Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th July 2012, 11:41   #31
BHPian

Re: "Luv" Story 2012 - My Silky Silver Maruti Ertiga Zdi

Mileage update: I did a tankful method check on my mileage and the average I got was 15.1 KMPL. Pretty good for city driving with AC on 100%. I guess this should improve with the first service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nayaksudhir View Post
Hi... Please can you share if 3D mats (Kagu or any other brand) is available for ertiga?

If your are aware, pls pm me the dealer details. Also, did you go in for seat covers? What is your experience on that?
@nayak, 3D Kagu mats yet to hit the market for Ertiga. I checked with the Rel Autzone last week. I guess they should be in the market in a couple of months. I am planning seat covers soon. I will update once I get the same done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by delix View Post
@nurni76... I totally agree with you, but can we compare the petrol mileage of Ertiga with that of Honda City? I think Honda will be more fuel efficient than Ertiga?
I have heard good reviews of the Petrol Ertiga in terms of mileage. A couple of my friends say they are getting around 14kmpl in city. Pretty impressive for a 7 seater. However, when fully loaded the figures would come down. Anyways if you are looking at a Sedan, I guess vtec engine is the best in Petrol. You have more BHP than Ertiga and the city is fun to drive as well.
nurni76 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2012, 22:38   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurni76 View Post
Accessories Added:
Tyre upgraded to Michelin Primacy 195/60/15
Why did you change the tyres? What was the cost of upgrade?
Old 11th July 2012, 00:38   #33
BHPian

Oh my! Out for a week and I see the thread raining Ertigas!

Congratulations nurni! I can see that you are starting to enjoy the new car experience already! Ertiga sure is a great VFM package for today's nuclear family and is bound to see success for many more years to come IMHO.

Happy Motoring and do keep us enthralled with your upgrades and accessories!
Old 11th July 2012, 10:50   #34
BHPian

Hello nurni76

I thoroughly enjoyed reading your detailed review which includes the comparison with your other vehicle : SX4

Apart from the natural strengths of the vehicle , its heartening to see how Maruti has improved in terms of quality,finish and NVH. Even the ride and handling of newer cars are top notch

I would like to ask about how does it feel to shift from 1.6 litre petrol to a 1.3 litre diesel?
Drop in terms of acceleration or jump in terms of torque
Nature of both engines being so different
Old 11th July 2012, 17:50   #35
BHPian

Congrats nurni76. this is perfect family car at around 10lkh. suddenly the sedan class didn't make any sense to me. for me, who was looking at linea/rapid type of cars, just vanished from radar, once i saw the ertiga in flesh.

The only downer to me, was not being able to get ZDi. but that also I don't miss too much. may be that rear defogger/wiper is what I will miss the most.

In that sense, your buy is a perfect choice. Keep updating this thread, regularly. already subscribed this thread.

Going on a weekend outing, next week. Let me see if I can drag my lazy bum and post a ownership thread after the first service.
Old 12th July 2012, 10:09   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkrishn View Post
Congrats nurni76. this is perfect family car at around 10lkh. suddenly the sedan class didn't make any sense to me. for me, who was looking at linea/rapid type of cars, just vanished from radar, once i saw the ertiga in flesh.

The only downer to me, was not being able to get ZDi. but that also I don't miss too much. may be that rear defogger/wiper is what I will miss the most.
Thanks gkrishn. I agree this a perfect family vehicle. I was very clear that I would not skip on the saftey features and hence went only for Zdi. In addtition it also has height adjustable seats which was necessary as me and my wife would be driving this and the position and height need to be adjusted frequently for our individual comfort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbokick View Post
Hello nurni76

I thoroughly enjoyed reading your detailed review which includes the comparison with your other vehicle : SX4

Apart from the natural strengths of the vehicle , its heartening to see how Maruti has improved in terms of quality,finish and NVH. Even the ride and handling of newer cars are top notch

I would like to ask about how does it feel to shift from 1.6 litre petrol to a 1.3 litre diesel?
Drop in terms of acceleration or jump in terms of torque
Nature of both engines being so different
Thanks Turbokick. The quality of Maruti has improved significantly from the good old Wagon R days to the Present Swift and Ertiga. In fact I can see a lot of improvement over a not so old SX4 as well. Surely Maruti engineers are keeping their ears to the ground for areas of improvement.

The shift is like chalk and cheese. I love to rev the engine to its redline which I can do in my SX4. The Ertiga doesn't give me that pleasure. But definitely the Turbokick is very enjoyable in the Ertiga.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvurride View Post
Oh my! Out for a week and I see the thread raining Ertigas!

Congratulations nurni! I can see that you are starting to enjoy the new car experience already! Ertiga sure is a great VFM package for today's nuclear family and is bound to see success for many more years to come IMHO.

Happy Motoring and do keep us enthralled with your upgrades and accessories!
Thanks luvuride. I will try and keep this thread as live as possible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay0612 View Post
Why did you change the tyres? What was the cost of upgrade?
Wanted more grip and better comfort. Hence upgraded. The new tyres have improved the ride comfort and reduced the road noise. Handling also has improved a wee bit. I am hoping these tyres will serve me longer than Stock. The overall incremental cost was Rs 13k for 5 tyres. My stock tyres were taken back for around Rs 3200 each, while the new one cost me Rs 5800 per tyre (Michelin Primacy LC 195/60/R15)
nurni76 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th July 2012, 12:40   #37
BHPian

Some observations on my Ertiga which now seem to be minor irritants for me:
  • Lack of roof light for the middle row: This seems to be a design error from Maruti. With a large cabin of Ertiga middle row required lights. The rear one is mainly for the Boot area. However, the front lights are very bright, still this I feel is a glaring mistake.
  • The driver seat has started squeaking and making springy noise. Has anyone else faced this?
  • The middle row arm rests on the door are not very comfortable when the 3rd row passengers are in place; since the middle row needs to be moved ahead for rear seat comfort. What happens as a result is that a portion of the middle row door arm rest gets behind the middle seat making the hand resting a little uncomfortable
  • Headlights not very powerful: yesterday as I was driving in the night, there was a heavy downpour and I could hardly see the road. Has anyone upgraded the head lamps? If so let me know what upgrade?
Old 16th July 2012, 02:09   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Headlights not very powerful: yesterday as I was driving in the night, there was a heavy downpour and I could hardly see the road. Has anyone upgraded the head lamps? If so let me know what upgrade?
I thought the headlamp design of the Ertiga was good with a large reflector ; that should work well with stock 55/60W halogens.

Visibility will always be poor in a downpour situation.

However,if you still need an upgrade I'd suggest a PMP wiring kit and 90/100W halogens(OSRAM/PHILIPS/KOITO)

I believe the halogens in Ertiga are H4 - please check the spare bulbs in your glove box to be sure.
Old 16th July 2012, 09:15   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurni76

[*]Headlights not very powerful: yesterday as I was driving in the night, there was a heavy downpour and I could hardly see the road. Has anyone upgraded the head lamps? If so let me know what upgrade?
With a heavy downpour any headlamp will be insufficient. I've upgraded mine to 100/90w with relay and the throw is excellent. Bulbs are Philips Rally.
Old 16th July 2012, 10:17   #40
BHPian

Thanks for the review, I myself was torn between Ertiga and SX4 in terms of pricing and VFM in terms of features.

Quote:
Tyre upgraded to Michelin Primacy 195/60/15
If you don't mind, can you share the price you paid per Michelin tyre ?

Brgds,
Vishal
Old 16th July 2012, 14:40   #41
BHPian

Quote:
[*]The driver seat has started squeaking and making springy noise. Has anyone else faced this?
I have not faced this so far in my VDi where I cannot adjust the seat height. May be the seat height adjustment is causing this?
Old 17th July 2012, 06:14   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohan41 View Post
I have not faced this so far in my VDi where I cannot adjust the seat height. May be the seat height adjustment is causing this?
Thanks Mohan. I will adjust the seat height and check. I always keep the seat at the lowest position while driving.
Quote:
Originally Posted by salunkhe.vizz View Post
Thanks for the review, I myself was torn between Ertiga and SX4 in terms of pricing and VFM in terms of features.
If you don't mind, can you share the price you paid per Michelin tyre ?
Brgds,
Vishal
Additional Rs 2600 per tyre. New tyre cost me Rs 5800 while I got Rs 3200 per tyre for my stock MRF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftdiesel View Post
With a heavy downpour any headlamp will be insufficient. I've upgraded mine to 100/90w with relay and the throw is excellent. Bulbs are Philips Rally.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vigsom View Post
I thought the headlamp design of the Ertiga was good with a large reflector ; that should work well with stock 55/60W halogens.

Visibility will always be poor in a downpour situation.

However,if you still need an upgrade I'd suggest a PMP wiring kit and 90/100W halogens(OSRAM/PHILIPS/KOITO)

I believe the halogens in Ertiga are H4 - please check the spare bulbs in your glove box to be sure.
Thanks. Will check the 100/90w.
Old 19th July 2012, 21:57   #43
BHPian

My Luv Story continues. I got my "Luv" new seat covers.

Brand: AutoForm
Variant Name: U Cheer
Color combination: Nut Meg and Cocoa.
Price: Rs 10.5K (I have also been promised a Steering wheel cover along with this. Did not get it today since I did not want the tying type and will be getting the stitched one soon)
Place: Reliance AutoZone GGn

I think they have done a good job of the fitment. In fact the fit looks so perfect, one would mistake it to be leather seat covers. The whole process took 3.5 hrs.
I am attaching a lot of pictures. Would appreciate your comments/queries.

"Luv" Story 2012 - My Silky Silver Maruti Ertiga Zdi-dsc00806.jpg

Middle Row Seat

"Luv" Story 2012 - My Silky Silver Maruti Ertiga Zdi-dsc00807.jpg

"Luv" Story 2012 - My Silky Silver Maruti Ertiga Zdi-dsc00808.jpg

Last Row
"Luv" Story 2012 - My Silky Silver Maruti Ertiga Zdi-dsc00811.jpg

Middle row
"Luv" Story 2012 - My Silky Silver Maruti Ertiga Zdi-dsc00813.jpg
Front Seats

"Luv" Story 2012 - My Silky Silver Maruti Ertiga Zdi-dsc00814.jpg

Close look at the Brand Name
"Luv" Story 2012 - My Silky Silver Maruti Ertiga Zdi-dsc00816.jpg

"Luv" Story 2012 - My Silky Silver Maruti Ertiga Zdi-dsc00817.jpg

Also got the TBHP Stickers

I am continuing to enjoy the new ride and have clocked close to 800Kms now. Planning a long drive over the weekend. Will be going in for the 1st Service thereafter.
nurni76 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st July 2012, 06:28   #44
BHPian

Quote:
My Luv Story continues. I got my "Luv" new seat covers.
Wow looks neat! But why beige? I thought maybe grey will look contrasting in a silver vehicle. Also, is it possible to change/replace the dash from its beige?

Quote:

Attachment 959212

Also got the TBHP Stickers
Nice! But the number plate letters seem to be misaligned. Please fix it as it would really make a good view.
Old 23rd July 2012, 14:47   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurni76
Brand: AutoForm
Variant Name: U Cheer
Color combination: Nut Meg and Cocoa.
Thanks for the upload. They really look nice and snug. I think beige is a good choice because it maintains the airy and 'big' feel of the car.

How did you zero in on the brand and variant? What's the autoform range of price and variants? Was there research involved with other brands?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks