Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th June 2012, 18:31   #16
BHPian

re: Tata Safari 2.2 Vtt Quartz Black: Aka "The Truck". Now with Racedynamics install

Excellent car you have there. Wish you many miles of happy motoring. I'm sure you have a lot more photographs up your sleeve and I'm waiting to see them.
simpleman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2012, 19:48   #17
BHPian

re: Tata Safari 2.2 Vtt Quartz Black: Aka "The Truck". Now with Racedynamics install

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish View Post
So at last the ownership thread is here. Congratulations on getting the TRUCK IN BLACk. Wish you millions of safe miles with this truck.

Nice average you are getting with such a 2 BHK on wheels.
Yup i did get a very good deal for the alloys , The average should stay in that range hopefully the truck is on Home brew Diesel Cant go wrong with Ghar ka ghee.

Got the seat covers from their branch at karol bagh for 8800/- the chap came to fit them at my place will post the pics tommorow, Well the Fender mirror is only made for the left side and covers the left fender and the front as well pretty usefull i say

The Gear lock was from Autocop for 900 bucks same was being offered at Rama motors for 3000/- lol and people call Pump owners Cheats lol.

The 3 d mats are from a company called star mats dont remember exactly but i guess they were roughly around 3000/- will check again though.

Budget isnt a problem the only thing is i need to find out where to get the carryboy type of bull bar in delhi from as i plan to mount a pair of hella's there as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ameaa View Post
Congrats.. Those alloys really look macho! Be careful with the beast on wet roads. Behaves little unpredictable. ABS is a real must on this. I went by the interiors and bought EX but i strongly feel I should have gone for GX. Happy Motoring.
I honestly felt that the price difference in the gx and lx was not justified i will find a wor around for the brakes hopefully have them upgraded in the future as i plan to put in a tuning box in a couple o0f months

Quote:
Originally Posted by ameaa View Post
Turning 180 degree is scary and may not be normal though i never tried this on my beast. Please have it checked, you might have some locking brakes.
Practicing downshifting gears while braking keeps the beast in good control even at high speeds.
Yes gear down shifting is a good way of braking but on the highways when you are at 100+ and have to brake instantly thats what worries me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsp View Post
8.7 is an sweet deal boss!! congratulations on the truck.

Are those alloys OEM? Came with the truck? You mention getting new rubber on the rims.
NO the alloys arent OEM got them added on the next day when i changed the tyres as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by simpleman View Post
Excellent car you have there. Wish you many miles of happy motoring. I'm sure you have a lot more photographs up your sleeve and I'm waiting to see them.
Yes sir the photographs i will upload tommorow there are a lot .

Thanks for the wishes guys much appreciated.

Last edited by GTO : 17th June 2012 at 14:43. Reason: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting an entire long message inconveniences our mobile users
Old 15th June 2012, 22:20   #18
BHPian

Congrats Born 2 be Wild,

Safari is a dream for many, including me but I am not able to take the plunge after listening to various horror stories. I was thinking of going for Duster till an hours ago but then dear wife agreed to wait for some more time for the strome. I also did not like the strome much but I just want to take a look at it before plonking almost 12 big ones on the truck.

BTW questions to Safari owners, is there a way to fit after market disk brakes on the safari. i can live with the habby interiors but weak brakes not at all.

Congrats once again B2BW, your TRUCK looks awesome..

Keep on truckin....

-Ijeet
ijeet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2012, 00:50   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijeet
Congrats Born 2 be Wild,

Safari is a dream for many, including me but I am not able to take the plunge after listening to various horror stories. I was thinking of going for Duster till an hours ago but then dear wife agreed to wait for some more time for the strome. I also did not like the strome much but I just want to take a look at it before plonking almost 12 big ones on the truck.

BTW questions to Safari owners, is there a way to fit after market disk brakes on the safari. i can live with the habby interiors but weak brakes not at all.

-Ijeet
Well in my experience the brakes arent weak i mean when applied they do have stopping power the only problem is that in my case it goes to the left and right a bit and this only under "emergency braking at triple digit speeds" so i feel they could have been better but then any 2 tonne suv , without abs i feel the braking would not inspire confidence. So if you dont mind spending 12 big ones go for the Gx you wont be disappointed.
Old 16th June 2012, 13:54   #20
BHPian

And here are some interior shots of the seats gear lock, steering cover , mats and audio of thr car

Sorry for the poor quality images shot from my phone cam plus am not much of a photographer here are the rest of the snaps

Mods sorry for the back to back posts wasn not able to upload all photos in one post.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Safari 2.2 Vtt Quartz Black: Aka "The Truck". Now with Racedynamics install-image514525460.jpg  

Tata Safari 2.2 Vtt Quartz Black: Aka "The Truck". Now with Racedynamics install-image2199815517.jpg  

Tata Safari 2.2 Vtt Quartz Black: Aka "The Truck". Now with Racedynamics install-image653185851.jpg  

Tata Safari 2.2 Vtt Quartz Black: Aka "The Truck". Now with Racedynamics install-image1622051894.jpg  

Tata Safari 2.2 Vtt Quartz Black: Aka "The Truck". Now with Racedynamics install-image2705711915.jpg  

Tata Safari 2.2 Vtt Quartz Black: Aka "The Truck". Now with Racedynamics install-image2198804680.jpg  

Tata Safari 2.2 Vtt Quartz Black: Aka "The Truck". Now with Racedynamics install-image1191532512.jpg  

Tata Safari 2.2 Vtt Quartz Black: Aka "The Truck". Now with Racedynamics install-image781346728.jpg  

Tata Safari 2.2 Vtt Quartz Black: Aka "The Truck". Now with Racedynamics install-image1563581648.jpg  

Tata Safari 2.2 Vtt Quartz Black: Aka "The Truck". Now with Racedynamics install-image2761137800.jpg  

Tata Safari 2.2 Vtt Quartz Black: Aka "The Truck". Now with Racedynamics install-image4070503110.jpg  

Tata Safari 2.2 Vtt Quartz Black: Aka "The Truck". Now with Racedynamics install-image76163959.jpg  

Tata Safari 2.2 Vtt Quartz Black: Aka "The Truck". Now with Racedynamics install-image3254426137.jpg  

Tata Safari 2.2 Vtt Quartz Black: Aka "The Truck". Now with Racedynamics install-image970142820.jpg  

Tata Safari 2.2 Vtt Quartz Black: Aka "The Truck". Now with Racedynamics install-image3405860100.jpg  

Last edited by mobike008 : 2nd July 2012 at 17:30. Reason: Back to back post. Please read Rule 5b
Old 16th June 2012, 16:04   #21
BHPian

Nice snaps B2BW.

Is that steering control a after market fitment or from tata? how well it work?

-Ijeet
Old 16th June 2012, 16:55   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijeet
Nice snaps B2BW.

Is that steering control a after market fitment or from tata? how well it work?

-Ijeet
Thats an after market fitment from pioneer. Costed me about 1200/ works like a charm.
Old 16th June 2012, 17:16   #23
BHPian

Congratulations Born 2 Be Wild. Wish you many happy miles and safe motoring.

Quote:
Budget isnt a problem the only thing is i need to find out where to get the carryboy type of bull bar in delhi from as i plan to mount a pair of hella's there as well.
You can try Gem Accessories shop in Lajpat Nagar 2 car market. This guy can get one similar to the Carry boy type nudge guard. He also has a lot of different kinds of bull bars in his basement. Fitting the Hellas on top of it are a bit tricky and need expertise since the guard is made of rubber they tend to vibrate a bit. Anyway all the best !
Dragonov is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2012, 18:56   #24
BHPian

Congrats on your buy Born to be wild.Wish you many happy miles with your car, albeit truck!

Nice to see that you also like the spare wheel to be mounted on back of TRUCK! Even I like to see my SUV having spare tire at the back. But still, If I was you, I would wait for sometime and opt for Duster(No offence please)! Again, enjoy happy miles with your truck!

Keep revvin'
S@ndy
S@ndy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2012, 22:02   #25
BHPian

Thanks B2BW, now that solves one more of my requirement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S@ndy View Post
Congrats on your buy Born to be wild.Wish you many happy miles with your car, albeit truck!

Nice to see that you also like the spare wheel to be mounted on back of TRUCK! Even I like to see my SUV having spare tire at the back. But still, If I was you, I would wait for sometime and opt for Duster(No offence please)! Again, enjoy happy miles with your truck!

Keep revvin'
S@ndy
Hi S@ndy,

I don't know what is going to be B2BW reaction but as I am also in somewhat same position like he must be in before buying his TRUCK so here is my view.

Duster may be better vehicle with better road manners, better brakes, better interiors, better everything

but

Duster is not one thing, Duster is not Safari . No offense but I don't think it will ever be able to tickle the heart of people like Safari does. Most of the Safari buyers are the people who take decision from heart and that is one area where Duster is not up to the mark at least not yet. Who can say what happens in future.

-Ijeet
ijeet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2012, 23:14   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijeet View Post
Thanks B2BW, now that solves one more of my requirement.
====
Who can say what happens in future.
-Ijeet
Yes Ijeet, you're right that Safari owners choose Safari by heart and I probably think this is the reason why my cousin brother bought a Safari. When I said him that he could buy sedans at that price but he insisted that He bought it because he had fallen in love with it since he had seen it!

But I was talking about the perspective of many buyers who want more for less and I think this is where Duster scores! No offense to Safari owners please!

Regards
S@ndy
Old 17th June 2012, 00:01   #27
BHPian

Guys at the time of me buying the truck there were just 2 options . The safari or the scorp so honestly there wasnt much to choose from, i chose the safari because it just felt right i loved the ride quality plus the middle row seats are awesome compared to the scorp, the scorp definately has a peppier engine, also personally the spare wheel on the boot just did it for me since i first saw it 10 years back
And i have prayed to the almighty in the hope that the truck doesnt turn out to be a lemon from the tata plant.
And not a very clear picture but a night shot with the drl's and the phillips parking light bulbs

Cheers
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Safari 2.2 Vtt Quartz Black: Aka "The Truck". Now with Racedynamics install-image4157726087.jpg  

Old 17th June 2012, 15:01   #28
BHPian

And finally i recieved the set of tbhp stickers which have now been put up.

Cheers
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Safari 2.2 Vtt Quartz Black: Aka "The Truck". Now with Racedynamics install-image2438624477.jpg  

Old 2nd July 2012, 17:16   #29
BHPian

NOw the Odo stands at 6400 kms and in it includes a fabulous trip to amritsar which i absolutely had a blast driving the truck on the highway it simply pulls like a locomotive after the turbo kicks in. Got an FE of about 12.4 Kmpl Averaging 110kph never below 100 mostly and on clear stretches managed to hit 140kph.

Only issue till now is a slight rattle in the LHS front passenger window when its rolled down other then that there arent any issues with the truck "Touch wood"

Also changed both my amps and now the audio is powered by Digital Designs CM 600 mono , And the Rainbow Beat 4 powering the comps. Also got PP70 llumar installed on the the front windscreen as i was being toasted in the truck, and managed to get my hands on a sparco leather gear knob and geering stick cover , for the backdoor glass i got a Ed Hardy sun Visor. Photos coming up in the next post
Old 2nd July 2012, 17:31   #30
BHPian

And here is the snaps of the changes made to the truck the new amps and the old ones after removal
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Safari 2.2 Vtt Quartz Black: Aka "The Truck". Now with Racedynamics install-image3890756693.jpg  

Tata Safari 2.2 Vtt Quartz Black: Aka "The Truck". Now with Racedynamics install-image2799778513.jpg  

Tata Safari 2.2 Vtt Quartz Black: Aka "The Truck". Now with Racedynamics install-image1369732284.jpg  

Tata Safari 2.2 Vtt Quartz Black: Aka "The Truck". Now with Racedynamics install-image1554983906.jpg  

Tata Safari 2.2 Vtt Quartz Black: Aka "The Truck". Now with Racedynamics install-image2943309201.jpg  

Tata Safari 2.2 Vtt Quartz Black: Aka "The Truck". Now with Racedynamics install-image247466424.jpg  

Attached Images

Born 2 Be Wild is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks