Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2013, 21:02   #46
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Scorpio LX: My Dream Come True: Initial Ownership Review

Hey Sharath!! Enjoyed reading your Scorpio experience. I have a white beauty VLX here in Delhi. Currently did a Noida - Dalhousie - Dharamshala - McLaudganj - Noida.

In simple words I am in love with Scorpio. Will be adding bull bar this week.
funkydude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2013, 17:31   #47
BHPian

3rd Service Update:

Some history before going for 3rd service: On a good Sunday evening with complete family and two kids, clutch stopped working in heavy evening traffic middle of the road. Somehow managed to park the vehicle in safe place without clutch!

Tried calling Chrome motors Hotline and Service advisor's numbers, no luck as they both were busy. Tried Mr Prahlad Kulkarni's number as he had given that for any escalations and emergency. Hotline number, Service Advisor, Abhilash everyone called me back within minutes and they were behind helping me. In an hour or so, mechanic came to the spot and certified saying Clutch slave cylinder has gone down and vehicle needs to be take to workshop as complete assembly and gear box needs to be brought down. Gave the Scorp to him and called up Abhilash to carry out the 3rd service too.

Other Complaints: Diesel Leakage near the hose and routine 3rd service checks.

Abhilash called next morning to note the job card and asked me to wait for updates and proper repair works. I assured him I am OK to wait and job should be cleaner, which he accepted as challenge and did up to the mark. He promptly updated about delay in delivery and took time till Tuesday noon. Also, he obliged promptly for the request to cover everything under warranty without any hassles.

Tuesday morning without any follow up Abhilash calls and voluntarily arranges driver to deliver the car home. After couple of days he again follows up to check if everything is working fine. This is highly appreciated. Lot of improvements seen in his way of working and which is exactly what customer will look out for.

Total bill was just 3 figure number around 600 or something.

Clutch issue is resolved and diesel leakage yet to be checked. Overall a happy owner after prompt response from team Mahindra, starting from Mr Prahlad Kulkarni, Mechanic Satish and Chrome motors service advisor Abhilash.

Will keep you all updated with experiences.
SharathScorp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2013, 17:48   #48
BHPian

Congrats on your purchase!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharathScorp View Post
Dislikes:
1. Poor interiors
2. Missing basic things such as Radio Antenna, Wire Harness etc
3. No proper place for basic tools such as jack rods etc
4. Power window switch positioning
5. Sensitivity of Horn
6. Interior lighting: No automatic lights when you open middle doors
Though I never owned a Scorpio, I have traveled in them couple of times. The missing Radio antenna and wire harness sounds something strange to me. Are these equipment missing from all variants or it has something to do with the variant you purchased. Just curious
Old 22nd August 2013, 17:54   #49
BHPian

The notorious Scorpio clutch slave cylinder issue raises its head again.
I was under the impression that this issue is no longer seen in newer ( > 2012 )Scorpios. Mahindra should have learnt it lessons by now and should have redesigned the part for better reliability. A factory recall would be too much expect from Mahindra.

Most Viewed