Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st June 2013, 10:40   #91
BHPian

No. I havent changed. I find the stock speakers to be perfect. Let me know please if you upgrade.
Old 1st June 2013, 12:39   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aboveallkaran View Post
No. I havent changed. I find the stock speakers to be perfect. Let me know please if you upgrade.
OK. A bit sceptical to change now. Don't want to remove door pads and result in any rattling. After a lot of work finally the car is rattle free from door parts.
I won't wait for long though.
Old 1st June 2013, 12:50   #93
Senior - BHPian

Re: My Hyundai Sonata Transform CRDi

@ cc - No buddy , I havent changed the stock speakers. IMO the 6 speaker 1 woofer system is decent for everyday use .
Old 1st June 2013, 13:42   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigron View Post
@ cc - No buddy , I havent changed the stock speakers. IMO the 6 speaker 1 woofer system is decent for everyday use .
Both you and karan are lucky mate. You had the AT variant coming with a sub woofer. Now in my MT variant I don't have the woofer. So thinking of doing something to get that thump in my car.

The stock amp plus woofer costs me an insane 45000/- don't think it'd be worth that. Looking at cheaper options before I give up and succumb to this option.

Please Let me know how the deal goes thru for your BT head unit. I will keep looking for other options as well and keep updating this thread. Also in my list are better head lamp stuff preferably with the Angel eyes look.
Old 1st June 2013, 15:13   #95
BHPian

I have an AT model, but dont have a woofer.
Old 1st June 2013, 15:38   #96
BHPian

@Karan: that's odd. Thought AT variants by default had sub woofers. And integrated smart keys.
Old 17th October 2013, 22:43   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cars_crazy View Post
OK. A bit sceptical to change now. Don't want to remove door pads and result in any rattling. After a lot of work finally the car is rattle free from door parts.
I won't wait for long though.
Hey cars_crazy, Could you please share what work you did to make door parts rattle free?
Old 17th October 2013, 22:54   #98
BHPian

Hey.
Depends on where you are having the rattling noise. I have used everything from glue to stickers to packing material between the chassis and door pads. Where are you getting the noise from?

For me it was from below the front door speakers and close to the 'A' pillar. For the place below the speaker I used glue and took the thermacol like packing material, removed the door pad and stuck it around the base in such a way it doesn't show. For the pillar noise I removed the side panel and the corner Ac vents used the same packing material and neatly closed all gaps and tightened everything back in place.
Old 17th October 2013, 23:03   #99
BHPian

thanks. I am getting noise from dashboard and rear right door. Will get it checked.
Old 26th July 2014, 21:23   #100
BHPian

@cars_crazy , @aboveallkaran , @bigron

How much has each of your's cars crunched? Was looking to buy a used Transform (Manual-Petrol).

How's the reliability of the car post-80k km?
Old 27th July 2014, 00:43   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cars_crazy View Post
Both you and karan are lucky mate. You had the AT variant coming with a sub woofer. ....
Quote:
Originally Posted by aboveallkaran View Post
I have an AT model, but dont have a woofer.
First of all, apologies for quoting the inappropriate comments. Just wanted to ask you guys your experiences with your Sonatas? I was on the market to buy a 2009 Sonata Transform 2.4 VVT (Manual, Petrol). Need to make/break the deal tomorrow.

The car gives a heavy sound when driven over potholes and speed-breakers, as if a tonne of load is stuffed in the boot. Rest all is perfectly fine. It's 62km with 2nd owner (For first 3 years, it was the official car of some Senior Honda Exec; or so I'm told).

Would you suggest going for the car? How's the car's reliability and spare costs?

I have put up the complete details in this thread : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-c...ol-manual.html

P.S. Mods, if this is considered spamming/inappropriate, sorry. But in a real sense of urgency here
Old 27th July 2014, 02:25   #102
Senior - BHPian

@nikhil - I ve done about 110,000 kms in my car and it has now started to give me trouble. I am experiencing Black smoke , loss of acceleration and stalling . Maybe cleaning the injectors , egr and the exhaust system would help dont know. The problems started post 100000 kms. The agency is quoting a hefty sum for repairs.
Having said this , the petrol sonata is very reliable. I covered over 300,000 kms in my old sonata gold and it performed flawlessly. I guess their crdi engines still have long term issues.

Last edited by bigron : 27th July 2014 at 02:26.
Old 27th July 2014, 06:02   #103
BHPian

Quote:
@nikhil - I ve done about 110,000 kms in my car and it has now started to give me trouble. I am experiencing Black smoke , loss of acceleration and stalling . Maybe cleaning the injectors , egr and the exhaust system would help dont know. The problems started post 100000 kms. The agency is quoting a hefty sum for repairs.
Having said this , the petrol sonata is very reliable. I covered over 300,000 kms in my old sonata gold and it performed flawlessly. I guess their crdi engines still have long term issues.
Really appreciate your response

What major parts/repairs have you had change in you 110k journey? And I'm going to (hopefully) buy the car today, any specific things/parts/areas I should be looking/scrutinizing at?
Old 27th July 2014, 10:25   #104
Senior - BHPian

Nothing very out of the ordinary. Had to get new shockers , engine mounting , complete power window buttons pod ( someone broke a switch but i either had to replace the entire set or leave it ) , belts , tensioners etc. These are beyond your regular service parts like pads , discs . The cost of these parts are not very exorbitant .
I am not aware of any particular thing that requires attention.. But keep an eye on abused cars , repainted bumpers , ac cooling , seat buttons , vibrations at idle and uneven tyre wear etc.

Last edited by bigron : 27th July 2014 at 10:28.
bigron is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2014, 11:51   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Nothing very out of the ordinary. Had to get new shockers , engine mounting , complete power window buttons pod ( someone broke a switch but i either had to replace the entire set or leave it ) , belts , tensioners etc. These are beyond your regular service parts like pads , discs . The cost of these parts are not very exorbitant .
I am not aware of any particular thing that requires attention.. But keep an eye on abused cars , repainted bumpers , ac cooling , seat buttons , vibrations at idle and uneven tyre wear etc.
Duly noted! I hope all the items you mentioned (shockers , engine mounting , complete power window buttons pod) didn't set you back by 20k+. Or did they?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks