Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2014, 13:51   #586
Senior - BHPian

re: Driven: 5th-gen Hyundai Elantra

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmalik30 View Post
When I told my Hyundai dealer that I am also looking at the altis he has convinced me to take a test drive of the sonata which is priced at 21.5L on road.
If you are okay with a gas guzzling petrol, then the Sonata can work. However, it could be a 2013 car so check before putting down your money. Unless you are okay with this too.

Hyundai's are usually value for money cars.
Old 8th August 2014, 13:01   #587
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmalik30 View Post
An update on my previous post. When I told my Hyundai dealer that I am also looking at the altis he has convinced me to take a test drive of the sonata which is priced at 21.5L on road. I am not sure as I have not seen too many sonatas on road, but no harm in test driving the car. I am surprised that the Sonata is cheaper than the Octavia.
Sonata is actually a segment higher than the Octavia. Its much bigger and should be more luxurious from the back seat. The Sonata has a GDI petrol engine rated for 200 bhp I believe. Though the specs on paper are good, I doubt if the on road performance will be that good. The Sonata will never be dynamically as good as European cars, though the low speed ride will be good. But if you are chauffeur driven and use the car mostly within the City, I think its a better option than cars like the Octavia and Jetta.
Old 21st August 2014, 13:29   #588
BHPian

Looking for few answers on Elantra - Petrol Automatic.

1) Any feedback on Elantra Petrol Automatic - in general.

2) Fuel Efficiency - city and highway.

3) Power delivery and shift up/down feel. May be, in comparison with the new CITY and VW Vento.

Prem.
Old 1st October 2014, 19:19   #589
BHPian

My SX Elantra has served me very well for 2 years now.. I would like to add some modifications to jazz up the beauty ! Any suggestions guys? Because I have not come across any thread/posts/pics etc..
Old 11th October 2014, 23:36   #590
BHPian

Hi, are there any inputs on the Elantra petrol automatic's mileage (city and highway) and any other general feedback? Considering a purchase. ..
Old 13th October 2014, 18:23   #591
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drasitkhanna View Post
My SX Elantra has served me very well for 2 years now.. I would like to add some modifications to jazz up the beauty ! Any suggestions guys? Because I have not come across any thread/posts/pics etc..
What kind of modifications are you intending? It already looks so good on the road. Adding any accessories will only spoil its appearance in my opinion. Also, it is hard to find any custom accessory for the fluidic elantra outside the dealer market.
Old 13th October 2014, 20:16   #592
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukhoi30 View Post
What kind of modifications are you intending? It already looks so good on the road. Adding any accessories will only spoil its appearance in my opinion. Also, it is hard to find any custom accessory for the fluidic elantra outside the dealer market.
Yeah, you are right .. The car is such a beauty (IMO THE MOST BEAUTIFUL CAR ON INDIAN ROADS) that there is little you can add to it. But still I was feeling kinda guilty of not having "done" anything for it since buying it.. So thought there might be something available? Maybe i'll just change the stock Alloys ? A spoiler? Additional speakers from Bose ?
Old 16th October 2014, 18:56   #593
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drasitkhanna View Post
Yeah, you are right .. The car is such a beauty (IMO THE MOST BEAUTIFUL CAR ON INDIAN ROADS) that there is little you can add to it. But still I was feeling kinda guilty of not having "done" anything for it since buying it.. So thought there might be something available? Maybe i'll just change the stock Alloys ? A spoiler? Additional speakers from Bose ?
A set of projectors with DRLs from the new 2014 Avante will make it look smashing. Maybe an aftermarket infotainment system?
Old 17th October 2014, 00:06   #594
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
A set of projectors with DRLs from the new 2014 Avante will make it look smashing. Maybe an aftermarket infotainment system?
Good idea, Nilesh
Any idea where I can source the projectors from ? In Delhi side .... Thanks
Old 20th October 2014, 13:18   #595
BHPian

Hi i am planning to book an Elantra after I was left disenchated by Maruti Ciaz. I wanted to find out if the 2014 build has the same wallowy feeling in the rear seat (on the highways)? Is it as bad as Verna?
Old 21st October 2014, 10:00   #596
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaskaracs View Post
Hi i am planning to book an Elantra after I was left disenchated by Maruti Ciaz. I wanted to find out if the 2014 build has the same wallowy feeling in the rear seat (on the highways)? Is it as bad as Verna?
Its definitely not as wallowy as the Verna, but its still a soft suspension. You should take a long drive to judge for yourself.
shivasuma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2014, 20:22   #597
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivasuma View Post
Its definitely not as wallowy as the Verna, but its still a soft suspension. You should take a long drive to judge for yourself.
Yeah,
It is more planted than the Verna, probably that was the reason for keeping engines of Verna and Elantra same(not give it a bigger engine). The Verna is simply "FRISKY" for want of a better word.
I have just completed my 3rd drive to Nainital from Ghaziabad, and I love the car more every time !! Very safe and sober, silent, fast,fun family luxury car. Wife and kid sit at the back in the hills(and I drive) , and they love it.
Old 29th October 2014, 12:57   #598
Senior - BHPian

My car has arrived in the yard and i just came back after giving it a look. Surprisingly, of the 3 Elantras that were off loaded, only the AT came with the nexen tyres that Hyundai talks about on the brochure. My car came shod with Goodyear Assurance.

Should i get the tyres swapped to the Nexen ones? Not sure which ones are better. But now is the time to get them swapped so wanted to get some feedback from the group.
Old 29th October 2014, 13:13   #599
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
My car has arrived in the yard and i just came back after giving it a look. Surprisingly, of the 3 Elantras that were off loaded, only the AT came with the nexen tyres that Hyundai talks about on the brochure. My car came shod with Goodyear Assurance.

Should i get the tyres swapped to the Nexen ones? Not sure which ones are better. But now is the time to get them swapped so wanted to get some feedback from the group.
If there is no additional cost, you should go for Nexen. I found that it is really strong and grips the road perfectly on high speeds. For the first 10000 Kms, you will find that the tyre noise within the cabin is high. It is because of the hardness of the Nexen rubber. After you have driven long and in various conditions, the noise will reduce considerably.
Old 29th October 2014, 22:30   #600
Senior - BHPian

A friend and tbhpian pinged last day from Singapore. He took two Elantra taxi each day he was there; first one's odo read was 977,00kms and next one's was 864,00kms
I donno if its petrol or diesel though but wow!
jkdas is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed