Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st May 2013, 00:13   #91

Re: "Luv" Story 2012 - My Silky Silver Maruti Ertiga Zdi

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurni76 View Post
My Luv Story continues. I got my "Luv" new seat covers.
Nice work on the seats.. I had installed beige seat covers from a local dealership. The person said that its not possible to have the cover wrapped around the hand rest without removing the original cover. So I wanted to know if you had removed the original cover and installed the seat covers. Also I sat inside an ertiga that had the new seatcover installed. But the middle portion of the second row is very uncomfortable. it is impossible to sit there for longer drives
Can you please give me your feedback on the ride in the second row middle and how the seat cover was installed
Old 1st May 2013, 17:10   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by visakh_nair View Post

Nice work on the seats.. I had installed beige seat covers from a local dealership. The person said that its not possible to have the cover wrapped around the hand rest without removing the original cover. So I wanted to know if you had removed the original cover and installed the seat covers. Also I sat inside an ertiga that had the new seatcover installed. But the middle portion of the second row is very uncomfortable. it is impossible to sit there for longer drives
Can you please give me your feedback on the ride in the second row middle and how the seat cover was installed
Thanks visakh. You don't need to remove the original cover. I got mine wrapped over the existing factory upholstery. In case of leather seats, the original one gets removed.
I have not sat myself in the middle row, but have travelled with 3 in the middle row. None complained, but I feel the gap between the 2 seats (60:40) may make the middle passenger uncomfortable over long journeys.
Old 27th June 2013, 22:59   #93
BHPian

3rd service completed at 9.5k kms. Total bill of Rs 6800. Got the following done

Synthetic oil added, oil filter changed, wheel balancing and alignment done, waxing and upholstery cleaning done. Reported the minor noise from the over head cooling unit,but when we took the road test, could not spot the noise, so nothing was done. Engine seems to now have become a little more smooth. Mileage hopefully should improve from current levels of 16kmpl.
Old 28th June 2013, 23:22   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
3rd service completed at 9.5k kms. Total bill of Rs 6800. Got the following done

Synthetic oil added, oil filter changed, wheel balancing and alignment done, waxing and upholstery cleaning done. Reported the minor noise from the over head cooling unit,but when we took the road test, could not spot the noise, so nothing was done. Engine seems to now have become a little more smooth. Mileage hopefully should improve from current levels of 16kmpl.
What is the replacement interval for Synthetic oil ? Typically VW and other typical cars which use Synthetic recommend 15000 kms. Does maruti say similar or 10000 kms?
Old 1st July 2013, 16:49   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
What is the replacement interval for Synthetic oil ? Typically VW and other typical cars which use Synthetic recommend 15000 kms. Does maruti say similar or 10000 kms?
I am not sure on what the typical replacement interval for synthetic oil is, but Maruti specifies oil change every 10000 KM. So the next oil change will be at around 20K kms.
Old 20th July 2013, 16:12   #96
BHPian

Quote:

For the benefit of all, here is a break up of the cost.

Oil filter - Rs 332
Balance weights -Rs 256
Synthetic oil Mobil -Rs 3357
Screen wash concentrate - Rs 27

Total cost - Rs 3972 and including VAT Rs 4493

Labor cost

Upholstery cleaning -Rs 750
Body rubbing and polishing - Rs 800
Wheel alignment - Rs 350
Wheel balancing - Rs 240

Total cost - Rs 2115 and including service tax and cess - Rs 2376

Grand total - Rs 6870

Last edited by nurni76 : 20th July 2013 at 16:14.
nurni76 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2013, 01:12   #97
BHPian

Been reading comments on the ertiga zdi as I am planning to buy one. Loved your review a lot and have subscribed to your thread too. By the way no updates since long.
Old 8th September 2013, 13:31   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailashnj View Post
Been reading comments on the ertiga zdi as I am planning to buy one. Loved your review a lot and have subscribed to your thread too. By the way no updates since long.
Hi kailashnj,

Thanks. Glad that you found my review helpful. I have been busy with work these days. Besides, there is nothing much to report as my Luv is performing well without any issues. I had been to Udaipur last month covering 1500 kms in 4 days. Had a real blast driving between Ajmer and Udaipur sections. The Ertiga performed fabulously on the highways returning an average of 19.5 kmpl for the trip.
Old 17th September 2013, 03:29   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Hi kailashnj,

Thanks. Glad that you found my review helpful. I have been busy with work these days. Besides, there is nothing much to report as my Luv is performing well without any issues. I had been to Udaipur last month covering 1500 kms in 4 days. Had a real blast driving between Ajmer and Udaipur sections. The Ertiga performed fabulously on the highways returning an average of 19.5 kmpl for the trip.
That's perfect news to my ears. I have booked a white ZDI today and now anxiously waiting for its delivery. Probably the delivery is scheduled for 4th Oct, but I am trying all my luck to push it to end of this week. Let's see.

By the way where is the travelogue of your Udaipur trip with lots of pictures.
Old 26th May 2015, 13:04   #100
BHPian

Hi

I have a Ertiga ZXI (petrol) that is 4 months old and I have driven close to 3000 km. I did 3 tank full to tank-full tests and found the mileage to be in the 10.5-11 kmpl range. It is too low for a maruti. I drive in medium to heavy traffic and mostly by myself or with 3-4 people load. A/C is on 80% of the time. Do any others have such low mileage? Will 2nd service address this issue?

Thanks
Madhav
Old 26th May 2015, 16:07   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddyoni10 View Post
Hi

I did 3 tank full to tank-full tests and found the mileage to be in the 10.5-11 kmpl range. Do any others have such low mileage?

Thanks
Madhav
Hi Madhav,

I have a Ertiga Vxi. My daily commute is on the GST Road. I drive with 100% AC. The mileage varies between 10.5 to 11.5 kmpl. On the highways its between 15-16 kmpl. I believe this is normal for a vehicle of this size and weight. I suggest you to get your tyre pressure checked. I normally maintain 33psi for all the tyres (195/60 R15).

Last edited by Prodigy07 : 26th May 2015 at 16:08. Reason: Including Tyre Details too!
Prodigy07 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2015, 18:13   #102
BHPian

Hi

Thanks for the reply. I checked tyre pressure today and it was 30 psi. So I have been driving around with lower tyre pressure and my driving style is also a little aggressive. I rev it too hard and try to be the first one out of a signal. I will try to drive smoothly and see how it changes.

Thanks
Madhav

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks