Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2012, 18:43   #31
BHPian

Re: My 2012 Skoda Yeti 4x4 Elegance

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat View Post
Any hook inside the passenger compartment or the boot means it is a grocery/shopping bag hook - to hold the bags in place.

Odd placement though! I wonder if this one is to hold the floor mats. Is it on the other side too?
It IS a fish eye to tie down stuff. Remember, the rear seats in the Yeti can be completely removed! Will be handy while kidnapping!
2cents is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2012, 11:58   #32
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

There is a good thing on that MID. One can set a speed limit warning. I have set mine at 65kmph as the general speed limit here in Bangalore is 60kmph. When we go out of town I set it to 110kmph.
It makes a loud 'Ding' sound when you cross the limit set.
Useful, since there is no cruise control.
Old 30th July 2012, 15:16   #33
Senior - BHPian

2000 kms in one month. Except for a random rattle from the odo console, the car is problem free. Drove it to its natural habitat - the Himalayas (Himachal) for the weekend - awesome drive. 3 of us, with luggages, went to Shimla, Mashorbra and Naldehra - a round trip of 950 kms. On the highways, its a road runner - can easily out run most cars without feeling any nervousness in handling. It was so much fun to drive on the hills too, twist and turn and the frugal TDI engine delivers more than adequate power whenever asked for. And the Geolanders were the perfect companion for the Yeti for such terrains and journey. On the hills, the temperature was around 18 to 21 degree, and most of the time, AC was off with glasses down. And very negligible road noise. Because of the compact size, over-taking on the narrow lanes on the hills is so easy. Got an overall FE of 18 kmpl (60% valley highways and 40% hills).

At the end leg of the journey, we had been driving non-stop for 4-5 hrs, and I found a strange issue - the AC was not cooling as much, as if it has gone on hibernation. After 20-25 mins or so, it started to work normally again. No idea if it is a failed safe mechanism or it just being silly

My 2012 Skoda Yeti 4x4 Elegance-_dsc0013.jpg

My 2012 Skoda Yeti 4x4 Elegance-_dsc0730.jpg

My 2012 Skoda Yeti 4x4 Elegance-_dsc0276.jpg

My 2012 Skoda Yeti 4x4 Elegance-_dsc0496.jpg

My 2012 Skoda Yeti 4x4 Elegance-_dsc0661.jpg

My 2012 Skoda Yeti 4x4 Elegance-_dsc0145.jpg

My 2012 Skoda Yeti 4x4 Elegance-_dsc0184.jpg

My 2012 Skoda Yeti 4x4 Elegance-_dsc0244.jpg

My 2012 Skoda Yeti 4x4 Elegance-_dsc0758.jpg

My 2012 Skoda Yeti 4x4 Elegance-_dsc0761.jpg

Last edited by iTNerd : 30th July 2012 at 15:19.
iTNerd is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th July 2012, 15:24   #34
Senior - BHPian

^
The colour of your Yeti is just 'Superb'. Does the Yeti have 2 Auto AC modes? High and low? If yes, kindly check whether it was running on low mode when you felt that the AC was not working sufficiently. The rattle from the console seems strange for a well built Skoda. Kindly get it checked/tightened at a proper dealership.
Old 31st July 2012, 22:49   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
^
The colour of your Yeti is just 'Superb'. Does the Yeti have 2 Auto AC modes? High and low? If yes, kindly check whether it was running on low mode when you felt that the AC was not working sufficiently. The rattle from the console seems strange for a well built Skoda. Kindly get it checked/tightened at a proper dealership.
Yes, it comes with dual climate controls. It seems, it was running on low mode (somehow, my hand must have incidentally slipped on the knob). About the rattle, it is not actually rattling, rather some squeak from the odo console.
Old 12th August 2012, 08:21   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
Yes, it comes with dual climate controls. It seems, it was running on low mode (somehow, my hand must have incidentally slipped on the knob). About the rattle, it is not actually rattling, rather some squeak from the odo console.
The squeak from the ODO Console could be from the steering wheel, which is adjustable for Height and Length. there was a rubber flap in the Vento which covers the hole when the steering is pulled out or lowered. This used to cause the squeak. Yeti too Must be having a similar setup. need to check it though since i've not wanted to make any adjustments to the driving posture till date
Sunilrj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2012, 14:49   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunilrj View Post
The squeak from the ODO Console could be from the steering wheel, which is adjustable for Height and Length. there was a rubber flap in the Vento which covers the hole when the steering is pulled out or lowered. This used to cause the squeak. Yeti too Must be having a similar setup. need to check it though since i've not wanted to make any adjustments to the driving posture till date
My guess is that it is from the transparent plastic on the odo. Try to push it a little while driving and see if it still squeaks. I had this problem in my Fabia. I stuck a paper in it and it stopped. Later in one of the service someone glued it properly. It hasn't bothered me since then.
Old 13th August 2012, 09:08   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
At the end leg of the journey, we had been driving non-stop for 4-5 hrs, and I found a strange issue - the AC was not cooling as much, as if it has gone on hibernation. After 20-25 mins or so, it started to work normally again. No idea if it is a failed safe mechanism or it just being silly
Just and observation :: Some times during high humidity season setting the cabin temp too low and / or using refresh airflow can result in ice formation on evaporation coils and this leads to air con appearing non functional till ice melts and contact is restored between air flow and evaporator fins. Best way in such a situation turning off the compressor or turning up the temp settings helps unfreeze the icy.
sudev is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th August 2012, 21:45   #39
VSD
BHPian

Brilliant write up!!
I am looking to buy a 4x4 and the yeti looks the best value compared to others. Going by your description i am also leaning towards this car. my other choice is the pajero sport, but that car is just too big for city use.

You mentioned getting a discount upwards of 2 lacs but i contacted the dealer in Delhi and he's offering me a discount of 1.2 lacs on the elegance model. They are still trying to hand me a 2011 model with 1.75 discount. Can you give me the details of the person you dealt with for your purchase.
VSD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2012, 22:28   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VSD View Post
Brilliant write up!!
I am looking to buy a 4x4 and the yeti looks the best value compared to others. Going by your description i am also leaning towards this car. my other choice is the pajero sport, but that car is just too big for city use.

You mentioned getting a discount upwards of 2 lacs but i contacted the dealer in Delhi and he's offering me a discount of 1.2 lacs on the elegance model. They are still trying to hand me a 2011 model with 1.75 discount. Can you give me the details of the person you dealt with for your purchase.
Thanks VSD! I have sent you a PM with the details on the dealer/discount I got. Go for it, you won't regret it and the discount is mouth watering (odd 17 lacs OTR for the top elegance 4x4 Yeti, Haryana. People down south are paying 20+ lacs OTR even after discount)

Quote:
Just and observation :: Some times during high humidity season setting the cabin temp too low and / or using refresh airflow can result in ice formation on evaporation coils and this leads to air con appearing non functional till ice melts and contact is restored between air flow and evaporator fins. Best way in such a situation turning off the compressor or turning up the temp settings helps unfreeze the icy.
That explains the short hibernating moment of the air conditioning. I never had this experience on my Civic even in long drives (1000+ kms in a day when doing Delhi to Bangalore and back)

Last edited by iTNerd : 13th August 2012 at 22:39.
Old 13th August 2012, 22:40   #41
VSD
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks VSD! I have sent you a PM with the details on the dealer/discount I got. Go for it, you won't regret it and the discount is mouth watering (odd 17 lacs OTR for the top elegance 4x4 Yeti, Haryana. People down south are paying 20+ lacs OTR even after discount)
Thanks for the details ITNerd, I will push for some more discount and get the car by this week. Hopefully in black.
Old 14th August 2012, 05:30   #42
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudev

Very good insight. I simply did not now this. Thank you.
Old 14th August 2012, 06:31   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VSD View Post
Thanks for the details ITNerd, I will push for some more discount and get the car by this week. Hopefully in black.
Black! do not mean to question your wisdon on the choice of colour, but black becomes hard to maintain in a few months, and lots of swirl marks and scratches become visible. when you plonk 20+ lakhs on a car, you wouldnt want to see swirl marks within the first 1 -2 months.
Old 14th August 2012, 08:59   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunilrj

Black! do not mean to question your wisdon on the choice of colour, but black becomes hard to maintain in a few months, and lots of swirl marks and scratches become visible. when you plonk 20+ lakhs on a car, you wouldnt want to see swirl marks within the first 1 -2 months.
Black isn't all that bad! Actually the Yeti looks best in black as the bumpers and B-pillar blend in. I do get it polished once in 6 months to keep it shiny. The only drawback is that it heats more in the summer..
Old 14th August 2012, 19:07   #45
VSD
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunilrj View Post
As behemoth pointed out, it goes perfectly with the black bumpers, the pillars sync in well with black exterior too. I usually buy grey cars, and Skoda doesn't offer grey shade in for yeti, so i am planning to go with the black.

Not many options available in stock, so in the end will have to go with silver or beige color.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks