Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th August 2012, 17:29   #46
BHPian

Re: Falling in Love Again. The Story of a Czech Maiden - Skoda Yeti

And Ladies and Gentlemen!

The Czech Maiden at Night. Look at Her Glow!

Falling in Love Again. The Story of a Czech Maiden - Skoda Yeti-img2012081200035.jpg

Another shot: The Bedsheet is being used as a protective cover from my Cat, who has taken a fancy for my Car. it never used to Like the Vento, But Liked the Linea a Lot. and Now she also seems to Love the Yeti!

Falling in Love Again. The Story of a Czech Maiden - Skoda Yeti-img2012081200038.jpg

Guess who is Inside the Air filter Box

Falling in Love Again. The Story of a Czech Maiden - Skoda Yeti-img2012081200037.jpg

Not a Common Sticker (the common Ones have K&N in white and is a single piece Sticker)

Falling in Love Again. The Story of a Czech Maiden - Skoda Yeti-img2012081200036-1024x768.jpg
Sunilrj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th August 2012, 18:36   #47
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Good to see that you've taken the K&N Step.
Please can you share the price for the same? I was trying to source one here in BLR but so far I have not succeeded.
Is there any difference in the mileage at all?
I ask because strangely enough, when I fitted the standard replacement filter from K&N into our Swift, some years ago, I found a drop in mileage of one or two kmpl rather than an increase!
Please correct me if this is the wrong impression.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunilrj View Post
Guess who is Inside the Air filter Box

Attachment 968850

Not a Common Sticker (the common Ones have K&N in white and is a single piece Sticker)

Attachment 968852
Old 13th August 2012, 22:04   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Good to see that you've taken the K&N Step.
Please can you share the price for the same? I was trying to source one here in BLR but so far I have not succeeded.
Is there any difference in the mileage at all?
I ask because strangely enough, when I fitted the standard replacement filter from K&N into our Swift, some years ago, I found a drop in mileage of one or two kmpl rather than an increase!
Please correct me if this is the wrong impression.
Thanks Shankar. K&N is a Lifelong Investment. The Price is 6990/- Though a few dealers offered it at 5890 + 300 Shipping, They werent able to keep up to their commitment. My friend in Bangalore has stock of these.

Too early to comment on the Mileage on the Yeti, but on my Linea, there was an increase of about 1 km/ ltr. But more importantly it was the increase in pickup and the grunt of the engine. I have had similar experience when the K&N went into my Swift and SX4, both of which were petrol
Sunilrj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th August 2012, 05:14   #49
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunilrj

Thanks Shankar. K&N is a Lifelong Investment. The Price is 6990/- Though a few dealers offered it at 5890 + 300 Shipping, They werent able to keep up to their commitment. My friend in Bangalore has stock of these.

Too early to comment on the Mileage on the Yeti, but on my Linea, there was an increase of about 1 km/ ltr. But more importantly it was the increase in pickup and the grunt of the engine. I have had similar experience when the K&N went into my Swift and SX4, both of which were petrol
Hi.
Will you PM me on this with your friend's contact? I think I will also go the K&N way.
Old 14th August 2012, 06:28   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Hi.
Will you PM me on this with your friend's contact? I think I will also go the K&N way.
For the Benefit of the Other Yeti Owners, i shall put the Number here:

Waseem: 90080 80706 / 98450 80706
Old 15th August 2012, 07:14   #51
BHPian

a Few Learning and Findings:

The Skoda Bolero System, seems to have some restrictions placed inside it to prevent unusually large Capacity SD Cards from being Used so that users dont blame the Bolero to be a laggard. i first used a 64GB card and only 4 GB got read. then i used a 32 GB and found that the card gets read upto about 8 MB. so then had a few 16GB cards lying around in the House. Filled up each of the SD cards with about 2300 Music files (7.54 GB) and all the files and folders get recognised.

Also got my Smart Card RC Yesterday. That Makes it within 9 days of Purchase Excluding holidays! I had been warned that this would take atleast 3 Weeks! Found the year of Manufacture on the RC as 1/2012

and heres is Minna who seems to have become Obsessed with the Czech Maiden.

Falling in Love Again. The Story of a Czech Maiden - Skoda Yeti-img2012081400050.jpg

I am Also the Part Owner!

Falling in Love Again. The Story of a Czech Maiden - Skoda Yeti-img2012081400049.jpg

Look at The Maiden Glow! Thanks to Waxoyl

Falling in Love Again. The Story of a Czech Maiden - Skoda Yeti-img2012081400051.jpg
Old 16th August 2012, 14:51   #52
BHPian

Its Been about 50 Kms since the K&N filter Installations which was a DIY project for me. the Vehicle Seems to be Breather Better and I can feel a Noticeable Change/ Difference in the Way she drives. She used to feel Strained at Low Revvs, but now at Low revvs she seems to have regained her Breath!!

also got another Set of Skoda Valve Caps and the Skoda Carpet Logo's. here's the Pic after the Carpet Logo's were Installed!

Falling in Love Again. The Story of a Czech Maiden - Skoda Yeti-img2012081600058.jpg

Falling in Love Again. The Story of a Czech Maiden - Skoda Yeti-img2012081600057.jpg
Old 19th August 2012, 06:49   #53
BHPian

a Preview of the heavy Cargo Boot Liner Purchased from Super Skoda! weight: Just 7 Kgs!

Falling in Love Again. The Story of a Czech Maiden - Skoda Yeti-dsc_0003-1024x683.jpg

YETI embossed on the Boot Liner

Falling in Love Again. The Story of a Czech Maiden - Skoda Yeti-dsc_0004-1024x683.jpg

Old 19th August 2012, 08:56   #54
BHPian

Vehicle Specifics from Erwin.skoda-auto.cz!

Falling in Love Again. The Story of a Czech Maiden - Skoda Yeti-erwin.skodaauto.cz-vin.jpg

exact date of manufacture of Components

Falling in Love Again. The Story of a Czech Maiden - Skoda Yeti-erwin.skodaauto.cz-vehicle-service-information.jpg

Entire vehicle Specifics. What has gone into the Car and What Hasnt!

Vehicle-specific_information47993.pdf

All This + Wiring Diagrams for telephone Installations:

Section 153, 154 and 85 of the Workshop Manual

WI-XML 85-1-2-3-4-5.pdf

WI-XML 153-1-2-3-4-5.pdf

WI-XML-154-1-2-3-4-5.pdf

The Diagrams Dont Show as the Pages cannot be saved to the HDD. Didnt have a Printer on Hand to take a print.

The Total Damage Euro 5!
Old 22nd August 2012, 06:18   #55
BHPian

The First Long Distance Commute and semi Off Road experience

Monday was a day where we (Parents + Better Half) had to Travel 162 Kms Away from Mangalore, to a Place called Hassan for a Function. Started Early at 6.15 and drove at 80-100 thanks to the bright sunshine and Weather. Till The Shiradi Ghats, it returned a Constant of 17.

As the Ghat section Began the roads seemed to have partially disappeared and there are huge craters and undulations for about 30 Kms. AVg Speed here was 30-40, with Gears 2-3-4 Being Used. Average returned was 12-14

once the Ghat Section ended stopped over for breakfast at Sakleshpur and after 30 minutes started off and this time touched speeds of 120-130. The Maiden Behaved and Handled so well that until my better half saw the Speedo and asked me to relax, they had never realised the Speed

utlimately reached Hassan at 9.30 am. thus total Travel Time: 3hrs 15 Minutes inculding the 30 Minute Break.

After the Function Got over, we started again at 2.45. This time the Traffic was much more with Capsule Tankers and Slow Moving Trucks. Not to mention the Slight Drizzle and then the Very Heavy rain which accompanied us for about 70 Kms. Landed in Mangalore at 6.15, thats about 3hrs 30 Minutes, this time with a Break of about 40 Minutes to Buy farm Fresh coffee and tea and spices from one of the Outlets of the Tea Estates.

The Vehicle is COnfidence Inspiring and she begs of you to floor the Accelerator and Shift to the 6th Gear. Stopping is Sureshot with the ABS+EBD. This apart, the Traction of the Goodyear Excellence Tyres was confidence inspiring and never did they squeal even when i took a very sharp turn at high speed. the Wet Grip also was very good, unlike in my Scorpio where the Vehicle used to stop 200 Meters away from the Point of Applying the Brakes! Return trip Average was 16.9 KMS.

Reached Mangalore and Decided to Wash the Maiden, but alas my 7 year old Car Care Companion the Hymatic Pressure Washer seemed to have gone to its eternal abode.! Hence Ordered another Pressure washer and it should arrive in a couple of days.

UPDATE ON ACCESSORIES:

1. The OE Chrome Tail Pipe Extension Kit (set of Two) has arrived. the quality of Steel used is beyond Compare and no Chinese or Indian product can ever come close to it. Also the Tips are not the ones which are inserted and nuts tightened, but are the Clip on System where the clips Tighten on the End Pipes.

2. The Yeti Limited Edition Door Sill Protectors in Black with Aluminium Inserts: The Black is a Rubbery Kind of Plastic and the Aluminium Inserts have the words Ýeti' Embossed along with the Big Foot Logo. Installation of both these items was a breeze and took me about 10 Minutes, as a Part of the DIY Exercise!

Pics will Follow after 2 Hours when its daylight!

Last edited by Sunilrj : 22nd August 2012 at 06:20.
Old 22nd August 2012, 07:33   #56
BHPian

For the Audiophiles who are confused about what are the differences between RCD310, RCD 510 and RNS 510 of VW - Skoda Cars. Heres a quick Ready Referencer Courtesy my-gti.com

Differences between the Music System Models.pdf

and Here is the wiring PIN Diagram for the Music System in the Yeti, for those who are interested in going in for a BT-Interface Box

Falling in Love Again. The Story of a Czech Maiden - Skoda Yeti-vw_rcd_510_pinouts.jpg
Old 22nd August 2012, 08:16   #57
BHPian

a Few Pictures as promised of the Door Sill Protectors and the chrome Exhaust Tips:

On the RHS Front Door Sill Extends All the Way Along the Curve on the Sill

Falling in Love Again. The Story of a Czech Maiden - Skoda Yeti-img2012082200059-1024x768.jpg

This Should Give a better Idea of What i Want to Convey

Falling in Love Again. The Story of a Czech Maiden - Skoda Yeti-img2012082200060-1024x768.jpg

on the RHS Rear Door

Falling in Love Again. The Story of a Czech Maiden - Skoda Yeti-img2012082200061-1024x768.jpg

RHS Rear Door Closeup

Falling in Love Again. The Story of a Czech Maiden - Skoda Yeti-img2012082200062.jpg

Note the Grainy Texture. This feels Rubbery and Soft to Touch

Falling in Love Again. The Story of a Czech Maiden - Skoda Yeti-img2012082200063.jpg

LHS Front Flash used

Falling in Love Again. The Story of a Czech Maiden - Skoda Yeti-img2012082200064.jpg

One Last Look

Falling in Love Again. The Story of a Czech Maiden - Skoda Yeti-img2012082200065-1024x768.jpg

The Chrome Exhaust Tips! The sheer Quality of the Fitment Turns your attention towards it.

Falling in Love Again. The Story of a Czech Maiden - Skoda Yeti-img2012082200066-1024x768.jpg

The Clips Inside!

Falling in Love Again. The Story of a Czech Maiden - Skoda Yeti-img2012082200067.jpg

Though the Installation instructions require the Slant Cut of the Tail Pipes be removed using a hacksaw, and then filed and then these end pipes to be installed, i didnt want to lose the originality of the Car! hence Installed it directly
Sunilrj is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2012, 19:30   #58
Senior - BHPian

Lovely accessories! I like the door sill and the rubber boot mat. I am too lazy to order anything. Was there any custom problem? I am keen to order some accessories online too, but I don't have the time to run around for clearing those items when they reach here. Any tricks that you employed for hassle free delivery?
Old 22nd August 2012, 20:20   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
Lovely accessories! I like the door sill and the rubber boot mat. I am too lazy to order anything. Was there any custom problem? I am keen to order some accessories online too, but I don't have the time to run around for clearing those items when they reach here. Any tricks that you employed for hassle free delivery?
I am also interested to order a few things from superskoda. may be we can get together and may well be able to save on shipping cost
Old 23rd August 2012, 06:12   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
you can go ahead and order from Superskoda, and its a cakewalk. Or if your are too lazy to order it yourself , do an NEFT to me of the bill amount and i will place an order like i have done for a few friends of mine here. There was no Customs duty levied for both the shipments as this basically depends upon the mood of the officer in the Postal Appraising Department at the International Office of Exchange Post Office (I.e. Mumbai, Delhi, Bangalore etc ) . In case duty is levied it would be about 2000 - 3500/- only but worth it as the products are good.

Dont worry about customs, leave it to me. the sender is required to put the packing slip, invoice copy and the customs declaration in a pouch on the package. in my shipment these were missing hence i got a notice from the customs to produce the same. I being a Chartered Accountant, gave a suitable reply by post and the items were with me in a Jiffy. No Corruption, no Under the table exchange etc.

to be honest, i have about 15 purchases, from ebay worldwide (bulgaria, germany, Hongkong, china that are in various stages of Transit. Normally everything gets cleared as its for 'personal' use and 'no commercial interest' is involved

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbey4u View Post
I am also interested to order a few things from superskoda. may be we can get together and may well be able to save on shipping cost
Shipping Costs wont reduce, there is no Compromise by Superskoda as its international Speed Post via Air. and to doubly make sure that i am not being taken for a ride, based on the weight i did a calculation on the ceska posta (Czech Post) website and the shipping Charges were correct to a T. unless there is a customs hold up the items reach within 6-7 days. i would say Place an Order an See!

UPDATE:

purchased the ELSA for the Skoda Range- There is a service manual called ElsaWin/ElsaPro. "ELSAWIN is the Service & Repair Workshop software actually used by the Volkswagen, Audi, Seat and Skoda main dealers and factory technicians around the world, it covers cars (with varying amount of informations) from 1947 till today. It provides Servicing Guides, Workshop - Repair Manuals, Electric Schemes - Wiring Diagrams, Body Works."

However this programme can only be installed in a windows 32 bit operating system and all my laptops have 64 Bit OS. Tried a workaround using the Windows XP Mode, but then this is a pain to configure. Hence went out to Reliance Digital and Purchased a Acer Netbook which comes with a 32 bit OS. Installed the Elsa and am now able to get solutions for even the creaking noise. Next Plan is to purchase a OBD-Hexcan Cable which will allow me to connect the program to the Yeti and use the Diagnostic settings. Also plan to buy a Ross-Tech Cable and VCDS software in case the Service Centre says that they cannot activate certain features.

Will Be Going into the Operation Theatre today, for fitment of the Rugged Wheel Arch Extension Kit, and proper Fitment of the Tail Pipe End piece. Will Post with Pictures once the operation is successful. hopefully the doctor (service manager) wont die seeing that i have the workshop Manual and a link to Elsapro!

Last edited by Sunilrj : 23rd August 2012 at 06:30.
Sunilrj is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks