Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 28th June 2012, 21:43   #31
BHPian

re: M(y) Hawk - Grey Mahindra XUV500 W6 (5000km Update & Wild Hawk at Page 7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
BTW, a interesting comparo between the two beasts will be interesting to read. I remember reading a similar report from Behemoth of comparo between Civic and Yeti, IIRC. Do try and put up the report when you have some free time.
Ajay, Thanks. Whenever I get some time, I will surely put a comparo between the T-Jet and XUV. But actually you know, they cannot be compared in true sense. Both are meant for two different things, however let me give it a shot when I get some time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIP View Post
I must say I like the beige interiors better than black though.
Thanks NIP. To my taste, black was better. The beige was too light to my liking.

And guys, its exactly a week with my XUV and the experience has been wonderful so far. Hope this continues.

Last edited by Sathya_sc : 28th June 2012 at 21:45.
Old 1st July 2012, 10:43   #32
BHPian

Have added another 300 kms to the ODO. Now the ODO stands at 2300kms and no issues with the car except the Driver side Door locking problem appearing sporadically. The solution / workaround that I use is, if that problem appears, I either pull the door (un)lock lever outside / inside once and the door closes without a glitch immediately. Have to fix this permanently during the first Service.

Yesterday, took the beast to the photoshoot (Courtesy Sriram Guruswamy). I think this is one of the best photoshoots we have ever had. More to follow this teaser. So keep reading.. I am loving the beast.

Unleashing the Devil..
Attached Thumbnails
M(y) Hawk - Grey Mahindra XUV500 W6, 62000 kms update-1.jpg  

M(y) Hawk - Grey Mahindra XUV500 W6, 62000 kms update-2.jpg  

M(y) Hawk - Grey Mahindra XUV500 W6, 62000 kms update-3.jpg  

M(y) Hawk - Grey Mahindra XUV500 W6, 62000 kms update-4.jpg  

M(y) Hawk - Grey Mahindra XUV500 W6, 62000 kms update-5.jpg  

Sathya_sc is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 1st July 2012, 11:02   #33
Team-BHP Support

Door closing issue is also possible when the car is not on level ground. Whenever you face this issue, is the car completely level i.e. all 4 wheels on same level surface? If you have one wheel on a kerb or car at an angle when parked, the chasis flexes and the door wont close as easy as before since the alignment will be off. This is just Mahindras way of telling you that the tolerances to these are not great. :-)
Vid6639 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st July 2012, 11:04   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Door closing issue is also possible when the car is not on level ground. Whenever you face this issue, is the car completely level i.e. all 4 wheels on same level surface? If you have one wheel on a kerb or car at an angle when parked, the chasis flexes and the door wont close as easy as before since the alignment will be off. This is just Mahindras way of telling you that the tolerances to these are not great. :-)
Oh is it? I am not aware of this. However, when this issue occurs, I believe the car was on a level surface only. However, let me check and revert. Thanks for the tip.
Old 1st July 2012, 11:18   #35
Senior - BHPian

Awesome pictures there Sathya. Looking ahead for more pictures. I am happy that my car also participated in the photo shoot along with your Cheetah .
rameshnanda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2012, 12:44   #36
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Awesome photos. Poster material. One of the best photos of XUV on the forum. Keep updating this thread with your wonderful driving experiences. Take care and drive safe.
MAS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2012, 14:32   #37
BHPian

Grey color looks fabulous on xuv. Waiting for detailed interior photo shoot.

I know xuv has some of the best interior colour scheme (especially the black and maroon combo).

Enjoy many more safe kms with xuv. Keep them coming.
arunu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2012, 16:30   #38
BHPian

Rames, MAS and Arunu.. Thanks a lot. Arun, Interior shots in the next shoot. In this shoot, only had time to bring out the beast at its best.. Drove about 70-80kms out of Chennai to take these shots. Complete credit goes to Sriram. He is amazing actually!

Now presenting some more of my beast. More to come soon.
Attached Thumbnails
M(y) Hawk - Grey Mahindra XUV500 W6, 62000 kms update-6.jpg  

M(y) Hawk - Grey Mahindra XUV500 W6, 62000 kms update-7.jpg  

M(y) Hawk - Grey Mahindra XUV500 W6, 62000 kms update-8.jpg  

M(y) Hawk - Grey Mahindra XUV500 W6, 62000 kms update-10.jpg  

M(y) Hawk - Grey Mahindra XUV500 W6, 62000 kms update-9.jpg  

Sathya_sc is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2012, 12:42   #39
Senior - BHPian

Mind-blowing pics Sathya!

Looks like you did take the 2 beasts together on a ride. What location is this? How was the ride?
Old 2nd July 2012, 13:44   #40
BHPian

Amazing photos! these are better that the XUV's official photos from M&M. Not kidding!
ulhas.ahirrao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2012, 13:55   #41

Wow. Great snaps. You would try to sell these photos to M&M so that they can replace their official photos. If not then constantly follow their site so that they don't replace their snaps with yours.
Old 2nd July 2012, 22:35   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Mind-blowing pics Sathya!

Looks like you did take the 2 beasts together on a ride. What location is this? How was the ride?
Thanks Ajay. The Linea is my friend's one - Multi Jet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulhas.ahirrao View Post
Amazing photos! these are better that the XUV's official photos from M&M. Not kidding!
Thanks buddy. Indeed the photos have come out well and the credit goes to Sriram who shots these pics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RallyMaster View Post
Wow. Great snaps. You would try to sell these photos to M&M so that they can replace their official photos. If not then constantly follow their site so that they don't replace their snaps with yours.
haha.. True. Even the official website does not host the pics of this quality. Truly, beast unleashed. Await more pics!
Old 3rd July 2012, 08:30   #43
Senior - BHPian

Hey those are the great pictures, Sathya.
Both the cars look fantastic and some very good compositions by your freinds. thanks for sharing.
I have two small highway trips so far with Odo at 1600kms. I'm planning to go for similar shoot, looking for a decent place and more importantly, the time
wish you many more miles with your hawk and drive safe.
Ketan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2012, 23:49   #44
BHPian

Jet and the XUV..

It has been a while since I updated my experience with my Jet, nah.. the XUV. Isn't?

Here I present my experience with the Jet IN COMPARISON to my XUV. Straight from my heart in a simple layman's view.

Let me start from the topic related to the heart of both the beasts.

Power: It was last Sunday (1-July-2012) when I parked my XUV on the side of my garage where I generally allow the car to rest. What I mean is when I park at that side of my garage, I generally do not take it until the next week and since then life has been reset with my Jet. Back to the old lovely days. Oh man, what a change in the power characteristics of both the machines. One with the brute force and the other, with the silky smooth engine. So which one is the best and what best describes both of their character?

So the moment I started driving my Jet after some 2300kms with the XUV, I found the petrol turbo, a relatively smaller engine, whole lot more punchy than the beast. What a world of difference in the 1st 3 gears, zip, zap, zoom and you are gone in the Jet just leaving the streak of dust behind. But does that mean XUV is a slouch.. No, you are mistaken, XUV pulls like a locomotive from 4th with that 330NM of pulling madness. Easily, XUV is better in 4/5/6 gears with that oodles of torque and enjoys the benefit of having the larger displacement of the two. I am NOT talking about mathematics/paper based torque/BHP figures here. All I am telling is the FEEL that you get from both the cars. Jet is best in the initial and midrange acceleration and it feels blisteringly fast than the XUV in that area. But where the XUV shines is from 4th gear. Its clearly a highway monster. No two doubts on that. So both of them have been ear marked now - Jet for City and short highway sprints where you would want to have some ADRENALINE drive and XUV for those long hauls where you need steady speeds and some lethargic cruising with those short bursts. Both of them are monsters in their own respect. Happy for owning these two beautiful "beasts"! Ask for a winner, its really a tough call - However, I will give it to the XUV just for that locomotive like pull even though Linea is faster than the XUV. The torque in XUV is addictive actually. Remember, my Linea also has a turbo under its belt.

Driveability: XUV is the king here. There is no major feel of turbo lag and the engine just keeps lugging around at 30 in 3rd and slight press of the accelerator, you start feeling the horses getting unleashed in no time. I felt that Linea had relatively more lag than the XUV. XUV wins here.

Handling: Here I am comparing apples and oranges, Jet with its razor sharp handling and with that 'GOD CRAFTED' steering says everything that happens on the road and more, making you feel that you are in ABSOLUTE control of the situation. Those last minute cuts and sudden maneuvers are like a piece of cake for the Jet. It’s like - when you put the Jet on a tight spot in handling, the beauty will eat it and mock at you for not giving more. It’s not really fair to compare the XUV here, but it’s not a poor handler by any means. It’s that, since I drive the Jet, very few cars satisfy me in terms of handling.

To explain about the XUV, XUV's steering is slightly vague in the city (no dead spot though, which is actually a deal breaker for me) but weighs up nicely as you build momentum. And when you push it to a corner, there is a fair amount of under steer and sometimes it will make you nervous (I badly miss the ESP). Know her limits (by far, better than the expensive SUV's), and it will reward you. You cannot really expect more. Am I satisfied with the XUV? Absolutely Yes, in the handling department. I knew what I am getting into and I must say XUV exceeded my expectations in that department.

But ask for a winner, who else can it be, It’s the Razor sharp Jet.

Ride: This is where XUV shows it is an SUV. Small speed breakers or pot holes are no more a worry for me. XUV just glides over them where the Linea struggles a little bit (esp. the T-jet since it has a stiffer suspension set up than the MJD). But as you build speed, Linea feels more pliant in the ride and the undulations on the highway don't throw you around inside the car (feels like a magic carpet). XUV can become a little bit bouncy here compared to Linea.

For ride, it would be a tough call, but still Linea wins in this department in my opinion.

Road presence: There is no second question here. Approach a sedan or a hatch faster from behind or even sometimes the office cabs who are notorious for driving rash, slowly they start moving OUT of your way when you are in the XUV. The aggressive front and being a large car is a CLEAR ADVANTAGE here.

There is no need for a winner here, clearly XUV has cleared by a mile.

Looks: Linea is simply the best and I see people turning their heads to see the curves of the beauty even after being with her for close to 18 months! XUV also attracts attention, but Linea has the edge with her beautiful lines and those luscious curves. What a classic design.. Driving a Linea, I sometimes drool on some other Linea on the road. Crazy, Isn't? So it’s the Linea that takes the 'Mrs. Universe' title (come on guys, its married to me)-

Now what do I like to drive? Have been driving my Jet for the past 4 days and NEVER did I miss the XUV. The same is true when I drive my XUV. Am I confusing? Yes, I will, I am myself confused, so what else can you expect?. However, XUV needs to prove to be a worthy companion which the Linea has proved and gone beyond. One trouble free, reliable rocket I must say! Does this mean, I love to drive ONLY my Jet? No.. Yes.. No..Yes..oh no, I am not going to answer this question now. Will reserve this answer for the future. Sorry guys, please excuse.

I am happy with both my choices, the beauty and the beast.

Presenting some more pics of the beast. More to follow! (Courtesy - Sriram Guruswamy)
Attached Thumbnails
M(y) Hawk - Grey Mahindra XUV500 W6, 62000 kms update-11.jpg  

M(y) Hawk - Grey Mahindra XUV500 W6, 62000 kms update-13.jpg  

M(y) Hawk - Grey Mahindra XUV500 W6, 62000 kms update-14.jpg  

M(y) Hawk - Grey Mahindra XUV500 W6, 62000 kms update-15.jpg  

M(y) Hawk - Grey Mahindra XUV500 W6, 62000 kms update-17.jpg  

Sathya_sc is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 6th July 2012, 00:51   #45
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations sathya for being a proud owner of the beast. These pics are the best i have ever seen of the XUV. Each pic can be given just one word - perfect. They make me fall deeper in love with the XUV. And a very interesting comparo between your two possesions. Its quite difficult to compare two cars so close two ones heart. Hats-off to you for doing that successfully. And yes, the colour choice is just spot on. It cant be better than this.
Awaiting more pics.
Take care and drive safe.

Regards
dZired is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed