Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2013, 20:06   #61
Team-BHP Support

Re: Skoda Laura TSI - The Bullet

Quote:
Originally Posted by wysiwyg25 View Post
I know this is an old thread but didnt see anything else on the Tsi where I could post my query.

Currently looking at a pre-owned 2 year old Laura Tsi for 8.75L mumbai registered done less than 15K kms. Is this a good price for it.

Also what kind of FE can I expect. Car will be primarily driver driven by a very sedate driver.
8.75 is a decent deal. Try pushing a slight bit lower, if possible.

In Mumbai traffic expect no more than 7-7.5 if you are lucky. When the traffic is moving and not bumper to bumper expect around 8-8.5.

On a highway driving sedately at 100kmph will get you 15-16kmpl.
Old 5th December 2014, 22:28   #62
BHPian

Re: Final Words

Quote:
Originally Posted by driveanddrive View Post
The only thing I am concerned about is the AC. I will take the car to the service centre this week and check.
Hi driveanddrive,

Hope you are having fun with your car. Did your AC issue get resolved?

I'm considering a used Laura Tsi, and, have only heard two issues: Oil-consumption and AC performance. Your feedback about these would be a great help.

Cheers,
Su-47
Old 6th December 2014, 02:56   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Su-47 View Post
Hi driveanddrive,

Hope you are having fun with your car. Did your AC issue get resolved?

I'm considering a used Laura Tsi, and, have only heard two issues: Oil-consumption and AC performance. Your feedback about these would be a great help.

Cheers,
Su-47
Oil is really no big deal, the appetite seems to reduce post 20k kms. Besides, its simple to top of and the car does come a 'warning' light (not the 'red' - you are out of oil and you are doomed light, but a 'yellow' oil's low open up your bonnet light)

AC in Bangalore has been very satisfactory in my opinion, I have also used the car to travel to multiple places with in South India and I have been very satisfied with the cooling power. Its no Antartica, but its extremely effective in my opinion.
azeemhafiz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2014, 11:56   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeemhafiz View Post
AC in Bangalore has been very satisfactory in my opinion, I have also used the car to travel to multiple places with in South India and I have been very satisfied with the cooling power. Its no Antartica, but its extremely effective in my opinion.
Thanks azeemhafiz! Btw, how is the low end torque, and how easy or difficult it is to drive in bumper to bumper traffic? Being a bangalorean, I'm sure you would know about the nasty traffic near ecospace on ORR. Unfortunately, that forms a part of my daily commute. In this traffic, I found civic to be somewhat painful, while corolla was a breeze. Is the laura-Tsi somewhere in the middle?

I'm liking whatever I've heard about this car so far. I guess it is time to prepare myself to deal with unrealistic price expectations for used cars in Bangalore.
Old 6th December 2014, 16:33   #65
BHPian

Re: Skoda Laura TSI - The Bullet

Hi Su-47,
AC, I would say is mediocre. More so because in Nagpur, it gets too hot in the peak season. It takes time to cool the whole cabin. Cooling is effective in the remaining seasons of the year, but not in the Nagpur summer.
Low end torque is good and it is certainly driveable in B2B traffic. You'll have to get used to the clutch though, as even the finest drivers stall the skoda!
driveanddrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2014, 23:23   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Su-47 View Post
Thanks azeemhafiz! Btw, how is the low end torque, and how easy or difficult it is to drive in bumper to bumper traffic? Being a bangalorean, I'm sure you would know about the nasty traffic near ecospace on ORR. Unfortunately, that forms a part of my daily commute. In this traffic, I found civic to be somewhat painful, while corolla was a breeze. Is the laura-Tsi somewhere in the middle?

I'm liking whatever I've heard about this car so far. I guess it is time to prepare myself to deal with unrealistic price expectations for used cars in Bangalore.
I dealt with ORR Ecospace for a huge part of my commute and found it easier to live with and deal with more than the Swift. You just get used to leaving it in neutral for a bit. Its a lot lot easier than either of them.

Beware of second hand market especially dealers, there were a couple of vRS's that were erstwhile total losses.
azeemhafiz is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed