Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2012, 20:13   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

Italian Beauty at Home - Pre-LOVED Fiat Linea MJD Emotion EDIT: Now sold!

After selling New Honda City vtec (here is the ownership review http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...-car-sold.html ) got home Italian Beauty, PreLOVED Fiat Linea MJD Emotion. Details as follows,

Make: Fiat
Model: Linea
Engine: 1.3 MJD
Variant: Emotion
Color: Flamenco Red
Year: 2009
Ownership: Single
Mileage: 38k
Condition: Good (except few minor things)
Price: 5.0L

Buying Decision:
After riding New Honda City Vtec for around 6 months with increase in fuel bills for every fill (thanks to the govt) decided to go for a diesel car. Requirements were very clear,
- Should be a Sedan at-par or above New Honda City (Etios & DZire ruled out)
- No Fiesta (Roads are flooded with Fiesta, I don't want to add one more)
- No Maruti / Tata (Manza is out of list due to shape and looks, SX4 difficult to find used ones)

Finally left with only 2 choices, Chevrolet Optra Magnum or Fiat Linea MJD.

2 weeks back I was about to finalise a Magnum deal, but my mechanic gave a RED flag against oil leakage in Steering gear and Turbo.

Sunday (23rd June) I was roaming around the city in search of car and finally saw this Italian beauty parked with a dealer. Had a short TD, negotiated from 5.75L to 5.0L, paid 10k advance and the next day settled the balance and got her home.

What I get new & better w.r.t Honda City
- Diesel heart
- ABS (most important)
- AAC
- better MID
- Rear & under seat aircon vents
- Electric & Remote boot opener
- Center arm rest
- 3 Adjustable rear head rest
- Dead pedal
- Illuminated vanity mirror

What I miss from Honda City
- Honda & vtec
- Peppy and refined engine
- Butter smooth gear shift
- Feather touch steering
- Roomy interiors
- Rear seat space & comfort
- Alloys

What is same as Honda City
- Size
- Low GC
- 500L boot

Initial Experience
Some crisp review, detailed review let me add after a long drive this weekend.
- Not a peppy & Fun to drive car.
- Best suitable for highway cruising
- Engine is noisy and clearly audible inside
- Steering and overall handling gives confidence to push beyond 150kmph
- Rear seat is cramped
- AC is chiller
- Till 70~80 kmph I miss the punch from engine, after 80 kmph she pulls like a devil (in no matter of time she reaches 140 kmph)
- Steering gives more confidence to push her beyond 120 kmph
- Combination switch quality is better than Honda City

Driven for about 1500 km in 5 days and quite satisfied with the FE figures.
City + Highway mixed driving delivers 17.9kmpl and 100% highway drive @ 100 kmph delivers 22.3kmpl. She leaves a big smile in face whenever I fill fuel.

Few updates after purchase
- Rear parking sensors added (dashboard mounting LED type, 4 sensors)
- Hella windtone horns
- Teflon coating done

Planned mods:
- Steering cover
- Headlamp upgrade
- Flip key shell change

Will keep this thread updated

Cheers
Attached Thumbnails
Italian Beauty at Home - Pre-LOVED Fiat Linea MJD Emotion EDIT: Now sold!-dscn3346.jpg  

Italian Beauty at Home - Pre-LOVED Fiat Linea MJD Emotion EDIT: Now sold!-dscn3343.jpg  

Italian Beauty at Home - Pre-LOVED Fiat Linea MJD Emotion EDIT: Now sold!-dscn3344.jpg  

Italian Beauty at Home - Pre-LOVED Fiat Linea MJD Emotion EDIT: Now sold!-dscn3345.jpg  

Italian Beauty at Home - Pre-LOVED Fiat Linea MJD Emotion EDIT: Now sold!-dscn3349.jpg  

Italian Beauty at Home - Pre-LOVED Fiat Linea MJD Emotion EDIT: Now sold!-dscn3348.jpg  

Italian Beauty at Home - Pre-LOVED Fiat Linea MJD Emotion EDIT: Now sold!-dscn3350.jpg  

Italian Beauty at Home - Pre-LOVED Fiat Linea MJD Emotion EDIT: Now sold!-dscn3351.jpg  

Italian Beauty at Home - Pre-LOVED Fiat Linea MJD Emotion EDIT: Now sold!-dscn3354.jpg  

Italian Beauty at Home - Pre-LOVED Fiat Linea MJD Emotion EDIT: Now sold!-dscn3357.jpg  

Last edited by Mr.Boss : 4th July 2012 at 16:34. Reason: Acronyms removed
Mr.Boss is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2012, 20:22   #2
BHPian

re: Italian Beauty at Home - Pre-LOVED Fiat Linea MJD Emotion EDIT: Now sold!

Let me be the first one to congratulate on the Italian beauty. It is in good shape, I must say. Now you only need a nice set up of alloys to spruce up your ride.
Happy mile crunching.
Utopian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2012, 20:34   #3
BHPian

Congratulations. Shes a looker.
How much did your Vtec go for?
And thats some serious price difference, from 5.75 down to 5. Some crazy dealer margin. :o
promit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2012, 20:41   #4
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations! Loved the "pre-Loved" adjective to the name. I believe it is indeed a very wise decision and wish you a trouble free time together.
sourabhzen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2012, 20:58   #5
BHPian

Congrats on the beauty. Its a clean example for a 38 k car. I would suggest to install a race chip or get the ECU re-programmed (RD/Petes stuff) to add the zing in the performance. I am sure you will get the peppiness you want out of the car. Once you get the hang of diesel powerplant and linea's transmission, things would improve!

Why the centre armest has so many bubbles? Is it an art leather cover?

Last edited by Blow Horn Ok : 3rd July 2012 at 21:00.
Blow Horn Ok is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2012, 21:27   #6
BHPian

Congratulations on your beauty. If my heart had its way i would have landed up with her smaller cousin damn decent buy at the price you got it for.
adityasiera is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2012, 21:39   #7
BHPian

A true enthusiast's car. It's a great car. Wish you many many happy miles and drive safe. Seems you have got a real great deal. Congratulations.
carzone is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2012, 22:22   #8
Senior - BHPian

Congrats
I too got a Pre Worshipped Minimal Grey Linea MJD Emotion Pack earlier this year.I agree about it being sluggish initially but once on the boil after 80,its as fast as competition and reaches 160+ speeds pretty quickly.
Post more pics,and regarding steering wheel cover,get a good one with OEM level of fit and finish,i got one and it cost me 2.8K for steering wheel and gear knob.
akshay4587 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2012, 23:35   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian View Post
Now you only need a nice set up of alloys to spruce up your ride.
Happy mile crunching.
Thanks dude. No plan for alloys as of now. May be during next set of shoe change (or if someone is upgrading from Stock alloys to aftermarket ones, I'll go for that)

Quote:
Originally Posted by promit View Post
How much did your Vtec go for?
4.11L

Quote:
Originally Posted by promit View Post
And thats some serious price difference, from 5.75 down to 5. Some crazy dealer margin. :o
Dealer wanted 2% commission. So I clearly told him that I will pay 10k and let me negotiate the price directly from the seller. he agreed and finally the deal is through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourabhzen View Post
Congratulations! Loved the "pre-Loved" adjective to the name.
Quote:
Originally Posted by adityasiera View Post
Congratulations on your beauty. If my heart had its way i would have landed up with her smaller cousin damn decent buy at the price you got it for.
Quote:
Originally Posted by carzone View Post
Seems you have got a real great deal. Congratulations.
Thank you all guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blow Horn Ok View Post
I would suggest to install a race chip or get the ECU re-programmed (RD/Petes stuff) to add the zing in the performance. I am sure you will get the peppiness you want out of the car.
No plans for performance upgrades now, or say even in the near future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blow Horn Ok View Post
Why the centre armest has so many bubbles? Is it an art leather cover?
Yes, that's art leather and the arm rest is slightly worn out. Will change it once I get the covers for steering wheel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
I too got a Pre Worshipped Minimal Grey Linea MJD Emotion Pack earlier this year.
Congrats on your ride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
regarding steering wheel cover,get a good one with OEM level of fit and finish,i got one and it cost me 2.8K for steering wheel and gear knob.
Thanks for the info brother. Let me check and update the status (may be in a week or two)
Old 4th July 2012, 08:42   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Help Help Help!!!
I could find bends (clearly noticeable) in 2 of the steel rims, should I repair them or get new set of rims? (will post the snap by this evening)

Guys, anyone from Chennai upgrading from Line stock alloys to aftermarket ones or from steel rims to alloys, please do let me know.
Old 5th July 2012, 12:45   #11
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Thread moved from the Assembly Line to the Initial Ownership Section. Thanks for sharing!
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2012, 13:05   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Boss View Post
Help Help Help!!!
I could find bends (clearly noticeable) in 2 of the steel rims, should I repair them or get new set of rims? (will post the snap by this evening)

Guys, anyone from Chennai upgrading from Line stock alloys to aftermarket ones or from steel rims to alloys, please do let me know.
Congrats Boss for the new acquisition of one of the beautiful and VFM car.
I was very much delighted on reading your thread about your earlier spraking Honda City Vtec. I am very much fond of VTEC engines.

New Steel rims are easily available for less than Rs.500.
Yes, you can go for aftermarket Alloys, but 100 pcd alloys models availability are very minimal to choose.
Try Lal Tyres or some other shops at GP road.

Last edited by aks_karthik : 5th July 2012 at 13:06.
aks_karthik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2012, 13:09   #13
BHPian

You made another excellent example on how wise is a decision of buying a "Pre-Worshipped" car!

The short-lived Honda city seems to have given you an excellent driving pleasure. Nevertheless when the petrol prices started pinching your wallet, you were easily able to come over it with almost zero loss! (I remember your buying price of the Honda City was 4.15 Lacs and here you have mentioned you were able to dispose it off for 4.11 Lacs) With such cases, I really admire the concept of pre-worshipped cars!

This red Italian beauty is stunning for 5 Lacs mate. Seems to be a good choice by looks. My best wishes for a trouble-free ownership! Do keep us posted, Good Luck!

Last edited by Mister_M : 5th July 2012 at 13:13.
Mister_M is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th July 2012, 17:10   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
Congrats Boss for the new acquisition of one of the beautiful and VFM car.
Thanks dude.

Quote:
I was very much delighted on reading your thread about your earlier spraking Honda City Vtec. I am very much fond of VTEC engines.
vtec is a gem from Honda engineering. Almost everyone of us lost our heart to her. Badly missing her.

Quote:
New Steel rims are easily available for less than Rs.500.
Yes, you can go for aftermarket Alloys, but 100 pcd alloys models availability are very minimal to choose.
New rims for 500INR? I remember dealers take back the OE rims for less than 500INR when we upgrade to alloys, but my experience is they quote the same rims close to OE price when someone approach to buy (from my personal experience) Anyways, let me check with dealers.

Regarding aftermarket alloys, as of now no idea. I am looking to buy stock alloys from existing Linea owners who are upgrading.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister_M View Post
You made another excellent example on how wise is a decision of buying a "Pre-Worshipped" car!
Sometimes the evil heart pinches me towards brand new cars, but "Vitamin-M" matters and finally the mind wins with Pre-worshipped cars.

Quote:
Nevertheless when the petrol prices started pinching your wallet, you were easily able to come over it with almost zero loss! (I remember your buying price of the Honda City was 4.15 Lacs and here you have mentioned you were able to dispose it off for 4.11 Lacs) With such cases, I really admire the concept of pre-worshipped cars!
I agree it was a good deal, but it's not that I got the car for 4.15L and sold it for 4.11L, I spent more than 50k on her (excluding regular service) I made a mistake in selling her a month back. I got offer for 4.55L and finally the deal was cancelled for some other reasons.

Quote:
This red Italian beauty is stunning for 5 Lacs mate. Seems to be a good choice by looks. My best wishes for a trouble-free ownership! Do keep us posted, Good Luck!
Thanks buddy.
Old 5th July 2012, 18:59   #15
BHPian

Just out of curiosity, can I ask you 2 questions?

What are these on the boot of your car (marked in yellow)? Never seen them before or may be didn't notice them on any other car.

Italian Beauty at Home - Pre-LOVED Fiat Linea MJD Emotion EDIT: Now sold!-1.jpg

Is it compulsory for you guys in TN to put the black dots on the headlights and what purpose does it exactly serve?

Italian Beauty at Home - Pre-LOVED Fiat Linea MJD Emotion EDIT: Now sold!-dscn3344.jpg

Thanks...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks