Team-BHP - My White Dove - Casper – Ford Figo 1.4 TDCi Titanium
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   My White Dove - Casper – Ford Figo 1.4 TDCi Titanium (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/123948-my-white-dove-casper-ford-figo-1-4-tdci-titanium.html)

Hi Guys,

My White Dove - Casper - Ford Figo 1.4 TDCi Titanium

I was contemplating replacing my 6 year old Wagon R since last few months but was unable to find a concrete reason for going ahead since the car had covered only 40000 KMs and it was getting harder to convince myself to spend in a new car within 2 yrs. of buying the Beast. (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...km-update.html)

Then came a new Tax saving regime in the form of Company Car Lease in my organization and the positives started flowing in. Evaluated multiple options for weeks and finally after much due diligence decided to take the plunge by changing the Peppier 1.1 Petrol Package to a new Diesel Mile Cruncher Suite.

Paramount Requirements - Diesel & ABS.

Price Range - Did not want to cross 6.5L OTR.

Cars Considered

Maruti Suzuki Swift - Although a brilliant engine and equally brilliant A.S.S., but the lengthy waiting and less real space ruled it out. In addition, after having owned a Maruti was compelling me from trying something new.

Chevrolet Beat - 3 Cylinder Engine and Mediocre space was a major deterrent in ruling this out.

Ford Figo - Excellent VFM package, Superlative Engine performance, Outstanding Internal Space, Ride Quality and Bluetooth connectivity. However, A.S.S and low residual value was a hold-up in addition to less equipment list offered.

Toyota Liva - Fantabulous Toyota Technology (Can vouch for it after 4 years with Corolla Altis), Superb A.S.S, Good Overall Product. But, the quality of Interiors and equipment list offered was sagging its chance.

Nissan Micra/Renault Pulse/VW Polo/Tata Indica Vista - Not considered because of No/Pricier ABS versions. Tata was not considered due to obvious reasons.

Test Drove Swift/Figo/Beat on 14th July 2012 and finally decided on Ford Figo 1.4 TDCi Titanium since the same was within budget and offered Excellent VFM with Stupendous Ride Quality. I TD'ed the Figo in various driving conditions - Bumper to Bumper Traffic, Worst Roads of Gurgaon, NH - 8 and each time I drove it, my love for it grew more. Finally took the plunge and Gave a go-ahead to my leasing partner on Saturday evening and pushed him for a delivery for 22nd July (Sunday).

The colour choice was already decided as White since our First car Esteem was White and we simply adored it. Closed all other pending documentation on Monday (16th July) and by evening had booked a White Titanium with Harpreet Ford, Gurgaon. From then on, it was an agonising wait until the weekend to take delivery of my new white beauty – nicknamed Casper.

Deal Closure

Ex-Showroom - 597943
0% Depreciation Insurance - 18330
Regn/Road Tax/etc - 34868
Extended Warranty - FOC
Essential Kit (Mud Flaps/Foot Mats/etc) - FOC
Seat Covers - FOC
Gear Lock - FOC
Reverse Parking Sensors - FOC

Paid extra for below

2 yrs/30000 KM Ford TMP (Total Maintenance Plan - Covers all expenses including wear and tear parts as well except Tires and battery) - 11500
Set of 2 Pillows - 400
Additional Set of Transparent Foot Mats - 650
Window Visors + Door Scuff Plates - 2300

Total OTR Price - INR 665991

Booking Experience

Car was booked through Harpreet Ford and I would rate them as one of the best in the lot I have come across since ages. I requested for almost 4-5 Test Drives and each time they came back with a bigger smile acknowledging my request. All my queries, niggling questions (even Stupid ones as well) were answered accurately with a smile. Overall I would rate them 8/10. Yes, few things always leave for an Improvement, hence leaving that option open.

While Negotiating the deal with them, also sold off my 40K Km done Dec 2006 WagonR VXi to them for 1.5L and handed it over to them the next day.

The Drive

Went straight to the Petrol Bunk and filled up normal 42.3L of Diesel worth Rs 1700. The DTE showed a reading of 580 Kms. Went back home, took the family and off we went to the Temple for a traditional welcome of the new entrant in the family. Thereafter went for an approx 100 KM drive with my close friends only to realise my grin getting bigger and brighter.

Road Trip

Decided to go on a vacation on my Daughter's 2nd Birthday and off we went to Mussorie/Dhanaulti on a 750 KM+ Drive during the first weekend of Aug. Boy, am I overwhelmed by the drive of this white beauty - nicknamed as Casper. What a Beauty to drive. Absolute Stunning!!! Got 17 KMPL during the whole journey with almost 80% AC. Have covered almost 1250 Kms until now and its already on its way to Chandigarh for 2 days. Have already planned the next trip during the coming weekend. Thinking over for a nearby place to unleash this small monster.

Few IncidentsMy White Dove - Casper – Ford Figo 1.4 TDCi Titanium-figo.jpg

First Service Update - Casper went for the First Service in Aug end with Odo reading at 2600 KMs. The plastic panel around the steering wheel was not aligned properly from Day 1 and it being non-repairable, I was promised a replacement during first service (got it replaced in Sep end). The boot lock was mis-aligned and hence, it required muscle power for closing. This was repaired during the first service.

Pics from the Trip

My White Dove - Casper – Ford Figo 1.4 TDCi Titanium-100_7075.jpg

My White Dove - Casper – Ford Figo 1.4 TDCi Titanium-100_7076.jpg

My White Dove - Casper – Ford Figo 1.4 TDCi Titanium-20120804_105747.jpg

My White Dove - Casper – Ford Figo 1.4 TDCi Titanium-20120804_105712.jpg

My White Dove - Casper – Ford Figo 1.4 TDCi Titanium-dsc02341.jpg

My White Dove - Casper – Ford Figo 1.4 TDCi Titanium-img_0034.jpg

My White Dove - Casper – Ford Figo 1.4 TDCi Titanium-img_0037.jpg

My White Dove - Casper – Ford Figo 1.4 TDCi Titanium-img_0038.jpg

My White Dove - Casper – Ford Figo 1.4 TDCi Titanium-img_0091.jpg

I shifted to Bangalore in mid-oct and also got Casper delivered within next 7 days. Till date, it has covered about 6500 KMs and it is delivering exactly what Ford promised. Excellent Driveability with decent fuel economy and SPACE.

My daily drive to office is around 45 Kms round and my smile only gets broader, each time I drive the Casper. It has already covered 2 long road trips and few more are planned shortly. On both occasions, my respect for Ford is growing up. The engine still feels a bit coarse and I am hoping with the passage of time and piling up of few more thousand KMs should smoothen it out.

LikesDislikesFew More ObservationsI have fallen in love again.

Thread moved from the Assembly Line to the Initial Ownership Section. Thanks for sharing!

@Shantanumishra,

Let me be the first person to congratulate you on your Casper:thumbs up. The colour looks pristine on the car. Figo is a true VFM buy. Have driven my friends Figo on numerous occassions and agree with most of the likes and dislikes. Ford is yet to come to Indian driving conditions, hence not yet come out of the European mode when it comes to placing the bonnet opening lids or the turn indicator/wiper stalks. But you will get used to it.

Happy many more mile crunching and drive safely.

Congratulations. It's a very practical car. Your observations completely reflect those of mine. Must say I'm having good fun with my 7K run Figo !!

With a heavy heart, I had to let go of Casper within 2 years of owning it.

It was a wonderful car and there were no issues with the Figo but for the fact that I had moved to Bangalore and RTO had started troubling folks with non-KA registered cars. Additionally, my family got bigger requiring me to go for a Sedan.

After contemplating for 2-3 months, I decided to take the plunge. The Figo got sold to a friend's relative in Mathura.

With the sale proceeds from the Figo and adding more from my kitty, I bought a pre-worshipped Honda City. This beauty with the brains is a 2011 i-VTEC VMT model with only 9950 Kms under the belt. I have checked all history and it is spotless. Even the NCB for last 2 years is intact. Couple of pics as below,

My White Dove - Casper – Ford Figo 1.4 TDCi Titanium-20140713_140846.jpg

My White Dove - Casper – Ford Figo 1.4 TDCi Titanium-20140713_140855.jpg

My White Dove - Casper – Ford Figo 1.4 TDCi Titanium-20140713_140914.jpg

My White Dove - Casper – Ford Figo 1.4 TDCi Titanium-20140713_142523.jpg

@ Mods - Request you to please change the subject of this thread.

Congratulations on your new acquisition.

In case you don't mind, could you divulge how much did you sell the car for?

I was looking at a ball park figure to decide for an upgrade from my 2 year odd old Figo.

Quote:

Originally Posted by batterylow (Post 3478322)
Congratulations on your new acquisition.

In case you don't mind, could you divulge how much did you sell the car for?

I was looking at a ball park figure to decide for an upgrade from my 2 year odd old Figo.

Sent you a PM with details.