Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2012, 22:13   #31
Senior - BHPian

re: Tata Safari 2.2 Vtt Quartz Black: Aka "The Truck". Now with Racedynamics install

Quote:
Originally Posted by advaitlele View Post
Correct, ABS is optional on Gx model and available by default on Vx; as told to me during my TD.

Query - Website mentions Ex model with 4x4 option. Is that so? I was not told about this during TD. If thats available, makes a deadly combo of price and features.

For the size and dimensions, I feel ABS is a must. Waiting for some more "hari patti" before I take plunge.
And hope that happens before the Storme is relased. I just hate the hatchback styled rear.

@ Born 2 Be Wild -- do post interior pics and costs of the accessories you got. Those alloys looks just too good.
Correction. ABS is inbuilt into GX/VX models. Not available in LX/EX. GX has an optional 4X4 and so has VX.
I dont think EX has an optional 4X4.. I didnt check. And @ Born 2 Be Wild: Congrats on your new buy.. happy motoring!!!
Old 22nd July 2012, 15:54   #32
BHPian

July was light up my truck month and the truck is lighting up the roads now

Had Hid installed 6000 kelvin and also got the truck a pair of hella rallye 3003 crystal lens. And boy o boy the hid lights up the road in low beam with reflector set at 3 permanently any lower and it blinds oncoming traffic. High beam i dont use its a weapon of mass destruction oncoming traffic is tottaly blinded :P thats one of the primary reasons i got the hella's installed.

Also changed the engine oil at 8000 kms at my workshop and got the air filter cleaned the results were fabulous the engine noise softened a bit the vibrations reduced a tad, and just feels a lot better to drive, the oil i used was elf performance 3d mineral.

Attaching some snaps
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Safari 2.2 Vtt Quartz Black: Aka "The Truck". Now with Racedynamics install-image477980583.jpg  

Tata Safari 2.2 Vtt Quartz Black: Aka "The Truck". Now with Racedynamics install-image3689112049.jpg  

Tata Safari 2.2 Vtt Quartz Black: Aka "The Truck". Now with Racedynamics install-image2639503698.jpg  

Tata Safari 2.2 Vtt Quartz Black: Aka "The Truck". Now with Racedynamics install-image1314888565.jpg  

Old 29th September 2012, 10:17   #33
BHPian

re: Tata Safari 2.2 Vtt Quartz Black: Aka "The Truck". Now with Racedynamics install

The truck crossed 16000kms this morning and due to me being caught up in a lotta stuff couldnt take it for servicing around 15k but now that i have some time off will get it serviced from my Mechanic This Sunday, as of now the issues i Face with the truck are ZILCH Glory Be to God!! My Prayers stand answered till now! NO phish phish no clang clang no tik tik no tock tock no missing no hissing no squeaking no creaking and most of all no leaking lol so all in all a pretty gud 4 months till date

I am in no mood to take it to TASS so that they may Jinx the Damm thing and end the good run! I have absolutely no faith in TASS hence till it dont go broke i aint fixing it the only eventuality it may see the Face of TASS is for warranty claims period !

Got a Reverse Camera installed as i felt it absolutely necessary and its a boon while reversing.

Made a trip to Dehradun last month which was the first time the Truck got Stuck :P it was raining like anything and well to be Young and foolish does have its pitfalls and i learnt my lesson that day!
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Safari 2.2 Vtt Quartz Black: Aka "The Truck". Now with Racedynamics install-photo.jpg  

Born 2 Be Wild is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2012, 17:56   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born 2 Be Wild View Post
... I am in no mood to take it to TASS ... the only eventuality it may see the Face of TASS is for warranty claims period !
But, don't the manufacturers say your warranty is valid only if you are following the recommended service intervals and are getting it serviced at the authorized service centers. I understand the frustration with these so-called service centers and the only reason people stick to them, atleast during the initial few services, is for the fear of warranty claims.

Quote:
...the first time the Truck got Stuck :P it was raining like anything and well to be Young and foolish does have its pitfalls and i learnt my lesson that day!
So, what did you learn and how did you come out of the mess?
Old 29th September 2012, 19:25   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice

But, don't the manufacturers say your warranty is valid only if you are following the recommended service intervals and are getting it serviced at the authorized service centers. I understand the frustration with these so-called service centers and the only reason people stick to them, atleast during the initial few services, is for the fear of warranty claims.

So, what did you learn and how did you come out of the mess?

Well yes manufacturers void warranty if the car aint serviced at regular intervals as per service booklet. However my cousin owns a TASP ( tata authorized service point) he keeps my paperwork updated and my mechanics keep the car in top shape.

TASS IS absolutely incompetent!

Well had to call a tractor to pull out the truck, the tractor pulled it out in a jiffy. Lesson learnt was an Suv without 4x4 is like a Bull without balls hence my next Suv has to have 4x4.
Old 29th September 2012, 20:33   #36
BHPian

{Well had to call a tractor to pull out the truck, the tractor pulled it out in a jiffy. Lesson learnt was an Suv without 4x4 is like a Bull without balls hence my next Suv has to have 4x4.}

Very aptly put. But why did you not consider the 4x4 version in the first place?
Old 29th September 2012, 21:43   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Well had to call a tractor to pull out the truck, the tractor pulled it out in a jiffy. Lesson learnt was an Suv without 4x4 is like a Bull without balls hence my next Suv has to have 4x4.

Ive always wondered what goes through the mind of people who buy suv's without 4x4, especially in a country like india where even Bombay city roads are like a 4x4 track in the monsoon. Imagine wading thru a foot of water and gettiing stuck in an open gutter/manhole. Hahaha what fun!!
An suv tempts the owner/driver to venture off the road and the thought of a stuck 2+ ton vehicle gives me jitters.
You would be lucky if you find someone to help push your vehicle out while u were trying to be smart. And then suddenly the smart chap in the flashy suv becomes the joke. (not refering to you- born to be wild)

When i went to buy my truck i had to choose between 4x4 and abs airbags and i chose the former.
Im glad i did else i would be slapping myself over n over today.
I call this the bhikari-nomics of suv selection. please come to your own conclusions of what that means and feel free to share ur disagreements too

Last edited by jaysmokesleaves : 29th September 2012 at 21:49.
Old 29th September 2012, 21:55   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 220kmph
{Well had to call a tractor to pull out the truck, the tractor pulled it out in a jiffy. Lesson learnt was an Suv without 4x4 is like a Bull without balls hence my next Suv has to have 4x4.}

Very aptly put. But why did you not consider the 4x4 version in the first place?
Well at that time the 4x4 was only available in the vx trim which was coming to approx 14 lakhs on road and way outta my budget i got the lx for 8.7 ish and customized it to my liking plus with all the horror stories about tata and especially the safari on tbhp i felt the lesser i paid the better i would feel if i ended up with a lemon the lesser loss i would have incurred if i decided to cut losses and move on hence the lx. However i have no complaints 4 months of ownership have been superb i guess the truck is not a lemon well fingers crossed. Lets see what the future holds.

Also i forgot to mention in my earliar post i have been using system D every tankfull and have been getting an Fe of 11- 11.5 with ac in delhi .

Cheers.
Old 30th September 2012, 16:19   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysmokesleaves View Post
Ive always wondered what goes through the mind of people who buy suv's without 4x4, especially in a country like india where even Bombay city roads are like a 4x4 track in the monsoon. Imagine wading thru a foot of water and gettiing stuck in an open gutter/manhole. Hahaha what fun!!
An suv tempts the owner/driver to venture off the road and the thought of a stuck 2+ ton vehicle gives me jitters.
You would be lucky if you find someone to help push your vehicle out while u were trying to be smart. And then suddenly the smart chap in the flashy suv becomes the joke. (not refering to you- born to be wild)

When i went to buy my truck i had to choose between 4x4 and abs airbags and i chose the former.
Im glad i did else i would be slapping myself over n over today.
I call this the bhikari-nomics of suv selection. please come to your own conclusions of what that means and feel free to share ur disagreements too
You are absolutely right when you say it defies logic why people would buy an SUV without 4 wheel drive, but then the bhikhari-nomics in my case wasnt in favour of the 5 lakhs i would have to spend extra for the 4wd which i would in all probability use like just 5% of the time.

In all honesty i dint know that the damm road was dug up last week and mud put back in it just appeared like slush but when i got on top of the mud it just caved in cause of the water and i was the guy with the flashy SUV who became the joke with one passerby suggesting "4x4 lene chaiye tha aapko beta"
Old 10th October 2012, 15:22   #40
BHPian

Finally got the truck serviced last weekend. Initially was thinking of using fully synthetic Delvac 1 but after the dude at the counter gave me the price my jaw dropped :Shocked: it was 5600/- rs for 8 litres as soon as he said 5600/- i said "bhaiya delvac mx hi de do " The guy at the counter also had a grin on his face he said wise choice delvac mx came out to 1900/- for a bucket of 7.5 litres and even if i change oil at every 7.5k kms i still end up saving 1700 bucks. hence got the delvac mx.

Total damge to the pocket for oil filter and oil came out to 2100 i guess. truck's running smooth nvh has gone. bought a shiny new nikon last week will pe putting up shiny new snaps soon better then my iphone snaps.
Old 9th December 2012, 11:19   #41
BHPian

Nice! Just read through the whole thread now.

You have nice taste I must say. Those alloys, seat covers, ICE, aux light

Quote:
bought a shiny new nikon last week will pe putting up shiny new snaps soon better then my iphone snaps.
when can we expect?
Old 9th December 2012, 16:16   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganesc
Nice! Just read through the whole thread now.

You have nice taste I must say. Those alloys, seat covers, ICE, aux light

when can we expect?
Well what can i say the truck i had been dreaming of buying since i was 18 i finally bought this year and since i was 18 i had been planning to do it up the way you see it now So i keep blowing money up on it in phases and the never ending quest continues. Thanks for the compliment.

And since its been a while since i last updated this thread let me tell you all what has been going on

For starters did 2 trips to kasaul last month and i must say i fell more in love with the truck then before driving in the hills was never as good as this when i did it in my fiesta. Almost 280 kms of hills with 130 kms full of potholes :P but i didnt feel any lol.

Changes to the truck are that a bonnet visor has been added which looks absolutely fantabulous plus the Gladen sub i had earlier was just not givin me the right bass so upgraded to the Rockford T0 which is amazing i mean my earlier sub wouldnt go as low as tbe rockford but then again cant compare oranges to apples so right now i have amazing low bass in very tolerable levels and excelent punch as well this when the amp powering it is a little underpowered as
It was for the gladen sub and is rated at 600 rms whereas as the sub is 750 so we have cut down on the gains. So next thing is the change the amp as well and the wiring kit.

Had the good fortune of getting a demo from the racedynamics guys who plugged up the dieseltronic box to the ecu and i was blown away by the damm thing the truck was driving like it was possesed lol the in gear accelaration was tremendous plus the turbo was kicking in early at 1500 rpn instead of 1800 all in all i know what santa is getting for the truck this christmas.

The odo stands at 24900 as of yesterday so decided to change oil and oil filter total
Cost came out to 2100 for Mobil Delvac mx 7.5 litres and the oil filter. Only issues so far is the front two windows have started rattling could be because of the 2 trips to the hills or could be the woofer but the truck will head to Tass for the first time in its 6 months with me i hope they dont jinx my good run with the truck. So far the Tata god has kept the truck niggle and problem free lol

The mileage am getting in the city now with no ac is around 12.5 to 13 last tank full gave me 12.79 and i have regularly used system D always. In the hills i managed jus 10.3.

Attaching a few photos from the trip cheers!
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Safari 2.2 Vtt Quartz Black: Aka "The Truck". Now with Racedynamics install-image29122956.jpg  

Tata Safari 2.2 Vtt Quartz Black: Aka "The Truck". Now with Racedynamics install-image404422896.jpg  

Tata Safari 2.2 Vtt Quartz Black: Aka "The Truck". Now with Racedynamics install-image1943296054.jpg  

Old 9th December 2012, 16:32   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Had the good fortune of getting a demo from the racedynamics guys who plugged up the dieseltronic box to the ecu and i was blown away by the damm thing the truck was driving like it was possesed lol the in gear accelaration was tremendous plus the turbo was kicking in early at 1500 rpn instead of 1800 all in all i know what santa is getting for the truck this christmas.
Hi, so the racedynamics box is compatible with the 2.2 safari also. Can you shed some more lights on the improvements you saw on with it ? Also what is the price quoted for the box ?
Old 9th December 2012, 17:02   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulk76

Hi, so the racedynamics box is compatible with the 2.2 safari also. Can you shed some more lights on the improvements you saw on with it ? Also what is the price quoted for the box ?
Yes they have boxes for almost all cars and mine clearly had 2.2 safari written on it they quoted it at 20 grand. The box comes with a wireless remote and 4 settings
S- stock map
E- eco mode ( enhances mileage)
P1- increased power gain by upto 15% plus increased mileage
P2- increased power gain by upto 25%

I remember this vaguely not sure on those gain figures

I drove it in P2 only and what i noted was the turbo kicked in early at 1500 so frequent gear changing wasnt required plus after the turbo kicking in the truck just flew i mean seriously in the city you may not feel a huge difference but on the highways thia thing will make overtaking really easy one would not have to downshift a lot
Plus couldnt see any excessive smoke out the back in the mirror like others have sometimes claimed
Old 9th December 2012, 21:52   #45
BHPian

And here are the snaps with the new visor and rhe new woofer cheers
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Safari 2.2 Vtt Quartz Black: Aka "The Truck". Now with Racedynamics install-image3069984905.jpg  

Tata Safari 2.2 Vtt Quartz Black: Aka "The Truck". Now with Racedynamics install-image2669135120.jpg  

Tata Safari 2.2 Vtt Quartz Black: Aka "The Truck". Now with Racedynamics install-image4086587609.jpg  

Tata Safari 2.2 Vtt Quartz Black: Aka "The Truck". Now with Racedynamics install-image507480528.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks