Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2012, 08:16   #76
BHPian

re: M(y) Hawk - Grey Mahindra XUV500 W6 (5000km Update & Wild Hawk at Page 7)

Feel may be wrong to compare T-jet with XUV. Handling and drivability of T-jet is way different than the XUV, old tales of CAR versus SUV. But still feel, the way roads in India are, SUVs are the way to go (may be opening up a Pandora Box here)
Old 13th July 2012, 10:03   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sathya_sc View Post
May be, if a stuation comes, where I have to be a passenger in a car where the driver drives like me, my heart will be in my mouth I guess!!
So,we're all on the same page then.

Quote:
and by the way which car were you driving during the trip b/w Chennai - Salem. 3.5 hrs seems very very fast. Have done 4hrs in my Jet / XUV with consistent speeds of 140 types with occassional bursts to higher speeds. Chennai - Yercaud in 4.5 hrs in total, in both the cars, is the best that I have done. So 3.5 hrs seems even faster. Definitely I wouldn't want to be a passenger with your brother.
He was driving a Swift Dzire, though I meant Chennai - Salem, I am accounting only the NH4, so 300Kms in 3.5hrs. We started early that day, around 4:30 AM traffic was also sparse. There was a Tata Aria giving us company through out, later a Merc C220 CDI also joined, but only for a short while.

He was also driving just like you, though the occasional burst to higher speed was 160, to be precise.
Old 13th July 2012, 14:51   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruzindeep View Post
Sathya - I am a couple of days away from picking up my Grey XUV 500 W6. And your posts might have just given me two sleepless nights! Nice one & congrats.
Great. and Best Wishes. Eager to see your ownership thread coming up. Pls post some pics of the monster as soon as you get him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princey View Post
Feel may be wrong to compare T-jet with XUV. Handling and drivability of T-jet is way different than the XUV, old tales of CAR versus SUV. But still feel, the way roads in India are, SUVs are the way to go (may be opening up a Pandora Box here)
True. They are apples and oranges. Both solve different purposes all together. One for adrenaline drives and one for lethargic cruising and munching miles.

But to me, an SUV need not be a better bet "always" than a sedan under normal driving conditions. A sedan with a good GC will do. For that fact, I have never faced an issue with GC in my T-Jet or never have I scrapped her belly. I have been to worst roads and have never felt the need for an SUV. As such, SUVs were my childhood dream (and really was not a dire necessity, it was only a nice to have in my case), and that it got realized now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecenandu View Post
He was driving a Swift Dzire, though I meant Chennai - Salem, I am accounting only the NH4, so 300Kms in 3.5hrs. We started early that day, around 4:30 AM traffic was also sparse. There was a Tata Aria giving us company through out, later a Merc C220 CDI also joined, but only for a short while.
Then its fine. The time I had quoted was from home to resort in Yercaud with all the traffic until the highways and 'low-medium' traffic in highway too. I started by 11am in the morning from Chennai.

Last edited by Sathya_sc : 13th July 2012 at 14:53.
Old 13th July 2012, 15:52   #79
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Satya for your XUV and the pictures are great (thanks to your friend Sriram).

Quote:
Originally Posted by princey View Post
But still feel, the way roads in India are, SUVs are the way to go (may be opening up a Pandora Box here)
Quote:
But to me, an SUV need not be a better bet "always" than a sedan under normal driving conditions. A sedan with a good GC will do. For that fact, I have never faced an issue with GC in my T-Jet or never have I scrapped her belly. I have been to worst roads and have never felt the need for an SUV.
I agree with you fully. With the GC of the Tjet, bad roads is never a problem and Linea glides over potholes and small humps like anything.
Old 18th July 2012, 23:26   #80
h14
BHPian

Wonderful thread Sathya and amazing pictures. Thanks for sharing!
h14 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2012, 06:01   #81
SDP
Team-BHP Support

The first picture from the XUV photoshoot (the one with front doors open) featured on XUV5OO FB page. Congratulations Sathya! Its indeed an amazing shot!
SDP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2012, 20:42   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP
The first picture from the XUV photoshoot (the one with front doors open) featured on XUV5OO FB page. Congratulations Sathya! Its indeed an amazing shot!
Yes.. I saw that. Was happy to see my XUV in FB. All the credits go to Sriram. Recently, my XUV had gone to the wild. More pics to follow.

ODO stands at 4700kms in the last 15 days. Every km is fun in the XUV esp. in the highway.
Sathya_sc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2012, 21:09   #83
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Yes.. I saw that. Was happy to see my XUV in FB. All the credits go to Sriram. Recently, my XUV had gone to the wild. More pics to follow.

ODO stands at 4700kms in the last 15 days. Every km is fun in the XUV esp. in the highway.
4700 kms since 25th June? Amazing! This is how highway cruisers are supposed to be used.

Eagerly waiting for the pics. Pretty sure it would be another treat.
Old 22nd July 2012, 11:25   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sathya_sc

Sathya- its such a pleasure reading your posts, as a XUV owner its such a exciting feeling going through the passionate updates you post. Sometimes I think that we should start a HAPPY XUV owners thread on TBhp. With all the XUV bashers around, it will help putting things in the right prospective

Note:_ sorry for the repeat posts mods, am posting from my mobile and somehow it got posted twice by mistake. Am not getting the option to delete the duplicate post. Please delete it.

Last edited by Joyb : 22nd July 2012 at 11:29.
Joyb is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2012, 01:46   #85
BHPian

Clarifications before Booking XUV

Satya_sc, cool snaps of ur XUV. Great going.

I plan to book a W6 XUV in the month of October. Wrt this, a few doubts crop up in my mind.

1. 6 months is the waiting period told to me at Bangalore Sireesh auto.
How true is this 6 month period? Would it be the far limit, that they tell us?

2. If i book in october 2012 and say get the vehicle delivered in March 2013, what is the probability of the manufacture date being 2013?

3. Should i be particular about Manufacture date being 2013? Would there be any planned upgrades and bug fixes going in ? any news about the fixes going in, into the production line?

4. Personally, dont like the flowery design of the speed rims for W6. How does the after market options look like?

I may come up with more questions going ahead, as the thinking has began!

Cheers
Pramod
pramod is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2012, 02:26   #86
Senior - BHPian

Re: Clarifications before Booking XUV

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramod View Post
Satya_sc, cool snaps of ur XUV. Great going.

2. If i book in october 2012 and say get the vehicle delivered in March 2013, what is the probability of the manufacture date being 2013?

3. Should i be particular about Manufacture date being 2013? Would there be any planned upgrades and bug fixes going in ? any news about the fixes going in, into the production line?

4. Personally, dont like the flowery design of the speed rims for W6. How does the after market options look like?

Cheers
Pramod
I agree, he's got the best pictures of the beast.
1> That's a question difficult to answer, but if they are saying 6 months now, my best guess would be it will be less than that (considering the increased capacity and craze going down), you may get lucky if there are any cancellations with your dealer for the same model, color as yours.
2> It has to be 2013, you can confirm that from the VIN of the vehicle, at most you may get the vehicle mfg in the previous month but shouldn't be older than that.
3> Recent batches are almost niggle free. However, some more time may be required till they run for few more K kms without any issues. I'm hope by 2013 almost all of them would have been gone (unless they managed to bring in newer ones).
4> I have the same thought about those 'super sporty' alloys which is more like flowery design. I may soon get one from the below, that looks to be one of the options right now, you may also find more options in market and there may be many more by the time you get your car delivered.
http://www.alloywheelsindia.com/mahindra/xuv_500.htm

Last edited by Ketan : 23rd July 2012 at 02:27.
Old 23rd July 2012, 11:07   #87
BHPian

@ketan - So based on your knowhow, so a March delivery vehicle would be NOT any older than say Feb 1st, which is a good thing as we expect more fixes to be resolved.

A few more doubts:

1. I am not a fan of the side black strip which runs along the vehicle. Hope its not factory fitted!

2. slightly offtopic on this thread - How much would a 2007 Petrol Fiesta Zxi 1.6 give me when sold? My plans have been based on the fact that, it gives back atleast 3 lakhs in bangalore . I will advertise it in Team-bhp classified when the time is right. I am sure there STILL are some petrol heads looking for a well kept 1.6 Fiesta. Its a bomb.

3. Another question is, the Fabric seats that comes on the W6 -- Is that the ONLY layer on on the seat? Or this fabric is a "seat cover"?
If it isnt a seat cover, then, we may have to go for another covering over it, either art leather or any fabric covering.
Old 23rd July 2012, 12:09   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Cheers
Pramod
Quote:
@ketan - So based on your knowhow, so a March delivery vehicle would be NOT any older than say Feb 1st, which is a good thing as we expect more fixes to be resolved.

A few more doubts:

1. I am not a fan of the side black strip which runs along the vehicle. Hope its not factory fitted!

2. slightly offtopic on this thread - How much would a 2007 Petrol Fiesta Zxi 1.6 give me when sold? My plans have been based on the fact that, it gives back atleast 3 lakhs in bangalore . I will advertise it in Team-bhp classified when the time is right. I am sure there STILL are some petrol heads looking for a well kept 1.6 Fiesta. Its a bomb.

3. Another question is, the Fabric seats that comes on the W6 -- Is that the ONLY layer on on the seat? Or this fabric is a "seat cover"?
If it isnt a seat cover, then, we may have to go for another covering over it, either art leather or any fabric covering.
1. They say 6 months, but you have a very good chance of getting it in 4 months.

2. A vehicle that is slated to be delivered in MArch will be manufactured in Feb only. There is no reason why Mahindra would hoard stocks, that too a fast moving model. Going by trend, BHPians who own XUVs, took deliveries of the vehicle, manufactured in the previous month (ex july delivery of a June manufactured vehicle)

3. There are no specific changes planned for 2013 but there is a continous improvement in the factory, so by logic you 2013 vehicle will be less niggle free (Example you HUD display would have been upgraded to the latest software version at the factory instead of your dealer doing it.) If you are looking for resale, you can specifically request that you need a 2013 manufactured car only and they will oblige.

4. There are a plethora of options in the market, starting at 30000 for 5 wheels.

now answering your second set of questions,

1. Cladding strips come as factory fitment in both W6 and W8. No worries, you can remove them or paint them in body color.

2. You will definitely get 3 lacs on your 2007 fiesta.

3. No Fabric is the only layer on the seat. You would have to fix seat cover accessory or aftermarket ones like G-Sport or Stanley.

Hope this helps
Old 23rd July 2012, 14:02   #89
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
1. Cladding strips come as factory fitment in both W6 and W8. No worries, you can remove them or paint them in body color.
What black strips are we talking about? There are no cladding-strips (rub-strips) on Sathya's ride. Rub-strips are optional accessory and are not factory fitted.

PS: Guys, any discussion not specific to Sathya's ride and ownership experience needs to be taken to the common thread "XUV : Official review". Let's not hickjack Sathya's thread.
Old 23rd July 2012, 18:27   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
What black strips are we talking about? There are no cladding-strips (rub-strips) on Sathya's ride. Rub-strips are optional accessory and are not factory fitted.
Sathya / SDP,

The XUV website says that cladding is "Standard" on W6 & W8. Any clarifications are welcome.

Name:  untitled.bmp
Views: 9518
Size:  612.6 KB
scopriobharath is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed