Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 25th June 2012, 18:15   #16
BHPian

re: Italiano Bellezza - Fiat Grande Punto 1.3 MJD Emotion. EDIT : 2nd Service update

Congrats for the new car.

Sorry couldn't go through all the writing, but enjoyed the outdoor snaps thoroughly, truly outstanding poses man! That with headlights ON, Seeing Beat from under the the Punto, French Kiss (with tyres about to touch) and the last but not least the Un(Beat)able Punto Reflection!
Really only a good amount of time, efforts & passion could give results like this. I sincerely appreciate your efforts and more importantly posing ideas.

Well, with all good words only one thing I would say otherwise is that I would have enjoyed the last snap with more pleasure, without the reflection of the camera and shadow of the photographer.

Again, congratulations and have happy miles ahead.

btw, whats that location, a helipad?
iSpoke is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th June 2012, 18:32   #17
BHPian

re: Italiano Bellezza - Fiat Grande Punto 1.3 MJD Emotion. EDIT : 2nd Service update

Congrats on the getting a Punto DRIV3R. The car is an absolute joy to drive

I was contemplating exchanging the Punto P for a 1.3 MJD 90HP and this time around I thought of booking it from VST instead of Concorde but from your dealer experience it seems TATA-FIAT is a pain whatever dealer it may be! Anyways hope you put your dealer experience behind and pile on the kilometers on the beauty!

Keep us posted and yes more more more pics and travelogues would be of help as well.

Happy motoring!

Cheers,
Kaushik
kaush666 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2012, 18:58   #18

First of all let me wish you on your new buy. As mentioned by kaush666, Punto is really a job to drive.

Reading through you post, I would have left the place the moment I say such treatments of these beauties. Kudosto you for sticking it out and getting what you wanted.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 25th June 2012 at 19:29. Reason: fixed FONT tags
RallyMaster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2012, 19:27   #19
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the awesome review, I thoroughly enjoyed reading it. Man, i must say you're a damn patient guy, with all those drama, the dealership guys were doing with your car ( as mentioned by you ) I would've beaten the hell out of them.

But still, I guess driving this car makes you forgot all that drama. Congratulations on owning my personal favorite hatchback in India today

BTW as mentioned in review, you want to change the stock goodyears, I suggest you to do it as soon as possible, as you may not get good buy back price for stock tyres later on.

And ya, do get the alloys painted gunmetal, will surely enhance the look of the car.

BTW in your review, I remember you didn't mentioned anywhere about Blue n me ?, Your car have on right ?

And Why you didn't considered buying the sport 90 HP variant ? As even 100 horsed are not good enough to exploit her dynamics.

Wish you wonderful miles ahead with her and a wonderful ( hopefully ) dealership experience in future.

Drive safe.

Cheers
Sameer

Last edited by sameerg001 : 25th June 2012 at 19:36.
sameerg001 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2012, 19:49   #20
Senior - BHPian

Welcome back and a nice car you have acquired there. The Italian beauty (or in your words Bellezza) surely do have some character there.

Sad to hear those horror stories at the dealership. Can anyone inform the companies to look into the way things are handled at this end. I am sure the company will listen and take action. (http://fiat-india.com/complaint-form.aspx )

BTW what happened to the nicks and bruizes that the car had been subject to, were they touched up as well before delivery. Surely the pics do not show any kind of abnormality.

Happy and safe many thousands of miles ahead! Great pics and top rated thread!

Last edited by girishglg : 25th June 2012 at 19:52.
girishglg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2012, 20:38   #21
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your new acquisition DRIV3R. Punto will be an absolute joy to drive on the highways. Regarding sales experience, yes, VST is very unethical and I too had very bad experience with them. For buying a Fiat in Chennai, Concorde, Guindy is the best place now. But, I wish that none of the existing dealers get the exclusive Fiat dealership in Chennai.
rameshnanda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2012, 20:43   #22
BHPian

Awesome review mate! Very well written.
Enjoyed every word of it!

Happy happy miles ahead with your baby!
Auto freak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2012, 21:38   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Nothing new in whatever you've written:
  • Good product
  • "Less-said-the-better" Tata service
  • Calculated risks...
...and the list continues.

I hope it improves when the dealerships are separated.

But some mouth-watering pictures man.
I was always a fan of this colour whichever the car is.
Beat and Punto are one of the best looking cars around IMO and seeing them together has doubled the fun.

Wish you many more happy miles
hemanth.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2012, 22:30   #24
BHPian

I had a wonderful time reading this post!!
I am a big fan (like so many out there) of Punto and Linea. You have posted some beautiful photos of your car.
I think the alloy wheels given by Fiat are just amazing, well designed. I can't wait to see the outcome of the gunmetal blue paint job on them.

Now that the good part is done with, I am sorry about your buying experience. This clearly is the reason why Fiat could not get anywhere with such wonderful products.
sumeshmani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2012, 08:36   #25
Senior - BHPian

Thank you all guys, for stopping by and pouring in your comments.

Feels great to be a part of this forum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Great looking car. Nice thread. But what a trauma for a consumer at the hands of these dealers!

Fiats are such gorgeous cars and with so much soul! They just don't seem able to get their act together properly in India.

Hope that this time around with their Fiat Caffe's etc, they will be able to.

Is your car with the upgraded ground clearance package? If so, what is the measurement in mm please?
Thanks Shankar. Yes, this is with the upgraded GC. I would measure it this weekend and post it for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
WOW! Thoroughly enjoyed reading your ownership thread, rated 5*. Fiat Punto is a true drivers car in the hatch segment. Its the Tata-Fiat JV which resulted in poor after sales & service but now that Fiat is opening its own Fiat Cafe Showroom, we can look forward to improved after sales.

Even I too went with the SA during the registration & drove the car myself from stockyard to workshop for PDI. The workshop people don't really care for the car and drive it like they own it themselves & mechanics are even worst at that part. Feel like bashing them for each & every mistake they make, but just cannot help it. You remain a mere spectator & try remaining mute and wish to get out of the place as quick as possible.

Have many more safe miles on your GP & drive safe.
Thanks a lot for the kind words and the rating, buddy! Cool, that you too took care of driving your car from the yard to the dealers'. We are all car nuts, right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Congrats on the Punto. Silver looks elegant, but not seen too many of this color in Bangalore. The dealership guys can super professional or completely unprofessional. The variance is more with the TATA.

Nice photos by the way. Enjoy many more happy miles with the car.
Thanks Krishna, don't you worry, as this car would be seen around in Bangalore, as it would be used by my bro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A.G.7 View Post
Congrats!! If there was one reason why I would buy a Punto, it has to be the looks. The car looks great inside out. Perfect shut lines, stance, door thuds; everything. The silver colour looks nice, though as you have said, white looks even better. I feel it goes even more well with a black coloured front grill (from the Active version). I haven't driven a diesel Punto. When I was out car hunting, I was looking at the petrol Active version, which I felt was underpowered.

The dealership experience in your case is the spoiler. I guess you can write a whole new thread on that experience. But don't let it spoil your ownership experience.

What you have noted however is not limited to Tata or Fiat dealership. It happens at almost all the dealerships. I say this because my office is on the first floor above the Planet Ford showroom. I can completely relate to your feelings; you should see how these morons drive brand new cars in/out of the parking. And they revv these new cars hard like there's no end. My car parked in the office parking was dashed into by a Figo/Fiesta driven madly by one of the drivers. But couldn't say anything because I wasn't there when it happened.
Thanks man. Yes, what you say is true, bitter experiences with dealerships happen with any brand. As you say, yeah the 1.2 is underpowered for it's weight and chassis. Hope you are enjoying your cute little Micra.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingkolors View Post
What an awesome review. Thank you for sharing. Read thru it with great interest and the views are completely honest and straight.

And, Punto, is always gorgeous, in any color for that matter. Looks elegant in silver.

And as rightly stated, a beautiful car is being killed in the hands of these morons. Whenever I see a Punto or the awesome, Linea, I feel sad for them. They deserve much more.

Congratulations for the car and drive safe. And please post some interior pics too. Happy driving!
Thanks man, thanks again for typing this out inspite of your injuries. Take care of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iSpoke View Post
Congrats for the new car.

Sorry couldn't go through all the writing, but enjoyed the outdoor snaps thoroughly, truly outstanding poses man! That with headlights ON, Seeing Beat from under the the Punto, French Kiss (with tyres about to touch) and the last but not least the Un(Beat)able Punto Reflection!
Really only a good amount of time, efforts & passion could give results like this. I sincerely appreciate your efforts and more importantly posing ideas.

Well, with all good words only one thing I would say otherwise is that I would have enjoyed the last snap with more pleasure, without the reflection of the camera and shadow of the photographer.

Again, congratulations and have happy miles ahead.

btw, whats that location, a helipad?
Thanks a lot, bro. Yep, it is an airstrip, which is not in use now. Credit goes to Auto Freak too for the posing ideas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaush666 View Post
Congrats on the getting a Punto DRIV3R. The car is an absolute joy to drive

I was contemplating exchanging the Punto P for a 1.3 MJD 90HP and this time around I thought of booking it from VST instead of Concorde but from your dealer experience it seems TATA-FIAT is a pain whatever dealer it may be! Anyways hope you put your dealer experience behind and pile on the kilometers on the beauty!

Keep us posted and yes more more more pics and travelogues would be of help as well.

Happy motoring!

Cheers,
Kaushik
Thanks for the kind words, Kaushik. Sure, I would be updating this thread regularly and keep you all posted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RallyMaster View Post
First of all let me wish you on your new buy. As mentioned by kaush666, Punto is really a job to drive.

Reading through you post, I would have left the place the moment I say such treatments of these beauties. Kudosto you for sticking it out and getting what you wanted.
Thanks man. Yeah, I had no other option as this was my third attempt to buy a Punto. TATA FIAT were trying hard not to sell one by pissing me off, but somehow the last one went through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg001 View Post
Thanks for the awesome review, I thoroughly enjoyed reading it. Man, i must say you're a damn patient guy, with all those drama, the dealership guys were doing with your car ( as mentioned by you ) I would've beaten the hell out of them.

But still, I guess driving this car makes you forgot all that drama. Congratulations on owning my personal favorite hatchback in India today

BTW as mentioned in review, you want to change the stock goodyears, I suggest you to do it as soon as possible, as you may not get good buy back price for stock tyres later on.

And ya, do get the alloys painted gunmetal, will surely enhance the look of the car.

BTW in your review, I remember you didn't mentioned anywhere about Blue n me ?, Your car have on right ?

And Why you didn't considered buying the sport 90 HP variant ? As even 100 horsed are not good enough to exploit her dynamics.

Wish you wonderful miles ahead with her and a wonderful ( hopefully ) dealership experience in future.

Drive safe.

Cheers
Sameer
Thanks for the kind words, Sameer. I did mention Blue&Me in the positives, but i ended it there. It sure is a useful feature, but I have not used it extensively as I kind of connect to the car only during the drives. I did use it a couple of times to see if everything was okay.

The sport variant was not launched when this car was bought. Plus, if I were to consider the Punto Sports, I would have bought a Linea instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishglg View Post
Welcome back and a nice car you have acquired there. The Italian beauty (or in your words Bellezza) surely do have some character there.

Sad to hear those horror stories at the dealership. Can anyone inform the companies to look into the way things are handled at this end. I am sure the company will listen and take action. (http://fiat-india.com/complaint-form.aspx )

BTW what happened to the nicks and bruizes that the car had been subject to, were they touched up as well before delivery. Surely the pics do not show any kind of abnormality.

Happy and safe many thousands of miles ahead! Great pics and top rated thread!
Thanks, Girish. No, the scratches and patch up jobs are still there, they just do not show up in the photographs for this color. They are all minor ones, but even this should not be there in a new car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshnanda View Post
Congrats on your new acquisition DRIV3R. Punto will be an absolute joy to drive on the highways. Regarding sales experience, yes, VST is very unethical and I too had very bad experience with them. For buying a Fiat in Chennai, Concorde, Guindy is the best place now. But, I wish that none of the existing dealers get the exclusive Fiat dealership in Chennai.
Thanks Ramesh. Yeah, Concorde is better, but the sweet talking Shakthi made sure I feel for VST. But later, I repented.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auto freak View Post
Awesome review mate! Very well written.
Enjoyed every word of it!

Happy happy miles ahead with your baby!
Thanks buddy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
Nothing new in whatever you've written:
  • Good product
  • "Less-said-the-better" Tata service
  • Calculated risks...
...and the list continues.

I hope it improves when the dealerships are separated.

But some mouth-watering pictures man.
I was always a fan of this colour whichever the car is.
Beat and Punto are one of the best looking cars around IMO and seeing them together has doubled the fun.

Wish you many more happy miles
Thanks a lot, Hemanth. Love the looks of your ABARTH as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeshmani View Post
I had a wonderful time reading this post!!
I am a big fan (like so many out there) of Punto and Linea. You have posted some beautiful photos of your car.
I think the alloy wheels given by Fiat are just amazing, well designed. I can't wait to see the outcome of the gunmetal blue paint job on them.

Now that the good part is done with, I am sorry about your buying experience. This clearly is the reason why Fiat could not get anywhere with such wonderful products.
Thanks man. I will post pics once the alloys are painted.

@flying kolors: Here are few interior pics, I would share more after shooting them with the SLR over this weekend. Thanks guys, once again for the comments and kind words!
Attached Thumbnails
Italiano Bellezza - Fiat Grande Punto 1.3 MJD Emotion. EDIT : 2nd Service update-dsc_02611.jpg  

Italiano Bellezza - Fiat Grande Punto 1.3 MJD Emotion. EDIT : 2nd Service update-dsc_02621.jpg  

Italiano Bellezza - Fiat Grande Punto 1.3 MJD Emotion. EDIT : 2nd Service update-dsc_02631.jpg  

Last edited by DRIV3R : 26th June 2012 at 08:55.
DRIV3R is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th June 2012, 09:02   #26
BANNED

Infractions: 0/3 (12)

Thank you. Enjoy the excitement. Drive safe.
Have fun with your "head turner"!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
Thanks Shankar. Yes, this is with the upgraded GC. I would measure it this weekend and post it for you.
Old 26th June 2012, 09:39   #27
BHPian

Man o man. If i found my brand new car with a broken lock inside the door... Phew !! Fiat cant thank enough people like you for having accepted their car (flaws/w.o flaws)

Btw what could be the reason for this? Dealer chaps slamming the door as if it were a TATA 407 or anything that could be called a TATA?
Old 26th June 2012, 10:01   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford5 View Post
Man o man. If i found my brand new car with a broken lock inside the door... Phew !! Fiat cant thank enough people like you for having accepted their car (flaws/w.o flaws)

Btw what could be the reason for this? Dealer chaps slamming the door as if it were a TATA 407 or anything that could be called a TATA?
LOL. You are mistaken. Just to clarify, when I said lock, I meant the plastic clip-locks which lock the plastic door pad on to the metal door.

Not the door locking mechanism, for God's sake.
Old 26th June 2012, 10:22   #29
BHPian

Congrats on your punto. Pretty sad to know the state of affairs with Fiat dealership. I mean there seems not even an ounce of respect for the business one gives them . The attitude of the workers in a organisation largely shows the management attitude.

I am also shocked to see the infrastructure of this dealership though i couldn't gather much from the pictures, but it seems pathetic. Cars parked on the road and stuff like these.

Punto is a good choice, no wonder. I have an Italian vendor who was in India last month. He was very happy to see the puntos here and said that his wife drives a punto in Torino , while he drives an Alfa Romeo !!

Safe Driving

Last edited by nandans2005 : 26th June 2012 at 10:37.
nandans2005 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2012, 12:01   #30
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the Punto, DRIV3R !!!

My friend @ Trichy has the same model in the same color and I had the chance to use the car for 3 days when he left it in my care @ Chennai, while he flew to Calcutta on work.
supremeBaleno is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed