Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st January 2014, 20:24   #46
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
How can the legs pain due to restarting? Due to pressing the clutch and shifting to neutral? If yes then I agree.
Exactly. You have answered your own question.

Anurag.
Old 15th January 2015, 09:54   #47
BHPian

Re: 2012 Maruti WagonR K10 - A review

hi audioholic,
I have been a silent follower of your thread from the beginning. I really liked your thread, your style of writing and your quick responses. Me too own a similar model wagonR bought back in 2010 and your thread has really helped me in maintaining it. Your posts about Short-Term-Fuel-Trim was quite informative.

Thank you.
Blueeyed.
blueeyed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2015, 12:32   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueeyed View Post
I have been a silent follower of your thread from the beginning. I really liked your thread, your style of writing and your quick responses. Me too own a similar model wagonR bought back in 2010 and your thread has really helped me in maintaining it. Your posts about Short-Term-Fuel-Trim was quite informative.
Thank you for the compliments

I havent updated this thread, but all is not well with the car lately. Firstly, the car was driven into a water logged underpass and needless to say, the car was flooded upto the carpet level, and it was muddy water to add to the mess. This happened in my native and my dad misjudged the depth seeing another car drive in and out effortlessly.

Not sure if the car was driven in second gear, but when he slowed down in the underpass the car stalled. He called me immediately and I told him not to do anything with it and just park it to the side and out of the water if possible. Since my uncle accompanied him and we have good local support, the car was pushed out of the underpass and I arranged for a tow truck. After a few minutes I instructed my dad to crank the car since I was expecting the whole car to be written off. It seems the engine didnt crank. That time I expected a hydrolock and further breakage in the block. All electricals were shut down and the main fuse was removed. The vehicle was towed to our farm house where it spent a night with all doors open.

Next morning my dad did a basic inspection of oil, coolant, other fluids. then he powered up only few of the electricals and cranked the engine and it fired up immediately. Luckily the engine hadnt taken in any water. Since I wasnt present there, I dont have an idea of why the car didnt crank. Then without powering up the other electricals, the car was brought to our Bangalore home. Then I got to work, and it took more than a week to bring the car back to normal.

First task was to strip the entire flooring of the car along with trim. There was mud everywhere. Got two mechanics from near my house and the whole carpet was stripped. There are sound deadeners below the carpet which had taken buckets together of water. These were dried and put in the sun for two days to become void of moisture. The carpet in itself was not wet and had dried pretty quickly.

Next issue was the mud in the water had settled on the floor of the car and this was red soil - a wonderful corrosion agent. I scrubbed off the soil dried it. After a thorough cleaning session, I applied anti-corrosion spray on the entire floor area, along with Zorrik wherever apt and finally put the things back to place along with the carpet.

Finally, the car was still electrically dead so after inspecting all the low lying connectors and wiring harnesses, we powered each system and checked for functioning. Fortunately, there were no issues except for a water logged fog lamp. This will be replaced soon. The interiors were then cleaned at 3M car care and the car was finally brought back to shape.

In between all this, the thought of sending the car to the dealer was thrown off, since I can give in writing, either they will foot a huge bill, or do nothing but vacuuming and give the car back to us. Hence no point in trusting them. I bet they wouldnt have done such a detailed job. I even thought of entirely replacing the carpet, but the carpet was not the culprit.

It has been more than two months and some decent running and there are no issues of that incident.

Leaving this, the car is showing some squeaks going on rough roads, from the dashboard. This I can partly blame myself since I had removed a couple of screws to extract the head unit but later have not found time to put them back. Guess its because of this. The annual service is pending this month and along with some preventive maintenance. Not even my 6Y/O SX4 has developed a single squeak or rattle anywhere, but this car has. I shall check if it still exists after putting back the screws.

Overall, three years and 20k kms done with this car. Perhaps, it could take an early retirement from our garage in this year. Practically, its a wonderful car and the high sales are definitely justified. Since ours is like a second(or third) car, its not that impressive wrt performance and quality. I guess the best bet for a new version is with the 1.2L K series engine. This engine is the best of the lot and I cant express words in admiration of the engine in my Dzire. The k12 has a fantastic refinement, NVH, performace as well as economy too. Hence, it wouldnt create any issues with mileage in the wagonR since the Dzire gives the same or more FE than this car.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2015, 19:47   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you for the compliments

I havent updated this thread, but all is not well with the car lately. Firstly, the car was driven into a water logged underpass and needless to say, the car was flooded upto the carpet level, and it was muddy water to add to the mess. This happened in my native and my dad misjudged the depth seeing another car drive in and out effortlessly.
Thats a bad news.
But how did the water enter the cabin? I thought the cabin was water-tight, at least the cabin floor. But after this incident i am really shocked.

Doesn't all cars have their cabin floors(at minimum) water proofed? Our previous M800 had the issue of water seeping in through the floor, but that was due to the rusty floor and missing rubber seals.

Quote:
I guess the best bet for a new version is with the 1.2L K series engine. This engine is the best of the lot and I cant express words in admiration of the engine in my Dzire. The k12 has a fantastic refinement, NVH, performace as well as economy too. Hence, it wouldnt create any issues with mileage in the wagonR since the Dzire gives the same or more FE than this car.
And adding of a bit more width would be a welcome move.
Old 17th January 2015, 20:40   #50
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thats a bad news.
But how did the water enter the cabin? I thought the cabin was water-tight, at least the cabin floor. But after this incident i am really shocked.

Doesn't all cars have their cabin floors(at minimum) water proofed? Our previous M800 had the issue of water seeping in through the floor, but that was due to the rusty floor and missing rubber seals.
You are right. Water entered when the door was opened. I checked there is no way water can enter from any other point. Even the drain plugs are sealed with rust proofing agent.
Old 17th January 2015, 21:43   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Overall, three years and 20k kms done with this car. Perhaps, it could take an early retirement from our garage in this year. Practically, its a wonderful car and the high sales are definitely justified. Since ours is like a second(or third) car, its not that impressive wrt performance and quality. I guess the best bet for a new version is with the 1.2L K series engine. This engine is the best of the lot and I cant express words in admiration of the engine in my Dzire. The k12 has a fantastic refinement, NVH, performace as well as economy too. Hence, it wouldnt create any issues with mileage in the wagonR since the Dzire gives the same or more FE than this car.
Quote:
And adding of a bit more width would be a welcome move.
What are your demands for the improved WagonR?

Increased width, and the K12, whilst retaining the WagonR's USP-Tall-boyness, and of course, the sheer amount of space inside.

The answer, dear fellows, is- The Ritz.

Simply put: The Ritz offers everything you want, and more, whilst retaining what you already have.

Last edited by FINTAIL : 17th January 2015 at 21:46.
Old 17th January 2015, 22:57   #52
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINTAIL View Post
What are your demands for the improved WagonR?

Increased width, and the K12, whilst retaining the WagonR's USP-Tall-boyness, and of course, the sheer amount of space inside.

The answer, dear fellows, is- The Ritz.

Simply put: The Ritz offers everything you want, and more, whilst retaining what you already have.
Technically, agree. But in Marutis books, the car didn't fare well. Maybe due to its looks, or because people felt it was a tad overpriced. But yes the Ritz is better built, bigger and so.

My wish list is only an upgraded engine. Quite satisfied with the dimensions. After a round of driving the SX4, this car feels like it can take on the smallest lanes and gaps where the SX4 can permanently get stuck And for maruti, acceptance matters. I can clearly bet people will buy a WagonR with a bigger engine, but not buy a Ritz even if pricing gets closer to what's currently being offered. That's the sad part about the market. :(
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2016, 17:52   #53
Distinguished - BHPian

I was here just a year back

Car completed 30k kms and turned four years a few days back and one noticeable thing is that compared to the last three years where it run an average of 6.6k kms, this year from Jan 15 to Jan 16 it has run 10k kms. This was due to multiple trips to my native village and also my work takes me 25km one way from few months. This year it is going to raise to 12k kms since it now runs 1k every month.

Got the 4yr 40k service done at Surakshaa and had a pleasant experience, Thankfully nothing was requiring replacement other than the regular consumables. Overall bill came to 5.5k something. Had some minor niggles which were proactively fixed.

I get a mileage of around 12kmpl in average traffic since morning there is zero traffic and evenings I take 1.5hr to cover 25kms. AC used 80%. Should see if this service makes any improvements since just everything was changed including the spark plugs.

Concluding the update, I am facing some clattering noise when engine idles. This occurs at a very certain engine speed and goes off once engine speed changes. Apart from this no issues till now. Planning to keep it for a year or two before I switch;

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks