Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 5th July 2012, 22:23   #16
BHPian

Re: "Luv" Story 2012 - My Silky Silver Maruti Ertiga Zdi

Congrats on the Ertiga. I am sure Maruti has a winner here. Hope TATA learns a lesson and brings out a better "Venture"

Thanks for the good detailed review . Looking forward for the "Tankful" to "Tankful" figure

There are many people (including myself) looking for a car that will take the occasional 6th and 7th passenger and this fits the scheme correctly.

All the best and enjoy the drive.
Old 5th July 2012, 22:26   #17
Senior - BHPian

Very detailed review, or should I say ...... "classy" review (I counted 10 "classies". Sorry, not a very busy day at work).

About the OEM ICE, how does it compare against (new) Swift's?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurni76 View Post
I will look to add seat covers later once the seats become a little soiled.
What, my dear, do you intend to do?
Old 6th July 2012, 06:16   #18
BHPian

Congratulations on your new purchase. Wish you many more happy miles.
Old 6th July 2012, 15:20   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugram View Post
Congrats on the Ertiga. Looking forward for the "Tankful" to "Tankful" figure

There are many people (including myself) looking for a car that will take the occasional 6th and 7th passenger and this fits the scheme correctly.

All the best and enjoy the drive.
Yes this vehicle is perfect for the Occasional extended family visitors. In normal days, you find it easy to drive in cities just like a hatch or a sedan, while its interior versatality helps long highway drives with extra passengers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban_Nomad View Post
Very detailed review, or should I say ...... "classy" review (I counted 10 "classies". Sorry, not a very busy day at work).

About the OEM ICE, how does it compare against (new) Swift's?

What, my dear, do you intend to do?
Thanks for a classy eye for detail. The OEM ICE is good and is the same unit as in the new Swift.
I was Kidding, I will get seat covers soon, maybe after 1st service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumannandy View Post
Congratulations on your new purchase. Wish you many more happy miles.
Thanks Suman
Old 6th July 2012, 16:37   #20
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on finally getting your zdi! Awesome report! A small tip while driving in city traffic is to upshift early and use the 3rd gear like an automatic from as low as 20 km/h. As you would already know the Multijet is an amazing performer if you know to smartly harness its potential. I was amazed at how it fared against the Innova which has an engine nearly twice its size! (Check youtube). Small wonder Fiat uses this engine in all its commercial vans in Europe.
Old 7th July 2012, 10:50   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftdiesel View Post
Congrats on finally getting your zdi! Awesome report! A small tip while driving in city traffic is to upshift early and use the 3rd gear like an automatic from as low as 20 km/h. As you would already know the Multijet is an amazing performer if you know to smartly harness its potential. I was amazed at how it fared against the Innova which has an engine nearly twice its size! (Check Youtube). Small wonder Fiat uses this engine in all its commercial vans in Europe.
I am also planning to buy a big car and trying to select from the available options:
- Scorpio
- Innova
- Ertiga

-Ertiga can be considered for its fuel efficiency.
-Innova can be considered for its promising brand and its durability
-Scorpio can be considered for its rugedness and ability to counter any kind of roads.

Please advise...
Old 7th July 2012, 18:23   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by delix View Post
I am also planning to buy a big car and trying to select from the available options:
- Scorpio
- Innova
- Ertiga

-Ertiga can be considered for its fuel efficiency.
-Innova can be considered for its promising brand and its durability
-Scorpio can be considered for its rugedness and ability to counter any kind of roads.

Please advise...
@delix, the choice of vehicle depends on your needs and your budget. If you are looking for a car like MUV, with enough space for 6 avg adults for the occasional long journey, with a diesel heart and great mileage, with all features under 10L on road, Ertiga Zdi is the perfect vehicle. The engine is proven and extremely drive able especially for long drives and there is plenty of space on the inside.

If you are having a large family and mostly travel with 6 or 7 people and you need space for luggage, then Innova is a good option. However, you need to shell out nearly Rs 5L more for an equally speced Innova as an Ertiga Zdi. Yes there is no doubt that Innova is a proven vehicle in terms of durability, but Ertiga too will match the Toyota in this regard.

Scorpio is slightly different as it is an SUV. The off roading capability is better than both Ertiga and Innova. So this fits in perfectly for your offroad needs. In fact you can even look at the newly launched Duster if you are looking at an SUV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftdiesel View Post
Congrats on finally getting your zdi! Awesome report! A small tip while driving in city traffic is to upshift early and use the 3rd gear like an automatic from as low as 20 km/h. As you would already know the Multijet is an amazing performer if you know to smartly harness its potential. I was amazed at how it fared against the Innova which has an engine nearly twice its size! (Check Youtube). Small wonder Fiat uses this engine in all its commercial vans in Europe.
Thanks @swiftdiesel for the tips. Yes I am really enjoying the MJD. The refinement is amazing for a diesel.
nurni76 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2012, 19:19   #23
BHPian

Got a Reverse Parking Sensor fitted today @ Reliance AutoZone Ambience Mall. This cost me Rs 3K. The one has a display unit fit on the dashboard that indicates the distance in meter while reversing with a Voice over as well that sounds good. The volume of the voice over can be adjusted. This has a 1 yr warranty.

The thing works well with indications to show which side of the bumper is closer to the obstacle. The fitment of this caused a little heart break to me. As I returned to take the vehicle, I found the fuel lid opener not fitting. On close inspection I found the lock missing. Raised my voice against the manager and finally got the same fit thankfully. While fixing the sensor unit, the guy accidentally pulled the fuel lid lever cable which caused the lock to get removed. So guys planning for this ensure, you are around when the work happens or better still get it done at a maruti service center.

"Luv" Story 2012 - My Silky Silver Maruti Ertiga Zdi-dsc00785.jpg
The reverse distance indicating unit. Display is nice and voice over also helps
"Luv" Story 2012 - My Silky Silver Maruti Ertiga Zdi-dsc00790.jpg
4 sensors fitted neatly on the Bumper.

Also some pictures of the floor mats, Door sill plates.
"Luv" Story 2012 - My Silky Silver Maruti Ertiga Zdi-dsc00787.jpg
Front Door Sill Plate
"Luv" Story 2012 - My Silky Silver Maruti Ertiga Zdi-dsc00789.jpg
Rear Door Plate
"Luv" Story 2012 - My Silky Silver Maruti Ertiga Zdi-dsc00800.jpg
Front Floor Mat. An MGA accessory. Doesn't cover the entire floor area. Will look to upgrade to 3D Kagu mats later
Old 7th July 2012, 23:17   #24
Senior - BHPian

Congrats! Very well written detailed review.

I am impressed with the space and practicality of the vehicle. The performance seems to be good based on the vehicles I see running on the road.
Old 8th July 2012, 11:21   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurni76 View Post
@delix, the choice of vehicle depends on your needs and your budget. If you are looking for a car like MUV, with enough space for 6 avg adults for the occasional long journey, with a diesel heart and great mileage, with all features under 10L on road, Ertiga Zdi is the perfect vehicle. The engine is proven and extremely drive able especially for long drives and there is plenty of space on the inside.

If you are having a large family and mostly travel with 6 or 7 people and you need space for luggage, then Innova is a good option. However, you need to shell out nearly Rs 5L more for an equally speced Innova as an Ertiga Zdi. Yes there is no doubt that Innova is a proven vehicle in terms of durability, but Ertiga too will match the Toyota in this regard.

Scorpio is slightly different as it is an SUV. The off roading capability is better than both Ertiga and Innova. So this fits in perfectly for your offroad needs. In fact you can even look at the newly launched Duster if you are looking at an SUV.

Thanks @swiftdiesel for the tips. Yes I am really enjoying the MJD. The refinement is amazing for a diesel.

Thanks for that detailed insight. Now I am reconsidering my entire buying decision and trying to shift to the petrol sedan instead. The main reason for this shift is due to the kilometres run perday for being the 2nd car apart from the Ritz.
I am considering Honda City (corporate version). I will be going to Pinnacle Honda (kolkata) now for the teest drive. Hope this will be a wise decision.I will be saving around 1.5 lacs over Ertiga / 2 lacs over Scorpio / 2.5-3lacs over Innova. This will get me enough petrol for the next two years in a maintainence free Honda City.
Old 8th July 2012, 11:43   #26
Senior - BHPian

Congrats and have a blast with each kilometer. This car is a winner , great value for money and while its sales performance was in doubt a bit with the duster coming in i dont think it will be effected at all given the pricing and variant models.

have heard good stuff about the drive and the engines on this car!
Old 8th July 2012, 13:28   #27
BHPian

Congratulations, and thumbs up for great review.
On my recent trip to kashmir, spotted a Ertiga at a tourist spot in Srinagar. Indeed a people mover and perfect as a family car.

Just curious, did you buy it in Gurgaon? which dealer?
Old 9th July 2012, 11:03   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by born_free View Post
Congratulations, and thumbs up for great review.
On my recent trip to kashmir, spotted a Ertiga at a tourist spot in Srinagar. Indeed a people mover and perfect as a family car.

Just curious, did you buy it in Gurgaon? which dealer?
Thanks born_free. Yes I bought it in ggn from Rohan Motors

Quote:
Originally Posted by puchoo View Post
Congrats and have a blast with each kilometer. This car is a winner , great value for money and while its sales performance was in doubt a bit with the duster coming in i dont think it will be effected at all given the pricing and variant models.

have heard good stuff about the drive and the engines on this car!
Thanks. I think the Duster and Ertiga are clearly 2 different segments. Also Ertiga offers more practicality of space for 7 passengers which the Duster doesn't

Quote:
Originally Posted by delix View Post
I will be saving around 1.5 lacs over Ertiga / 2 lacs over Scorpio / 2.5-3lacs over Innova. This will get me enough petrol for the next two years in a maintainence free Honda City.
Are you comparing the Petrol city with Diesel Ertiga since the top end Petrol of Ertiga is close to the City price?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
Congrats! Very well written detailed review.

I am impressed with the space and practicality of the vehicle. The performance seems to be good based on the vehicles I see running on the road.
Thanks @ Patience. Yes the space and practicality are the USPs of this car.
Old 9th July 2012, 14:42   #29
BHPian

@nurni76... I totally agree with you, but can we compare the petrol mileage of Ertiga with that of Honda City? I think Honda will be more fuel efficient than Ertiga?
Old 9th July 2012, 20:58   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurni76
Front Floor Mat. An MGA accessory. Doesn't cover the entire floor area. Will look to upgrade to 3D Kagu mats later
Hi... Please can you share if 3D mats (Kagu or any other brand) is available for ertiga?

If your are aware, pls pm me the dealer details. Also, did you go in for seat covers? What is your experience on that?

Most Viewed