Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th June 2012, 21:51   #16
BHPian

Re: 2012 Maruti Swift ZDi : Generation Gap realized

@saurabhdadhici
Congrats on the new Swift. I had booked the red too but ended with a torque blue as it was available earlier.

@CLIX
Welcome to the torque blue club and thats a good deal you got on the tyres. couldn't get C -drives lower than 5.3k in Chennai and even the a-drives costed me Rs.4.9k. How do you find the ride comfort and handling?
Sridhar K is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th June 2012, 22:27   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhdadhichi View Post
Heartiest Congratulations Buddy! Just Enjoy the car as you will get used to the way this car behaves and responds do share more on your driving experience.
-- Thanks saurabhdadhichi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuel_addict View Post
Congrats on the new car. Torque blue looks good on a very torquey car. You can just release the clutch in 1st gear and the car will roll forward without any acceleration. You might have figured that out by now. Turbo lag below 2K rpm is a common trait for all diesel cars except the Micra/Pulse/Fiesta. Just a matter of getting used to it.
-- fuel_addict Thanks! You are right!... the 1st gear needs "no gas"; hmmm, 135km till now - yet to get used to the lag. But the torque past 2K revs is pretty exhilarating

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sridhar K View Post
@saurabhdadhici
Congrats on the new Swift. I had booked the red too but ended with a torque blue as it was available earlier.
-- Thanks Sridhar! I opted for the T Blue - am happy with it - also had a "teflon" treatment done; supposed to enhance sheen and reduce fading - lets see.

@CLIX Welcome to the torque blue club and thats a good deal you got on the tyres. couldn't get C -drives lower than 5.3k in Chennai and even the a-drives costed me Rs.4.9k. How do you find the ride comfort and handling?
-- Thanks ! The ride, well - I am yet to get a real feel on the highway. I thought the ride softened up a bit as soon as I moved from the MRF to the Yokos; OR am I just imagining. But I like them, from what I have read form the various reviews!!
Old 7th June 2012, 01:02   #18
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the new Swift. How's the space on rear seats, Can 3 adults sit comfortably (according to hatchback standards)?
Anand123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2012, 07:48   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anand123 View Post
Congrats on the new Swift. How's the space on rear seats, Can 3 adults sit comfortably (according to hatchback standards)?
Thanks Anand123! Thoroughly enjoying the moment

To your question : "hatchback standards" seems to be the key words! Yes - by hatchback standards...
If I might say - 3 good friends would find the back seat totally comfy; 3 strangers might like a little more "clearance"!
Just enough place for 3. Long journey?... I would not have 3 people there.
Old 7th June 2012, 18:54   #20
BHPian

Hi Saurabhdadhici !

Congrats for your new car. Wish you miles of enjoyable ride in your new car with lot of smiles. By the way, while your car haunt any reasons for not considering Micra-diesel & face lifted i-20 CRDI.

Thanks
Old 9th June 2012, 22:32   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLIX
Just back from the Tyre change-

- Traded in OEM MRFs - 2.5k each.
- Replaced with Yoko C Drives - 195/60 15 - 4.8k
[this is in BLR - New BEL Rd.] - am wondering what the actual rate is, looking at the way this guy dropped from 5.3 to 4.8
Congrats on the shoes change for your car! Is the ride more comfortable and less noise filtering in the cabin? MRF is noisy at high speeds is what I have noticed on long drives but it is also attributed because of partial cladding in wheel well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sridhar K
@saurabhdadhici
Congrats on the new Swift. I had booked the red too but ended with a torque blue as it was available
Hi Sridhar,Blue is great color as well. By the way color won't matter much after all most of the time you will be in the driving seat so car should be an out an out drivers car which is Swift for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitta Pradhan
Hi Saurabhdadhici !

Congrats for your new car. Wish you miles of enjoyable ride in your new car with lot of smiles. By the way, while your car haunt any reasons for not considering Micra-diesel & face lifted i-20 CRDI.

Thanks
Thanks Chitta Pradhan!

Face lifted i20 was not launched by the time I had booked and micra Diesel was not quite a choice for me mainly because of its dated looks and interiors not to my taste.
saurabhdadhichi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2012, 11:36   #22
BHPian

Noise in the cabin due to the new tyre - I'll keep you poseted after the first highway drive
Just done 300km - plan to wrap up the 1500km atleast before revving up.
About the partial cladding in the wheel well - has anyone tried some fix outside of MASS? Wondering if its worth trying out.
Old 16th June 2012, 18:29   #23
BHPian

@saurabh, I would like to know whether you have test driven the new i20 crdi and how it matches up to the zdi. I have posted the same question to geeash as well, another zdi owner on the forum, as I feel you guys would be more competent to answer my queries regarding the two cars
Old 17th June 2012, 22:29   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLIX
Noise in the cabin due to the new tyre - I'll keep you poseted after the first highway drive
Just done 300km - plan to wrap up the 1500km atleast before revving up.
About the partial cladding in the wheel well - has anyone tried some fix outside of MASS? Wondering if its worth trying out.
I have not heard of any fix as yet for partial cladding. Let's keep an eye around and update each other whenever we can find one because that will surely help cut down noise filtering into cabin at high speeds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suv100
@saurabh, I would like to know whether you have test driven the new i20 crdi and how it matches up to the zdi. I have posted the same question to geeash as well, another zdi owner on the forum, as I feel you guys would be more competent to answer my queries regarding the two cars
SUV100 it depends on what is your driving style and most of the time where do you drive.

Swift is any day better on highway when it comes to high speed stability and handling, while i20 is any day better in terms of premium feel it has and also the ease of driving in city due to wide gear ratios and ultra light steering wheel. So you have option to pick and choose. If you have further query please shoot.
saurabhdadhichi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th June 2012, 18:33   #25
BHPian

Thanks saurabh for your reply. My driving will mostly be within city limits. Highway driving speed is usually limited to 80-100 kmph as the roads are really twisty and windy; those who have driven through Calicut-Malappuram-thrissur belt would know.
Old 18th June 2012, 20:34   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suv100
Thanks saurabh for your reply. My driving will mostly be within city limits. Highway driving speed is usually limited to 80-100 kmph as the roads are really twisty and windy; those who have driven through Calicut-Malappuram-thrissur belt would know.
Then it may not be a bad idea to test drive yourself both the cars in the same stretch and make up your mind. Looking at the petrol prices would recommend diesel car. Also I am sure family would also play an important part in making the choice so take them as well on the test drive and ask their advice as well. All the best for your hunt.
Old 19th May 2013, 20:42   #27
BHPian

Update on My Maruti Swift ZDI 2012 after quite some gap:

Kilometers clocked:
15300 Kms

Servicing done:
5000 Kms Servicing
10000 Kms Servicing

Extra fitments done:
Parrot’s Bluetooth (Cost roughly 80 Euros)
Blue Lit Door Sill Plates (Rupees 2000)
Seat Covers (Approx. 5000)

Accident:
Scrapped driver side front bumper, Front right fender, Driver Door, Right Rear door, Right Quarter back and driver side back lights. Luckily and by grace of God no one was hurt. All the damage was repaired at a cost of Rs 15000 which was taken care of by Insurance Company and Lease Plan. So net financial impact for me was Zero but the paint work has been shoddy and shall be complaining the service centre next time I send the car for servicing.

Drive-ability:
Car is fun to drive and is capable of keeping the driver engaged. Only grudge I have is with puny boot space. Earlier I used to keep some of the luggage at the rear seat but that will not work anymore because I have now two baby car seats at the rear for my daughters and after that there is hardly any space left at the back.

Noise Level:
Long drive is quite fun with the car although speeds beyond 120 Kmph, lot of noise filters through tyres in the car cabin (This is because of partial cladding done by Maruti in the wheel well). However driving in city, car’s NVH are well controlled as compared to previous generation Swift.

Tyres:
Swift with 185/65 R15 Profile tyres screaming every time I take it through very sharp curves, makes me feel they are not fit adequately for it. An upgrade would really be nice to 195 Profile but is not on the cards at the moment.

Front Wind Shield:
Got a nice crack which has started emerging from driver’s side after car got hit by stone hurled from car in front of me. Is it only me or others have also faced this not sure but everytime I have taken the new swift on highway drive I always have got small stones getting hurled onto my windscreen. I can count the instance to be atleast 10-15 times already while with my earlier Swift it had never happened. Still trying to figure out what I can do besides driving at a much longer gap between me and the vehicle infront of me.

Driving Comfort:
Long drives has been comfortable and not much to complain about. Although would have loved to have arm rest that could make the journey even more comfortable.

For now this is it. More to come…..
Old 20th March 2015, 17:58   #28
BHPian

An interesting reply from lease plan for my Maruti Swift claims that Cabin Filter doesn't come as OE fitment in Maruti Vehicles. Is this really true? Can some one help in knowing what is the clear picture with respect to this?
Old 20th March 2015, 18:06   #29
BHPian

For the Swift the Cabin filter does not come as standard but can be fitted at the a.s.s.
Costs 350 for the filter and 100 odd as labor

But what's that got to do with lease plan?
Old 20th March 2015, 18:28   #30
BHPian

Hi Saurabh
Came across your thread today. Regarding bluetooth, there is a plug n play device available at maruti showrooms which connects to the headunit of Zdi version. You get the call through front speakers with music getting paused automatically. Costs around 3000 rs. I have it in my 2013 swift. Works beautifully.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks