Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2013, 14:58   #61
BHPian

Re: My 2012 Skoda Yeti 4x4 Elegance

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
Many thanks! Yup, I had to sit and examine the

Thanks! Here are some pictures of the bluetooth/iPod/USB features added (aftermarket) to the inbuilt bolero system.

Hello, can you please let me know more details about this setup? I have a RCD 510 similar to Bolero, and need blue tooth capability
Old 5th August 2013, 14:04   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtonMeter View Post
Hello, can you please let me know more details about this setup? I have a RCD 510 similar to Bolero, and need blue tooth capability
Mine is the Dension gateway 5. It is compatible with all VW setups if I recollect. It is just a module that needs to be installed and connected to your VW head unit.
Old 5th August 2013, 20:10   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Mine is the Dension gateway 5. It is compatible with all VW setups if I recollect. It is just a module that needs to be installed and connected to your VW head unit.

where did you source it from? mind if i ask you the price?
Old 15th August 2013, 16:40   #64
BHPian

Time for renewal of Insurance for my Yeti and while I am with Bajaj Allianz, am considering migrating to ICICI Lombard.I have a Drive Assure Economy package with Bajaj and it costs about 8000 Rs more to renew the same (comprehensive insurance on both schemes as well as bumper to bumper warranty).
The Bajaj people tell me that Engine warranty is not provided in any other scheme and that they are the only ones with a tie up with Skoda. The other company also claims a similar cashless tie up. The long and the short of it is that I am confused.While I would not mind spending a little extra to save myself headaches later, I would not like to waste my money either. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Old 16th August 2013, 05:58   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramases6 View Post
Time for renewal of Insurance for my Yeti and while I am with Bajaj Allianz, am considering migrating to ICICI Lombard.I have a Drive Assure Economy package with Bajaj and it costs about 8000 Rs more to renew the same (comprehensive insurance on both schemes as well as bumper to bumper warranty).
The Bajaj people tell me that Engine warranty is not provided in any other scheme and that they are the only ones with a tie up with Skoda. The other company also claims a similar cashless tie up. The long and the short of it is that I am confused.While I would not mind spending a little extra to save myself headaches later, I would not like to waste my money either. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Bajaj Allianz is headed by a Bunch of Idiots, im sorry to say that! in the case of Soham Bhaumik (handle Xploreauto) The A.S.S. Millenium Motors at Coimbatore refused cashless insurance from Bajaj, saying that they do not settle claims on time. we had to send mails to Skoda, Bajaj etc and finally the A.S.S. Agreed.

in my case, for my fathers Fabia, the NCB transfer of 65% was done with a lot of Mails and Threats being exchanged and the Insurance ombudsman being roped in. this was in December 2012. The insurance papers with the NCB endorsement were not issued, and once again when i told them strictly that i will not be renewing my policy with them, the Soft copy has been issued last week! the Hard copy is yet to come.

in my Yeti's case, i asked them for a quote for an IDV of 15,76,000 + Drive Assure Economy which includes ZD and Engine Protector and the Premium quoted was a whopping 51,000/- after 45% NCB. i renewed the same with ICICI lombard through their No 2 agent in Karnataka from whom i can expect a very good service as i have dealt with him before. ICICI Lombard gave me a ZD+ cost of Consumables+ Return to Invoice Policy for 38,325/- after factoring in 45% NCB. Soham has already spoken to this guy for a quote.

The engine protector is only a gimmick. under ZD of ICICI Lombard and cost of consumables, even this gets covered.

Last edited by Sunilrj : 16th August 2013 at 06:00.
Sunilrj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2013, 19:19   #66
BHPian

Thanks. ICICI Lombard gave me a good deal too. The proof of the pudding is in the eating and while I hope never to taste it, it would be nice if the move proved less painful when needed. They sold me a passenger coverage for two lakhs per person for an IDV of 16 lakh at Rs 39 thousand, comprehensive and bumper to bumper included.And there is a cashless garage feature in the package as well. This was from the website but there's always a person to assist you .

Forgot to add that the price included a cashless garage option as well.

Last edited by bblost : 16th August 2013 at 20:15.
Old 3rd December 2013, 11:01   #67
Senior - BHPian

Its been around 1.5 years with the yeti with lot of smiles and fun driving with it. So far the only service done is the 1 yr or 15K kms and plan for 2nd service in mid 2014.

* One of my alloy has a bad scratch from a recent side ending by a swift. I was planning to repaint the alloy, when the idea hit me whether it is better to take a new alloy instead and use the existing one as a stepny. I have the full size tyre on my steel stepny. and it is a tight fit, but does the job. I was wondering if the alloy + full size tyre would fit it too

* From a recent trip to the himalayas, my yeti was on the receiving end of a beer bottle being hurled off from a passenger bus coming from the opposite direction. The left side of the windshield bore the full brunt of the bottle. Surprisingly, it suffered only a mild scratch of 2-3 cms and another 1 cm scratch around it. Though there are no cracks, the scratches are clearly visible. I am in two minds if I should go for a replacement. If so, would my insurance cover it? I have a zero depreciation policy with ICICI Lombard.

* Often when driving night at hills and around especially in winters, I find the fog/headlights not providing the kind of illumination I want. May be I am spoilt with the all HID on my Civic. I know some of you have upgraded to high intensity xenon/bulbs, but I don't want to tamper with any of the stock settings. I was thinking of fitting two additional hellas on the front. What do you guys think?

Just a few shots of my yeti in its natural surrounding:

My 2012 Skoda Yeti 4x4 Elegance-yet1.jpg

My 2012 Skoda Yeti 4x4 Elegance-yet2.jpg
iTNerd is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 28th June 2014, 20:54   #68
Senior - BHPian

Just a quick update:
1) Completed 2 years. 23,000 kms done. 2nd service done today - costed Rs. 12K.

2) Also renewed insurance (zero depreciation) from ICICI Lombard with 25% NCB - Rs. 27K

3) There is a Skoda notice on my Yeti to change the AC compressor and valves under warranty. I would probably do it next week.

4) Painted the alloys wheels to dark grey metallic. The black wheel arcs goes well with the dark alloys. loving the new looks and should be easy to maintain (with the frequent soots pumping out from the brakes)

My 2012 Skoda Yeti 4x4 Elegance-img_0920_1.jpg

One weird incident happened when I was taking picture of the yeti in my open parking (after bringing it home just after service) - a nice gentleman came up and asked me how much the car cost, thinking I just got it from the Showroom. He was surprised and can't believe when I said its just came from 2 years service interval. I was thrilled!

Last edited by iTNerd : 28th June 2014 at 21:00.
iTNerd is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 15th August 2015, 00:51   #69
Senior - BHPian

3 yrs passed by with 40K kms, going strong

Some treats for the snowman in his 3rd ownership:

1) New shoes 215/65 R16 - Michelin Latitude Tour
Fantastic all rounder tires, perfect to harness the power the Yeti can throw

2) LED DRL lights (upper Fog light) from benzinfabrik. Fitting was a pain, and I still have to put the resistor to remove the CAN-BUS error. But it shines brighter and I like it how it looks in daytime.. feel more premium and different from the flock.

Left = LED, Right = halogen (OEM)
My 2012 Skoda Yeti 4x4 Elegance-img_3627.jpg

3) LED position light bulbs from superskoda.
My 2012 Skoda Yeti 4x4 Elegance-img_3590.jpg

My 2012 Skoda Yeti 4x4 Elegance-img_3591.jpg

4) Black eye lid for the headlights - just cosmetic, but it does give a mean, different look. again from superskoda

5) vRS front and rear emblem

ON ORDERS:
1) VCDS
2) off road style side skirts from superskoda
3) Front black lower mesh grill from Russia (via AliExpress)
My 2012 Skoda Yeti 4x4 Elegance-yetigrill.jpg

BTW, for those on the fence to order from superskoda, they are offering a 20% discount on any purchase between 14th to 17th August.
iTNerd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2015, 11:27   #70
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
I doubt it was stolen - the rear emblem has a habit of falling down. Mine fell off twice, the first being in our own parking lot (therefore the 'stolen' theory was quickly abandoned).

On the second occasion it was replaced without cost - this seems to be Skoda policy so the supervisor isnt doing you any favour.

Why would someone steal the large Skoda badge from behind a Yeti - it wont fit any other Skoda and there are very few Yetis around. Where is the market for a stolen badge?
In India people will put this large badge on a Tempo Traveller or Indica and feel good. Idiots!
Old 8th September 2015, 12:24   #71
Senior - BHPian

Skoda Yeti Reborn!

The Skoda Yeti was never a looker (at least the older generation), and most of my friends and relatives can't understand why I bought a ugly, expensive car. After 3 years of ownership, there were few dents here and there, and I gave the car for dry denting. However, it struck me that may be I should just make some subtle changes to revamp the looks, especially after taking inspiration from ajaypjayaraj's mods on his Yeti. So after ordering the accessories, the car went for 3 days surgery at one of my friendly neighborhood garage.

Accessories:
1. Side sill covers (from SuperSkoda)
2. Headlight eye lid (from SuperSkoda)
3. vRS emblems for front/rear (from SuperSkoda)
4. LED DRL for the upper fog light (from benzinfabrik)
5. Lower Grill chrome black mesh (from Russia)
6. VCDS Rosstech cable
7. Blaunkpaut TPMS with external sensors (apart from the inbuilt TPMS based on ABS sensors)

Paint Jobs:
1. Blackend Roof (metallic black)
2. Headlight eyebrows and chrome grill painted to body color (aqua Blue)
3. Alloys (Nevis) painted to glossy Gun Metal.

VCDS mods:
1. TPMS
2. Changing lane indicators from 3 flashes to 5
3. XDS (fast corner assist) Strong
4. Coming home (via fog light)
5. Brake Assist to High
6. Staging (needle sweep)
7. Tear Drop Wiping for Rear Wiper Active

Possible future mods:
1. Diesel Tuning Chip to bump to 170 bhp
2. Thule Roof carrier
3. HID headlights

My 2012 Skoda Yeti 4x4 Elegance-dsc_0014.jpg

My 2012 Skoda Yeti 4x4 Elegance-dsc_0012.jpg

My 2012 Skoda Yeti 4x4 Elegance-dsc_0047.jpg

My 2012 Skoda Yeti 4x4 Elegance-dsc_0059.jpg

My 2012 Skoda Yeti 4x4 Elegance-dsc_0062.jpg

My 2012 Skoda Yeti 4x4 Elegance-dsc_0069.jpg

My 2012 Skoda Yeti 4x4 Elegance-dsc_0040.jpg

My 2012 Skoda Yeti 4x4 Elegance-img_3657.jpg
iTNerd is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th September 2015, 13:40   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
1. Blackend Roof (metallic black)
3. Alloys (Nevis) painted to glossy Gun Metal.
IMHO these two changes have made the biggest difference - especially the alloys (which get coated in brake dust very fast anyway).

I think I will get my alloys painted too - it looks really good.
Steeroid is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2015, 14:27   #73
Senior - BHPian

About the power bump to 170 bhp, I am seriously considering this diesel tunning box, which is plug and play, and cost around 40K - http://www.chipexpress.com/products/2098/.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
IMHO these two changes have made the biggest difference - especially the alloys (which get coated in brake dust very fast anyway).

I think I will get my alloys painted too - it looks really good.
Yes, indeed! The brake dust on silver light alloys was a huge pain in maintenance. 2 years back, I painted matte black to counter the brake dust. But the matte finish was too dull for my liking, so this time, went with glossy gun metal against strict recommendation from the painter. But I am liking the outcome. I say, go for it.
Old 8th September 2015, 14:58   #74
Team-BHP Support

Great looking Yeti there

Quote:
glossy gun metal against strict recommendation from the painter.
Why was the painter apprehensive?

I am wary of stone chips, kerbs impacting the paint, else wish to get it for the Yeti & 4WD S10.
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2015, 17:57   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Great looking Yeti there

Why was the painter apprehensive?

I am wary of stone chips, kerbs impacting the paint, else wish to get it for the Yeti & 4WD S10.
The Painter was of the opinion that, hyper silver is the appropriate color for the alloys that will go well with the aqua blue (for contrast and clean look). Moreover, the Gun metal color is prone to dust and would have a worn out look when dirty. I nearly went with his recommendation, before the brake dust/soots experience struck me, and insisted with the Gun metal. To be fair to the painter's suggestion, in the pictures, the Gun metal alloys do struck a bit odd with the black roof/cladding and bumpers. However, in person, it (Gun metal) suits really well with the overall theme.

Gun metal alloys scheme has been on my Civic for 3 years and it suits the white color very well. They bring out of the lines/curves of the alloys better than silver or black.
My 2012 Skoda Yeti 4x4 Elegance-dsc_0543001.jpg

Last edited by iTNerd : 8th September 2015 at 18:02.
iTNerd is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks