Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd August 2012, 19:55   #61
BHPian

Re: Falling in Love Again. The Story of a Czech Maiden - Skoda Yeti

Hey Sunil,

Any updates on the OEM VW bluetooth kit for Bolero, a.k.a RCD10. Have you managed to source and install it?

Rgds
Old 23rd August 2012, 21:29   #62
BHPian

Its Been a Long day!

First it was the Fitment of the Chrome tail Pipe End Pieces. have ahd sleepless nights and tense days ever since i had put them on as they could be easily stolen as only one of the four locking clips used to get used on account of the pointy design of the tail pipes. I asked the service Manager if he would fit it as per the instruction manual.

Falling in Love Again. The Story of a Czech Maiden - Skoda Yeti-5l0071910.jpg

I tell him: Boss the Instruction Manual says that you need to saw off a part of the tail pipe
the answer: "sir it will void warranty"
Me: Boss do you have a rotary metal cutter ?
He: No Sir
me: How can you cut the tail Pipe then ?
He: Sir, if we use a hack saw Blade it will take us two days.

utlimately i decided to take the assistance of a fabricator who had done the add-on roof for our house. he used the orbital cutter and cut the tail pipes. then as per the instructions the the Stainless Steel end Pipe Units were fixed using a cloth, a piece of wood and a hammer.

the end result as below:

Falling in Love Again. The Story of a Czech Maiden - Skoda Yeti-img2012082300003.jpg

To remove these twins, the thief would have to cut off the tail pipes and take them with him

Falling in Love Again. The Story of a Czech Maiden - Skoda Yeti-img2012082300004.jpg

The Next Visit was to the Service Centre where i had a Scheduled Appointment for fixing the Rugged wheel Arch Extension Kit.

I inspected the Kit and then authorised the dealer for fitment.
the end result was this:

Falling in Love Again. The Story of a Czech Maiden - Skoda Yeti-img2012082300001.jpg

Dont they Look Good ?

Falling in Love Again. The Story of a Czech Maiden - Skoda Yeti-img2012082300002.jpg

The total Damage: 14900 for The Kit, Rs. 2000/- for the Gum/Glue incidentally the service centre seems to have some Fiat Influence ( falling chrome strips from the Windows - Turkey Gum- experiment with Glass sealant and Permanent Solution found) and they said that the glass sealant would be a better alternative to the glue specified. Accordingly they fixed it and billed me a whopping Rs. 1200 towards Labour! i didnt crib as the end result seems to be an eye catcher!

Last edited by Sunilrj : 23rd August 2012 at 21:51.
Sunilrj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2012, 21:44   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xplorauto View Post
Hey Sunil,

Any updates on the OEM VW bluetooth kit for Bolero, a.k.a RCD10. Have you managed to source and install it?

Rgds
here is the Gist of the Correspondence till date:
date: 09.08.2012

Dear Mr.Sunil,

This is subsequent to our telephonic discussion regarding the fitment of Bluetooth with interface system,

The matter had been discussed with SAIPL Technical team and also the photos been shared to them, As per the advice of technical experts it is not recommended to fix the interface for Bluetooth as there should be requirement to replace the central wiring harness to synchronize with interface box and Bolero music system and with instrument cluster which is not possible, because the central wiring harness of the vehicle is an ‘Intelligent part’ exists only according to the specific PR condition of particular vehicle identification number .

Hence the SAIPL will not recommend to use the interface system shared, However you may use the kit which is available as an standard accessory which the dealership can order basis on your approvals.

Thank You and assuring of our best services and support at all times.

Regards,

N.Seshathri | Customer Care

Skoda Auto India Pvt. Ltd.

In response to a question that i asked Him:

date: 22.08.2012

Dear Mr.Sunil,

Greetings

We had taken up the matter once again with our technical team concerned and SAIPL technical team had advised not to incorporate the system since it involves various modifications as conveyed to you in our earlier correspondences. Hence request you not to fix any additional systems which might hamper the vehicle performances.

Request your kind cooperation and understanding.

Thank You.

Regards,

N.Seshathri | Customer Care

My Reply dated 22.08.2012

Dear Mr. Seshathri and the SAIPL team.

Please find attached a picture of the Skoda Bolero Music System wherein i have circled in Yellow.

Falling in Love Again. The Story of a Czech Maiden - Skoda Yeti-ka19mc7127.jpg

it has been a very embarrassing day being the Owner of a Skoda Yeti and that too a Product in the D segment that costs about 20.25 Lakhs on road in Karnataka, when a friend who owns a Ford Figo and Another who owns a Indica Vista demonstrated that their cars come with an integrated Bluetooth and telephone Pairing System, and mocked and pointed out at the two places in the attached picture and said that a 20 Lakh Car is having dummy buttons! Never ever in my life have i been mocked at like this. Even Cars like Fiat Linea and such other lower segment cars come with Integrated Bluetooth and here i am, with a Skoda, a 20 lakh Skoda wherein the technical Team in spite of providing references from the technical and workshop Manual, as regards Bluetooth is either incompetent or uninterested in providing a solution.

i will be printing out and forwarding the relevant pages of the Workshop and Technical Manual that i have purchased from https://www.erwin.skoda-auto.cz tomorrow which incidentally is also applicable to Indian Models as it generates correctly the Micro details of the car such as sales Model : 5L734Y Engine Code: CLCB, gearbox Code: LNM, (as evidenced by the Vehicle Specific Information generated by the Site attached to this mail) which provides information that is contrary to what the technical Team has advised “not to incorporate the system since it involves various modifications as conveyed to you in our earlier correspondences. Hence request you not to fix any additional systems which might hamper the vehicle performances”.

further i regret to state that 5 of my friends who had done a TD of the Yeti 4X4 Elegance did not complete the deal, as they Complained that there is no Bluetooth. it is Hightime that SAIPL wakes up specially before the slew of releases of SUV’s By M&M, and other Manufacturers. I would be obliged if Mr. Sudhir or the Technical Team Incharge, could spare me about 10 minutes of their busy schedule and listen to the Voices of Several Yeti Owners, who desperately are looking for an integrated Bluetooth and not an aftermarket products like the ones suggested by the Technical Team, which interfere with the aesthetics of the Car as well as would have been options if the car was in the Sub 5 Lakh Budget!

regards
Sunil

Another Mail dated: 23.08.2012

Dear Mr. Seshathri

Please find attached the pictures as well as the information contained in the Trailing Mail. the blue tooth has been fitted into a SKoda Yeti In INDIA, in XXXXXXXXXX and the Customers name is Mr. XXXXXXX. Telephone Number: XXXXXXXXXXX.

Please forward this mail to your technical Team. i would love to hear their comments as well as love to see the look on their faces, specially since the Customer is located in Maharashtra itself. in case the techincal team is unable to figure out how the fitment has been done, they could very well take some technical training from Mr. XXXXXXXX!

regards
Sunil

No reply Ever Since. I Guess this is the time for The yeti owners to send a mail each to the MD of SAIPL Mr. Sudhir Rao!

i have not included the previous conversations as they are basically installation instructions, wiring diagrams, and other details obtained from the workshop Manuals which Mr. Seshathri says is not applicable to Indian Yeti's as they are 'Manufactured in India with Local Wiring Harnesses'

PS: Mods: Sorry if these posts appear back to back. i had posted the preceding Post, when i saw the post of Xploreauto

Last edited by Sunilrj : 23rd August 2012 at 21:53.
Old 23rd August 2012, 23:50   #64
BHPian

hey Sunil,

I too am facing a similar plight with my email queries to the product manager of Yeti at Skoda India. I had mailed her seeking help on resolving two issues, one was on the tow bar parts and the other was of course on the OEM bluetooth kit, since I wasn't getting adequate support from the accessories team at Skoda. There is just no response from her as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunilrj View Post
No reply Ever Since. I Guess this is the time for The yeti owners to send a mail each to the MD of SAIPL Mr. Sudhir Rao!
I am more than keen to write to or talk to Mr. Sudhir Rao if you can share his email-id / contact

That leads me to ask if there is a contact list of the who's who @ skoda with their email ids and/or phone numbers like the way there is one for Fiat, put up on another forum.

BTW, did you know the dealer margin that Skoda offered on OEM accessories? You would be shocked....A small slip on their part revealed it. A mail forwarded by the dealer from Skoda to them had a certain NDP listed along with the MRP. I am assuming NDP stood for National Dealer Price. On a certain part it was 68.33%

Now that could truly be a dampener to someone's aspirations of accessorizing his/her Skoda.

Rgds X
Old 24th August 2012, 06:09   #65
BHPian

The Tyrst with the Maiden!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xplorauto View Post
hey Sunil,

I too am facing a similar plight with my email queries to the product manager of Yeti at Skoda India. I had mailed her seeking help on resolving two issues, one was on the tow bar parts and the other was of course on the OEM bluetooth kit, since I wasn't getting adequate support from the accessories team at Skoda. There is just no response from her as well.

My Dealer has slowly turned round. right now the sales team is more than willing to help with accessories as this would increase their sales commisisons

I am more than keen to write to or talk to Mr. Sudhir Rao if you can share his email-id / contact

I too Am looking for His contact. i sent a mail to the customer care asking for a perosnal appointment with Mr. Rao. Lets see if it happens

That leads me to ask if there is a contact list of the who's who @ skoda with their email ids and/or phone numbers like the way there is one for Fiat, put up on another forum.

As Far as i am Aware no such list exists specially after some Manufacturer filed a complaint against a customer for sending them 'hate' mails, when infact he was trying to catch their attention to his plight with a 'lemon'

BTW, did you know the dealer margin that Skoda offered on OEM accessories? You would be shocked....A small slip on their part revealed it. A mail forwarded by the dealer from Skoda to them had a certain NDP listed along with the MRP. I am assuming NDP stood for National Dealer Price. On a certain part it was 68.33%

AFAIK and as per my comparisons of the prices of the Parts on Superskoda.com and partsworld-uk.com and ebay.com, the parts are reasonably priced and on par with international prices. the dealer margins and dealer commissions happen in every sector not just in the Automotive world. i know a client of mine who gets about 28% Margin on sale of a particular Brand of Laptops. Let them make their money, they have invested in R&D, Infrastructure, Personnel and most importantly its their Business. I would still buy the accessories if i really want them even if they had a 200% Margin. i'm not Bothered!

my grouse is that inspite of these attractive margins, the dealers do not want to stock/sell/install any accessories and feign ignorance about the availibility of the accessories. Just imagine of the 3400 Yeti's sold from Nov 2010, if 2500 Customers opt for the Bluetooth which is listed at 35,000 in the Parts Ordering System, SAIPL Stands to Make 8,75,00,000, if the Dealer margin is 10% the dealers stand to gain about 87,50,000, and if the fitment charges are @400/tu, * 5 Hours = Rs. 2000 * 2500 units = 50,00,000!

Now that could truly be a dampener to someone's aspirations of accessorizing his/her Skoda.

Rgds X
Wish GTO Would Highlight this to the Skoda team when he goes there the next time for a Review and test Drive of their Next Release

Last edited by Sunilrj : 24th August 2012 at 06:13.
Old 24th August 2012, 08:50   #66
BHPian

HERE is another mail that i have sent to SAIPL as well as the dealers:

K&N Engineering, Inc.
PO Box 1329
Riverside, California 92502
United States of America

Dear Sirs,

I have Purchased a Skoda Yeti 2.0 DSL, bearing a VIN: TMBMDF5L4BA701424 on the 2nd of August 2012. Since i have used K&N Filters in the previous 5 vehicles and Trust the Brand and the product on account of its High Quality and Million Mile Warranty, i Purchased a K&N Filter Part NO: 33-2865 which has the following specifications:

Part 33-2865 Product Specifications
Product Style: Panel Air Filter
Height: 1.188 in (30 mm)
Outside Length: 13.438 in (341 mm)
Outside Width: 5.313 in (135 mm)
Filter Material: Cotton Gauze
Filter Re-Oiling Amount: 1.03 oz (30 ml)
Weight: 0.96 lb (0.44 kg)
Product Box Length: 7.72 in (196 mm)
Product Box Width: 1.75 in (44 mm)
Product Box Height: 13.56 in (345 mm)

The Product Box Also States thus:
Will NOT Void Vehicle Warranty
Lasts up to 50,000 miles before cleaning is required depending on driving conditions
Emissions Legal in all 50 US States.
Economical, a K&N Air Filter Will Last the Life of Your Automobile, Motorcycle, or ATV
Works with Vehicle Electronics
Environmentally Friendly
Further The Website K&N High Performance Air Filters, Air Intakes, & Oil Filters states thus:

K&N Million Mile Limited Warranty® and Consumer Protection Pledge
K&N warrants its street vehicle OE Replacement Air Filters for one million miles. When used properly and found to be defective, return your filter and the receipt from purchase and K&N will replace it free of charge. K&N’s Consumer Protection Plan goes one step further than its Million Mile Warranty. The performance aftermarket has, at times, been plagued by car manufacturers and automotive dealers that may attempt to discourage you from customizing your vehicle. They prefer you buy OE parts and not modify your car or truck and have even been known to void their own manufacturer’s warranty due to vehicle modification. That sounds un-American to us, which is why K&N and the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act (more information here) protect consumers from such denied warranty claims. When you buy an OE replacement K&N High-Flow Air Filter or High-Flow Air Intake System you can be confident your vehicle’s warranty will remain in effect. If you experience a difficult dealership, K&N will resolve the issue so you won’t have to. The following summarizes the K&N Consumer Protection Pledge:

K&N pledges to our customers that they will not be taken advantage of and charged for a repair due to a dealership warranty denial blamed on the presence of a K&N product..

The Consumer Protection Pledge on your website: K&N Consumer Protection Pledge is reproduced here

We want to make sure that when you buy a K&N Lifetime Air Filter or Air Intake System, you can be confident your vehicle's warranty will not be impacted. We also want you to feel confident that even if you experience a difficult dealership, we will step-in and resolve the issue, so you won't have to. Therefore, we make the following Pledge:

K&N pledges to our customers that they will not be taken advantage of and charged for a repair due to a dealership warranty denial blamed on the presence of a K&N product.

Steven Rogers, CEO

Consumers buy aftermarket products for many reasons; higher quality, added performance, visual appeal, work requirements or just as a way to be different. The Car Companies do not like aftermarket products and never have. They believe consumers should only buy their parts. There is a battle going on for your freedom of choice and that freedom is being threatened by a number of wolves dressed in sheep’s clothing. Be it in the name of emissions standards, public safety, warranty requirements, or dependence on foreign oil, all these worthy causes may be used as a reason to reduce your right to choose and force you to buy only O/E Parts. That’s why on virtually every aftermarket company's web site; you will see a reference to the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act, a law needed to protect your right to buy non-O/E parts. There has even been a bill introduced recently in Congress called the “Right to Repair Act,” a bill designed to protect your right to have your vehicle serviced by an independent repair facility.

A frustrating problem we occasionally face is service technicians making false or unsubstantiated claims about aftermarket products, even something as standard as a K&N air filter going in the factory air box. These false allegations may then be used as a reason to deny a legitimate warranty claim and force a consumer to pay money when they should not. We are horrified that the presence of aftermarket products could in rare instances be used as an excuse for taking advantage of a consumer. In all instances we have experienced so far, the dealership’s position is mere speculation unsupported by any evidence. However, the dealership is in the “power position” and more often than not, they will win this unfair fight with a consumer, who needs their vehicle back. We are going to balance the scales a bit. We will use our resources to make the consumer whole and challenge the dealership.

and this Page: K&N Product Warranties

ENGINE PROTECTION LIMITED WARRANTY
Unlike many companies, our warranty for O/E replacement air filters and intake systems does extend beyond the replacement of a defective K&N part. For the original purchaser of the product, our warranty covers any engine damage or related costs incurred as a direct result of the use of a properly installed and maintained K&N O/E automotive replacement air filter or intake system on the specific vehicle for which the product was designed to be used by K&N. This includes reasonable vehicle repair costs directly related to an engine problem caused by the failure of a K&N product. Furthermore, we warrant that using our product will not result in a vehicle warranty denial. K&N will not be responsible for any indirect, consequential, special, contingent, or other damages not listed above.

We will promptly reimburse the consumer for the cost of the repair if a service provider denies warranty coverage as a result of a K&N product or claims that a K&N product has caused harm to your engine or vehicle. In order to receive reimbursement, we require each of the following:

The consumer must provide a written statement or repair order from the dealership or service provider in which the dealership or service provider blames the problem or warranty denial on a K&N product;
The service provider or consumer must provide K&N with all allegedly damaged parts. Many states have laws that require a service provider to retain all parts replaced during a vehicle repair, unless given consent to dispose of the parts by the consumer. K&N will pay the shipping cost to recover these parts; and
The consumer must provide proof of purchase of the K&N product along with cooperation in helping us investigate the claim.
Once these steps have been completed, K&N will contact the service provider and collect evidence to support their claim. In the event we are not provided with sufficient evidence, we reserve the right to reject the claim and will use our best efforts to assist in establishing your rights toward the service provider under warranty or other provisions.

NOW COMING TO MY ABOVE PURCHASED VEHICLE:

The Skoda Authorised Service Centre statea that:

1. Installation would void Warranty of the Vehicle
2. Skoda India will not Consider the Vehicle as Serviced as per the Service Schedule specified, if the Paper OE Air Filter that is installed is not Changed at the time of the 15000 Kilometre service and Invoiced, and even if a K&N Filter is Installed, I would be Invoiced and Billed for the Paper Air Filter
3. The Service Schedule Contains a Compulsory replacement of the Filter even if the Customer has installed a K&N Filter
4. This Non replacement of the OE Filter would affect all further warranty claims on the vehicle, even if the K&N filter is Installed.

FURTHER NONE OF THE MANUFACTURERS OF THE CARS I HAVE PREVIOUSLY OWNED NAMELY:

FORD IKON 1.6 ZXI, MARUTI SWIFT 1.3 ZXI, MARUTI SX4 1.6 ZXI, FIAT LINEA 1.3 DSL E+, VOLKSWAGEN VENTO 1.6 CR EVER SCARED ME ABOUT WARRANTIES GETTING VOID IF A K&N FILTER WAS INSTALLED

I OR ANY OTHER CUSTOMER IN ANY PART OF INDIA MAY COME ACROSS A SITUATION WHEREIN THE AUTHORSIED SERVICE CENTRES SCARE CUSTOMERS ABOUT VEHICLE WARRANTIES GETTING VOID IF A SKODA OE DOOR SILL PROTECTOR PART NO: KDA630002 LE IS IMPORTED FROM CZECH REPUBLIC AND INSTALLED, OR A SKODA OE EXHAUST PIPE END PIECE PRT NO: 5L0071910 IS INSTALLED EVEN THOUGH SUCH PARTS DO NOT IN ANYWAY INTERFERE WITH VEHICLE ELECTRONICS AND SO FORTH AND SO ON. I MIGHT FACE A SITUATION THAT THE SERVICE CENTRES WILL TELL ME THAT THE WARRANTY WILL BE VOID IF I CARRIED PEOPLE OTHER THAN MY FAMILY IN MY CAR OR IF I USE A PARTICULAR KIND OF PERFUME OR IF I WEAR A PARTICULAR KIND OF ATTIRE. POLISH THE CAR AND THE PAINT WARRANTY WILL BE VOID, WASH THE CAR AND THE PERFORATION WARRANTY WILL BE VOID,

I believe that a VEHICLE WARRANTY EXISTS NOT TO SCARE A CUSTOMER BUT TO PROTECT HIM IN CASE SOMETHING DRASTICALLY GOES WRONG EITHER DUE TO MANUFACTURING DEFECT OR A FAILURE ARISING OUT OF FATIGUE OF A PARTICULAR PART, AS MOST OF THE TIMES THESE PARTS ARE MASS PRODUCED AND THERE ARE BOUND TO BE A FEW LEMONS AMONG THE APPLES . I DONT UNDERSTAND WHY THE DEALERS OF SKODA INDIA TRY TO SCARE OFF CUSTOMERS BY TALKING ABOUT WARRANTIES GETTING VOIDED. THIS IS AKIN TO AN INSURANCE COMPANY ASKING THE CUSTOMER NOT TO DRIVE HIS CAR ON THE ROAD, BUT KEEP IT AT HOME IN THE GARAGE, FOR IF HE DRIVES IT A CLAIM MAY ARISE AND THE COMPANY WOULD VOID THE CLAIM FOR HAVING DRIVEN THE CAR.

Team K&N I request you to kindly advice Skoda India, through their Parent Skoda Czech or through the VAG Group with whom you enjoy very good relations!

thanking you,

yours Faithfully

Sunil
Sunilrj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2012, 08:57   #67
BHPian

Re: The Tyrst with the Maiden!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunilrj View Post
Let them make their money, they have invested in R&D, Infrastructure, Personnel and most importantly its their Business. I would still buy the accessories if i really want them even if they had a 200% Margin. i'm not Bothered!
my grouse is that inspite of these attractive margins, the dealers do not want to stock/sell/install any accessories and feign ignorance about the availibility of the accessories...
that's precisely the point I wanted to bring up. A dealer is entitled to his margin's if they have products on demo and carry a decent inventory apart from trained labor and service infrastructure. Claiming a 68% margin for accessories when nothing is available on display/demo let alone delivering them to customers ex-stock and to top it all coming across as clueless as one can be on those products cannot warrant that kind of a dealer margin.

You have yourself experienced their lack of infrastructure with the non availability of a rotary cutter, with your dealers service center, when trying to install the exhaust chrome tip and you had to source it from a metal fabricator, haven't you?

We know what we have been going through w.r.t the OEM VW BT kit. Now if (I hope they do) and when Skoda were to turn around and source it for us through one of their dealers, should they be entitled to a 70% dealer margin when they neither had the product on demo nor had that knowledge of it and finally didn't even have the requisite training to install it. Same goes for my tow bar and bicycle carrier as well.

So when I said the 68% margin was a dampener, I said it because as far as I am concerned, I do not feel I got my money's worth when I didn't get the retail services the dealers, and in this case Skoda India too, were meant to provide in lieu of that hefty margin!!!

OT: Its just not with automobiles, I have seen this with many other industries as well. High-end AV market for another is even more infamous for it. There are AV dealers mushrooming in every city these days and none of them carry anything on demo. In many cases they would not even have seen the product that they are selling in their life time, let alone be trained on them. Yet they claim a 25-30% margin.
Old 25th August 2012, 05:39   #68
BHPian

and Now Let Me Introduce you to The Maidens Friend!

Falling in Love Again. The Story of a Czech Maiden - Skoda Yeti-img2012082400005.jpg

Yes its the OE Skoda Ashtray which was Missing in the Yeti

Falling in Love Again. The Story of a Czech Maiden - Skoda Yeti-img2012082400006.jpg

The Sheer Quality of the Product makes it a collectors item

Falling in Love Again. The Story of a Czech Maiden - Skoda Yeti-img2012082400007.jpg

Right From Skoda Czech Republic

Falling in Love Again. The Story of a Czech Maiden - Skoda Yeti-img2012082400008.jpg

and here is a Mail recieved from The International Business Manager of K&N filters:

Sent: Saturday, August 25, 2012 3:29 AM
Subject: FW: K&N Filter 33-2865

Dear Sunil,

Thank you for your e-mail and information about Skoda India. I will check with my colleague in Europe to see if he has any direct connections at SKODA in the Czech Republic. With your permission, I would also like to forward your e-mail to our Distributor in Bangalore to see if he can assist in any way.

Here in the US we have what is known as the “Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act”, which is designed to protect the consumer. What it basically says is that unless otherwise provided for free as a basic service item, no Dealer or OE Manufacturer can void a warranty solely based on using another brand of product. In other words they can’t dictate what brand of filter is used unless the filter servicing is being provided for free (Free Service like what BMW may offer). In addition, they dealer would also need to prove that the K&N product directly caused a failure that might otherwise be covered under the warranty.

Unfortunately, this law or a variation of this law does not exist in many countries. Do you happen to know if there’s a similar consumer protection law?

If you are truly having an issue with the Dealership, I am more than happy to forward your e-mail onto our warranty department who attempt to discuss this issue with the dealership. Please let me know the details of this dealership so I can forward it on.

We greatly appreciate your patronage and I am available should you need further assistance.

Best Regards,

Kevin

Kevin S. Floody
International Business Manager
K&N Engineering, Inc.
1455 Citrus Street
Riverside, CA 92507
Tel: +1 (951) 826-4127
Fax: +1 (951) 826-4007
K&N High Performance Air Filters, Air Intakes, & Oil Filters

wish Skoda India were as fast as Kevin in replying to Mails!!

Last edited by Sunilrj : 25th August 2012 at 05:40.
Old 25th August 2012, 20:26   #69
BHPian

Guys,
I was wondering if the 9w7 bluetooth module is available on ebay, why are we waiting for Skoda India to procure it for us? I think it would work out cheaper too what Skoda dealers would offer to us at. If it is only for preserving warranty, I feel we should give ourselves a definitive wait time frame beyond which we should go ahead and get it down from ebay. The F & K series to be more freely available than G which many say has been discontinued.
-X
Old 25th August 2012, 23:36   #70
BHPian

I'm glad you've finally got the wheel arch kit. The chrome exhausts look smashing. I got mine fit at the dealership before delivery. Anyway how safe & reliable is SUPERSKODA. I still plan on getting 1 more accessory which is not available at the dealership here, which is the decorative aluminium trim for the front bumper's-5L0 071 329.

Apart from the bluetooth kit, i think Skoda India also missed out on key features like Cruise Control, Panaromic Sunroof & crucially Xenon Headlamps..Bummer!!
Old 26th August 2012, 18:36   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoskooll View Post
I'm glad you've finally got the wheel arch kit. The chrome exhausts look smashing. I got mine fit at the dealership before delivery. Anyway how safe & reliable is SUPERSKODA. I still plan on getting 1 more accessory which is not available at the dealership here, which is the decorative aluminium trim for the front bumper's-5L0 071 329.

Apart from the bluetooth kit, i think Skoda India also missed out on key features like Cruise Control, Panaromic Sunroof & crucially Xenon Headlamps..Bummer!!
Thanks! Superskoda Is very Safe. Quite a few of My friends have purchased from there and are quite satisfied with the products and shipping. Normally if all goes well Products reach you within 8-9 days! Better than Skoda India Shipping / Delivery Period of 21 days!

The decorative aluminium Trim is available in India with the dealerships.
Decorative slats of the front bumper - ALU look 5L0071329 1,137

Please check my thread on OE Accessories for All Skoda's!

Now For an Update:

Applied this Product on the Interior Plastic and Vinyl Panels. Gives a Rich Luxurious Look, Does not become shiny Like the Formula 1 Protectants, but retains the OE Texture of the Panels and Dashboard.

Falling in Love Again. The Story of a Czech Maiden - Skoda Yeti-410xsigvaol__ss500_.jpg

The Product Brochure Reads Thus:

Protectant Gel

Our Strongest Protection Available!

Your car is one of your most prized possessions, and it deserves the very best care. As the undisputed leader in protection, we created Protectant Gel — our most advanced formula ever. The rich, luxurious gel coats evenly, penetrating your car's surfaces to form a protective barrier against harmful elements. With even more UV blockers than Original Protectant, you can count on Protectant Gel to preserve & enhance your vehicle's natural beauty.

->MORE UV BLOCKERS to guard against cracking, fading, discoloration & premature aging

->Luxurious gel spreads evenly to enhance your vehicle's deep, rich look & beautiful shine

->Cleans away dirt, dust & debris

->Renews & revitalizes vinyl, rubber & plastic

Where to Use:

=> Dashboards
=>Vinyl Seats
=>Door Panels
=>Consoles
=>Tires/Trim
=>Bumpers

Attention: Not for use on floors, vehicle controls (pedals, grips, steering wheels), bench or cycle seats, cycle tires, brake drums and other surfaces where slipperiness may be hazardous.

Usage Directions:
1.Shake well before use.
2.Unscrew cap and remove foil seal before dispensing.
3.Squeeze directly onto surface or clean cloth.
4. Spread evenly over surface.
5.Watch as shine intensifies over the next few minutes!

For Best Results:
Apply dime-size amount to dashboard-sized surface: treats approximately 30dashboards

Althouugh a Wee Bit Expensive at 500/- For the Bottle, i think its totally worth it.!

Last edited by Sunilrj : 26th August 2012 at 18:37.
Old 26th August 2012, 22:34   #72
BHPian

Hey,i had a query, the latest brochure advertises that the elegance comes with 5 spoke 16" Nevis rims. Were you aware of this or did you opt to stick with 16" Spectrum rims? When i did the PDI i found that the car shipped with spectrum, so i insisted that the dealer changed them to nevis or i would cancel the order.Falling in Love Again. The Story of a Czech Maiden - Skoda Yeti-dsc_0075.jpg
Old 27th August 2012, 06:15   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoskooll View Post
Hey,i had a query, the latest brochure advertises that the elegance comes with 5 spoke 16" Nevis rims. Were you aware of this or did you opt to stick with 16" Spectrum rims? When i did the PDI i found that the car shipped with spectrum, so i insisted that the dealer changed them to nevis or i would cancel the order.Attachment 975763

hi. The Elegance 2012 Models come with 16" Nevis Wheels - Post April i guess. Though initially i thought of asking the dealer for Nevis which seems to look better, i then checked my vehicle specifics on erwin.Skoda-auto.cz which is detailed in http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2875862 - where there is a Pdf file: Vehicle-specific_information47993.pdf

Since i didnt want the specifics are obtained from Skoda to Vary from the actual Car stuck to the Spectrum wheels.
Old 28th August 2012, 22:20   #74
BHPian

and here is the Anti Slip Mat! Skoda branded! Looks expensive and Not chinese!

Falling in Love Again. The Story of a Czech Maiden - Skoda Yeti-img2012082800016.jpg

Falling in Love Again. The Story of a Czech Maiden - Skoda Yeti-img2012082800017.jpg
Old 2nd September 2012, 08:42   #75
BHPian

A Rainy Day Update with the fender flares Fixed!

Falling in Love Again. The Story of a Czech Maiden - Skoda Yeti-img2012090200018.jpg

The 'Skoda' Branded Key Chain! Skoda everywhere!!

Falling in Love Again. The Story of a Czech Maiden - Skoda Yeti-img2012090200019.jpg

Fitment of Rugged wheel Arch Extension Kit a.k.a Fender Flares. Detailed Guide

Page 1
Falling in Love Again. The Story of a Czech Maiden - Skoda Yeti-page1.jpg

Page 2
Falling in Love Again. The Story of a Czech Maiden - Skoda Yeti-page2.jpg

Page 3
Falling in Love Again. The Story of a Czech Maiden - Skoda Yeti-page3.jpg

Page 4
Falling in Love Again. The Story of a Czech Maiden - Skoda Yeti-page4.jpg

Page 5
Falling in Love Again. The Story of a Czech Maiden - Skoda Yeti-page5.jpg

Page 6
Falling in Love Again. The Story of a Czech Maiden - Skoda Yeti-page6.jpg

Page 7
Falling in Love Again. The Story of a Czech Maiden - Skoda Yeti-page7.jpg

Page 8
Falling in Love Again. The Story of a Czech Maiden - Skoda Yeti-page8.jpg

Ensure that before fitment the required Hardware: 3M tapes, Sticky Tapes, White Masking Tape, Clips and Most importantly the following Adhesives are available with the workshop as they do not come along with the Part No: 5L0071069:

1. Activator Primer P 146(C) 1X part NO: HHA381016, - 1 Bottle
2. Gluing seal elch technik P1 3X80 ml HHA381014 - 3 tubes of 80ML Each

or

The Following Chemicals Manufactured by DOW Chemicals

1. gluing seal betamate 2810,
2. activator betaprime 5600
3. degreaser terostat 8550
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks