Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th July 2012, 17:24   #16
BHPian

Re: Stig gets Brio'ed! Red Honda Brio SMT (O)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumannandy View Post
Congratulations on your car. The car looks beautiful with the LEDs.

Do post your experience with defogger installation, in case you go for it.
Thank you
I have it planned somewhere around September, when a friend returns from the States.

Request the gurus for suggestion on how to retrofit claddings on the rear wheel arches ? It seems there are openings on the rear wheel arch to take a cladding, and Honda A.S.S doesn't have the parts. Can I shoehorn another cars cladding into the Brio ?
Old 6th July 2012, 20:24   #17
BHPian

Update:
Last few days I have been on a Drive as you wish mode while returning from office, and the FE has dipped to about 13.9 km/l. The ECO indicator at times goes nuts and lights up even when I am doing 100 kp/h in 4th gear, and doesnt light up when i am doing 50 kp/h in the same.

Couple of pics this time.
Pic -1 the Switch for LED DRLs, i modified the existing blank switch to accept a simple 2-way on off switch.

Pic-2
Of the boot showing the space.

Pic -3
Mild offroading

Finally my custom made red/black art seat covers have arrived in Hyderabad.Will put up the interior pics later this weekend after these are installed.
Attached Thumbnails
Stig gets Brio'ed! Red Honda Brio SMT (O)-tbhp0002.jpg  

Stig gets Brio'ed! Red Honda Brio SMT (O)-tbhp0003.jpg  

Stig gets Brio'ed! Red Honda Brio SMT (O)-tbhp0004.jpg  

Stig gets Brio'ed! Red Honda Brio SMT (O)-tbhp001.jpg  

Last edited by adityasiera : 6th July 2012 at 20:27.
adityasiera is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2012, 18:15   #18
BHPian

Congrats on the buy Aditya. Read your ownership review today.

Nice buy and a very attractive color. Brio looks best in this color in my opinion.

Mileage numbers on the highway are impressive. Put up some shots of the new seat covers.
Old 13th July 2012, 22:20   #19
BHPian

Congrats Nice buy aditya from one proud owner to another lol....well i have been looking for the defogger and the original fog lamps for my 1.2SMT and in case you do intend to get one for yourself please let me know if it is effective...as well i am putting up the picture of the rear boot guard which i feel 1 thing Every Brio Owner should get as mine had started to get a lot of scratches and I really needed to contain the damage...
Another thing i wanted to ask is when the guy at Honda told you they re mapped the ECM what changes did they make???
Cheers and congratulations again!!
Attached Thumbnails
Stig gets Brio'ed! Red Honda Brio SMT (O)-imag0146.jpg  

Old 14th July 2012, 09:22   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gauravdgr8 View Post
Congrats on the buy Aditya. Read your ownership review today.

Nice buy and a very attractive color. Brio looks best in this color in my opinion.

Mileage numbers on the highway are impressive. Put up some shots of the new seat covers.
Thank you bro, I will put up the pics later today.A slightly lighter foor on the throttle sees the in-city figure hover around 15+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanboy View Post
Congrats Nice buy aditya from one proud owner to another lol....well i have been looking for the defogger and the original fog lamps for my 1.2SMT and in case you do intend to get one for yourself please let me know if it is effective...as well i am putting up the picture of the rear boot guard which i feel 1 thing Every Brio Owner should get as mine had started to get a lot of scratches and I really needed to contain the damage...
Another thing i wanted to ask is when the guy at Honda told you they re mapped the ECM what changes did they make???
Cheers and congratulations again!!
Congratulations bro.whats the mileage you have done on your car? here is a link to install the fogs. (again made in thailand).

well the Honda guys told me that they have retuned the ECM to deliver better low end, and the car picks up (from 5km/h) in 2nd gear, with A/C on.

HondaBrio Fog
The page is in thai language, use google chrome to translate it to english

i will keep you posted about the defogger installation.

cheers,
adi

Last edited by adityasiera : 14th July 2012 at 09:26.
Old 14th July 2012, 09:58   #21
BHPian

Congrats aditya! happy mile crunching.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanboy View Post
... i am putting up the picture of the rear boot guard which i feel 1 thing Every Brio Owner should get as mine had started to get a lot of scratches and I really needed to contain the damage...
From your pics, Kanboy, that appears to be the rear cargo protector. Useful, in that it prevents the paint in the area from wearing/chipping off when you load/unload stuff into the boot. Wonder why they didn't include it as a regular thing in all variants. Cost cutting? Don't think so! Come to think of it, it only costs three to four hundred rupees.
Old 14th July 2012, 23:46   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowlFlap View Post
Congrats aditya! happy mile crunching.

From your pics, Kanboy, that appears to be the rear cargo protector. Useful, in that it prevents the paint in the area from wearing/chipping off when you load/unload stuff into the boot. Wonder why they didn't include it as a regular thing in all variants. Cost cutting? Don't think so! Come to think of it, it only costs three to four hundred rupees.
Brother apologies it is the Cargo Protector and it is for Rs 650 at the Showroom itself and the only accessory i got ). Honda has developed a good product but as you said too much of cost cutting has taken place specially in the front inside door panel. I bought this car purely because of the ENGINE!!!!Man and its peppy...
Kanboy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2012, 00:09   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adityasiera View Post
Congratulations bro.whats the mileage you have done on your car?
I have done almost 2300 kms...Btw why did you pay Rs.45 for your 1st service??? I didn't have to pay anything and the windscreen lube is complementary...

Quote:
here is a link to install the fogs. (again made in thailand). well the Honda guys told me that they have retuned the ECM to deliver better low end, and the car picks up (from 5km/h) in 2nd gear, with A/C on.
I will surely check them out, but i found myself one on alibaba and he wants $40 for them but am not sure if this deal includes the OEM Dashboard On/Off Switch
Old 15th July 2012, 08:37   #24
BANNED

That is a Great Honda you've got. Also good that you went with the safety features..always good to have them.
BTW, on the defroster DIY, i read in some places that the Rear windscreens that come fitted with defoggers are made more rigid than their normal counterparts( to withstand the heat stress). Wouldn't doing a DIY damage the rear windscreen?
Actually i also want to install a defogger in my Spark.
Old 17th July 2012, 23:20   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
That is a Great Honda you've got. Also good that you went with the safety features..always good to have them.
BTW, on the defroster DIY, i read in some places that the Rear windscreens that come fitted with defoggers are made more rigid than their normal counterparts( to withstand the heat stress). Wouldn't doing a DIY damage the rear windscreen?
Actually i also want to install a defogger in my Spark.
You are correct, however the Brio's rear hatch/glass is ultra toughened.I am sure about the defrost kit.Not sure about the Spark though.

Today I found an intresting looking rear spoiler, that could in turn facilitate a rear wiper. What say Brio owners ?
Attached Images

Old 18th July 2012, 12:03   #26
BHPian

Quote:
You are correct
Congrats! I too bought the same one! Have a safe drive and keep updating.
Thilak29 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2012, 19:09   #27
BHPian

Re: 1000 KM Update

Quote:
10.Stock sound system doubles up as Android phone charger
Am curious to know how?
Old 19th July 2012, 02:18   #28
BHPian

Re: 1000 KM Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thilak29 View Post
Am curious to know how?
I used this cable to connect my Xperia to the music system, and it charges the phone too

adityasiera is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2012, 12:51   #29
BHPian

I too have booked same car. On the road price is Rs.5.72 lakh. I am expecting the delivery on 12th August.

I have a doubt, if we add additional lamps at dashboard and boot won't it cause to void the warranty of the car..?
Old 1st August 2012, 13:55   #30
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxTorque View Post
... if we add additional lamps at dashboard and boot won't it cause to void the warranty of the car..?
Honda are more finicky that the erst. Why not talk to the dealer, and maybe get him to do the additions. Today LED lights are not that expensive and draw nearly zero current.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks