Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2012, 18:41   #31
j76
BHPian

Re: Falling in Love Again. The Story of a Czech Maiden - Skoda Yeti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunilrj View Post
The Yeti is equipped with a Bolero Music System which has a SD Card reader. The Quality of Playback of MP3's from the SD card is a 100 times better as compared to CD's (MP3 or Audio).
Sorry to sound like I would be nitpicking, however am curious to know why an SD card should sound 100 times or any number of times better than an audio or mp3 CD. If the song file that you copy onto the SD card is 320 bit rate or higher it will be very close to CD quality. Additionally if that same file is burned onto an mp3 CD the quality will be equal.

Is there a difference in the way the Bolero Music system treats each of these ?
Old 9th August 2012, 21:24   #32
BHPian

having been a DJ for 14 Long years, right from the time CD's came to be used, to MP3's and Now Flash memory devices, i can safely say that the sound rendition from Flash memory Devices is much better than sound rendered through audio cd's and MP3 Cd's. this is because my Mp3's are encoded at 320 kbps. the Mp3 Cd's are normally encoded at 64 or 128 Kbps. further the seek time of flash drives are better than MP3 cd's. Audio Cd's render better quality than mp3 Cd's, but these are those Audio Cd's that are manufactured by Music Companies and Not Audio Cd's written from MP3 Files. Also a Small Info: I used to DJ initially thru a DND-4500 Unit (CD's and MP3's) and then started Using a Numark HD Mix Unit (hard drive) and then later a Pioneer CDJ 2000 (Pen drives and Cd's). The sound rendered through the Numark was always crisp and Clear!
Sunilrj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th August 2012, 11:45   #33
j76
BHPian

Brilliant, thanks for the information on flash memory rendering better sound. Didn't know this. Always learning I guess.

In my eagerness, I did forget to congratulate you on the acquisition of the Yeti. Congratulations and wish you many many years of happy driving to music !
Old 10th August 2012, 15:25   #34
vij
BHPian

Anyone has the cost of accessories for the yeti. I need to know the price of the rubber cladding on the sides. Almost decided to buy a 6 ,onth used yeti and might need to replace that if I do.
Old 10th August 2012, 16:29   #35
BHPian

Hi Sunil, a hearty congrats on your yeti!!! I too picked up mine, but in Mato Brown, roughly around the same time. Have posted a picture of her (in two minds whether the Yeti should be referred to as him or her) on another thread.

Truly encouraging to see you on an accessorization drive. This cross-over is meant for just that and the right fitments only accentuates the animal in her. I have been bitten by the very same bug right from the time I had decided on bringing her home and now on the verge of embarking on a similar journey as yours. Over the past week and a half I have been bombarding the services GM of Vinayak Skoda to death with queries on various Yeti accessories. I have also opened up a mail thread with Methods who are the official importer for Thule range of products in this country.

Apart from many common cosmetic garnishes and the OEM Bolero bluetooth integration kit, the big ones I have in mind are, one, a tow-bar mounted double bike carrier and two, a roof mounted aero dynamic transport box. Unfortunately, I doubt Vinayak Skoda has installed many of those before. So at the moment they seem to be pretty clueless w.r.t the components that would be needed for both those installs. Also they appear equally unaware about the blue tooth extension kit for the Borelo that you have mentioned. They only seem to have installed the one which has an additional touch screen to be mounted on the dash. I am not quite inclined on that as it looks a bit too after market-ish for my taste and would rather prefer to have the one that you have listed out. As for the transport box, at the moment I am undecided on whether to use the skoda OEM parts or to go for a complete Thule package.

Hmmm...in such times I wonder how ignorance can be so much of a bliss. If I could summarize to you folks the mental projection I carry for my own yeti, it has to be the one captured in the picture attached. So got to prepare myself for quite a bit of research and expenses. I would be eager to exchange notes with you and anybody who would like to begin a similar journey. In fact I was wondering if we should start a deditated thread on Skoda Yeti OEM accessories/mods/tuning/after-market-fitments in this forum. It could be really worthwhile for many Yeti enthusiasts.

All the best once again bro and wish you very many happy miles on your splendid Skoda Yeti
Attached Thumbnails
Falling in Love Again. The Story of a Czech Maiden - Skoda Yeti-yetitobefinal.png  

Old 11th August 2012, 06:44   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by j76 View Post
Brilliant, thanks for the information on flash memory rendering better sound. Didn't know this. Always learning I guess.
Thanks a Lot for your wishes. Yes the FLash Memory has better fidelity over other Devices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vij View Post
Anyone has the cost of accessories for the yeti. I need to know the price of the rubber cladding on the sides. Almost decided to buy a 6 ,onth used yeti and might need to replace that if I do.
Give me a days time and i will give you the list of accessories and their MSRP right from Skoda India. I am already in touch with quite a few people from SAIPL regarding procurement of accessories, and seeing my enthusiasm, my dealer TAFE (Virendra from TAFE-MLR and Jose from TAFE-BLR) have also joined in and are planning to order all the accessories of all Skoda vehicles over the Next week. according to Jose ''all they needed was someone like me to start this process''

Quote:
Originally Posted by xplorauto View Post
Hi Sunil, a hearty congrats on your yeti!!! I too picked up mine, but in Mato Brown, roughly around the same time. Have posted a picture of her (in two minds whether the Yeti should be referred to as him or her) on another thread.

Thanks a Lot and Congratulations to you too. I guess Yeti should be a She, Since she looks delicate and dainty, and is also petit

Over the past week and a half I have been bombarding the services GM of Vinayak Skoda to death with queries on various Yeti accessories.

Contact Jose at TAFE-BlR, If you need his number PM me. He also owns a Yeti and yesterday we had a long chat regarding ordering of accessories and was wowed by the fact that i ordered quite a few from the Czech Republic. Also like i said in another Thread, i have been in direct contact with the People at SAIPL, Aurangabad for the accessories and the result has been fruitful. seeing my enthusiasm, the people at TAFE ( Virendra at Mangalore and Jose at Bangalore have placed an order for quite a lot of accessories to accessories the entire Skoda Car range.

I have also opened up a mail thread with Methods who are the official importer for Thule range of products in this country.

Methods Auto! All the best. These guys werent able to identify the part number of K&N filter for the Linea and Now the Yeti and order it.

Apart from many common cosmetic garnishes and the OEM Bolero bluetooth integration kit, the big ones I have in mind are, one, a tow-bar mounted double bike carrier and two, a roof mounted aero dynamic transport box.

The Transport box is a OE Skoda Accessory and can be fitted on the roof rails in just about 15 minutes. it comes with all the necessary hardware required for fitment as well as a detailed fitment instruction leaflet. PM Me your Number and i guess i can make it available to you

Unfortunately, I doubt Vinayak Skoda has installed many of those before. So at the moment they seem to be pretty clueless w.r.t the components that would be needed for both those installs.

Same is the case with my Service Centre. They are clueless. however with a lot of prodding and poking by me, the sales team of Virendra and Jose and the SAIPL team, they have opened up the workshop Manuals and are studying them

Also they appear equally unaware about the blue tooth extension kit for the Borelo that you have mentioned. They only seem to have installed the one which has an additional touch screen to be mounted on the dash. I am not quite inclined on that as it looks a bit too after market-ish for my taste and would rather prefer to have the one that you have listed out.

You can tell them that you want the Interface Box that goes into the superb. The Part Numbers are :

1. Bluetooth Interface Box - 7P6 035 730 C / 7P6035730C Software: SW 0440 Hardware: H05, which includes Bluetooth interface 7P6 035 730 C
2. cablings
3. microphone 3B0 035 711 B
4. Styro Foam Container cum Interface Box Fitment Chassis : 1K0919737M

As for the transport box, at the moment I am undecided on whether to use the skoda OEM parts or to go for a complete Thule package.

Fitment wise, Thule May not have the required hardware coming with it! am unsure that since its a universal box, if they would provide vehicle specific hardware

In fact I was wondering if we should start a deditated thread on Skoda Yeti OEM accessories/mods/tuning/after-market-fitments in this forum. It could be really worthwhile for many Yeti enthusiasts.

I have that in mind too but for the entire SKODA Range of Cars. have already requested Jose to get me the entire accessory List along with prices and he has recieved it yesterday. waiting for them to stock a few accessories and then you can start the thread

All the best once again bro and wish you very many happy miles on your splendid Skoda Yeti

also a Minor Update:

Received the cargo trunk rubber bootliner Skoda OEM - Part Number: DCD630002 - No Import or Customs Duty. These weigh about 7 Kgs and the postman called me up to pick it up from the Post Office. a Perfect Fit for the yeti and Looks Built to Last!

Kya Mileage Hai Boss!!!

Falling in Love Again. The Story of a Czech Maiden - Skoda Yeti-img2012081000033.jpg

Last edited by Sunilrj : 11th August 2012 at 07:08.
Sunilrj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th August 2012, 11:27   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Contact Jose at TAFE-BlR, If you need his number PM me.
Quote:
Also like i said in another Thread, i have been in direct contact with the People at SAIPL, Aurangabad for the accessories and the result has been fruitful
I don't have the privileges of 'pm' yet, but it would be really helpful if you could mail me his contact and that of representatives from SAIPL, with whom you have been in touch with, to my email-id which is, xplorauto@gmail.com.

Quote:
Was wowed by the fact that i ordered quite a few from the Czech Republic.
Can we do that?? How?? I thought every accessory purchase has to be routed through a Skoda dealer in India

Quote:
Seeing my enthusiasm, the people at TAFE ( Virendra at Mangalore and Jose at Bangalore have placed an order for quite a lot of accessories to accessories the entire Skoda Car range.
That's really nice of them. Unfortunately Vinayak has not quite lived up to my expectations in this regard. Though they were very supportive during the purchase leg and I would hate to think they would let me down in the A.S.S, some how, promoting accessories have not quite caught on to their fancy so far. So they have not been as forthcoming and participative with their interaction on accessories as I have seen them with their sales. In fact many of the prices they have quoted have been higher on many counts than what you or some of the other members have been offered to the order of as much as 1000/- bucks. Frustratingly, on pointing it out to them, they have more or less refused to acknowledge the possibility of a quoted price difference to exist.

Quote:
Methods Auto! All the best. These guys werent able to identify the part number of K&N filter for the Linea and Now the Yeti and order it.
Quote:
Fitment wise, Thule May not have the required hardware coming with it! am unsure that since its a universal box, if they would provide vehicle specific hardware
Ouch!!! I know the frustration!!! They could not identify the part number for my T-Jet as well. Not only that, on educating them on it from the K&N configurator on UK's site, they could not procure it for me in over 6 months. Luckily this time round they weren't as clueless about the yeti and thankfully they have it in stock as well.

As for the Thule components, I didn't have to trust their wisdom on it. The website for Thule has a pretty intuitive product configurator, which they call 'Fit Guide'. Its pretty trivial to get the component BOM that one would need for a given car.

Quote:
I have that in mind too but for the entire SKODA Range of Cars.
Even better, but if the other Skoda cars have as much accessorization potential and more importantly have as many enthusiastic buyers who are looking to tread that path. If not, by bringing the other skoda cars in to the fold, we might run the risk of diluting the collective wisdom of the thread for Yeti owners.
Old 12th August 2012, 06:25   #38
BHPian

Quote:
I don't have the privileges of 'pm' yet, but it would be really helpful if you could mail me his contact and that of representatives from SAIPL, with whom you have been in touch with, to my email-id which is, xplorauto@gmail.com.

I have already Emailed you His Details.

Can we do that?? How?? I thought every accessory purchase has to be routed through a Skoda dealer in India

Accessories (Genuine Ones) and fancy ones which do not void any warranties and which do not have warranties - like the Boot Mat I Purchased can be purchased from anywhere in the world. I purchased through superskoda.com, paid thru Paypal and had the goods shipped to me Thru Post

That's really nice of them. Unfortunately Vinayak has not quite lived up to my expectations in this regard. Though they were very supportive during the purchase leg and I would hate to think they would let me down in the A.S.S, some how, promoting accessories have not quite caught on to their fancy so far. So they have not been as forthcoming and participative with their interaction on accessories as I have seen them with their sales..

its been the same with the Tafe-A.S.S too. However the sales team of Jose in Bangalore (who also owns a Yeti) and Virendra Vale in Mangalore got Pro-active once i started ordering from abroad and realised the Huge potential of the Greenbacks coming in through accessory sales.
and Finally the Much awaitedList of Accessories.

Sports and Design, Alloys and Music

Falling in Love Again. The Story of a Czech Maiden - Skoda Yeti-yeti.jpg

Comfort, utility and Safety

Falling in Love Again. The Story of a Czech Maiden - Skoda Yeti-yeti2.jpg

Car Care and Covers

Falling in Love Again. The Story of a Czech Maiden - Skoda Yeti-common-accessories.jpg

For the Other Skoda's the Thread is Located Here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post2869103

Last edited by Sunilrj : 12th August 2012 at 06:31.
Sunilrj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th August 2012, 08:27   #39
BHPian

Here are the Nitty gritties of the Skoda Yeti Bolero System

The Bolero User Manual
Attached Files
File Type: pdf A-SUV_Yeti_Bolero_CarRadio.pdf (774.0 KB, 660 views)
Old 12th August 2012, 12:17   #40
vij
BHPian

Thanks Sunil. The protective rubber cladding price isn't in the list. Do you think it will be readily available with the dealer, since its a default accessory.

Last edited by vij : 12th August 2012 at 12:20.
Old 12th August 2012, 15:49   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vij View Post
Thanks Sunil. The protective rubber cladding price isn't in the list. Do you think it will be readily available with the dealer, since its a default accessory.
The Protective Cladding in Alu Look is an accessory: PART No: FAA630002 and costs 35,541/- the protective cladding in Black, comes as OE along with the Vehicle. therefore it wont be listed as an accessory. This would be listed as a Skoda Genuine Spare. Check with the Service and Spares Dept.
Old 12th August 2012, 16:03   #42
BHPian

Have you done any off road trip yet? I will say it is a must activity in this vehicle and should be tried .

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 12th August 2012 at 20:23.
Old 12th August 2012, 16:05   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quattroa4 View Post
Have you done any offroading yet ? I will say it is a must activity in this vehicle and should be tried .
The Roads in this part of the world, are off roads. half built, no road, big potholes, craters etc etc. so its as good as offroading. on a serious note: havent tried it out yet; but will do it soon!
Old 12th August 2012, 17:56   #44
BHPian

Quote:
and Finally the Much awaitedList of Accessories.
Sunil, were you told of the labor charges for fitting each of these accessories in the catalog? Vinayaka Services tells me that Skoda India has stipulated fitting charges for these OEM accessories. I have emailed the rates quoted by the dealer for the parts that I had inquired from them. Publishing the skoda prescribed fitting rate card, if any, in the accessories thread can be pretty useful. Try and see if you can get an access to that.
Old 12th August 2012, 19:14   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Sunil, were you told of the labor charges for fitting each of these accessories in the catalog? Vinayaka Services tells me that Skoda India has stipulated fitting charges for these OEM accessories. I have emailed the rates quoted by the dealer for the parts that I had inquired from them. Publishing the skoda prescribed fitting rate card, if any, in the accessories thread can be pretty useful. Try and see if you can get an access to that.
recieved your mail, but was busy during the day giving the maiden a wash and cleanup.

the labour rates prescribed vary from city to city, state to state based on the cost of living. further the rates of the accessories are MRP's and Most dealers would give it at Dealer Price + Some margin and not at MRP's. let me enquire tomorrow from TAFE-MLR as regards Labour. Most accessories can be self fitted, except for the ones which involve VAS, Electrical System etc.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks