Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th November 2012, 23:56   #166
BHPian

Re: Falling in Love Again. The Story of a Czech Maiden - Skoda Yeti

thanks for all the help guys,got the Bluetooth module fixed form vinayaka skoda old madras road,very happy with the work done,they took about 2.5 hrs and charged 4000 + taxes and about Rs 150 for zip tags which they said were used to tie the wires together,overall very happy with the work.
Old 18th November 2012, 09:14   #167
BHPian

A few Pics of the Skoda Siblings together! The Ownership and Initial Impressions Post of the Fabia has been sent Back by GTO to the assembly Line so awaiting for it to go Live! in the Meantime Enjoy!

A Long Shot of the Siblings parked Alongside!

Falling in Love Again. The Story of a Czech Maiden - Skoda Yeti-img_0028-1280x933.jpg

A Closer View

Falling in Love Again. The Story of a Czech Maiden - Skoda Yeti-img_0030-1280x803.jpg

Another View

Falling in Love Again. The Story of a Czech Maiden - Skoda Yeti-img_0031-1280x833.jpg

Up Close and Personal!

Falling in Love Again. The Story of a Czech Maiden - Skoda Yeti-img_0033-1280x960.jpg

Now I Get Closer!

Falling in Love Again. The Story of a Czech Maiden - Skoda Yeti-img_0034-1280x960.jpg

Panoramiv View of the Front Courtyard!

Falling in Love Again. The Story of a Czech Maiden - Skoda Yeti-img_0035-1280x261.jpg

Another Panoramic View

Falling in Love Again. The Story of a Czech Maiden - Skoda Yeti-img_0043-1280x248.jpg

The Final Parting Shot!

Falling in Love Again. The Story of a Czech Maiden - Skoda Yeti-img_0044-1280x264.jpg
Sunilrj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th November 2012, 09:59   #168
vij
BHPian

Awesome pics. Thats a plenty of space man
How similar the front of fabia and yeti look and yet how much more upmarket and elegant the Yeti's front looks.
vij is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2012, 21:05   #169
BHPian

Many congratulations on your new Skoda.The pair look absolutely fantastic together. Getting the Fabia in silver would have really looked the part. Its always nice to have more than 1 of something you love. Looking forward to your thread on the new car. So is the Fabia next in line for accessories?
Old 18th November 2012, 21:29   #170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunilrj
A few Pics of the Skoda Siblings together! The Ownership and Initial Impressions Post of the Fabia has been sent Back by GTO to the assembly Line so awaiting for it to go Live! in the Meantime Enjoy!

A Long Shot of the Siblings parked Alongside!

The Final Parting Shot!
Great photos. Good to see someone who has modified the Yeti so much go in for a pre worshipped car. Speaks volumes of your confidence in Skoda. Congrats.
Old 19th November 2012, 17:24   #171
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoskooll View Post
Many congratulations on your new Skoda.The pair look absolutely fantastic together. Getting the Fabia in silver would have really looked the part. Its always nice to have more than 1 of something you love. Looking forward to your thread on the new car. So is the Fabia next in line for accessories?
Thank you! Yes Silver Would have been Ideal, but then getting a Pre-owned Silver, at the price i wanted it, and in the same condition as This One is a big Challenge. Not to Mention Most of the Fabia's Sold are in White!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carcrazy60 View Post
Great photos. Good to see someone who has modified the Yeti so much go in for a pre worshipped car. Speaks volumes of your confidence in Skoda. Congrats.

Thanks! Pre-owned Car Makes a Lot of sense if the pricing is right, the condition is good and specially if it has a year of warranty and Two years of EW Left in it. Also since dad normally travels with me to office and takes the train or bus if he has to go long distance and his daily commute is just about 5 kms early in the Morning when he goes to Church this was the best option.

I have lot of Confidence in Skoda, Mr. Sudhir Rao and the SAIPL team that i have interacted with. Quite a Bit of Confidence in Mr. Sharma, the Chief Service head at TAFE . Though when it comes to the Mangalore Workshop there is still a trust Deficit, but having dealt with TATA, GM, FORD, Maruti, Mahindra, VW and HM Workshops in the past i am sure that i can tame these guys at the Mangalore Workshop

Per Se, Skoda Cars are Good. They are upmarket, have a Premium feel, Solid Build and I wouldnt be wrong if i said that as far as their Cars go ' commitment to quality' which is their Tagline is more or less Correct. it is the Service which messes up things. parts are a bit expensive as compared to the Japs and Koreans, but then the Japs and Koreans lack the feel and the solid Build.

PS: Am not advertising for SKODA, nor am i on the rolls of Skoda. I am Just one Happy Customer who has been treated well by SAIPL

Last edited by Sunilrj : 19th November 2012 at 17:26.
Sunilrj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2012, 00:29   #172
BHPian

Hi Sunil,
After upgrading the Bolero with the bluetooth setup did you have to get the vcds checked for error codes or on ordering and receiving the setup can it be a DIY job?
Also it would be nice if you could be nice if you could advice on what all parts need to be ordered with the bluetooth module. There are different modules in carsystems.pl and www.cars-equipment.com,which is compatible with the Bolero HU?
Old 23rd November 2012, 05:46   #173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manjith_pm View Post
Hi Sunil,
After upgrading the Bolero with the bluetooth setup did you have to get the vcds checked for error codes or on ordering and receiving the setup can it be a DIY job?
Also it would be nice if you could be nice if you could advice on what all parts need to be ordered with the bluetooth module. There are different modules in carsystems.pl and www.cars-equipment.com,which is compatible with the Bolero HU?
well VCDS is required to enable Telephone in the CAN Gateway (Controller No 77). basically Bluetooth Fitment is a DIY job if you have the necessary Tools namely Wedge Tool 3409, Torx Driver T20 and you know how to remove and refit the trims.

Just order the Bluetooth Retrofit KIT from Carsystems. Give them your Vehicle VIN and Mention that it is a Yeti. Not that the connectors are different for different VAG Vehicles, but this is to be on the safer side. I guess the Latest Kit ends with 7P6 XXXX L. so you would have to order the 'Retrofit Kit' which comes with the controller, Microphone, Styrofoam Container and Cables.

Fitment needs a Lot of Patience as quite a few Trims are to be removed and refitted. The Cabling has to be routed through the carpet to under the front right seat to reach the OE resting place of the Controller. the roof Lights etc also are to be removed.
Old 23rd November 2012, 07:49   #174
BHPian

Thanks for the quick reply! I also wanted to know about the code to be entered, how do you find this code and will it be a fresh one after adding the components or is it the same old code.
Old 23rd November 2012, 08:55   #175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manjith_pm View Post
Thanks for the quick reply! I also wanted to know about the code to be entered, how do you find this code and will it be a fresh one after adding the components or is it the same old code.
for fitting the Bluetooth Module No coding is required. all you have to do is go to CAN GATEWAY on VCDS, go to adaptations and enable Controller No 77 - Telephone. Everything will start working. 'Enabling' is by just putting a tick mark in a box!
Old 24th November 2012, 17:17   #176

Quote:
Originally Posted by breakneck
thanks for all the help guys,got the Bluetooth module fixed form vinayaka skoda old madras road,very happy with the work done,they took about 2.5 hrs and charged 4000 + taxes and about Rs 150 for zip tags which they said were used to tie the wires together,overall very happy with the work.
I got my Bluetooth fitted at pashankar auto Europa motors Pune and they charged me RS 1500/- only thanks for the help from all at team bhp
Old 25th November 2012, 05:48   #177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreephadnis View Post
I got my Bluetooth fitted at pashankar auto Europa motors Pune and they charged me RS 1500/- only thanks for the help from all at team bhp
Rs. 1500/- for a 4 Hour Job? are you serious ? is this the bluetooth unit that has a part No 7P6... or 5J0051473A / 5J0051473 ?
Old 25th November 2012, 06:17   #178

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunilrj

Rs. 1500/- for a 4 Hour Job? are you serious ? is this the bluetooth unit that has a part No 7P6... or 5J0051473A / 5J0051473 ?
Yes part no was 7P6035730L ordered from carsystems even I was surprised they took around 2 hrs
Old 25th November 2012, 09:56   #179
BHPian

A Bright Sunday Morning and i got down to Pampering the Maiden. After a Wash she was given a Beauty Therapy which included a Face Pack. The end Results are here!

The Bonnet Glistening and Shining!

Falling in Love Again. The Story of a Czech Maiden - Skoda Yeti-img_0073.jpg

The LHS Front Door!

Falling in Love Again. The Story of a Czech Maiden - Skoda Yeti-img_0074.jpg

A Close up of the LHS Fender

Falling in Love Again. The Story of a Czech Maiden - Skoda Yeti-img_0075.jpg

The Side View!

Falling in Love Again. The Story of a Czech Maiden - Skoda Yeti-img_0076.jpg

The RHS Side View

Falling in Love Again. The Story of a Czech Maiden - Skoda Yeti-img_0071.jpg

The RHS View Again!

Falling in Love Again. The Story of a Czech Maiden - Skoda Yeti-img_0072.jpg

and Finally This is how she looks when the Nightlife is Active!!

Falling in Love Again. The Story of a Czech Maiden - Skoda Yeti-img_0060.jpg

Sunilrj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th November 2012, 18:02   #180
Senior - BHPian

Sunilrj, the chrome treatment on the front do looks good. Btw, one question I wanted to ask, is does fitting of the chrome end pipes require cutting/sawing of some part of the steel exhaust pipes? The skoda mechanic is insisting doing so, will make the chrome pipes further inside and won't be visible. I pointed out the instructions manual that came with it, and to follow every step of it.

I also got the wheel arc extension kit along with the glues. Though the mechanic had not installed it before, after seeing the instructions in the manual, he is confident he can do it, and as instructed, I was told to leave the yeti today to the dealer workshop, as it requires around 6 hrs stationary storage after installation of the arcs. I am very anxious if they will be up to the task to install correctly.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks