Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 5th December 2012, 20:05   #76
BHPian

Re: "Luv" Story 2012 - My Silky Silver Maruti Ertiga Zdi

Hi Gautam
I too have a ZDI without alloys. On the steel rims 205 fits well. Just curious why would 205 not fit on alloys? Did someone say so or have you tried it and found the result for yourself?
Cheers
Old 5th December 2012, 20:46   #77
BHPian

Hi Gautamkhadse,
MRF ZV2K 195/60R15 (for durability and overall performance), or Michelin 195/60/R15 (check the price difference). And because you have chosen a VDi I would recommend aftermarket alloys as you might want to put as fewer loads on the 1.3l multi-jet mill, to keep her sounding happy n peppy in the city traffic. By the way VDi is a good choice as you will benefit in the long run.
Old 5th December 2012, 22:38   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajain
Hi Gautam
I too have a ZDI without alloys. On the steel rims 205 fits well. Just curious why would 205 not fit on alloys? Did someone say so or have you tried it and found the result for yourself?
Cheers
205 fits well on alloys. In fact I tested with 205 initially and later settled for 195. In fact Gautham was specifically asking about 205 on steel wheels since he has opted for ZDi minus alloys.
Old 5th December 2012, 23:46   #79
BHPian

Thanks guys for your replies ... am really keen on 205s especially since I will be getting a RD box later . Someone once told me that the 205 will not fit on the steel rims . I didnt understand why would that be , because essentially the width of the RIM and the alloys woud be the same and they should be able to accommodate the same spectrum of Tyres .

@Rajain: Would you be able to post just one pic of how the 205 looks on the Ertiga . I want to see if it bulges out of the arches . Also , which tyres did you get , Yoko , which ones ?

I would like to know if the extra foot print would effect fuel efficiency ?
Old 6th December 2012, 11:46   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gautamkhadse View Post
Thanks guys for your replies ... am really keen on 205s especially since I will be getting a RD box later . Someone once told me that the 205 will not fit on the steel rims . I didnt understand why would that be , because essentially the width of the RIM and the alloys woud be the same and they should be able to accommodate the same spectrum of Tyres .

@Rajain: Would you be able to post just one pic of how the 205 looks on the Ertiga . I want to see if it bulges out of the arches . Also , which tyres did you get , Yoko , which ones ?

I would like to know if the extra foot print would effect fuel efficiency ?
I tested out the 205 on my Ertiga and found a slight protrusion (not very noticeable). I settled for a 195, though 205 is also a perfect upgrade. There are many who have upgraded to 205 and are happy with the same. You can see the below thread for pictures of @nayak's upgrade.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...ml#post2832284

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajain View Post
Hi Nurni

On the noise kill - there are multiple options in the market. Most high end audio car accessories shops have them and several products are available. On this website there is a dedicated thread available http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/produc...er-thread.html.
Thanks Rajain. Will check with some accessory shops

Quote:
I drove around, felt the difference, was convinced and bought it. Before the tuning box I was getting just under 16 kmpl in the city now I get 16.7. The highway side the difference is over 1.5 kmpl. Do bear in mind that the warranty may get void since the owners manual mentions no performance enhancments should be carried out.
I will carry out a test in all 4 settings and let you know the outcome.
Cheers
Did you get the same done yourself? How easy is it to fit? Do I need the help from an expert? Please do post some pictures of the installation
Old 8th January 2013, 10:46   #81
BHPian

Hi Nurni76

The 205 also fit well. I have had them both on steel rims and now on OE alloys. They fit perfectly well. The picture with 205 on steel rims is available at
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ounting-2.html

I had ordered OE alloys and they have just arrived. So I moved to alloys just a few days ago. The present set up is Yoko A drive 205/60 R-15. Maybe I should click a picture with alloys and update my ownership thread.

I am hoping you did find a reliable accessory shop for damping material and sound deadener. If not, pm me and I can refer a couple.

The RD box was not fitted by me but at Car Fancy, a shop in Kormangla, Bangalore. Its actually a 15 minute job. In my thread a few days ago I did update some additional information on what a RD box does. If you do intend to go for it I would say have it fixed by someone who knows about it and will standby in case of incorrect instal.

Finally, any more trips coming up? Keep us posted.

Cheers
Rajain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2013, 23:02   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajain
Hi Nurni76

The 205 also fit well. I have had them both on steel rims and now on OE alloys. They fit perfectly well. The picture with 205 on steel rims is available at
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ounting-2.html.

Finally, any more trips coming up? Keep us posted.

Cheers
Thanks for the inputs. Great to know you are enjoying your ride with the 205. I have not found time to get the sound deadening thing done. Hope to do it soon. Are you aware of any shops in Gurgaon that do this? Not planning any trips now. The weather is extremely cold here and I don't feel like going out.

Of late I am facing a squeaking sound from the front left door trim. This is irritating. Guess I need to use the foam technique here as well. Are you facing a similar issue?
Old 14th January 2013, 11:41   #83
BHPian

I have been hearing a kat kat sound from the the overhead AC panel (the one thats [provided for the rear seat ) , Thats sound comes when the car goes in pot holes or uneven roads . Its almost as if the overhead panel is twisting and bending and hence the plastic is making such a sound . Will have to get it checked in the next service . Have you guys observer anything similar? And am begining to dislike the 185 profile tyres , they're not fun anymore . I should have changed them when the car was new .
Old 14th January 2013, 22:34   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gautamkhadse
I have been hearing a kat kat sound from the the overhead AC panel (the one thats [provided for the rear seat ) , Thats sound comes when the car goes in pot holes or uneven roads . Its almost as if the overhead panel is twisting and bending and hence the plastic is making such a sound . Will have to get it checked in the next service . Have you guys observer anything similar? And am begining to dislike the 185 profile tyres , they're not fun anymore . I should have changed them when the car was new .
Hi Gautam, I am also hearing a similar noise from the over head blower. It is more of a squeak and probably is coming from the touching of the coils by the cover of the roof. But this is less of an irritant compared to the door trim. Maruti has still a long way to go when it comes to the quality of interior plastics.
Old 6th February 2013, 21:32   #85
BHPian

7000kms update.

Not many issues except for the door squeaking that continues unabated. Getting a consistent mileage of 17.3 kmpl on MID albeit without AC for the last 2 months.

Yesterday had the first puncture and the Michelin had to bear the brunt of a 2 inch nail.
Attached Thumbnails
"Luv" Story 2012 - My Silky Silver Maruti Ertiga Zdi-image713062748.jpg  

"Luv" Story 2012 - My Silky Silver Maruti Ertiga Zdi-image1477821334.jpg  

nurni76 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2013, 18:58   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurni76 View Post
Update 4000 Kms of my "LUV" story:
[*]Minor rattle from over head Air cooler unit. This can be heard on rough roads without music on. Has any one else faced this issue?[/list]
hi

is the rattle 2nd row blower unit fixed ?

my ertiga vdi's 2nd row ac started rattling in less than 600kms on odo.waiting for 1st service to get it checked.
Old 17th February 2013, 22:08   #87
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
...I am hoping you did find a reliable accessory shop for damping material and sound deadener. If not, pm me and I can refer a couple.
Why over PM?! Please do put it on the forum so lot more will benefit! We all look for such tips while reading thru the threads. These are what I call, hidden gems. No one looks for it, but adds a lot of value when come across.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad75 View Post
hi

my ertiga vdi's 2nd row ac started rattling in less than 600kms on odo.waiting for 1st service to get it checked.
This is pathetic! rattling in sub 5L is acceptable; not on a car this expensive! They need to get it right. After the rattle saga on my swift, my base condition for next car is "NO RATTLE"! It irritates so much when there is no music in the car.
Old 18th February 2013, 23:16   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad75 View Post

hi

The rattle from the blower is still there though very faint and audible with a careful hearing. I have not been able to fix it. Will do it during the 3rd service. Although it is very faint, it is really an irritant. The rattles that I hear are clearly from the plastic parts. Though the plastic quality has improved significantly, Maruti has still some catching to do with Honda and European brands.
Old 22nd March 2013, 21:41   #89
BHPian

Even I do have a Ertiga ZDI without alloys. I find it a practical car and is bang for the buck. It does drive very well and I do know there is turbo lag, which has been minimized by the shorter 1st and 2nd gears. I consistently get around 15to 16.5 in the city. On the highway I get the same mileage as I am consistently above 110kmph and the rpm is more than 3000. I like the seating arrangement and found the 3rd row comfortable for medium height passengers. Wish Maruti had plonked a much bigger engine atleast a 1.5L with over 125 bhp with the VGT and I bet it will be a great combination. The only grouse i have is the climate control, pathetic OEM speakers and an overkill of beige. I have upgraded the ICE setup with 4 nos Focal components with door damping and a 4 channel sony digital amp. Now I enjoy the music and the long drives in the Ertiga. Its a complete VFM product from Maruti.
Old 23rd March 2013, 17:12   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparsh View Post
Even I do have a Ertiga ZDI without alloys. I find it a practical car and is bang for the buck. It does drive very well and I do know there is turbo lag, which has been minimized by the shorter 1st and 2nd gears. I consistently get around 15to 16.5 in the city. On the highway I get the same mileage as I am consistently above 110kmph and the rpm is more than 3000. I like the seating arrangement and found the 3rd row comfortable for medium height passengers. Wish Maruti had plonked a much bigger engine atleast a 1.5L with over 125 bhp with the VGT and I bet it will be a great combination. The only grouse i have is the climate control, pathetic OEM speakers and an overkill of beige. I have upgraded the ICE setup with 4 nos Focal components with door damping and a 4 channel sony digital amp. Now I enjoy the music and the long drives in the Ertiga. Its a complete VFM product from Maruti.
Hi Sparsh,I agree with you on most points. It is really value for money with an optimal combination of power, mileage, space and features. I am consistently getting a mileage of around 17kmpl. A bigger engine would have been ideal but would come at the cost of FE. I for one feel the quality of speakers to be decent though I am not a big audio freak. Please post more on your Ertiga including pictures.

Most Viewed