Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th April 2015, 20:39   #661
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukhoi30 View Post
Just a while back a MS Swift bumped into my Elantra from the rear. It seemed to be a medium level hot. When I got out to check the damages, I found that my rear bumper was totally fine except for a small tear/scratch. But the MS swifts front grill had a big dent and probably damaged the radiator too.
Was it because of the Elantra superior build or the crash crumple feature of any modern car???

Sent from my iPhone using Team-BHP

Had a similar shunt today. I was driving back from Hyderabad. A Mercedes E Class hit me from behind at a toll gate. I was standing still and he moved his car. The sound of the impact was massive and the Elantra probably moved 3-4 meters. Except for a small round paint peel off ( less than 20 mm in diameter)and a little crumple at the top of the rear bumper there was not other damage. Thumbs up. The mercedes had a slight damage to his front fender.
Old 5th April 2015, 14:27   #662
BHPian

re: Driven: 5th-gen Hyundai Elantra

Does anyone know the cubic capacity on the Elantra's air conditioner's compressor? The previous generation Elantra had a powerful 180cc compressor. Wondering how capable the new Elantra's AC is in comprising to the old one

Thanks
Old 5th April 2015, 14:35   #663
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by styx71 View Post
Does anyone know the cubic capacity on the Elantra's air conditioner's compressor? The previous generation Elantra had a powerful 180cc compressor. Wondering how capable the new Elantra's AC is in comprising to the old one

Thanks
I don't know about cubic capacity. But compared to Ciaz and City, Elantra AC offers me amazing cooling in peak Chennai summer even with seat ventilation switched off. The neo Elantra is not neo anymore having launched in 2012 unlike the evergreen ANHC! The upcoming facelift doesn't seem to make any interior changes which will impact AC performance.
Old 5th April 2015, 19:23   #664
BHPian

Thanks Bhaskar

How is the cooling for the rear seat passengers. Does the rear vents start throwing out cool air as soon as the ac is turned on or is it just a blower unit.

Based on the interior pics of the facelift available on the net, I see that speed option has been reduced from 3 to 2 for the seat ventilation - don't know how much difference this is would make
Old 6th April 2015, 12:16   #665
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by styx71 View Post
Thanks Bhaskar

How is the cooling for the rear seat passengers. Does the rear vents start throwing out cool air as soon as the ac is turned on or is it just a blower unit.

Based on the interior pics of the facelift available on the net, I see that speed option has been reduced from 3 to 2 for the seat ventilation - don't know how much difference this is would make
1. Rear vent is a blower unit. Having said that the cooling at the rear seems adequate as my parents tend to close the rear vent in the first five minutes in Chennai summer. I haven't personally experienced rear seat cooling as I drive the car

2. Seat ventilation is a useful feature is stating the obvious. Having two instead of three fan speeds - you will hardly notice any difference. I see a difference in cooling (if i observe closely) only when i switch from level 1 to level 3 or the reverse. Level 2 is almost redundant.
Old 6th April 2015, 13:10   #666
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
Had a similar shunt today. I was driving back from Hyderabad. A Mercedes E Class hit me from behind at a toll gate. I was standing still and he moved his car. The sound of the impact was massive and the Elantra probably moved 3-4 meters. Except for a small round paint peel off ( less than 20 mm in diameter)and a little crumple at the top of the rear bumper there was not other damage. Thumbs up. The mercedes had a slight damage to his front fender.
Think its just the rear bumper that is reinforced. Saying this based on two incidents I have witnessed/experienced. Also pedestrian safety norms could apply here as well.

1) 08-09 Honda City rear ends 11-12 Honda City at low speeds. Front of the older city is visibly destroyed, but the newer honda seems to have taken it in its stride.
2) Elantra hit me on the rear wheel arch on the WEH, and both our cars suffered dents. Again, this was at low speeds.
lamborghini is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2015, 03:14   #667
BHPian

Hi all,

Any update on the confirmed launch date for the facelift Elantra? I am looking forward to seeing it live before finalising on some car.
thanks.
Old 15th April 2015, 19:58   #668
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amithsebastian View Post
Just heard from the dealer that the new Elantra facelifts includes the following:

Exterior
-updated headlights with projector lights and LED DRL
-updated bumper with new fog lamp design
-dual tone rear bumper
-new 10 spoke alloys design

Interior
- all new 1tone BLACK interiors
- negative type display for better daytime visibility
- 2 knob audio system
- Touch screen (4.3" LCD) audio system in top end variant
- slight change in air vent positions

Deletion
- rear seat audio controls

I have booked one of this and waiting for the launch. Am told mid April deliveries would start as of now. Hope they don't delay further !

Hello! Did you get any word from your dealer about the possible launch date? There is absolutely nothing over the internet and dealers here in Delhi have no update about the facelift. They're just not allowed to take any new bookings for the older model.

We're running out of patience now. Uncle is inching towards The City as the time is passing by :(
Old 17th April 2015, 07:26   #669
BHPian

I got a reply from two dealers in Hyderabad that it would launch in next 10 days or so, definitely within end of April.
Old 18th April 2015, 00:58   #670
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by namanchaudhary View Post
Hello! Did you get any word from your dealer about the possible launch date? There is absolutely nothing over the internet and dealers here in Delhi have no update about the facelift. They're just not allowed to take any new bookings for the older model.

We're running out of patience now. Uncle is inching towards The City as the time is passing by :(
The face lift model has been launched today in bangalore. The cars are available in the showroom from today. The price on the top end is gone up by 1.6L
Old 18th April 2015, 10:08   #671
BHPian

Quote:
The face lift model has been launched today in bangalore. The cars are available in the showroom from today. The price on the top end is gone up by 1.6L
Thanks for the update mate, any idea about the actual differences that has made it to Indian offering?

It's ridiculous to see the price increase while the all new Elantra 2016 is launching in May in Korea, on sale there from june. :(

Last edited by Insane Devil : 18th April 2015 at 10:09.
Old 18th April 2015, 14:34   #672
BHPian

Quote:
Hi! Could you please confirm if the new facelift has a sunroof or not, as dealer is saying it doesn't.
Old 19th April 2015, 09:30   #673
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Devil View Post
Thanks for the update mate, any idea about the actual differences that has made it to Indian offering?

It's ridiculous to see the price increase while the all new Elantra 2016 is launching in May in Korea, on sale there from june. :(
The actual differences in the offering had been listed in my earlier posts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by namanchaudhary View Post
Hi! Could you please confirm if the new facelift has a sunroof or not, as dealer is saying it doesn't.
Nope. The new facelift does not have sunroof.
Old 19th April 2015, 09:56   #674
BANNED

There hasn't been any ownership reviews as such of the 1.6 Crdi motor with the Auto box. I am deciding on a new car and I would like to know how it performs in the real world with real time efficiency of it and whether the power is sufficient or the ride is horrid.
Old 19th April 2015, 10:13   #675
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kisharchit View Post
There hasn't been any ownership reviews as such of the 1.6 Crdi motor with the Auto box. I am deciding on a new car and I would like to know how it performs in the real world with real time efficiency of it and whether the power is sufficient or the ride is horrid.
Hi buddy,

Two of my close friends have been using the 1.6 Crdi AT Elantra from past two years and both have driven to almost 37-40k in past two years.

Both of them are in love with the car and are extremely happy with its performance.

It is not as good as a german car on high speed highway driving. Both have them have taken their cars on highways a lot and are extremely satisfied with it.

I have driven my friends car, and loved the performance. Currently its the best you can buy, loaded to the brim.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks