Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2012, 10:41   #46
BHPian

Re: My Hyundai Sonata Transform CRDi

Quote:
Originally Posted by cars_crazy View Post
Wow, Is that all? That's dirt cheap considering you got a AT. Is it a diesel AT? I would have thought you Will spend atleast 2.5 k more per service. My bills for a manual is about 6 thousand, when I take her after every ten k kms
Of course its a diesel. I too service my car every 10000 kms, although the service guys keep on calling to send the car for service after 6000-7000 kms, I dont listen.
Old 2nd November 2012, 11:02   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigron View Post
@ CC - Yea the car has covered around 70,000 kms. And if i remeber correctly , my hankooks lasted a good 50,000 kms. I liked the hankooks and wanted to get another set in 225 but could not source them so settled for pirellis..
Oh.. thats very good mate. I am probably a being a bit rash then in deciding to get rid of them in 25k kms.. now, am more assured, wont change them in haste. thanks to you both !
Old 2nd November 2012, 11:07   #48
BHPian

@karan: That's absolutely awesome that you get some seriously low service bills.. may be you could share some maintenance tips out here.

On the woofer part, am surprised you say you find a plate though.. I thought the AT diesel transform, being the top end, will definitely have the keyless entry and the woofer as an addon. These 2 are not there in my MT variant.

Getting a woofer to fit the existing grill is a big chore. I have tried some JBL options, but there is no 6" option that I need. The OE equipment is a whopping 45k INR, which am not inclined to spend at this stage.

Will let you know when I come up with some options.
Old 2nd November 2012, 13:24   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cars_crazy
@karan: That's absolutely awesome that you get some seriously low service bills.. may be you could share some maintenance tips out here.

On the woofer part, am surprised you say you find a plate though.. I thought the AT diesel transform, being the top end, will definitely have the keyless entry and the woofer as an addon. These 2 are not there in my MT variant.

Getting a woofer to fit the existing grill is a big chore. I have tried some JBL options, but there is no 6" option that I need. The OE equipment is a whopping 45k INR, which am not inclined to spend at this stage.

I have a smart key though. With request sensors in the door handles for true keyless entry. And keyless ignition. But the woofer is missing. One more thing I would like to ask, what air pressure do you guys maintain? If I keep at 32 psi all around, the car feels overinflated. And on patchy roads, drive becomes worse. Ride becomes noisy and harsh.
Old 2nd November 2012, 16:50   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aboveallkaran

I have a smart key though. With request sensors in the door handles for true keyless entry. And keyless ignition. But the woofer is missing. One more thing I would like to ask, what air pressure do you guys maintain? If I keep at 32 psi all around, the car feels overinflated. And on patchy roads, drive becomes worse. Ride becomes noisy and harsh.
And about maintenance, nothing major happened yet. Just regular service and oil, fuel and air filter change according to the service schedule. The air condition pollen filter gets frequently chocked up. Every 6 months the blower becomes ineffective and the service guys clean the filter. But now they have ordered the filter for my car and will change when it arrives. I got the rear bush stabilisers changed under warranty because they were making noise. Same with the front right side tie end. I have replaced the front parking bulbs with white led bulbs. It looks great. Rs 180 for both the bulbs, chinese make.
Old 5th November 2012, 15:14   #51
BHPian

Quote:

Please give me your suggestion about air pressure. Company recommended is 32 psi all wheels but it makes ride too stiff. I prefer 28 psi all round.
Old 6th November 2012, 23:05   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aboveallkaran
Please give me your suggestion about air pressure. Company recommended is 32 psi all wheels but it makes ride too stiff. I prefer 28 psi all round.
I use the recommended pressure. 32 when it's only me or with a passenger in the front. Full load or luggage then 33. Not finding any stiffness. Unless the gauge you are using is not correctly calibrated and shows incorrect reading, am not sure why you have a problem with the ride with recommended pressure mate. Also if your gauge is right and you are still getting 10kmpl in an auto transmission model with under inflated tyres, it's very strange.
Old 6th November 2012, 23:12   #53
BHPian

Quote:

I use the recommended pressure. 32 when it's only me or with a passenger in the front. Full load or luggage then 33. Not finding any stiffness. Unless the gauge you are using is not correctly calibrated and shows incorrect reading, am not sure why you have a problem with the ride with recommended pressure mate. Also if your gauge is right and you are still getting 10kmpl in an auto transmission model with under inflated tyres, it's very strange.
Today itself I have calculated the mileage and it came to approximate 9 kms a litre. And yesterday I filled the front tyres with 30 psi. With 28 psi, sidewall was getting road marks. Which may get damaged if hit a stone or sharp object on road. 32 psi is not at all tolerable in my car. The steering feels too light and gives a feeling of driving with nylon tyres. Have checked with different pumps so no case of gauge problem. Have also checked from service Center.
Old 6th November 2012, 23:22   #54
BHPian

Quote:

If someone sits with me with 32 psi wheels, they say "Hawa bohot zyada ho gayi hai Kya?" feels like there's at least 10 psi more in each tyre than the manufacturer recommended pressure. And everything right from the dashboard to the rear parcel tray start rattling and even a slight variation in the road level is felt quite harsh. Whereas these problems I haven't noticed in my brother's i20 o even in indica.
Old 7th November 2012, 13:57   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aboveallkaran View Post
Today itself I have calculated the mileage and it came to approximate 9 kms a litre. And yesterday I filled the front tyres with 30 psi. With 28 psi, sidewall was getting road marks. Which may get damaged if hit a stone or sharp object on road. 32 psi is not at all tolerable in my car. The steering feels too light and gives a feeling of driving with nylon tyres. Have checked with different pumps so no case of gauge problem. Have also checked from service Center.
Hmm. Not sure how a sidewall can get "road marks"; nevertheless, both of these sound strange. I have never had this kind of a problem where the recommended tyre size with the recommended tyre pressure has given such issues. You may want to report this to the service folks, get it verified.

Quote:
feels like there's at least 10 psi more in each tyre than the manufacturer recommended pressure. And everything right from the dashboard to the rear parcel tray start rattling and even a slight variation in the road level is felt quite harsh. .
Old 7th November 2012, 14:27   #56
BHPian

Quote:

Hmm. Not sure how a sidewall can get "road marks"; nevertheless, both of these sound strange. I have never had this kind of a problem where the recommended tyre size with the recommended tyre pressure has given such issues. You may want to report this to the service folks, get it verified.
From "road marks" I meant it was getting in contact with the road which was not good. Will be going to the service Center in a few days for speaker replacement so will discuss it with them. Have previously told them too but they say its normal, however I don't feel it is.
Old 25th December 2012, 11:32   #57
BHPian

Hello guys, I have noticed a whistling noise (humming kind) from my car engine. Although I know turbo noise is audible at higher rpm's but this noise is audible even inside the cabin. When I accelerate the engine, this noise is more clearly audible when I leave the accelerator pedal. Have shown it to the service Center guys they said its normal. Then I took them in another diesel transform which did not made this noise. Then they accepted its abnormal and said their company engineer will come in January so they will show the vehicle to him and consult him. Do you guys have any idea about what is it? Experts kindly help
Old 25th December 2012, 21:34   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Hello guys, I have noticed a whistling noise (humming kind) from my car engine.
You may want to check the fan belt and any other engine belts under the bonnet. You could also check the various fans including the a/c blower. Belts when they lose the tension can make that noise. Many years ago in my Santro the a/c blower made the noise hence the suggestion.
Old 26th December 2012, 00:08   #59
BHPian

Quote:
You may want to check the fan belt and any other engine belts under the bonnet. You could also check the various fans including the a/c blower. Belts when they lose the tension can make that noise. Many years ago in my Santro the a/c blower made the noise hence the suggestion.
Yes, the service guys have already checked the necessary belts and respected tensioners. But the noise is still there. Instead a different belt noise has started when I start the car in the morning. This belt noise comes for starting 1 min. This is a result of changing the setting of belt while trying to diagnose the whistling noise. Don't know what this whistling is about. A mechanic denied it as a turbo related issue stating that of it was a turbo related issue, exhaust pipe would start leaving abnormal smoke
Old 26th December 2012, 06:16   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, the service guys have already checked the necessary belts and respected tensioners. ....
A mechanic denied it as a turbo related issue stating that of it was a turbo related issue, exhaust pipe would start leaving abnormal smoke
OK. You might want to mention all the diagnostics that have already been done so that we don't end up discussing the same stuff again.
Turbo problems are generally bigger, I agree. The only thing that remains then is the blower for the a/c. Have you checked that as well?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks