Team-BHP - Skoda Laura TSI - The Bullet
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   Skoda Laura TSI - The Bullet (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/121220-skoda-laura-tsi-bullet-4.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shreyas Aterkar (Post 2931261)
Wanted to check with you on the scuff plates, have you got them? Are they illuminated ones? Dealer has quoted me ~5k for illuminated ones.
Can you also tell me the chrome exhaust tips' cost? The dealer has quoted me 4.6k for these, had asked adi as well, but his are bolt on ones.

Hi Shreyas, thank you so much!
The scuff plates never arrived, I did not follow up either, not too keen on it. IIRC, the cost of the scuff plates was around 5-6k and they were non illuminated ones.
I got the tips for Rs 3700 or so. They come in two sizes, get the one with narrower opening, it fits perfectly.

Congrats on your TSI :) Looking forward to the review and pictures!

Quote:

Originally Posted by driveanddrive (Post 2932918)
Hi Shreyas, thank you so much!
The scuff plates never arrived, I did not follow up either, not too keen on it. IIRC, the cost of the scuff plates was around 5-6k and they were non illuminated ones.
I got the tips for Rs 3700 or so. They come in two sizes, get the one with narrower opening, it fits perfectly.

Congrats on your TSI :) Looking forward to the review and pictures!

Thanks a lot! Scuff plates are with the dealer and near about the same price as you mentioned. About the chrome tips, the dealer did not mention about different sizes, he had just one kind in his accessories list for some 4.6k. Will check with him if there are different sizes he has to offer.

Will surely write a review once I get possession of the car :-). Did the PDI on saturday, taking delivery on Dasara.

Went to have a look at the Rapid recently and actully ended up liking the Laura. But the minimum is around 16-17 in Bangalore, so I wonder how you got it for 13.5?

Quote:

Originally Posted by mav2000 (Post 2933164)
Went to have a look at the Rapid recently and actully ended up liking the Laura. But the minimum is around 16-17 in Bangalore, so I wonder how you got it for 13.5?

The Petrol base one can be had for around 14-14.5L. Wait till the year end :-)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shreyas Aterkar (Post 2933011)
Will check with him if there are different sizes he has to offer.

You will be welding them, so it'll be fine.
Good luck!

Quote:

Originally Posted by mav2000 (Post 2933164)

Bangalore prices are anyways a lakh more. We got it at 13.8 OTR. As ethan said, wait till December and you will get a sweet deal. :)
Ours is Ambition, the classic is cheaper by a lakh.

Quote:

Originally Posted by driveanddrive (Post 2933385)
As ethan said, wait till December and you will get a sweet deal. :)
Ours is Ambition, the classic is cheaper by a lakh.

Just one thing, that the choice becomes limited as no new cars are being manufactured. For instance we did not get any black or beige cars since their stock was exhausted. One dealer had black in his stockyard but did not want to take risk and asked another dealer to indent a fresh one from the factory (we booked the silver colour). I was allotted a July'11 manufactured car which I refused, finally got a september'11 one but I was told that limited stock of silver cars for that month of manufacturing are available. As things stand white and silver available, better to pick one if budget permits. I preponed my decision by more than 6 months to get a hold on the 1.8 TSI. :D

Add me also to the club of TSI Ambiente owners, and in particular driven only 1500 Kms in 4 months so far.
This week, I will be going for a long drive (500 Kms each way) to Kerala.. Will post the feedback post that.
A few things I observed...

(1) Noise in the braking - When driving first time in the day it seems to be there.. and it goes away after some time....(10-15 mins or so)
(2) Auto locking of doors - Not enabled. Need to take to the dealer tomorrow to get that activated
(3) Not yet figured out how to open the fuel tank from inside.. (Filled petrol only 2-3 times so far !)

Overall, the car has been excellent.. Owned a Honda City Zx Vtech earlier.. Clear difference.. particularly in higher speeds.. (> 90)

Got the car delivered in July. The dealer (Tafe Access, Bangalore) said mine was the only petrol car in India sold, which was a 2012 model.. Interesting !! They were offering higher discounts for the 2011 version.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunith007 (Post 2940649)
Add me also to the club of TSI Ambiente owners, and in particular driven only 1500 Kms in 4 months so far.
This week, I will be going for a long drive (500 Kms each way) to Kerala.. Will post the feedback post that.

(1) Noise in the braking - When driving first time in the day it seems to be there.. and it goes away after some time....(10-15 mins or so)
(2) Auto locking of doors - Not enabled. Need to take to the dealer tomorrow to get that activated
(3) Not yet figured out how to open the fuel tank from inside.. (Filled petrol only 2-3 times so far !)

Overall, the car has been excellent.. Owned a Honda City Zx Vtech earlier.. Clear difference.. particularly in higher speeds.. (> 90)

Got the car delivered in July. The dealer (Tafe Access, Bangalore) said mine was the only petrol car in India sold, which was a 2012 model.. Interesting !! They were offering higher discounts for the 2011 version.

Congratulations and welcome to the TSi club!

1. Not sure what you mean. Please elaborate.
2. It can be activated through VAS/VCDS, doors will autolock at approx 15mph
3. Just need to unlock the doors, the fuel lid can be opened by pushing it. Its the same with the boot.

Sorry but I am not sure about your car being the only 2012 TSi model in India, I have a friend with a 2012 VRS model.

Quote:

Hi sunith007 and welcome to the TSI club :)

The brakes have a tendency to develop a coat of rust after a drive on wet roads and if not driven for a few days after that. When the brake pads rub against this it makes a slight grinding noise. THe rust peels off after you apply the brakes for the first time. The brakes will be back to normal after that.

Enabling autolock will lock the doors automatically once you cross 15 kmph. I have got it enabled in my car.

Hit the unlock button next to the gear lever. It locks all the doors, bootlid and the fuel lid. Open the fuel lid after that by pressing its door. Conversely hitting the lock button locks everything including the fuel lid.

Drive safe and do post a detailed review.

Quote:

Add me also to the club of TSI Ambiente owners.
Got the car delivered in July. The dealer (Tafe Access, Bangalore) said mine was the only petrol car in India sold, which was a 2012 model.

Congratulations sunith007! As said by robi above, auto lock can be easily enabled by VCDS. Doors will auto lock at 15kmph.

About the brakes, happens with me too and it is because of rusting. Agree to what santosh said. Don't worry about it.
Welcome to the club! We want pictures and a review :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by robimahanta (Post 2940938)
Sorry but I am not sure about your car being the only 2012 TSi model in India, I have a friend with a 2012 VRS model.

I think he meant the Ambiente TSI, not the vRS. So it might be true.

Quote:

Congratulations and welcome to the club. This car is fantastic and will bring a lot of smile and grin as you crunch those miles away.

Quite simply Tafe might have exaggerated the truth, I saw a black vRS in TAFE when i went there 2 weeks ago, the 2012 model. They apparently started getting the deliveries recently. From what I could work out, the interiors were different, carbon fiberish interior stickering instead of brushed aluminium.

Congratulations once again, and drive safe!

Fantastic review. Very well written and superb pictures. I had always drooled over TSI but never gathered the courage to make one mine after going through the ghastly reviews Skoda has earned for itself.

Wish you a great ownership experience and least workshop/service station visits.

Keep firing the meanie bullet :)

Cheers !

I know this is an old thread but didnt see anything else on the Tsi where I could post my query.

Currently looking at a pre-owned 2 year old Laura Tsi for 8.75L mumbai registered done less than 15K kms. Is this a good price for it.

Also what kind of FE can I expect. Car will be primarily driver driven by a very sedate driver.

Quote:

Originally Posted by wysiwyg25 (Post 3250120)
I know this is an old thread but didnt see anything else on the Tsi where I could post my query. Currently looking at a pre-owned 2 year old Laura Tsi for 8.75L mumbai registered done less than 15K kms. Is this a good price for it. Also what kind of FE can I expect. Car will be primarily driver driven by a very sedate driver.

i think its a pretty good price, but bring it down to 8 lacs flat if you can. FE could be in the range of 12.5-13 km/l if driven carefully, that means a lot of coasting and no red lining!

Quote:

Originally Posted by wysiwyg25 (Post 3250120)
I know this is an old thread but didnt see anything else on the Tsi where I could post my query.

Currently looking at a pre-owned 2 year old Laura Tsi for 8.75L mumbai registered done less than 15K kms. Is this a good price for it.

Also what kind of FE can I expect. Car will be primarily driver driven by a very sedate driver.

This post should probably be in the used car price check thread.

15k kms is nothing for the Laura. It should be as good as new unless the owner has thrashed it around. The price is good considering the owner would have paid close to 14L OTR in Mumbai. Difficult to set price benchmarks for rare cars like the TSI. For us Bangaloreans 8.75L looks like a great deal!

In crawling traffic don't expect anything more than 7~8 kmpl. It can fall to 6 even if you end up idling a lot with AC on. If the car is on the move most of the time and you drive sedately and in right gears, it can easily deliver 12 kmpl + within the city . On highways the FE rarely falls below 10 even you're flooring it. At a steady 90~ 100 kph on a smooth highway 15 or 16 kmpl is not an exaggeration.