar

Hi the chrome exhuast tips looks very nice. How much did these cost you?
Hey Shreyas. Thanks. It does the job of preventing the bumper from getting smoky from the diesel fumes. And looks good while doing it. Costed 3k. Imported from China. Original Skoda accessory would be around 5k?
adi_petrolhead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2012, 16:38   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Hey Shreyas. Thanks. It does the job of preventing the bumper from getting smoky from the diesel fumes. And looks good while doing it. Costed 3k. Imported from China. Original Skoda accessory would be around 5k?
Thanks adi! I am also thinking of putting in my TSI that I will be taking delivery of after 16th oct. Skoda dealer has quoted me 4600 for the same. This is a welding one and not the bolt on one. Will negotiate with them and see what they quote. Have you installed door sills or has anyone else installed door sills? I was quoted 3.5k for non illuminated ones and approx 5k for illuminated ones.
Old 30th September 2012, 11:51   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyas Aterkar

Thanks adi! I am also thinking of putting in my TSI that I will be taking delivery of after 16th oct. Skoda dealer has quoted me 4600 for the same. This is a welding one and not the bolt on one. Will negotiate with them and see what they quote. Have you installed door sills or has anyone else installed door sills? I was quoted 3.5k for non illuminated ones and approx 5k for illuminated ones.
No i didnt get the door sills. Skoda offers it as an original accessory?
Old 13th October 2012, 00:09   #45
BHPian

Re: Final Words

Quote:
Originally Posted by driveanddrive View Post
We had ordered scuff plates but they haven't arrived as I am told. Even I did not follow up much, but they should have kept us posted.
Hey driveanddrive. Guess it never too late to join the party and congratulate one for the wonderful machine possessed. Very very comprehensive review and have already read it a few times.

I am also going to get my TSI soon, its already at the stockyard. Wanted to check with you on the scuff plates, have you got them? If yes do post some pics and also their cost. Are they illuminated ones? Dealer has quoted me ~5k for illuminated ones.

Can you also tell me the chrome exhaust tips' cost? The dealer has quoted me 4.6k for these, had asked adi as well, but his are bolt on ones. So the question to you as well.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks