Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th June 2016, 16:02   #121
Senior - BHPian

Re: My Hyundai Sonata Transform CRDi

I got a suspension overhaul at around 120,000 KMS. So you in the same ball park.
Ask your SA to give you a list of items he intends to replace and their individual pricing. Stuff like upper control arms are expensive for a pair. But for a complete over haul the parts cost between 15 to 20k plus labour.
Old 25th June 2016, 16:44   #122
BHPian

Hello bigron, can you please elaborate about the parts which were changed during your vehicle's overhaul. Because I was expecting around 20k budget for suspension overhaul, but the hyundai guys told me it will be around 50k.
Thanks in advance.
Old 25th June 2016, 17:12   #123
Senior - BHPian

It should not cost 50k no matter what they change.
I dont re collect now what all got replaced in my car but from what I can remember :
Control Arm with ball Joints Pair
Inner and outer Tie Rod Ends
Shock Absorbers ( not replaced in my case)
Bar Linkages
Mounting Kits

Last edited by bigron : 25th June 2016 at 17:15.
Old 25th June 2016, 17:33   #124
BHPian

Okay. The parts were changed for front only or rear suspension parts too?
Old 31st August 2016, 00:20   #125

Hi bigron,

Would you advise me regarding the buying decision of a Fluidic Sonata M/T version(Petrol). Should I go for it ?? I am bit skeptical and would be grateful if you can guide me with the same. It is a 2012 model and I am getting a sweet deal. Please help.

Last edited by bblost : 31st August 2016 at 01:05. Reason: Removed extra ..., please avoid this style of writing.
Old 31st August 2016, 01:26   #126
Senior - BHPian

The car is a genuine upgrade over the transform in terms of comfort, features and safety. Very spacious inside with superb rear seat comfort. Also reliability is not an issue as I know people who have covered over 200,000 kms in their fluidic sonatas. The FE is going to be in single digits. If sedate driving is your style this cant be beat.
Old 4th September 2016, 01:28   #127

Hi Bigron,
Thanks a lot for the response. Fuel economy in Mumbai is in single digits even for the Hyundai Verna, so I was always sure about the Sonata in this regard too. But then since the car is out of production since Feb 2015, I was just worried about the service and parts availability and Hyundai's sincerity towards the handful of Fluidic Sonata owners. But your mention of 2lakh kms plus happy customers example just eased my tension off.. Thank you so much. I really appreciate it. I am sure once I buy the car, I shall post my first ownership thread here. Glad
Old 30th May 2017, 12:13   #128

Looks like this thread is mostly idle. I am using a transform 2011 (bought used with tampered milometer) and love every bit of it.

I do long drives like Delhi to Bangalore, Katra, Gangotri, Raipur, etc. quite often and except for a handful of occasions, no one has ever been able to match my speed.

Handling is outstanding on this car even with worn out Yokohama A348 tyres. When replaced with used Bridgestones with lower speed rating of 95H, I get far better handling now.

I get mileage of around 13KMpL most of the times and at times close to 15KMpL as well. I haven't seen major change in mileage on the highway. Cruising at decent speed seems to be most economical for this car at 5th or 6th gear depending on throttle response.

I have replaced the right upper arm bushes last year and now the left ones are worn out. So in terms of maintenance, that's the only expense I see on this car despite clocking around 1.5Lacs KMs. I have driven about 25k KMs since Sept 2015 (mostly on highways and rough roads). I drive continuously for 1000+ KM most of the time with an overall average speed of around 85KMph. Biggest killer of average speed on highways are tolls and trucks blocking the road while slowly overtaking.

I have changed Engine oil only twice and never change after 6 months or recommended 10k KM while continuously monitoring viscosity and other parameters. I know it could be damaging to the engine but I have hardly seen any adverse side effects on my other vehicles.

Now my vehicle is due another oil change and wondering which one should be the most VFM oil to put with OE filter I have bought from Trident Hyundai at a whopping cost of around 1k (any good alternative as I find filter to be the most important part to replace?)

Mod Note: Post edited. Team-BHP strongly discourages unsafe driving practices that put yourself and other road users at risk. Please do NOT post about illegally high speeds on public roads.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 30th May 2017 at 12:43.
Old 30th May 2017, 14:16   #129

I shall soon post a comprehensive review of a used Hyundai Fluidic Sonata. Just waiting for the deal to happen. But Mr Prankey - I would be really grateful if you can give me some insight or user reviews from Hyundai Sonata owners if you know anyone in your social circle having such an association with Sonata
sarthakbhp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2017, 22:45   #130

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarthakbhp View Post
I shall soon post a comprehensive review of a used Hyundai Fluidic Sonata. Just waiting for the deal to happen. But Mr Prankey - I would be really grateful if you can give me some insight or user reviews from Hyundai Sonata owners if you know anyone in your social circle having such an association with Sonata
I know a dealer who sells these Sonata's regularly through a leasing company. Let me know how the deal goes. I believe Fluidic is about an year old?
Old 2nd June 2017, 23:40   #131

Hi Mr Prankey,
The fluidic Sonata was introduced in Indian markets in Early 2012 and Hyundai pulled the plugs in Feb 2015.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks