Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2012, 21:18   #1
BHPian

"Luv" Story 2012 - My Silky Silver Maruti Ertiga Zdi

Friends, I am excited to pen down the ownership review of my Ertiga Silky Silver ZDi. This will be my first ownership review on the forum. I am a veteran here but somehow neither found the initiative nor the time to write a detailed ownership review. This time, I decided, I need to break the shackles and share my experiences. This probably is also the first ownership review of Zdi in this forum. The review is going to be a long one, so kindly excuse if it is boring, since I am not a great narrator of stories.

Chapter 1: Pre Booking/Delivery experience

The thought of getting a new car began almost a year back when I moved from Bangalore (very reluctantly) to Gurgaon (the place where I began my career almost 12 years back) in May 2011. While I moved in last year, my family continued to live in Bangalore as we decided to move in with bag and baggage only for the academic year 2012-13. The car I was looking for would be primarily for my wife when she moves to Gurgaon, while SX4 would continue to be my drive.

We initially started to look out for a hatch since my wife would be comfortable driving it. Her first choice was the Jazz, since we used to often travel in a Jazz of a friend of mine in Bangalore and she was impressed by its versatility and space. We visited the Honda dealer in March 2012, but unfortunately the dealer had stopped taking bookings. In April 2012 I brought my son to Gurgaon, as his school opened in April. My wife was supposed to join me in June and I would definitely need a car by June latest. Since Jazz was not available, we decided to look at other options. Wife also liked the Polo, but somehow its 3 Pot mill did not excite us and so we ditched the idea. At this time, I also heard of the impending launch of Ertiga in April and decided to wait. Come April 12th, the launch date, I visited the showroom in Gurgaon and Test Drove the vehicle and was impressed by its overall versatility and impressive packaging. My initial TD views have been posted in this link http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post2745345. Wife had a look at the vehicle in Bangalore and she too was impressed. We then decided to book the Ertiga since it also very much looked like Jazz. The decision to go for a Petrol or diesel was purely based on my TD experience and nothing to do with the economics of one over the other. While the Petrol had a good pickup, refinement and drive ability in city, the diesel impressed on the highways even though it had turbo lag at lower RPMs. For me, being a petrol head, who loves to rev the engine to its limit, it was a tough decision, but we decided to go in for the diesel. Of course, we did not want to compromise on the safety aspects, and hence the ZDi was the only option for us. So we decided to book the ZDi on April 14th i.e. on Vishu day, (an auspicious day for me). Our choice of color was Firebrick red. However a week later, wife landed in Gurgaon and we happened to see a Silky Silver Ertiga on display and that made us change our mind. We immediately transferred the booking to a Silky Silver ZDi. The dealer mentioned that the delivery date would be known later as Maruti had not indicated any date of delivery. Subsequently, when I got my booking details, the dealer indicated a possible delivery in Aug 2012. Of course, that was totally unacceptable to me, but I had no option, but to quietly wait.

Now it was May 2012, our impatience grew and so did our need for a second vehicle. June was fast approaching. We decided not to put all eggs in one basket, and decided to check Jazz again. This time, there was a red Jazz on display on the showroom. Wife and I decided to pay an advance of Rs 50K and went ahead with the booking of a UT Jazz X. The dealer had mentioned a delivery within 30-45 days. So we hoped to get Jazz by Mid June latest. The deal between my wife and me was that we would go for the vehicle that would be delivered first. Now it was a fight between the new “LUV” and the relatively old Jazz. Days rolled and my family completely shifted to Gurgaon with all stuff in mid June. Wife joined the new company in 3rd week of June and we were left without a second vehicle. So for a week I had the onus of dropping her to office and picking her up in the evening.

Chapter 2: “The Surprise call” – PDI and Delivery experience:

It was now June last week, and I was continuing with the duty of dropping and picking up wife daily. June 27th I get a call from the dealer saying that my Ertiga ZDi has been dispatched from the factory and I could take delivery in a couple of days. That was a pleasant surprise. I wanted to reconfirm the color and boy, it was silky silver. Miracles do happen sometimes, I said to myself. I wasted no time and called the dealer the same day and asked to see the vehicle and do a PDI. I was taken to the Yard, where I saw a couple of Silver ZDis, a white ZXi and a couple of LDis. Checked my Zdi, it was dispatched on June 26th and so I got a freshly baked ZDi. Noted the engine and Chassis No and then did all necessary checks as per the Team BHP checklist and assured myself of the vehicle’s condition.

My next task was to take delivery. I checked with my parents in Bangalore for an auspicious time. They said the next day, i.e. June 29th post 5 PM was a good time. So it was decided, I would be taking delivery on 29th June, within the June boundary I had initially in my mind. I quickly started the process for delivery, including exploring options for insurance. Maruti was offering an insurance that cost close to 24K, while help from Team BHPians, provided me an Insurance for Rs 18.3K through Royal Sundaram. I then quickly called up the General Manager of the dealership asking him if he could match the figure which he politely refused. So I mentioned I would be going with self insurance; a neat saving of Rs 5.5K.

The day dawned and my excitement grew. I completed other formalities like getting necessary address proofs, organizing a DD for payment etc. I made the full payment and indicated that I would be visiting the showroom after 5PM to take delivery. Later that evening my wife, son and in laws, visited the showroom. The dealer kept us waiting for around 30 Minutes. All necessary signatures were then completed. The dealer did a decent job of explaining PDI process and delivery checklist, provided me the temporary road certificate which would be valid for a month. A complete demo of the vehicle was then provided, right from explaining about the various switches, testing the lights, wipers, to demoing of the process of removal of spare tyre. Dealer also provided a 3 Ltr coupon for diesel apart from the 2 Ltrs of diesel in the vehicle. Overall I was satisfied with the delivery process. The dealer took a snap of the entire family with the car and offered a box of sweets.

Accessories: Did not spend much on accessories, mainly because I did not like most of what the dealer was offering. The dealer was offering accessories pack for Rs 2890 that consisted of the floor mats, Door sill plates, Side moulds, divinity and perfume. Only floor mats (Beige color) and Door sill plates (Silver) were purchased that cost me Rs 2100. Skipped the door side moulds since they looked too wide and unimpressive. The on road price, with the self insurance and the above 2 accessories added, was Rs 9.13L, inclusive of the 3rd Year extended warranty.

Chapter 3: “The devil is in the details”- Looks; Exterior and Interiors:

Post taking delivery, I drove the car straight to the nearest temple and performed the necessary rituals. I have not driven much yet, but am penning my initial views. I will update this chapter periodically to make it even more comprehensive; now for most part of the story below; I would be drawing comparisons with my SX4, because that’s where I spent a significant part of my last 5 years of existence

Exteriors:

Team BHP review has already spoken enough about the exteriors, but for me, the Ertiga is a pretty nice looking MUV. It has nothing drastic or dramatic and hence is pleasing to the eye and will appeal to most. The front gives a slightly aggressive crouching stance, thanks to the grill and the not so tall windshield. In fact, had the windshield been a little taller, it would have been a conventional looking MUV like the Innova, but I love the aggressive frontal stance. The side view is very elegant and Classy. The extra long rear doors give it a stretched look, while the bulge on the wheel arches give it a slightly rugged feel. The side view is the cleanest and most elegant of all the views. The rear is not very inspiring. Maruti could have made it a lot better by offering slightly wider tail lights and maybe a chrome strip above the License plate. Currently, a large portion of the tail lights, are on the side than on the rear. However, this gives it a Jazz like look. The rear wiper looks classy with the windshield offering a good view while reversing. The ORVMs look classy with the side indicators embedded in them.

"Luv" Story 2012 - My Silky Silver Maruti Ertiga Zdi-dsc00762_main-ext_front.jpg
Front View is aggressive

"Luv" Story 2012 - My Silky Silver Maruti Ertiga Zdi-dsc00759_main-ext.jpg
Elegant Side View

"Luv" Story 2012 - My Silky Silver Maruti Ertiga Zdi-dsc00766.jpg
Plain Rear

"Luv" Story 2012 - My Silky Silver Maruti Ertiga Zdi-dsc00769.jpg
Rear 3 quarter

Interiors:

Step into the MUV and I can see a sea of beige. This, of course gives a sense of space, but I am not a great fan of beige. The front dashboard has a combination of greyish brown and beige. The brown looks classy and this part of the interiors is of good quality. The design of the dashboard is exactly the same as swift. This looks very classy, though Maruti should have taken efforts to design an altogether new dashboard for Ertiga. The rest of the beige plastics are hard, but significantly better than my SX4. There are of course several bits like the plastic cover for the Tool Kit area, plastic panel near the doors that shout of lesser than acceptable quality. The ORVM adjustment knob also is of poor quality, but then once adjusted, this rarely gets touched. The ORVM themselves offer less visibility compared to my SX4, which provides a great view of the road. The power window buttons also are of a grade lower quality and I guess with so much of Team BHP in me, my sense for quality and refinement has gone up significantly and hence the expectation mismatch as well!

"Luv" Story 2012 - My Silky Silver Maruti Ertiga Zdi-dsc00765.jpg
Beige Interiors

The Glove box offers decent space. The depth I feel is lesser than SX4. The Can holder is a nice and thoughtful touch. The steering wheel looks nice but the beige is really irritating. The horn position is odd and one can’t apply the horn without removing the hand from the steering. This is irritating, but may prevent us from honking frequently I guess. The stereo control buttons look nice on the steering wheel. The music system is a very classy unit and works like a dream. It is much better than the unit on my SX4. There are 2 tweeters on the front dashboard, and 4 speakers, 1 on each door. The display on the unit though could have been better. The volume and mode adjust knob look neat with a ring of chrome. The other good thing is the presence of a USB drive in addition to a CD unit.

"Luv" Story 2012 - My Silky Silver Maruti Ertiga Zdi-dsc00756_rand-int.jpg
Classy Music system that sounds great. Easy to use AC controls though ACC is sorely missed.

"Luv" Story 2012 - My Silky Silver Maruti Ertiga Zdi-dsc00774.jpg
Beige Steering wheel is odd. Good quality buttons on the steering for music control.

The front seats are really wide and comfortable, just like my SX4. The driver’s seat offers very good thigh support and back support. The ‘height-adjust’ and ‘seat-recline’ levers though feel really flimsy, but serve their purpose in getting the optimal height and angle. The beige seats look pretty up market though will be difficult to maintain. The seat push back lever is a little difficult to operate, but offers good traverse especially for tall drivers and co passengers. There is no dead pedal, but I really do not miss it as there is ample space to the left of the clutch to place my foot. No problem of shin hitting the dashboard below the steering column as reported in other reviews.

The middle row is really comfortable. In fact we went out with 3 adults in the mid row and my wife was mentioning that the middle row is as comfortable as the SX4 despite its narrow width. I guess this has to do with the ability to recline the middle row and the additional height which liberates some shoulder room. Besides the transmission tunnel is not pronounced like in SX4 which helps 3 sit with reasonable comfort. Of course, the comfort for 3 adults in the middle row is nowhere near an Innova or Xylo and is best suited for short drives. There is plenty of leg room for the middle row passengers. The seat offers decent thigh support and is quite comfortable. The last row is a good place to be for average sized adults for long drives as well. I did test with driving position for me (5’10”), the middle row again set to my height and found leg room sufficient in the last row for me to sit comfortably. The process of getting into the last row is pretty easy, though slightly well built people may face issues. Also a certain amount of effort is required to slide the middle row forward and then fold the back rest to get into the last row. The last row though is slightly short on head room for tall passengers. Thigh support is not as good as the middle row, but is acceptable.

"Luv" Story 2012 - My Silky Silver Maruti Ertiga Zdi-dsc00778.jpg
Really comfortable middle row. Note near flat transmission tunnel.

"Luv" Story 2012 - My Silky Silver Maruti Ertiga Zdi-dsc00777.jpg
Entry to the rear row is by adjusting the lever on the middle seat and sliding it front. Poor quality of seat lever.

"Luv" Story 2012 - My Silky Silver Maruti Ertiga Zdi-dsc00780.jpg
Leg room with me in the middle row with driver seat as per my driving position setting. I am 5 ' 10"

"Luv" Story 2012 - My Silky Silver Maruti Ertiga Zdi-dsc00781.jpg
Leg room with me in the 3rd row with the same driver and middle seat settings.

Storage space is in abundance inside. The last row offers cup holders on either side, apart from the bottle holders in the 4 doors. There is a slot in the front above the glove box for storage in addition to a cup holder near the gear lever. They could have provided a Ritz like top on the dashboard that could be opened to place certain small things.

The compactness with a spacious interior packaging is the biggest USP of Ertiga. However, what has suffered in the process is the boot space. At most 2 small sized suitcases will fit in and if all 3 seats are used for a long journey, one will have to fit a roof carrier for sure. The boot has a small recess below where we can put in small stuff. This is pretty neat. The Tool kit rests neatly in the side recess of the boot while the spare wheel is concealed below. Opening the spare wheel is an easy process.

"Luv" Story 2012 - My Silky Silver Maruti Ertiga Zdi-dsc00764.jpg
Boot space. This is my Sons Cricket kit. Gives an indication of the space.

Things I really liked in the interiors:
  • Great versatility and space for 6 average adults and a kid. Flexible middle row is really comfortable.
  • Good looking interiors and good finish and fit.
  • Great music system.
  • Very good sound insulation (Relative to my SX4). Both engine and road noises are negligible. Even the sound of the horn is not so audible from inside.

Things I dislike in the interiors:
  • Sea of Beige. This is going to be a nightmare to maintain.
  • Poor quality plastics at several places.
  • Lack of space for luggage with all seats folded up.
  • Indicator stalks are pretty hard to operate. Guess they might loosen on usage
Improvements over my SX4 (might help a lot of folks who are looking at this car):
  • Interior design, fit and finish – much better than SX4.
  • MID – This is really a boon and works well – The average currently is showing 12.5Km/L since a bulk of my driving is in the city. Not present in SX4
  • Door ajar warning for all 4 doors unlike only driver door in SX4
  • Low fuel warning light and beep which is absent in SX4
  • Music system – Impressive and much better than SX4
  • Indicator sound when switched on is more refined and premium than SX4
  • 2 reverse lights unlike 1 in SX4

"Luv" Story 2012 - My Silky Silver Maruti Ertiga Zdi-dsc00782.jpg

"Luv" Story 2012 - My Silky Silver Maruti Ertiga Zdi-dsc00776.jpg
Some random shots.

Chapter 4: “Straight Drive”- The enthusiasts’ column – Engine, Performance and the Works:

As I pen this review I have just driven around 200Kms, but have been able to drive across different road conditions – bad roads, congested roads, Express way, inclined surfaces; to be able to provide a balanced assessment.
Crank the engine, and one can immediately feel it is a diesel, especially for me coming from a Petrol background. The engine judders and comes to life with growls like that of a Tiger. Once in idle, I can hardly hear the engine noise. Refinement is not as great as petrol, but is definitely superb when compared with other diesel engines like Innova and Xylo.

As you slot it into 1st gear and move, the short gearing is clearly noticeable. There is an irritating lag and I have observed that once you start the car in 1st gear and remove the foot and again press the pedal, there is a severe lag as though the car is stopping. It takes about a second then to rev to 2k rpm. The trick, I have realized, is to keep the pedal pressed till you hit 1800 RPM and then up shift to 2nd.The 2nd gear is again short though better than 1st. The effect of the surge above 2000 RPM is not pronounced in the first 2 gears. 3rd gear onwards is when you start to love the engine. Slot the gear in 3rd and take the car to 2000 rpm and I can feel my back hit the seat. In fact the sweet spot is around 2100 rpm. The car lunges ahead, though the surge is definitely not in the league of the Swift. Up to 2000 rpm the turbo lag does trouble city driving, especially for me with experience of driving the SX4. However, on the highways, the Ertiga cruises effortlessly. I am able to touch 80KMPH with the RPM hovering around 2000 in the 5th gear, pretty impressive. What impresses me is effortless nature of the drive and the stability. Since the car is new and in run in period, I haven’t taken it to high speeds, but managed to touch 120kmph and the car was stable. City driving in start stop traffic is a little cumbersome and I need to get used to this, but cruising on highways is the strength of Ertiga.

Handling is quite good for an MUV and very car like. I find it better or on par with my SX4 though it may be too early to comment. I have driven around 40Kms on the winding Gurgaon Faridabad stretch and felt the handling to be good on this stretch. Steering feedback is good though I did not go beyond 120Kmph. The Car is quite stable at this highway speeds.

The ride quality of the Ertiga is strength. I got my stock MRFs upgraded to 195/60R15 Michelin Primacy LC and the ride has further improved. The vehicle devours uneven surfaces with aplomb. Suspension is tuned for comfort but ride is not compromised significantly. The braking, handling and the steering feedback also seem to have perceptibly improved with the new set of shoes. I love the ride with the new rubber! There is a slight thud when the car is driven on humps without passengers or load. I guess this is to do with the long wheel base. Also there is some irritating sound from the rear, which I realized was due to the vibration of the middle row head rest when in upright position. This looks like a periscope jutting up when it is upright.

The gear shift is precise and less notchy than my SX4, though there is a certain effort to slot in the 3rd gear. I guess this should improve with running. The throw is short and similar to SX4. This lever itself is short and feels very car like compared to Innova. Visibility while driving is very good all around. Rear visibility for reversing is better compared to my SX4, though need to get used to the fact that there is no boot now. I think a reverse parking sensor still is pretty much a necessity. Planning to get one soon! Blind spot problem due to the A pillar not as much as the SX4. The car is also easy to turn and park. Tested today at my office where I had to park in a narrow slot behind another. It is in fact easier than parking my SX4. This is a big boon for all since most people drive a large amount in congested city traffic.

The air-conditioning works well. I can vouch for this since I have tested it in 43 deg heat of Delhi. The vehicle cools quickly in about 10-15 mins after parking the car in hot sun for an hour despite the large glass house and cabin volume. The rear passengers too mentioned that they were very comfortable with the roof AC working well. There is no effect on the engine with AC switched on. However, the AC performance is less effective compared to my SX4. Of course SX4 has ACC and a lower cooling volume, but still I miss the SX4 effect of AC in the Ertiga.

"Luv" Story 2012 - My Silky Silver Maruti Ertiga Zdi-dsc00779.jpg
AC unit for the middle and rear seat passengers. Works well.

Now for the important question of mileage; I have not tested it yet using the tankful method, but the MID indicates around 12.5KMPL with 80% driving in congested traffic and the occasional sprints on the expressway and full AC in 43 deg Delhi heat. I will test this using the tankful method and post further updates. What really was a pleasant surprise was when I filled 35 Ltrs of diesel; it just cost me around Rs1400.

Things I really liked in the drive:
  • Fantastic ride quality
  • Refined diesel engine. Minimal engine noise into the cabin
  • The surge above 2000rpm, though not as pronounced as swift, brings a smile
  • Highway cruising ability and stability at triple digit speeds
  • Car like handling, good braking

Things I dislike in the drive:
  • Irritating Turbo lag at low RPMs making city drive a little painful.
  • Shorter 1st and 2nd gears; they do help in taking loads and conquering inclines, but spoil the fun to drive aspect of the car.

Ertiga’s USP is the car like manners making both ride and handling more than par for the course. The diesel engine is refined and offers good cruising ability.

Accessories Added:
Door mat – Beige, Door sill plates
Tyre upgraded to Michelin Primacy 195/60/15

Accessories Planned:
Reverse Parking sensor with Camera and Blue tooth
Door side moulds (Am looking for some chrome type. Don’t like the black side strips)

"Luv" Story 2012 - My Silky Silver Maruti Ertiga Zdi-dsc00775.jpg
Close look at the Speedo, Tacho and MID units

"Luv" Story 2012 - My Silky Silver Maruti Ertiga Zdi-dsc00761.jpg
That's the new shoes I got for her.

Last edited by GTO : 6th July 2012 at 13:02. Reason: As requested
nurni76 is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 4th July 2012, 16:07   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: "Luv" Story 2012 - My Silky Silver Maruti Ertiga Zdi

Thread moved from the Assembly Line to the Initial Ownership Section. Thanks for sharing!
Old 4th July 2012, 17:44   #3
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your new ride. Keep the updates coming as i will closely watching your thread as i am planning to buy the Ertiga as my next family vehicle once i sell either of my Getz Crdi or Elantra Crdi.
Safe driving.
Old 4th July 2012, 18:08   #4
BHPian

Very well written, Hari! You may want to check out the 3D mats available in the market. They cocoon the carpet area better and with the dusty environs of ggn, they may be more useful.
Old 4th July 2012, 18:23   #5
Senior - BHPian

Congrats! Another Ertiga on the forum. A nice looking car, except my only nitpick would be that the rear end looks bland as compared to the rest of the car. Maruti seems to have got the interiors right, with the new Swift/Swift Dzire and the Ertiga. Do get a nice seat cover, the beige interiors get muddy in no time.

Drive safe.

Last edited by W.A.G.7 : 4th July 2012 at 18:24.
Old 4th July 2012, 18:41   #6
BHPian

Nice choice of the color of a great vehicle. Maruti seems to have got a winner in their stable.
The 1.3 MJD is a great engine and blends great with the car. The front looks great, side is simple and classic, but seems MSIL missed out on the rear. Wished it had a bit larger lights and some more element.
The interiors are straight from the swift and the Dzire which in turn replicate Kizashi. Nice to know it handles just like a car and the AC also cools the huge cabin in no time.
As W.A.G.7 mentioned, take care of the beige interiors. They get dirty in no time.
Wish you many miles ahead and drive safe.

Last edited by carzone : 4th July 2012 at 18:43.
Old 4th July 2012, 20:20   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by undead View Post
Congrats on your new ride. Keep the updates coming as i will closely watching your thread as i am planning to buy the Ertiga as my next family vehicle once i sell either of my Getz Crdi or Elantra Crdi.
Safe driving.
Thanks @ undead. I hope to keep this thread updated frequently with my ownership experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hells Bells View Post
Very well written, Hari! You may want to check out the 3D mats available in the market. They cocoon the carpet area better and with the dusty environs of ggn, they may be more useful.
Thanks Rishi. I hope I have been able to cover most aspects through this review. I Will check out 3D mats. Just thinking of maintaining the interiors in GGN dusty conditions is giving me nightmares.

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A.G.7 View Post
Congrats! Another Ertiga on the forum. A nice looking car, except my only nitpick would be that the rear end looks bland as compared to the rest of the car. Maruti seems to have got the interiors right, with the new Swift/Swift Dzire and the Ertiga. Do get a nice seat cover, the beige interiors get muddy in no time.

Drive safe.
I agree. The rear should have had more character. I also find it to be plain and boring. I will look to add seat covers later once the seats become a little soiled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carzone View Post
Nice choice of the color of a great vehicle. Maruti seems to have got a winner in their stable.
The 1.3 MJD is a great engine and blends great with the car. The front looks great, side is simple and classic, but seems MSIL missed out on the rear. Wished it had a bit larger lights and some more element.
The interiors are straight from the swift and the Dzire which in turn replicate Kizashi. Nice to know it handles just like a car and the AC also cools the huge cabin in no time.
As W.A.G.7 mentioned, take care of the beige interiors. They get dirty in no time.
Wish you many miles ahead and drive safe.
Thanks for the compliment. Yes the MJD is a gem, though I am still trying to get used to diesel.
Old 5th July 2012, 16:02   #8
BHPian

Got a call from my Dealer today regarding invitation for a session with Maruti Engineers tomorrow. The session is organized to explain about the new vehicle, its features and also to do a check of the new vehicle. This is a good initiative from Maruti. Any other owners got a similar invite? If so what happens in the session? Is it worth attending?
Old 5th July 2012, 16:22   #9
BHPian

Nice review and congrats on getting the Ertiga. The side view does resemble a grown up Jazz.

I concur with the opinions mentioned above that the rear end looks plain. The light cluster should have ideally been stretched out vertically like those of the Innova. When I see the V variant Ertigas on the road without the rear wiper, the vehicle looks way too small due to the light cluster design.

Too much beige and absence of ACC are the two areas where MUL could have done better. But the MJD engine with VGT should more than make up for that. I'm sure the Ertiga would feel a lot better than the SX4 from a driving perspective.
Old 5th July 2012, 17:36   #10
Senior - BHPian

This one is very detailed and well written initital ownership report.
Congrats for your silky silver new Ertiga. MUL is milking the 1.3 MFD engine like anything.
The engine quality is top notch and as it seems from your review, MUL has optimally tuned the engine for Ertiga.

But in all this excitement of getting the Ertiga, I hope you didn't forget to cancel the booking for Jazz. I didn't find the mention anywhere, but I hope you did .
Old 5th July 2012, 19:09   #11
BHPian

Congrats! Very well written review. Happy driving.
Old 5th July 2012, 20:16   #12
Senior - BHPian

Many Congratulations mate for getting the Luvely Maruti Ertiga!

Maruti has a clear winner in their hands in terms of Ertiga in MUV segment. Their first product in this segment and it's simple awesome.

Do keep the thread updated with FE and service updates.

Wishing you happy and safe driving!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurni76 View Post
It is much better than the unit on my SX4. There are 2 woofers on the front dashboard, and 4 speakers, 1 on each door.
I sincerely hope they are tweeters otherwise 2 woofers in front dashboard may just crack the windshield and the dashboard itself!

Just kidding, no offense meant!
Old 5th July 2012, 20:44   #13
BHPian

Congratulations on your new ride and Happy Mile Crunching !

How is the SQ of the OEM Audio system? Are you planning an upgrade?

Regards
Old 5th July 2012, 21:46   #14
Senior - BHPian

Nice detailed review Nurni! A few days back an Ertiga was going in front of me, and kept up pretty well on curvy roads (after Kanakpura, NH209). Was impressed at the way it performed.
nilanjanray is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2012, 21:47   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alive2Drive View Post
Congratulations on your new ride and Happy Mile Crunching !

How is the SQ of the OEM Audio system? Are you planning an upgrade?

Regards
The SQ is very good. Not planning any upgrades for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Many Congratulations mate for getting the Luvely Maruti Ertiga!
Do keep the thread updated with FE and service updates.

I sincerely hope they are tweeters otherwise 2 woofers in front dashboard may just crack the windshield and the dashboard itself!

Just kidding, no offense meant!
Thanks. I will keep the thread updated. They are tweeters. My bad . Thanks for correcting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay0612 View Post
Congrats! Very well written review. Happy driving.
Thanks Ajay. Your experience on the other thread inspired me to write mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau View Post
This one is very detailed and well written initital ownership report.
Congrats for your silky silver new Ertiga. MUL is milking the 1.3 MFD engine like anything.
The engine quality is top notch and as it seems from your review, MUL has optimally tuned the engine for Ertiga.

But in all this excitement of getting the Ertiga, I hope you didn't forget to cancel the booking for Jazz. I didn't find the mention anywhere, but I hope you did .
Yes, the MJD is really good. I am hoping that the mileage too will be great. I did cancel my Jazz this week, though haven't yet got the refund of the booking amount

Most Viewed