Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th July 2012, 11:08   #16
BHPian

Re: BMW 320D Exclusive with GPS & Navigation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by abishek2222 View Post
Congrats on the car.Wishing you many more happy motoring miles. Do check up on how much the Secure will increase to next year when you renew it.My first service bill was 45,000 so think about the BSI soon. Most of the sales people tend to push you to after the car has been sold to sell you on that.Considering we share the same engine its highly unlikely the car is going to top out at 240!. an accessory you may want to get is the replacement of the interior yellow bulbs to LED which i have got done using the original bmw replacement kit itself.
Since you have the service bill Abishek can you throw more light what parts of expenditure one would save in the bill after buying the BSI plan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishi_kapoor View Post
Congratulations on your new Bimmer. Drive Safe and Stay Safe.

By the way your manual recommends that you should not cross 2000 rpm and 150kmph for first 1500 Kms

BSI is must, choose 3year 60000 if you are tight on funds, you can always add another 2 year 40000 (at price of 3yr and 60000) later at a little extra price.
It sounds reasonable price when one considers the service bill, but then need to closely see what are the stuff exempted from this.
Old 10th July 2012, 12:56   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by swopsk293 View Post
Thanks Akshay! I had seen your thread and I wasn't expecting Sat Nav at all. I was surprised and happy on seeing it.
And yes the car is very nice to drive, there is no learning curve of any sorts.
Also please tell me how to activate the TV function, 'cause I did not find it anywhere in the i-Drive!
I think the TV function has been removed in lieu of Nav. The TV tuner is quite useless anyway, unless India is playing an international match which can be watched on DD national
Old 10th July 2012, 16:29   #18
BHPian

Many congratulations on the car! Wishing you great miles of safety. Thanks for the reference on the vermillion red - it only vindicates my decision, though your color is beautiful.

Damn - I wish I had the satnav too! Will check with these guys in Gurgaon and see if I can now armtwist them
Old 10th July 2012, 23:48   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
I think the TV function has been removed in lieu of Nav. The TV tuner is quite useless anyway, unless India is playing an international match which can be watched on DD national
Hehe, the SatNav is very useful though! When it says things like "Prepare to take a left in 100 metres", people in the car go 'Whoa! That's awesome!'
Having a TV would also have been a good novelty factor though!

By the way what is the pressure you keep in the tyres?
And apart from BMW Secure and BSI, have you taken any other plan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by elantracrdi05 View Post
Many congratulations on the car! Wishing you great miles of safety. Thanks for the reference on the vermillion red - it only vindicates my decision, though your color is beautiful.

Damn - I wish I had the satnav too! Will check with these guys in Gurgaon and see if I can now armtwist them
Thanks! Yeah I do hope the guys give you SatNav for free. Its very awesome!
Old 11th July 2012, 10:45   #20
Senior - BHPian

Congrats ! Beautiful colour you got there. The GPS is a good added feature to boast of
Hope to see you on the next drive
Old 12th July 2012, 11:40   #21
BHPian

Hi...congrats on buying one of the most exclusive cars in the world...!!!

You said about the lack of space in the boot to hold a spare Tyre. Can you provide the pictures of the boot of the car ? and does BMW warranty cease if the buyer opts for tubeless tyres instead of run flats ?
Old 13th July 2012, 02:29   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatzdaTurbo View Post
Congrats ! Beautiful colour you got there. The GPS is a good added feature to boast of
Hope to see you on the next drive
Thanks! Yeah I'll be there. PM me if you guys decide anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo car View Post
Hi...congrats on buying one of the most exclusive cars in the world...!!!

You said about the lack of space in the boot to hold a spare Tyre. Can you provide the pictures of the boot of the car ? and does BMW warranty cease if the buyer opts for tubeless tires instead of run flats ?
Sure I can post the pictures! I'll post them in a day or two when I get time.
And yes, opting for tubeless tires does void the warranty. But it is not that much of an issue with run flats, since even if your tire gets punctured, you can drive on it for another 200 kms. maximum (Even more if you have the BMW Mobility Kit, which I have). And once you get it to the service centre, you get a new tire for free under insurance!
Old 13th July 2012, 09:07   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Just keep visiting the FB page once in a while.
All drives are planned there
Old 13th July 2012, 11:26   #24
BHPian

Quote:

Sure I can post the pictures! I'll post them in a day or two when I get time.
And yes, opting for tubeless tires does void the warranty. But it is not that much of an issue with run flats, since even if your tire gets punctured, you can drive on it for another 200 kms. maximum (Even more if you have the BMW Mobility Kit, which I have). And once you get it to the service centre, you get a new tire for free under insurance!
Thanks.

See if a person is driving at night long distance, surely BMW cannot expect them to get stranded after 200kms from the point where the puncture happens. And would they provide a spare wheel with run flat tyres if the customer seeks it ?

And would the warranty of the entire car be lost if you replace the run-flats with tubeless radials ? or would we be just losing the warranty of the alloy wheels of the car in case if the same breaks ?
Old 13th July 2012, 11:58   #25
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
And yes, opting for tubeless tires does void the warranty.
No it doesn't. All it does is cancel the tyre replacements you get through BMW secure.
Old 13th July 2012, 12:14   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatzdaTurbo View Post
Just keep visiting the FB page once in a while.
All drives are planned there
Yeah sure man!

Quote:
Thanks.

See if a person is driving at night long distance, surely BMW cannot expect them to get stranded after 200kms from the point where the puncture happens. And would they provide a spare wheel with run flat tyres if the customer seeks it ?

And would the warranty of the entire car be lost if you replace the run-flats with tubeless radials ? or would we be just losing the warranty of the alloy wheels of the car in case if the same breaks ?
Haha, hopefully it won't come to that! You could probably stop at some petrol pump and use the BMW Mobility Kit. It consists of a small compressor to fill air in the tires and a sealant fluid. So one could probably increase the range from 200 kms. to much more I guess.
And no, they can't provide the spare wheel since there is no space in the trunk for the spare wheel. You will see that when I post the pictures of the trunk.

And as Akshay has corrected me, the warranty of the entire car is not lost. Only the warranty for the tires is lost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
No it doesn't. All it does is cancel the tyre replacements you get through BMW secure.
Oh sorry, my bad!
Old 13th July 2012, 13:44   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Yeah sure man!

And no, they can't provide the spare wheel since there is no space in the trunk for the spare wheel. You will see that when I post the pictures of the trunk.

And as Akshay has corrected me, the warranty of the entire car is not lost. Only the warranty for the tires is lost.

Oh sorry, my bad!
It really beats me.

Are you telling me that we can even place a spare tyre on the floor of the boot ? And run flats do develop problems on bad Indian roads na..including side wall cracks etc.

And Akshay, if you replace the run flats with tubeless radials , you wont be needing BMW tyre replacement through secure na ?
Old 14th July 2012, 00:04   #28
BHPian

Wow! Fantastic colour, Fantastic car and of course, Fantastic writeup Have seen quite a few different shades of what they call the 'Deep Sea Blue' and I must say this is the best one I've ever seen! Damn, I wish I could get my CE in this very same shade. Haha. Too bad the Mumbai dealers only have the Black Sapphire and Alpine white left in stock (Will check with the Delhi dealers once as I'm totally in love with this colour)

Big congrats bro! Have fun with the monster! Rev her Hard and drive safe! Cheers!
Old 14th July 2012, 00:51   #29
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

And Akshay, if you replace the run flats with tubeless radials , you wont be needing BMW tyre replacement through secure na ?
Nope. But even with runflats, its not as bad as everyone says because they are just like normal tubeless. If the pressure is low, it pops up on idrive, and you can instantly top up air and get the puncture fixed whenever like a normal tubeless. So actually having zero pressure will only be when the tyre gets a huge gash or bursts, but then even a normal tubeless would have zero pressure.

If you take BMW secure you get 4 free tyre replacements a year if anything happens. Now even if you have a small puncture BMW will replace the tyre, so its better to get the puncture fixed normally and drive around and keep your free tyre changes for something more serious.
Old 14th July 2012, 07:20   #30
BHPian

Quote:
you get a new tire for free under insurance!

The tires isn't free, you must have realized by now that the reimbursement cost is based on the tire tread depth. i had a tire replaced after 2,000 km and ended up paying 3,000 since the tread depth was seventy five percent so i had to pay 25 percent of the value of the tire plus fixing charges alignment and what not.the more the tread wears out and you have a puncture the more you are going to have to pay from your hands.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks