Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st August 2012, 19:47   #31
BHPian

Re: Stig gets Brio'ed! Red Honda Brio SMT (O)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxTorque View Post
I too have booked same car. On the road price is Rs.5.72 lakh. I am expecting the delivery on 12th August.

I have a doubt, if we add additional lamps at dashboard and boot won't it cause to void the warranty of the car..?
Congratulations.

As long as you dont touch the factory wiring, and properly ground your new bulbs, you are good.
adityasiera is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2012, 18:09   #32
BHPian

2500 km update.
She crossed 2500 km last night, few updates.

1. FE has been in the range of 13.4 to 15 (95% city driving in non-peak hour traffic).
2. The driver seat belt clip has developed an irritating rattle.
3. 2 Small rubber door stoppers have fallen out.
4. There is a distinct vibration from the driver side door, while playing bass heavy songs.
Old 28th August 2012, 12:44   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adityasiera View Post
2500 km update.

1. FE has been in the range of 13.4 to 15 (95% city driving in non-peak hour traffic).
4. There is a distinct vibration from the driver side door, while playing bass heavy songs.
Aditya,

I took the delivery of the car, the best fuel efficiency I obsreved is 12.5kmpl. Have you noticed when ( vehicle speed/rpm) the Eco lamp comes in each gear..?
Old 28th August 2012, 13:57   #34
BANNED

@MaxTorque; Looking at the consumption figures before 5000km is no go. Also, you will see the bulk of the improvement in the first 1000 or so.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2012, 14:05   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxTorque View Post
Aditya,

I took the delivery of the car, the best fuel efficiency I obsreved is 12.5kmpl. Have you noticed when ( vehicle speed/rpm) the Eco lamp comes in each gear..?
Congratulations bro. Waiting for your report on delivery and initial experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
@MaxTorque; Looking at the consumption figures before 5000km is no go. Also, you will see the bulk of the improvement in the first 1000 or so.
Sirjee nailed the point realistically don't expect the car to give more than that during the initial 1000 kms at least.

The ECO light is dependent on 3 things.
1.Throttle input.
2.Engine load
3.RPM

If you use a very light right foot, then you can expect the eco light to show around 1300 rpm to 1850 rpm in 2nd, 3rd and 4th.

as long as you keep the right foot light, you can do 120 in 5th in ECO (~3.8k rpm)
adityasiera is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2012, 15:07   #36
BANNED

Your right foot is very important. I get better consumption figures from my Santro and the Civic (both AT) than any other family member just due to this.
Old 28th August 2012, 16:09   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Your right foot is very important. I get better consumption figures from my Santro and the Civic (both AT) than any other family member just due to this.
Somehow that green thing has installed this bug in my operating system to drive with a light right foot, as i keep on challegning myself to keep it in the green zone

I am gasoline junkie for sure (rd350/Suzuki Shogun/Esteem Vxi), still i hardly try to guzzle gas when i am driving the brio.
Old 1st September 2012, 17:29   #38
BHPian

It is a saturday and quite a good one at that. Why not celebrate the weekend by having a small club meet. So the Hyderabad Brio Club met for the first time..
Attached Thumbnails
Stig gets Brio'ed! Red Honda Brio SMT (O)-brio00001.jpg  

Stig gets Brio'ed! Red Honda Brio SMT (O)-brio00002.jpg  

Stig gets Brio'ed! Red Honda Brio SMT (O)-brio00003.jpg  

Stig gets Brio'ed! Red Honda Brio SMT (O)-brio00010.jpg  

Stig gets Brio'ed! Red Honda Brio SMT (O)-brio00009.jpg  

Stig gets Brio'ed! Red Honda Brio SMT (O)-brio00012.jpg  

Last edited by adityasiera : 1st September 2012 at 17:42.
adityasiera is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st September 2012, 18:18   #39
BHPian

Hey congrats on your Brio buddy! I'v been dreaming about this car ever since it was launched! brilliant packaging, great to drive and just has so much character! I just love small hatchbacks over sedans any day! Esp in the city!

And you are getting pretty good FE compared to what few others are getting (as posted on the Brio review thread!). These figures are almost comparable to my Alto!!!!

Also how is the low end? Some have also commented that its better than Jazz but not that great. IS it true they have remapped the ECU?

Cos if both the things are true i'm going to the Honda showroom right now!!!

Hehe. Any ways congrats again! Cheers. Have fun in your new Brio!!
Old 2nd September 2012, 15:51   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adityasiera View Post
2500 km update.

Have you experienced a Jazz. Both are having the same engine with Honda's reliability. Other than space what are the areas where Jazz scores over Brio, like sound proofing inside the cabin, quality of materials etc. ??
Old 3rd September 2012, 13:57   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumpingheart View Post
Hey congrats on your Brio buddy! I'v been dreaming about this car ever since it was launched! brilliant packaging, great to drive and just has so much character! I just love small hatchbacks over sedans any day! Esp in the city!

And you are getting pretty good FE compared to what few others are getting (as posted on the Brio review thread!). These figures are almost comparable to my Alto!!!!

Also how is the low end? Some have also commented that its better than Jazz but not that great. IS it true they have remapped the ECU?

Cos if both the things are true i'm going to the Honda showroom right now!!!

Hehe. Any ways congrats again! Cheers. Have fun in your new Brio!!
Thank you for the wishes my friend.
Yes, I am getting the above mentioned fuel efficiency, the key here is to understand how the new L12-B engine works. With a light right foot you get damn decent efficiency.
The low end is better than Jazz, you can roll of the speed breaker even with second gear without slipping clutch.

I would suggest you to wait a bit, till Diwali atleast so that you could get a factory approved lpg/cng kit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitta Pradhan View Post
Have you experienced a Jazz. Both are having the same engine with Honda's reliability. Other than space what are the areas where Jazz scores over Brio, like sound proofing inside the cabin, quality of materials etc. ??
Jazz base model costs about 1L more than the SMT(O) that i got. This difference is definitely visible in the way Jazz interior is put together. Had i had the budget, i would have plonked that extra khokha to go for the jazz. Not to mention that Jazz is not restricted to 145, we have taken a friends Jazz to more than 165 on the speedo.

Question for gurus - The moment Odo reading went to 3100 km, i think some robot sent some signal to the gearbox robot to smoothen.. bang and the shifts are butter smooth now. Its driving me crazy that how sudden this changes seem to appear. 500 kms, bang the engine had become smooth. now the GB.. do they have some controller somewhere ??

Last edited by adityasiera : 3rd September 2012 at 14:04.
Old 3rd September 2012, 18:43   #42
BHPian

Quote:
I would suggest you to wait a bit, till Diwali atleast so that you could get a factory approved lpg/cng kit.
That would be perfect! Lets see what happens Cheers
thumpingheart is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2012, 16:44   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitta Pradhan View Post
The jazz scores over the brio in various areas.

1) it is more practical. The brio is not great for 4 plus luggage. At best 2 Plus luggage. Essentially a bigger version of say an alto.

2) the interior packaging (magic seats) means you can have various configurations for carrying luggage and people.

3) it is a lot more comfortable on bad roads and on the highway at speed.

4) the jazz has more goodies on offer in the top end versions. Don't have the brochures anymore or would give you specifics.

5) the jazz can serve as the one family car for all occasions. It is hard to say that about the brio
pganapathy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2012, 21:04   #44
BHPian

Quote:
I would suggest you to wait a bit, till Diwali
Finally my time has come! Finally gonna book my Brio tomorrow, getting a crazy deal! Just wanted to ask you, can you throw some light on the service costs for your car? I know Honda is pretty VFM, but just to be sure?

Thanks man. Waiting for reply.

P.S. - Excited as SH*T!!
Old 26th December 2012, 22:03   #45
BHPian

hey aditya...I hope you are enjoying the Brio as much as I am, neways i thought should share a few updates about the brio with you after a little while driving it about 6000kms.
Now I have a few issues:
1. I too have started to get the crackling noise from the front left seat buckel and from the front right side of the bashboard which is very annoying and is bothering me.
2. My a.c vent's air flow directional change switch is getting hard and stiff when trying to put the front defogger on by rotating it, have to consult the company soon
3. AND MAJOR one is with downshifting from 3rd to the 2nd, I have to yank it a little like 2 to 3 times before it gets into 2nd, I have never had this problem with my Honda City type II as am sure Honda makes good Transmission, so when i asked the service advisor he said its because the car is new, somehow doesn't seem like a logical answer.
4. My rear right wheel has started wobbling maybe because of a bad wheel balancing.

Recently i got an average of 18.9 km/L, from tank full to tank full instead of looking at the digital meter, which am quite happy about...
I also received my fog lamps from China and it as the entire package like the lamps, plastic front covers, iring and the Sitch. costed me $100 including shipping. Today i installed the entire thing ith a help of a electrician and man what a feeling, posting the pictures along.
Cheers
Attached Thumbnails
Stig gets Brio'ed! Red Honda Brio SMT (O)-img20121129wa0000.jpg  

Stig gets Brio'ed! Red Honda Brio SMT (O)-20121226_185654.jpg  

Stig gets Brio'ed! Red Honda Brio SMT (O)-imag0558.jpg  

Stig gets Brio'ed! Red Honda Brio SMT (O)-20121226_185224.jpg  

Stig gets Brio'ed! Red Honda Brio SMT (O)-2imag0559.jpg  

Stig gets Brio'ed! Red Honda Brio SMT (O)-2imag0555.jpg  

Stig gets Brio'ed! Red Honda Brio SMT (O)-2imag0556.jpg  

Stig gets Brio'ed! Red Honda Brio SMT (O)-21.jpg  

Kanboy is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed