Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th July 2012, 23:46   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sathya_sc
The plan is to start by Aug 14th and return by Sep 5th 2013. The trip has already been planned with stopovers etc.
I too am planning on similar dates with my XUV , would love to join this group
Old 10th July 2012, 11:19   #62
BHPian

re: M(y) Hawk - Grey Mahindra XUV500 W6 (5000km Update & Wild Hawk at Page 7)

Hi Sathya, Congrats on the XUV. It truly draws the eyes and the photos you have uploaded shows the true colour of the beast and also your passion for him. Have a great ride with him. Now my question: Is the radiator kept very close to the grill? I have heard that the Ford Figo has its radiator kept very close to the grill. Is that the same with XUV?
KL01BE is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2012, 17:39   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaibhavdalal View Post
I too am planning on similar dates with my XUV , would love to join this group
Welcome to the club. We can connect and plan this further.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KL01BE View Post
Hi Sathya, Congrats on the XUV. It truly draws the eyes and the photos you have uploaded shows the true colour of the beast and also your passion for him. Have a great ride with him. Now my question: Is the radiator kept very close to the grill? I have heard that the Ford Figo has its radiator kept very close to the grill. Is that the same with XUV?
As far I saw, the radiator appears to be at a decent distance from the grill. I am not sure what you mean by near.. 5cms or 10cms between grill and radiator.. if you are specific, I can check and let you know.

Also, whats' the reason behind this question?
Old 11th July 2012, 10:56   #64
BHPian

I recently saw an accident involving an XUV. An XUV hitting a Tata Ace from behind. Though the incident was a minor one, the XUV's radiator was crushed and started to leak. Hence the question.

Regards
KL01BE
Old 11th July 2012, 12:37   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sathya_sc
Welcome to the club. We can connect and plan this
Should we start off a separate thread to have only the Leh trip's planning & the concluding travelouge
Old 11th July 2012, 13:14   #66
Senior - BHPian

Firstly I thought the pics on page 3 are from the commercials. Awesome pics.

You may contact Mahindra for using the same for commercials. Seriously.

A very balanced comparison too.
Old 11th July 2012, 16:26   #67
BHPian

Congrats on your new "BEASt"
The photographs you have posted are just mind blowing. Even i agree that the winner in the first 3 gears, is the T-jet, but after that XUV starts showing the advantage of the 2.2L motor under its hood. Congrats again!
Drive safe
Old 11th July 2012, 22:32   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KL01BE View Post
I recently saw an accident involving an XUV. An XUV hitting a Tata Ace from behind. Though the incident was a minor one, the XUV's radiator was crushed and started to leak. Hence the question
Looks like the radiator must be about 15cms away from the grill. Not sure if it is nearer or far by any standards. In my FIAT, it is comparitively farther (Say about 20-25cms from the grill. So compared to my Jet, XUV has the radiator closer to the grill which is not good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaibhavdalal View Post
Should we start off a separate thread to have only the Leh trip's planning & the concluding travelouge
Sure, we can. We can do it by April types next year and conclude it with a superb travelogue. Its going be some real fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaureanBull View Post
Firstly I thought the pics on page 3 are from the commercials. Awesome pics. You may contact Mahindra for using the same for commercials. Seriously. A very balanced comparison too.
Thanks man. Again, I will be up for a long trip day after tomorrow and this would be the longest of all the trips that I have done in my XUV so far(close to 1500kms roundabout per say). Lets see how it behaves during the trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naparajito View Post
Congrats on your new "BEASt"
The photographs you have posted are just mind blowing. Even i agree that the winner in the first 3 gears, is the T-jet, but after that XUV starts showing the advantage of the 2.2L motor under its hood. Congrats again!
Drive safe
Thanks man and Yes, the feel in XUV is better at higher gears. But I still believe, in a real world condition, T-Jet will do better speeds than the XUV. Its just that, the torque makes you feel that the XUV is faster because of the sheer pulling madness. Having said that, I would still give it to XUV for that awesome feel that it creates in higher gears. The sweet turbo whistle and whoosh, the XUV is gone.

However, just an incident that is still very fresh in my mind - In ECR, in a superb straight, was cruising in my Jet happily at about 120 types in the evening. Suddenly from no where, an XUV approaches and overtakes as though my Jet is stand still. Revved the T-jet to all its glory in 4th and still was only able to tail the "for regn" white Cheetah. XUV must have been doing really high speeds (north of 170 for sure). And after some time, a bad corner comes, I smiled, shifted to fourth, with the RPM needle crossing the infamous 3500 mark around the corner, and the Jet still glued to the tarmac while the XUV vanished as a dot in my ORVM! I never saw the XUV again.

What to say.. Now, I have the white beast and the grey monster parked next to each other in front of my home. Let peace prevail
Old 12th July 2012, 08:14   #69
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sathya_sc View Post
Yesterday, took the beast to the photoshoot (Courtesy Sriram Guruswamy). I think this is one of the best photoshoots we have ever had. More to follow this teaser. So keep reading.. I am loving the beast.

Unleashing the Devil..
Absolutely gorgeous set of pics! The dramatic sky is beautiful. And of course the grey XUV has a lot of character.
SDP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2012, 09:24   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

What to say.. Now, I have the white beast and the grey monster parked next to each other in front of my home.
First off Sathya_sc, Congrats for having one of the most "Enviable Real World" garage dude.
One is a "Land to Air Missile" while the other "Missile on Land" !!!

Your review, though un-biased for the most part, shows your inclination towards your T-jet.

"First Love, is the Best Love...they say".

Just one request Sathya, some snaps of your "Twin Turbo's, Side-by-side". Will complete this review.

Last edited by Vik0728 : 12th July 2012 at 09:25.
Vik0728 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2012, 11:00   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks man and Yes, the feel in XUV is better at higher gears. But I still believe, in a real world condition, T-Jet will do better speeds than the XUV. Its just that, the torque makes you feel that the XUV is faster because of the sheer pulling madness. Having said that, I would still give it to XUV for that awesome feel that it creates in higher gears. The sweet turbo whistle and whoosh, the XUV is gone.
Yup, the torque from a diesel motor does makes one feel they are going fast.My driver used to compare the City with Qualis, stating that Quails is having better "power". Little OT here, one thing these drivers won't do is, downshift, maximum they downshift a gear or two to overtake. In my City, I always red line the 2nd gear for tricky overtaking. That will take you close to 100kmph. But the problem with this style of driving is, my mom often complain that the car is making too much of a noise. Noise to her but nirvana to my ears .

I think if you compare in gear acceleration figures, that will clearly show why my driver was correct.

That is an awesome garage that you got there. Going by the posts you made, I think you are a fast driver. One question I have for you, do you feel comfortable in the passenger seat while some one is driving really fast. I never felt comfortable in such situations, had a petrifying experience once, when I was going along with my brother to home town(Trichur) from Chennai. He managed to do Chennai - Salem in 3.5 hours . After a lot of pestering, I managed to bring the speed down.

Last edited by ecenandu : 12th July 2012 at 11:03. Reason: Typo :).
ecenandu is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2012, 11:01   #72
Distinguished - BHPian

Sorry to be late on the thread. Congrats on the XUV. Lovely pictures there.

Enjoy many more happy miles with both the beauty and the beast

Note: you can change the beauty and beast as per your wish for the Jet and XUV
nkrishnap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2012, 12:19   #73
BHPian

Quote:

However, just an incident that is still very fresh in my mind - In ECR, in a superb straight, was cruising in my Jet happily at about 120 types in the evening. Suddenly from no where, an XUV approaches and overtakes as though my Jet is stand still. Revved the T-jet to all its glory in 4th and still was only able to tail the "for regn" white Cheetah. XUV must have been doing really high speeds (north of 170 for sure). And after some time, a bad corner comes, I smiled, shifted to fourth, with the RPM needle crossing the infamous 3500 mark around the corner, and the Jet still glued to the tarmac while the XUV vanished as a dot in my ORVM! I never saw the XUV again.

What to say.. Now, I have the white beast and the grey monster parked next to each other in front of my home. Let peace prevail
I agree on what you say. And when it comes to the handling department, there is no other car, in that segment or even higher which can beat the Linea! The car, just sticks to the ground just like a toddler sticks to its mom's fingers!
Naparajito is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2012, 18:50   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Absolutely gorgeous set of pics! The dramatic sky is beautiful. And of course the grey XUV has a lot of character.
Credit to Sriram. He did the magic with his cam and numerous lens he has.. He keeps changing lens, stand upside down and do what not for those best shots! So passionate he is on photography.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
First off Sathya_sc, Congrats for having one of the most "Enviable Real World" garage dude.
Your review, though un-biased for the most part, shows your inclination towards your T-jet. "First Love, is the Best Love...they say". Just one request Sathya, some snaps of your "Twin Turbo's, Side-by-side". Will complete this review.
Thanks Vik. I am also awaiting some photography with both the cars together. Actually, I love the T-Jet than any other machine I have owned for the agility, good power, superior dynamics and ageless design it offers. I like the XUV too, but first love is hard to deny and forget. Isn't?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecenandu View Post
Yup, the torque from a diesel motor does makes one feel they are going fast.
That is an awesome garage that you got there. Going by the posts you made, I think you are a fast driver. One question I have for you, do you feel comfortable in the passenger seat while some one is driving really fast. I never felt comfortable in such situations, had a petrifying experience once, when I was going along with my brother to home town(Trichur) from Chennai. He managed to do Chennai - Salem in 3.5 hours . After a lot of pestering, I managed to bring the speed down.
Ecenandu, You nailed it. The torque and the displacement in XUV makes the difference. It FEELS faster for it actually may not be.

And, I never take the passenger seat. Not so far, atleast in my cars for sure. Even if I travel in other vehicles (of my relatives), they immediately give me the steering and ask me to drive. Haven't had a situation where I have been in passengers seat even in my friends/relatives cars..So except for taxis, I take the drivers seat most of the time.

May be, if a stuation comes, where I have to be a passenger in a car where the driver drives like me, my heart will be in my mouth I guess!!

and by the way which car were you driving during the trip b/w Chennai - Salem. 3.5 hrs seems very very fast. Have done 4hrs in my Jet / XUV with consistent speeds of 140 types with occassional bursts to higher speeds. Chennai - Yercaud in 4.5 hrs in total, in both the cars, is the best that I have done. So 3.5 hrs seems even faster. Definitely I wouldn't want to be a passenger with your brother.

Last edited by Sathya_sc : 12th July 2012 at 18:54.
Old 12th July 2012, 23:23   #75

Sathya - I am a couple of days away from picking up my Grey XUV 500 W6. And your posts might have just given me two sleepless nights! Nice one & congrats.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks