Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 26th June 2012, 11:11   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyundai Eon LPG - A New Ride, A New Adventure

The problem with most of LPG vehicle owners is there is no proper benchmark to compare vehicles unlike diesel and petrol cars. I would suggest decide whether you will stick with this car for a long time if so consult an external tuner and check with him whether your car can be tuned for better performance, forget about warranty as there is nothing other than a lambda sensor, vaporizer and a hose pipe connected to the air filter which has functional dependency on your vehicle, the other parts are independent. Take a chance and see what happens
Old 1st July 2012, 09:49   #17
BHPian

I went for the uneventful first service of my EON,
The complaints which I registered with the SA were
1.Electricals check up as the mobile charging socket was not working .
2.The recurrent irritating jerks as if the engine is gasping for air .

Moreover i insisted on changing the engine oil in the first service itself but the SA was equally adamant in refusing the same citing some stupid company operating procedures.
In this case I give thumps down to the said dealer the BEEAR hyundai gorakhpur.
We are quite given to the impression that FIAT are worst offenders in AFTER SALES SERVICE ,but the behaviour of two different dealers are standing testimony to the fact that the constricted and 'dealers know it all' mentality is very much pronounced in the hyundai motors.
regards
praveen singh
Old 4th July 2012, 09:09   #18
BHPian

After the first service the engine seems to be smoother .Now one important point which needs mention is that ,on the highway the smaller tyres do presents some problems if the road surface has close spaced striations as in the four lanes streches of UP.
So as pointed out in the test drive report the tyre size upgradation would be worth a try.
The jerkiness is still there ,in first and and second gear.
The fact that the service centre guys of HYUNDAI are simply idiots as they know nothing beyond the routine jobs and engine retuning is not everybodys cup of tea.
regards
praveen singh

Most Viewed