Old 17th August 2012, 14:42   #241
Senior - BHPian

re: Driven: 5th-gen Hyundai Elantra

Quote:
Originally Posted by zen kobane View Post
Delhi On ROAD

Disel AT - 18,52,781

Petrol AT - 16,87,796

I am contemplating between both, WHICH is more powerful in terms of pick-up at different gear ratios, do we have a comparison?
Its 17.5 On Road for the Diesel AT with a Haryana Registration. Im tempted to ditch the Delhi Number for a saving for 1L. Also further discounts can be had with the Insurance if its done outside of the showroom and also if one can negotiate the Logistics Charges of Rs. 6500 which is ridiculous. Don't dealers have to absorb transportation costs of a car within their margins ?
Old 17th August 2012, 19:17   #242

Does any one know if the production model has the MID display in the diesel AT
Old 17th August 2012, 19:58   #243
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcecpl View Post
Does any one know if the production model has the MID display in the diesel AT
Nope. No MID in elantra.
Old 17th August 2012, 22:10   #244
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanhunt123 View Post
Nope. No MID in elantra.
Is it there in the petrol AT?

What do the little displays show behind the steering?
Old 18th August 2012, 11:07   #245
BHPian

I don't know what this whole fluidic craze is with Hyundai. Honestly speaking, if I just look at the pictures, I don't know if I'm looking at the New Fluidic Verna, or the New Fluidic Sonata, or the New Fluidic Elantra, or the New Fluidic i20 (headlamp pics).

Please. I just don't see the inspiration to buy a Hyundai anymore. I remember how my heart leaped with joy when I saw the Santro back in 1999, and progressively the Accent (we bought both the Santro and the Accent), old skool Elantra, and the Tuscon. Somehow now, it all looks the same to me.
Old 18th August 2012, 14:20   #246
BHPian

The fluidic design looks good but too flashy to me. I dont somehow like attracting too much attention with a car. I liked the elegant looks of Laura better. But thats just me. No offense intended.
Old 20th August 2012, 00:51   #247
Senior - BHPian

I went to Hyundai Motor Plaza (company owned showroom) in delhi today for a test drive of the Elantra. Was disappointed to note that the Diesel AT was not available for a test drive and hence i had to settle for a Petrol AT. The cars interiors are up there in terms of quality with my Civic and definitely beats it for equipment. The cars steering is completely lifeless at low speeds and while taking the car out of the garage, its like a video game steering. My civic isn't as easy to maneuver and takes a bit of muscle. I like that actually !
Since the car was not registered, i had to drive it within the service lanes and i was able to push it to around 70 or 80. The engine is lazy and when you floor the pedal, it takes a whole lot of noise and few seconds to take off ! My Civic AT is a lot more silent and quicker in those respects. The suspension is quieter though. The AC is a chiller and the ventilated seat feature is fantastic and leaves you with a nice sensation.

Im more interested in the Diesel AT if i was serious about buying this car and i really want to know if its any better in terms of initial response.
Old 20th August 2012, 11:55   #248

Hi all,wanted to know if the abscence of the DTE, real time mileage ,average mileage is a software issue which can be corrected by a firmware or a really bad mixup by hyundai which cannot be corrected .Hard to understand the abscence of a now very basic feature available in cars one third the price.
Also looking for views from forum members regarding their views on which variant gives you maximum value for your money.
Thanks in advance for your views.
Old 20th August 2012, 17:42   #249
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by locomoco View Post
Hi all,wanted to know if the abscence of the DTE, real time mileage ,average mileage is a software issue which can be corrected by a firmware or a really bad mixup by hyundai which cannot be corrected .Hard to understand the abscence of a now very basic feature available in cars one third the price.
I don't think a software fix can sort it out. The i20 too doesn't have those, and we've tried if tinkering with the software in my friend's car can activate them, but no go. In the i20, we thought Hyundai was giving it a deliberate miss as their tall claims of 18.xx-2o.xx kmpl will go for a toss.
Old 20th August 2012, 18:49   #250
BHPian

Can seniors please guide me in my choice between elantra base diesel vs. Verna SX diesel ? I want a change since my extended family has 3 Vernas , I hav an i20 and would like a change , but is the price increase worth it(specially with the same engine ....)
TIA !!
Old 20th August 2012, 21:20   #251
BHPian

I was particularly disappointed after the test drive of Elantra diesel. It lacked the outright performance one expects from this segment of cars. The drive was very sedate comparable to altis diesel. Steering lifeless at slow speeds. At times I had to completely floor the pedal for it to react.
shivmarwaha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2012, 21:32   #252
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivmarwaha View Post
I was particularly disappointed after the test drive of Elantra diesel. It lacked the outright performance one expects from this segment of cars. The drive was very sedate comparable to altis diesel. Steering lifeless at slow speeds. At times I had to completely floor the pedal for it to react.
Where did you find the Diesel for Test Drive? And was it AT or MT?

One more question, have you driven VERNA, and if you have, was Elantra's drive at par with Verna, in terms of quickness and pull?
Old 20th August 2012, 22:18   #253
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drasitkhanna
Can seniors please guide me in my choice between elantra base diesel vs. Verna SX diesel ? I want a change since my extended family has 3 Vernas , I hav an i20 and would like a change , but is the price increase worth it(specially with the same engine ....)
TIA !!
I would recommend you look at the elantra specs. In the base model you wouldn't get anything that they are marketing the product for. IMO Elantra base diesel is definitely not a VFM.
nilambuj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2012, 23:36   #254
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilambuj View Post
I would recommend you look at the elantra specs. In the base model you wouldn't get anything that they are marketing the product for. IMO Elantra base diesel is definitely not a VFM.
Thanks.... What's the on road price of the base and the mid version ? I believe the mid version is approx 80000 rs extra ... Would that be worth it ?
Old 21st August 2012, 01:31   #255
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drasitkhanna View Post
Thanks.... What's the on road price of the base and the mid version ? I believe the mid version is approx 80000 rs extra ... Would that be worth it ?
On Road Prices @ Delhi

Diesel

Base - Rs.15,13,393
S - Rs.15,97,664
SX - Rs.17,37,343
SX AT - Rs.18,52,781

Petrol
S - Rs.14,35,944
SX - Rs.15,74,858
SX AT - Rs.16,87,796

Hope this helps, Enjoy!
zen kobane is offline   (1) Thanks