Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd June 2014, 06:53   #571
Senior - BHPian

Even I experienced this sound .
Its the brake pads causing the sound.
I changed the front break pads at 35000kms and the rear ones at 40000kms.
The sound is non existing now.
Old 3rd June 2014, 21:19   #572
BHPian

re: Driven: 5th-gen Hyundai Elantra

What is the actual mileage of the 1.8 SX AT in city driving conditions and on Highway. If there are any owners of the 1.8 AT please respond.
666 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2014, 16:38   #573
dmv
BHPian

Hi 666

I'd asked the same question a few posts earlier, but didnt see any responses. Wondering now if there are just too few petrol AT owners around.

In any case, do let me know if you are planning to buy the 1.8SX AT in Bangalore and what kind of offers you are getting from the local dealers. I only know about a 20K corp discount plus some other 10K discount currently.

Thanks !
Old 4th June 2014, 21:03   #574
BHPian

I am considering between the Octavia AT 1.8 Ambition at 20.5 on road Bangalore Vs the 1.8 AT SX Elantra at 18.7 (with some discounts). After the TD on both I am inclined to the Octavia.Mileage on the Octavia looks like 9.5 kmpl, I dont know about the Elantra. The A.S.S of Octavia scares me, and family prefers the goodies on the Elantra.
Old 5th June 2014, 21:21   #575
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 666 View Post
I am considering between the Octavia AT 1.8 Ambition at 20.5 on road Bangalore Vs the 1.8 AT SX Elantra at 18.7 (with some discounts). After the TD on both I am inclined to the Octavia.Mileage on the Octavia looks like 9.5 kmpl, I dont know about the Elantra. The A.S.S of Octavia scares me, and family prefers the goodies on the Elantra.

Though both belong to the D segment they really cannot be compared.
The Octavia is really good on the dynamics and is really fun to drive. Elantra on the other hand is not bad to drive at all but comes with all the bells and whistles and more importantly better safety kit than the mid version Octavia.

Less said the better on Skoda's ASS. Hyundai seems very good on the spares and service. This is the first time I have bought a Hyundai and am impressed. There are about 4 service stations between my house and office. Isn't that awesome.
Paid only ₹4581 for my 10000 Kms service for an Elantra. The indicator was broken on the RHS rear view mirror and believe or not just that part was available. Most high end cars would require you to replace the entire mirror assembly. It cost just ₹ 2400 and was done in an hour.
Why don't you look at the diesel Elantra? The added weight makes for better handling. Just my 2 cents.
Arjun Reddy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th June 2014, 22:18   #576
dmv
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 666 View Post
I might be missing something here, but I dont see Octavia AT 1.8 Ambition listed on Skoda India site or on Carwale's on-road pricing tool. Are you referring to the 1.8 TSI AT (thats only available in Elegance trim and on-road seems to be in Rs. 22L range) or maybe the diesel AT ?
Old 7th June 2014, 04:58   #577
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmv View Post
I might be missing something here, but I dont see Octavia AT 1.8 Ambition listed on Skoda India site or on Carwale's on-road pricing tool. Are you referring to the 1.8 TSI AT (thats only available in Elegance trim and on-road seems to be in Rs. 22L range) or maybe the diesel AT ?
I walked up to Vinayk cars in Bangalore, and they gave me a price sheet which had 1.8 TSI AT at a that pricepoint listed.
Attached Thumbnails
Driven: 5th-gen Hyundai Elantra-octavia.jpg  

Old 8th June 2014, 10:33   #578

Folks - does anyone know whether the Elantra has a 60:40 rear folding seat option? One of the guys in the showroom here said its not available, but later when I visited the webpage it is mentioned as an option... Any clarity?
Old 8th June 2014, 22:09   #579
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritual View Post
Folks - does anyone know whether the Elantra has a 60:40 rear folding seat option? One of the guys in the showroom here said its not available, but later when I visited the webpage it is mentioned as an option... Any clarity?

The seats of the Elantra does not have the option. Not sure of the website though.

Sent from my iPhone using Team-BHP
Arjun Reddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2014, 11:34   #580

@spiritual
Elantra does not have the rear seat folding option.
9nikhil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2014, 13:21   #581
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
Though both belong to the D segment they really cannot be compared.
The Octavia is really good on the dynamics and is really fun to drive. Elantra on the other hand is not bad to drive at all but comes with all the bells and whistles and more importantly better safety kit than the mid version Octavia.

Less said the better on Skoda's ASS. Hyundai seems very good on the spares and service. This is the first time I have bought a Hyundai and am impressed. There are about 4 service stations between my house and office. Isn't that awesome.
Paid only ₹4581 for my 10000 Kms service for an Elantra. The indicator was broken on the RHS rear view mirror and believe or not just that part was available. Most high end cars would require you to replace the entire mirror assembly. It cost just ₹ 2400 and was done in an hour.
Why don't you look at the diesel Elantra? The added weight makes for better handling. Just my 2 cents.
Same dilemma we were in about a fortnight back, before we decided to go in for diesel Elantra SX. I agree with your assessment of Hyundai service.
Elantra is a great package. My father drives it and he is loving it. I just wished if it was called Avante, I liked that name for this car.
penpavan is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2014, 14:05   #582
Senior - BHPian

My diesel automatic gives me 10kmpl. You can judge accordingly for the petrol.
abhinav.gupta88 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th July 2014, 14:24   #583
BHPian

I know I have asked this question several times but as this is a very strong Elantra forum, I am requesting all Elantra owners to help. I am planning to buy a 1.8SX AT elantra vs the 1.8G Corolla Altis. For me features do not matter more than the drive quality. The elnatra's cabin space feels cramped when someone sits behind. Altis is a very open and airy feeling. I love the cooling features the elantra offers on its seats. I have not test driven the elantra as yet but would like to have some first hand experience from owners driving the petrol AT version.
Thanks in Advance
Old 17th July 2014, 14:58   #584
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmalik30 View Post
I know I have asked this question several times but as this is a very strong Elantra forum, I am requesting all Elantra owners to help. I am planning to buy a 1.8SX AT elantra vs the 1.8G Corolla Altis. For me features do not matter more than the drive quality.
In terms of drive quality, the Altis is better than the Elantra but that's not saying much.

Both are the bottom when compared with the Euro cars Skoda, VW and renault.

Petrol engine in Altis has better performance and the CVT box is one of the best around for an AT box after the VW/Skoda DSG.
Old 19th July 2014, 22:48   #585
BHPian

An update on my previous post. When I told my Hyundai dealer that I am also looking at the altis he has convinced me to take a test drive of the sonata which is priced at 21.5L on road. I am not sure as I have not seen too many sonatas on road, but no harm in test driving the car. I am surprised that the Sonata is cheaper than the Octavia.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks