Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 24th June 2012, 19:08   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

2012 Maruti WagonR K10 - A review

WARNING:

I am not responsible if:
1. You end up reading this whole write up and in the end feel that its a waste of time.
2. Your wife gets angry on you for spending more of the already high amount of time browsing TBHP.
3. You buy the WagonR and aren't satisfied with it.

PRELUDE:

This thread could be boring, meaningless or could go off-track. Please bear with me as I am no good writer, nor are my reviews as sound as what is available in this forum. All I can share with you is my thoughts; as they fly across my head. I must have started this review long back, but neither was I a member here, nor was the car in a state where it could have been evaluated properly, owing to the running-in of the car, as well as its drivers with the car. Getting used to something new is important, before I can really rule things out. This will be justified as you read further. Also, most of the general view of the car is already present in the official review, so I will be avoiding speaking about looks, etc as the review is appropriate enough.
Thanks to the Assembly line, I have some time to sit and go through what I have posted and what I haven't.

Also people may go through my profile and wonder, why maruti always. Being a student, I am not the financier for the cars we buy. Hence, I can voice my opinion, but when the final question arrives, it will always be the seniors, my parents to decide. Having a line of MSIL cars before, they have been loyal, reliable and trustworthy. There are better products in the market for sure, but a Maruti for us wins in the 'Overall' box(whose criterion I myself am not sure about).

The break-up:
It was time we parted with a Maruti Omni we owned for 8 years. It had run 50k kms, and that is usually when we think of selling the car. It was maintained by a MASS and was in top notch condition. The news of us planning to sell the car brought in offers even before any kind of public announcement. There is a mechanic who has a garage opposite my house, and the instance we asked him the approx resale value, he started pestering us to sell the car! The car was emotional for me especially as I learnt my driving in that, and the maneuverability, peppiness at city speeds were phenomenal. It is a tin box, and that never granted it approval for the highways, for which we had bigger cars. Only in its initial years we had toured in it, for one day trips. Randomly, my father had walked in for a True-Value evaluation and they offered an overall price of 1.2 lakhs(1L+20k exchange bonus). The car had some suspension work and battery change waiting, and hence it was decided that we sell this car rather than investing more on it(we have another Omni in my native which is used for farm needs, so no point in having two tin cans). The mechanic opposite my house quoted the same, ie 1.2l.

So once this pestering of the mechanic started, I told him that the car will go to Maruti True value for the same amount he had quoted. The very next hour, he was back with three prospective buyers, with each starting off a competition. It seems this mechanic had told three persons about the sale and all three were interested. My security told me that they had come to take a look at the car sometime back and each owner was not letting go of it. While this mech started convincing each other, I just stood and watched the fun, and once my dad came to join me, the final quote was 1.35l! We couldnt do much other than to agree. The person had come with cash and papers and we bid a sad goodbye to the car. Mechanic promised us that we would get to see the car once in a while. This is the only picture I could find of the Omni(s). Really feel bad for not keeping old memories.

2012 Maruti WagonR K10 - A review-dsc12.jpg

So this paved the way for filling the empty parking space created by the Omni's departure. So next comes the decision.

Last edited by audioholic : 26th June 2012 at 17:22.
audioholic is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 25th June 2012, 11:42   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Coice of the Next car

Now, this will be a second car, a Hatchback or something like that was the basic idea. Budget was limited to five lakh as it was bought cash down without any loan. Perhaps a loan could have made us go up a segment or two, but we wanted a small car as a second car and not a premium hatchback.

Fuel type:
The cheapest diesel available was the Beat. Then followed by Figo, Ritz and the list continues. But all these were above 6l on road(we look at top end only). Moreover, we have a sparse running. The cars do not go out daily, and max they cover is around 400kms a month. What my Omni ran in eight years shows our type of running. Even my 3.5year old SX4 has 19k on the Odo. So, we did not really consider a diesel option looking at the prices. So, the thought of petrol cars brought the i10, the entire Maruti small car stable into our minds. The i10 owned by a relative gave him single digit FE figure in the City. That was the first let down and for our liking for top-end variants, the cost was high.

The visit to the showroom:
When you enter a Maruti Showroom, you are bound to get confused. They have this skill of permutations and combinations whose result ends up in their offering. There is no single Naruto, I repeat no maruti car that does not share parts with its sibilings. So, right from the alto to the sx4, some parts can be associated with others. So you walk in, you feel like you are in a sea - of customers, employees, and cars as well. So indeed we went into a cramped space. Thank god we knew the people there. The manager came and we went around the showroom talking other things.

There was the Estilo, with the *something* brown. Clean and elegant it looked. How much? - was my mom's question. So the price was fine, looks were good. As my father went through technical specs, test drive was my thought. I had not seen the interiors closely before anywhere, thanks to its huge sales numbers(sarcasm, obviously but no offence meant for any owner). Grabbed the keys and opened the doors. The dash panels are made up of some maroon-brown-beige weird combo. Certainly not our liking. Also, rear power window switches are of the baleno era with a toy car-style toggle. Oh come on Maruti, when you master the art of part inter matching, who cant you plonk in a decent switch like what is found in your other offerings? Cup-holder, AC vents etc lacked both quality and as I said colour. Speaking about its performance, I dont think we can make out much of it in the test drive, but similar to my WR. Judgement reserved!

We came back, and held our thoughts untill we see the other siblings. The A-Star was ruled out after my dad had some difficulty in making himself comfortable in the back seat. We both are tall, and he prefers sitting in the back giving me the chauffeur image and hence, rear seat comfort is also important. Else I would have choosen the A*. Frankly speaking, the wagonR was never ever in our minds, given its exterior looks. But you get used to it they say, and so it happened. The interiors were classy compared to the other siblings(not skoda or VW) and the equipment levels were also good. Heck I and my dad could be seated one behind the other without fighting for space. And if the passenger seat in the front was slid all the way front, the space was good enough for us to stretch and cross our legs.

As the time for paperwork arrived, we are still confused, brown WR comes a voice, white estilo is heard elsewhere, WR duo LPG comes out of the SA's mouth. "I dont want my car running on gas" replies my dad who is not at all a fan of LPG run vehicles(you can understand that he is a petrolhead too ). Neither does he favor diesel. He is the only person in my family(including uncles, cousins etc) who shows the engine its redline frequently. Yes he does have fun driving. How to differentiate between the Estilo and WagonR? - Was what my mother was wondering about. Obviously, she is not a person who knows anything about cars. And I started - Old platform, outdated style and so on, for which she was smiling at me.

The Estilo is and was doing bad numbers. That was what caught my dad's attention. When this WR can do 10k+ units, why was the estilo struggling to keep at least 1k units a month? At that point even the SA started favoring the WR. And the colour? Frankly we could have done better by choosing black or white, as it really looks good on the car, but the colour chosen was Breeze blue. We walked into the showroom having no idea of 'booking' a car. But we came out with the confirmation and poorer by some money. Still, this car is nowhere near our bigger steed was what my mother commented. Yes obviously :P

Last edited by audioholic : 26th June 2012 at 17:22.
audioholic is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 26th June 2012, 17:37   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

The wait...

Dont be mistaken by the title. There is no waiting period as such. Our booking was done in the third week of December. We had taken writing that we would be given a Jan 2012 car. Somehow, fate turned elsewhere and there was a registration problem. We were exempted from lifetime tax and that idea was being scrapped by the RTO was the rumor we heard. So, in order to avoid this, we had to prepone the delivery and the car was registered in the last week of december. Of-course we did an extensive PDI and the SA was shocked to hear the manf. date from my mouth before she could say it or fake it. It was a november 2011 manufactured vehicle that had arrived at the dealer in the second week of december. The exact date of manufacture was 22nd november, as per the parking slip of the maruti yard I got. We took delivery on the 27th of December. Due to some pressure from grandparents regarding some auspicious time, we did the customary puja on the 1st of January.

Price - It doesnt matter now, but the final price was somewhere at 3.8L on road excluding road tax, 35% NCB on insurance and offers combined. Sweet actually. Never made us bother about the amount.

Accessories given free:
  • Underbody coating
  • Floor mats of crap quality
  • Idol, Air freshner
  • HSRP type number plates
  • Mudflaps

Accessories added by self:
  • Llumar sunfilm at a discounted rate(50% VLT) at the dealer - And removed
  • 3M paint sealant treatment - This is amazing
  • LED parking bulbs(these fused before I could take a proper snap)

Accessories being planned:
  • A better set of LED parking bulbs - These give a cool look to the blue eyed boy theme.
  • USB adapter for the HU, or
  • ICE Upgrade - Wait till the warranty gets over
  • Lighting upgrade to 100/90 - I have these on my SX4 and they rock compared to the stock bulbs. However, I am skeptical because my SX4 has an inner heat shield in teh lamp assembly and the distance between bulb and glass is higher, whereas the Waggy has neither. So I am worried about the fading of reflector whereas my SX4's lights look brand new even today.

Last edited by audioholic : 27th June 2012 at 11:36.
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th June 2012, 23:27   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

D-day, along with first impressions

Delivery experience was mixed, and the car was purchased at Garuda autocraft. Having taken three cars from them, the experience has always been good. Though I can't compare with other dealers, from my service experience, I rate these people higher than sagar and bimal. Due to a large number of deliveries on that day, my car was not even cleaned properly and the sun-films were not yet on. Royally losses off seeing my car in that state, one meet with the GM of the dealership resulted in my car coming up to the limelight
One guy started hosing down the car, another brought the sunfilms, the SA though not so happy after I reached the higher-Ups made other arrangements. Damn, I don't care what she feels but it was her duty to keep things prepared as we had properly informed her the date and time. Last minute jobs are not usually done well. Suspecting such things, we had made it to the showroom earlier than we had informed. Still, the process took long and we finally got the keys of the new ride.

2012 Maruti WagonR K10 - A review-tb1.jpg

So I had to drive Sx4 home and it was like a pilot car to the new arrival. As usual, we get the same questions fired at us, "petrol gaadi?"etc. These days owning a petrol car or two really makes people think you're a rich guy .

I got my hands upon the car only after it came home, and I finally sat in the driver's seat.
There is an orange backlit console right from the speedometer to the audio system.

mirror controls are the same as in my Sx4(swift too). So are the headlamp and other switchgear. More about this later.

The car starts with a sound similiar to the alto. But that day, with windows roles up, it was very silent and smooth - miles ahead of the previous gen car.

Soft clutch, brakes. Again more later. Had some difficulty slotting it into gear and it moved, with me being extra cautious. Accelarate slowly to keep revvs low and I slot into second. As I press the acc pedal, the car seems to be dead. Literally, Zero throttle response in second gear. Looked at the tacho to check if I had stalled the car. It was around 1.5k RPM at that time, slowly increasing. So, first thought was to give more work to the engine than the gearbox. But we should run-in the car. Forcibly I move the shift points to 3k rpms. Once after 2k Rpm, its really like the turbo spooling up in a diesel. The car just launches off and throttle becomes sensitive. And this is exactly observed at 2k rpms. Not more, not less. It was already night and the car was parked and I hit the bed.

Last edited by audioholic : 27th June 2012 at 10:36.
audioholic is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th June 2012, 11:00   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

First service Update:

The car was ready for the first service one month after we bought it, with roughly 600kms on the Odo. The service center is located quite far off, with metro construction hampering the ease of travel. So the car was picked up by their driver. First service is just a wash and inspection. But to give them some work, here are the issues identified:
  • A slight play in the clutch pedal
  • Condensation in the headlight assembly
  • Lack of low-end torque: Though this is a known characteristic of the K10, I wanted them to take this as a complaint, hoping maruti will address this problem in the future vehicles at least
  • Crap of an audio system - I am an SQL guy and this doesnt simply convince me. Again, this was more of a feedback as I know that the dealer cannot replace those nippon kit with something better

The car was delivered in the afternoon itself. So the aftermath of the service:
  • Car was washed, still dust got deposited due to the construction work on the way - As soon as I pointed this out, the driver pulled out a cloth and started wiping. God its okay I dont mind - And I hushed him off.
  • Pedal play was fixed and now the problem is that the clutch acts only in the last stages of releasing the pedal. So now I must be extra sure to not touch the pedal unnecessarily as I am sure it will induce slippage.
  • Sadly, the condensation was not present during the time of service or till date. So, couldnt do much about it.
  • Feedback points were taken as feedback itself and no measures to correct them.
  • I cant rate them for this service but I will give them 10/10 for a fabolous paintjob they have done on the SX4 sometime ago. The paint work is not noticeable even by my mechanic neighbour.
  • Bill - Duh, 0.
  • But I suspect that the driver has stolen some fuel, as the FE was 8kmpl after the service.
Old 27th June 2012, 11:30   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

From first service - Till date, ie before second service

1. Engine performance:

Has improved greatly. The dead feeling below 2k RPM has vanished and though it doesn't pick up so well, still it is just sluggish. After 2k RPM, the car does not have issues till redline and it accelerates and accelerates - Good for giving those bikers who just honk at your back. Floor the pedal and you just take off. Good for overtakes too. The engine is smooth, no vibrations, except when the idling drops below 600 rpm.

2. Engine efficiency:

Maintain the car in its powerband, ie above 2k RPM and below 3k RPM, and you get good efficiency from the car. Usage of minimum accelerator will fetch you 15+ given any condition. Lugging the car, hard driving etc will give you somewhere around 11-13kmpl.

3. Gearbox:

Leagues ahead of the previous version. Initially slotting action was a bit hard, not now. The gears have smoothened and shifting is good.

4. Brakes: Forgot about this, but my father insisted on the Vxi-ABS trim. The SA or the showroom personnel had no clue on this and they were unaware of the wait as well, so we had to forcibly let go of this option. Speaking about the brakes, the pedals are sensitive. A light tap on the brake pedal will reduce the speed of the vehicle instantly(along with engine braking), but somehow I felt in neutral, braking was not so effective. A full push of the pedal will give you considerable amount of braking, so I will conclude that the brakes are effective enough untill your speeds cross three digits.

5. Tyres: Have got apollo amazer 3g tyres. Only grouse is that, due to its low profile, ride is harsh. The lxi version offers better ride than this. Though it is not so bumpy, you are supposed to take potholes slowly, compared to which I can glide across in the SX4. Also, If I want to increase tyre width within permissible limits, I have to further reduce profile which is the worst part. Think switching to 13 inchers and increasing section width will be a better idea. Also, rim bends are expected.

6. Electronics in the car: Fog lamps are okayish. Not the SX4 kind. Rear fog lamps are not used unless you think of it. Rear wipers and defoggers are effective as well as useful. Electronic mirrors are another HUGE advantage during parking. Its like having two movable cameras covering each side of the car. We have an ultra tight parking space for the car and without these, the job is impossible and another person is required to carefully instruct during parking. Double horns are better compared to the single tone ones on the lower variants. As this comes with a built in relay, upgrade is easy.

7. AC: For bangy climate, it is good enough. However, my SX4's AC is a chiller. Waggy does not have such an effective one. It takes sometime to really work it out. Also, engine power is sapped by a 'noticeable' amount. Also, compressor is cut off during engine start and it comes into play 1~2 seconds after cranking up. So no switching off AC during start.

8. In the traffic: Proper gearing is the key to both performance as well as efficiency of this vehicle. No trying to ride the clutch and sticking to second gear. Be in the appropriate gear and use as less accelarator as possible. NVH is really worked upon compared to the previous versions and driving is not strenous. Steering is light and easy to handle. Hardens as speed increases. Small bumps are absorbed well and the rear passengers will not blast you upon for bad ride quality.

9. On the Highway:

Car cruises easily at 100kph without crying. It can go higher than that as well, but considering safe limits of braking and handling, I stick to that figure. Also, the boat like ride of the i10 is not present. Recently I drove the i10 in the western ghats and some other highway, but the car really bounces too much, and the rear passengers will notice that you are driving fast and make an issue. The smallest of undulations are greeted with a long lasting bounce. Even the Alto stays planted on the same stretches. Coming back to the WR, as I said, speeds are not noticeable. However, I am not so confident of high speed lane changes in this car. The car is good enough for a straight line. Making sudden turns, I am sure the car will toss up. So no trying also! Car is very silent at high speeds too.

So much for now, more bits on interior and exterior quality, smaller things that aren't usually noticed by all and etc in the coming days, as I prefer to make it pictorial.

As of now, the car has covered 3.5k kms and will be going for the first service this week. On an average, FE is 13-15 in the city and 17-19 on the highway. The car has not seen much of the highway except for going from BAngalore to Kolar, a distance of 70kms with half of traffic. So highway average cant be determined properly.

Overall, the car is very much practical, and as a second car, it is a strong contender.
audioholic is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 27th June 2012, 12:18   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

re: 2012 Maruti WagonR K10 - A review

Note from Mod : Thread moved to Initial Ownership Section. Thanks for sharing it with us.
Old 27th June 2012, 12:47   #8
BHPian

Congrats on the Wagon R, wish you safe and happy kms in it.

I thought you are a pretty good writer. Good review.

I can relate to what you said about having only MSIL cars. My parents had two Maruti 800's, a Wagon R and a Swift after which they finally changed their loyalty to Chevrolet. Funnily enough I bought a Chevrolet as well.

Lack of low end-torque seems to be common among all small petrol engines nowadays. They are almost like pseudo TC'ed petrol engines

So how much FE does it ultimately give you?
Old 27th June 2012, 14:50   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks. these days with a light foot I am able to extract 14-15kmpl in city. The car has not seen highways lately and long back it gave 16kmpl under hard driving on the highway.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2012, 16:48   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Second service update:

Highlights:
  • ODO: 3590kms
  • Cost:Rs. 0
  • Vehicle In: 1000hrs; Vehicle Out: 1445hrs

Car was picked up by the company driver half an hour behind schedule. He ensured that each and every detail was noted down right from ECU number till tyre make etc. There was no major issue with the car, except for a humming sound I used to get in low speeds. Was called at 1230 that car was 'serviced' and is getting washed. However, I could go there only after lunch. While taking road test, I wanted to have a look at their scan tool. Though I did not insist, the SA was kind enough to lend it to me and we both went on another road test to monitor parameters. I observed that Engine runs negative STFT, ie short term fuel trims most of the times except under sudden and hard accelaration. That should mean that engine is running a leaner mixture most of the times. However, I see just average FE. I think I will comment more about FE after first oil change.

Car was thoroughly washed and cleaned. Gave an overall feedback of 9 points as most of the aspects were as per my satisfaction.
Old 5th July 2012, 22:43   #11
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2012 Maruti WagonR K10 - A review

Congratulations on the Wagon-R. It'll serve you for years without any trouble. Have many more happy and safe miles with your car. Blue is the best color for a Wagon-R. If I'm not wrong, I have spotted this car recently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
The car was emotional for me especially as I learnt my driving in that, and the maneuverability, peppiness at city speeds were phenomenal. It is a tin box, and that never granted it approval for the highways, for which we had bigger cars.
I absolutely liked your first post. Even we own a 2002 model "tin-box" which has faithfully served us for 10 years without any issues. People around my locality are pestering us to sell them our Omni for 1.2 - 1.4L but I have disagreed since this tin-box is like our family member. Most of them criticize Omni as a very unsafe vehicle, in fact it hasn't got any of the safety features. But if we drive safely, there is nothing to worry about. We never had a single incident with it in the past 10 years. Its far better than riding a two wheeler on our roads.

Last edited by guyfrmblr : 5th July 2012 at 22:45.
guyfrmblr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th July 2012, 22:51   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

Absolutely safer than a two wheeler. For the purpose the car serves and the practicality it offers, there is nothing like the Omni. This was the second out of the three omnis we had that was sold. The third one is a BS-3 version used in our farm. It has run 70k in the past four years. The purpose it serves us itself makes us cling onto the car. But this one will not be sold though.

BTW, thanks for the wishes and for the early bird spotting of this car the very day it got the stickers
Old 18th July 2012, 17:30   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

After a drive in the rains yesterday, I found the drivers side headlamp assembly full of moisture condensation. First time for a maruti in my garage. Called the SA and he will send a person to pick up the car tomorrow. But I only have pictures to prove the problem. Lets see what they will do.
Old 7th October 2012, 16:52   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

5000kms update:

5000kms update:

Car completed 5000kms a couple of days back. Some highlights:
  • Low end seems to be getting better. Without AC the car picks up from third gear comfortably.
  • Right foot pressure has been reduced, which has improved overall GE. Dont ask how much, as I haven't calculated.
  • Plastics begin to age, but regular dressing helps keep their blackness. Better compared to other wagonrs which have dull plastics.
  • Heard wierd noises from engine bay on two ocassions while starting early in the morning. However disappeared by the time I popped open the hood.
  • Audio systen begs for an upgrade for an audiophile like me, but if I have to do something then it requires serious time as well as money. Money not a concern but time is, for me currently.
  • Both headlamps were replaced under warranty without hassles but the new one is not focussed. Will do it this week as per my liking.

And another Omni was purchased and is currently doing duty in kolar. The utility served by the breadbox is always unmatched.

Last edited by audioholic : 7th October 2012 at 16:53.
Old 4th December 2012, 21:10   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

First service update:
My WagonR completed the first service(third free service, but I will take only this one as a service, the rest two being inspections) today at Garuda Autocraft, the selling dealer. ODO read 6700 kms today. It was not yet a year, but I wanted new oil in the car and as soon as I got the reminder, I booked a service. Here are some highlights:

Issues reported to dealer:
  • Difficulty in slotting gears in the mornings.
  • Roaring noise from blower, which developed recently.
  • Steering used to be super soft at times, and hard at parking speeds. Think the steering needed lubrication, as after a wash or driving in rains made the steering super light.

Actions taken by dealer:
  • Gear cable was lubricated and linkages removed and refitted
  • Blower was opened up and cleaned, to remove leaves which had got stuck
  • Steering linkages lubricated

Apart from this, they did carry out the normal service, and at last, the car got fresh oil. I always wanted to change oil somewhere in between, as I was not fine with the car running the same oil right from factory. Wheel alignment and balancing as well as rotation was performed a couple of weeks back at Tyre professionals and I had not allowed the service folks to do the same. I trust TP for this job.

Dealership experience:

Car was booked for service, however, I had not confirmed the previous day for pickup. The driver did not turn up nor did I receive an authorisation message. I called them up at 10:00 AM and they had not registered my car for the service. However, they agreed to send a driver for pickup immediately. He turned up in half an hour and picked up my car.

I got a call after my car reached the service center. The SA was totally out of track about things. He stated the cost at Rs. 1400. I casually asked for breakup, and this fellow ran out of thoughts. Here is the convo, quite hilarious:
SA: Sir(introductory blah blah blah!) cost of the service will be around Rs 1400.
Me: Yes that's fine could you please give the breakup(wanted to avoid hidden costs).
SA: Sir we will change oil and oil filter.
Me: Then the cost must be less than what you said right? Oil will be around 300 a liter and filter another 100. (he could have given a higher estimate)
SA: Oil is 800 a liter sir.
Me: Are you using synthetic by any chance? The last time I filled up for my other car, it was less than 300.
SA: Sir prices have gone up, and now its 800.
Me: So you will be filling 3 liters, and that itself costs 2400.
SA: Sir it is 2.9 liters exactly.
Me: Dear fellow, please contact someone else and verify the cost. I am not arguing about the overall estimate you gave, but the breakup seems to break my head here. Moreover, chuck this matter, you do your job. I will look at the bill later.
SA: Sir AC blower has leaves in it, and it will cost 350 to remove the blower and clean it.
Me: Brother, firstly, why would leaves get into the blower? Is not a proper mesh to prevent such things?
SA: You would have used outside air sir so leaves would have come in.
At this point, I got a bit angry.
Me: See, if leaves get stuck in there, that is a design problem and not my fault. If you are adamant about charging for that, please dont do it.
(The job is a DIY) I shall contact your superior for the same.
SA: Bye sir I shall call you once the car is done.

Called up the Territory service manager, MSIL. He assured me he would look into things. End of the day, my car was delivered with the AC blower cleaned, free of cost. SA behaviour became very obliging and he was no longer speaking without proper evidence. One might think I am stingy, but come on, Rs. 350 is not at all justifiable for that job. Moreover, the car is under warranty and it is cost cutting by MSIL in not providing mesh guards. My sx4 has this and till date I dont have issues.

Car was delivered with all jobs done, and overall bill was Rs 1042, which was what I had expected. Straight forward. Dropped the driver to a bus stop and gave him a good tip. Those chaps work for twelve hours a day and it was raining heavily. He had to catch a bus, and he thanked me for the drop and the tip Guess he will be of use when I visit them again. Car seems smooth and peppy. All the issues have been sorted.

FE these days has improved to 18+ on the highways. In 50:50 city and highway, I get around 460 kms for a tank of 29 liters with 50% AC usage.

Here is an image:
2012 Maruti WagonR K10 - A review-af.jpg

Last edited by audioholic : 4th December 2012 at 21:17.
audioholic is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed