Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2012, 00:54   #16
BHPian

Re: Unlimited Desires into One Arctic White Maruti DZire ZDi: My Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRtorquefan View Post
Go for ZDi only, as because of what it offers for the price, the most needed Safety features Airbags, ABS & the Alloys.
Believe me or not, the both three make a difference & elevates the driving experience to another level. With these you'll be having the speed, dynamics & complete control over them.

VDi is more of a basic looking car with slightly different driving feel, as its having relatively smaller 14-inch wheels with relatively lower body stance than Sporty looking ZDi shod with 15-inch Alloys.
Had DZire VDi being equipped with ABS, i'd have suggested it to you, but with all these facts my vote is for a complete looking, feeling & exactly complete DZire ZDi.
A month more wait & few grands more, makes really much more sense for your pleasurable drive & safety of your family.
I too was of the same opinion. Becoz, around 75K more you are getting ABS, Airbags, Alloys, Bigger and meatier tyres, Auto AC, Rear Defogger. I think it would be a fair decision to go for zdi over vdi. Though as communicated by the sakes rep that the zdi is less in demand and due to that the wait is a bit longer. Heard that now the waiting period for zdi model is around 4-6 months.
Old 1st October 2012, 01:17   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by delix View Post
I too was of the same opinion. Becoz, around 75K more you are getting ABS, Airbags, Alloys, Bigger and meatier tyres, Auto AC, Rear Defogger. I think it would be a fair decision to go for zdi over vdi. Though as communicated by the sakes rep that the zdi is less in demand and due to that the wait is a bit longer. Heard that now the waiting period for zdi model is around 4-6 months.
At some places ZDi variant has a very good market demand, though not more than VDi all the time but still enough to create a huge vacuum between booking & waiting period.
Another reason for more waiting period is that it's having more Imported components in it like ABS unit, Airbags(probably from Europe or Japan), Steering wheel(yes it's imported with mounted audio controls & better grip) & Alloys(Made in Thailand), so its production is limited & is dependent on the supplies of these imported components. Another reason of shortage is that these parts are shared with Swift ZDi/ZXi, SX4 ZXi/ZDi, Ritz ZXi/ZDi & DZire ZDi/ZXi cars, while VDi & LDi are made up of most of the local components so easy & faster to manufacture & hence speedily available.
But the wait for ZDi is fruitful enough, once the car comes to you.
Old 3rd October 2012, 15:58   #18
BHPian

Quote:
At some places ZDi variant has a very good market demand, though not more than VDi all the time but still enough to create a huge vacuum between booking & waiting period.
Another reason for more waiting period is that it's having more Imported components in it like ABS unit, Airbags(probably from Europe or Japan), Steering wheel(yes it's imported with mounted audio controls & better grip) & Alloys(Made in Thailand), so its production is limited & is dependent on the supplies of these imported components. Another reason of shortage is that these parts are shared with Swift ZDi/ZXi, SX4 ZXi/ZDi, Ritz ZXi/ZDi & DZire ZDi/ZXi cars, while VDi & LDi are made up of most of the local components so easy & faster to manufacture & hence speedily available.
But the wait for ZDi is fruitful enough, once the car comes to you.

Congratulations!!! You are very much right. These components are directly import from respective countries. Dzire is the best car according to me. Low maintenance highly reliable. I have same car (Old Model) which clocked around 130000km, without any trouble. In Ladakh terrain also the car overperformed.
Old 14th December 2012, 19:28   #19

[quote=funkyp;2919613]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRtorquefan

Congrats on your new buy. Excellent car and wish you many happy miles. I would have chosen the same had I not been certain that I didn't want a sedan.

I have a swift zdi and my oem system supports 8gb.(haven't tested higher). Since the dzire and swift are basically the same, I see no reason in why the dzire should not support higher than 4gb.

I strongly recommend the leather steering. Make the grip meatier and more fun.
Yes my Dzire ZDi also supports 8GB USB. AND to my surprise my 160GB iPod Classic works perfectly when connected to USB port
Old 23rd February 2013, 16:38   #20
BHPian

Update III:

Ownership time: 9 months.
Kms clocked: 9100.
Services done: 2(free)

Oil change: Not yet.
Charges incurred(1st service): None.
Charges incurred(2nd service): ~1100(for wheel alignment, etc).

Fuel efficiency(mixed):
18+kmpl with speeds upto 120kmph or above.
20+kmpl with relatively lesser speeds <90kmph max.

Refinement is great now, specially after 4.5k kms & the car is very improved on NVH levels now & is having one of the best NVH across the Petrol & diesel cars across its segment.

Others:

Had 2 minor accidents in it with following resultant damage,
1) Its Driver side ORVM is completely broken, as being hit by a hard object(maybe wooden or of Iron) on a link road.

2) Another being the Cracked front bumper, which happened next day when a cat jumped onto the way suddenly & collided with its front bumper near the fog lamp.
Both accidents happened at speeds ~60kmph.

Will be planning for its next free service, scheduled at 10k kms & accidental repairs.
Old 18th June 2013, 00:13   #21
BHPian

Update IV:

3rd Service(10,000kms/1 year)

MASC supervisor asked us about the option of Engine Oil choice for 1.3 Multijet Diesel. Options were:

1) 5W-30 Mineral Oil(costing Rs.800 for total quantity).
2) 5W-30 Synthetic Oil(costing nearly Rs.3300 for total quantity)

At first, I opted for Mineral one but after driving the car for few kms, i noticed the NVH of the car increased much as compared prior to service, as the car was running with factory supplied Synthetic engine oil.

Now what to do now ?
Planning to switch over to Synthetic oil again.

Please suggest & guide the right solution for this.
Old 18th December 2013, 22:21   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Update IV:

3rd Service(10,000kms/1 year)

MASC supervisor asked us about the option of Engine Oil choice for 1.3 Multijet Diesel. Options were:

1) 5W-30 Mineral Oil(costing Rs.800 for total quantity).
2) 5W-30 Synthetic Oil(costing nearly Rs.3300 for total quantity)

At first, I opted for Mineral one but after driving the car for few kms, i noticed the NVH of the car increased much as compared prior to service, as the car was running with factory supplied Synthetic engine oil.

Now what to do now ?
Planning to switch over to Synthetic oil again.

Please suggest & guide the right solution for this.
Hi, Does synthetic oil really reduce NVH? What oil are you running your engine on currently?
Old 20th December 2013, 00:11   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ank.nsit View Post
Hi, Does synthetic oil really reduce NVH? What oil are you running your engine on currently?
Yes, off course & it has better life also, almost 3 times better than conventional Mineral oil, which is having life of ~5k kms.

I'm currently using Mineral engine oil yet which was refilled at 10k kms service & waiting for the car to clock 15k mark, at which i'll probably replace it with Synthetic one.

Most Viewed